The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #101
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 21,862
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

It's hard to tell. The busy-ness is very reminiscent of the TDK(R) suit, and it almost looks like the infamous puzzle-pieces have found a new home on Wolverine's pants.

Goodness, HJ is beginning to look old...

__________________
Feel like using the word "hyperbole"? Better check what it means!

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

.
Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is offline  
Old 12-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #102
Travesty
Dats right!
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,201
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
This just looks like a grey BB suit.

__________________
A little of dis, a lot of dat.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Travesty is offline  
Old 12-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #103
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic
 
KillerMcQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,546
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
It's hard to tell. The busy-ness is very reminiscent of the TDK(R) suit, and it almost looks like the infamous puzzle-pieces have found a new home on Wolverine's pants.

Goodness, HJ is beginning to look old...
Yeah, they're gonna have to start looking for a new Wolverine soon.

KillerMcQueen is offline  
Old 12-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #104
Saint
The Devil's Robot
 
Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 12,728
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
My opinion, from day one, has been that the Young Justice design pretty much the gold standard in terms of a modernization of the Batman costume.

Yeah, the truth is we're just talking about a couple of scribbles on the classic costume. However, when you compare it to Jim Lee's New 52 mess, you can see how a couple of scribbles can make a huge difference.

The New 52 outfit just like like random, unnecessary embellishment. While it has been drawn well by certain artists, in general Lee's lines are pretty much junk.

The lines on the YJ costume complement the body and the design of the costume subtly. This is something that would look right at home next the pretty solid MOS costume--which again, demonstrates that a couple of well placed lines can make all the difference. The MOS suit isn't perfect, and isn't superior to the classic costume, but they were smart about how they used their embellishment, and as such they managed to solve three of the classic "problems" (if you see them that way) with bringing the Superman suit to screen--the trunks, the sweater-sleeves, and the old-fashioned collar.

Jim Lee tried to solve these problems, too. the collar and the trunk problems he failed on. The sweater sleeve problem he actually succeeded on, though--the little pentagonal shields on the wrists are pretty clever.

__________________
  • Days of Future Past is a game changer, positioning the X-Men films to overcome past mistakes and explore fresh, bold territory. PS: Now let's fix Cyclops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #105
Afrobean
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 148
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
New 52 Capullo fabric suit is a big yes
New 52 Lee space age suit is a big no
I recall hearing that they actually used latex to achieve the metallic texture for the Man of Steel suit.

I'm expecting something similar for Batman, albeit with a unique texture. It probably won't look like "fabric". It may not have "plates" like The Dark Knight, but it won't be simple fabric either.

Afrobean is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #106
D.P.
Dead Presidents.
 
D.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicagotham
Posts: 2,254
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Saint, Regwec,

Yea, the YJ suits are pretty flawless. Today I learned what a Nehru collar is.

So Wolverine is essentially wearing the latest Tron suit without the light up gimmick?

__________________
POLITICS AS USUAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
To me, Man of Steel just felt to me like Snyder and Goyer tried to make Superman look less, and simple next to Batman, like yeah Superman is good, he's cool, but not as interesting as Batman.
D.P. is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #107
Wise
Watchtower Janitor
 
Wise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,747
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
My opinion, from day one, has been that the Young Justice design pretty much the gold standard in terms of a modernization of the Batman costume.

Yeah, the truth is we're just talking about a couple of scribbles on the classic costume. However, when you compare it to Jim Lee's New 52 mess, you can see how a couple of scribbles can make a huge difference.

The New 52 outfit just like like random, unnecessary embellishment. While it has been drawn well by certain artists, in general Lee's lines are pretty much junk.

The lines on the YJ costume complement the body and the design of the costume subtly. This is something that would look right at home next the pretty solid MOS costume--which again, demonstrates that a couple of well placed lines can make all the difference. The MOS suit isn't perfect, and isn't superior to the classic costume, but they were smart about how they used their embellishment, and as such they managed to solve three of the classic "problems" (if you see them that way) with bringing the Superman suit to screen--the trunks, the sweater-sleeves, and the old-fashioned collar.

Jim Lee tried to solve these problems, too. the collar and the trunk problems he failed on. The sweater sleeve problem he actually succeeded on, though--the little pentagonal shields on the wrists are pretty clever.
If you remove the trunks and modernise the belt the YJ suit is very similar to the New 52 suit.

I'd be happy with a combination of either of these.

Wise is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #108
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,171
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
It's hard to tell. The busy-ness is very reminiscent of the TDK(R) suit, and it almost looks like the infamous puzzle-pieces have found a new home on Wolverine's pants.

Goodness, HJ is beginning to look old...
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe they purposely aged him because this movie (at least part of it) is set sometime in the future. In The Wolverine that came out this year, HJ looked quite young and vigorous.

hafizbat is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #109
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 21,862
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
If you remove the trunks and modernise the belt the YJ suit is very similar to the New 52 suit.
Not really. The New 52 suit has a lot of superfluous details and stylings that are meaningless, and its belt has taken us back to the age old problem of a ton of tiny pouches that could each barely contain a contact lens.

It is inferior to the "Incorporated" suit that preceded it, or the classic suit that preceded that. I would still accept it as an improvement on the busy rubber monochrome messes seen in the Nolan movies, but it is very far from perfect.

__________________
Feel like using the word "hyperbole"? Better check what it means!

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

.
Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #110
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 21,862
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe they purposely aged him because this movie (at least part of it) is set sometime in the future. In The Wolverine that came out this year, HJ looked quite young and vigorous.
I don't know, and don't follow Marvel stuff. It just struck me that he seems to be turning into Bernard Hill in that picture.

__________________
Feel like using the word "hyperbole"? Better check what it means!

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

.
Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #111
lujho
Side-Kick
 
lujho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4,620
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
See Wolverine's new suit? That's the type of material I'd like for the Batsuit minus the armor parts. Now that would be incredibly sick.

Interesting, but too many non-fabric elements. I want the main or only (visible) non fabric element on Bats' bodysuit to be the chest emblem.

lujho is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #112
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,171
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I don't know, and don't follow Marvel stuff. It just struck me that he seems to be turning into Bernard Hill in that picture.
This is him in 2013.

hafizbat is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #113
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,171
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

I like the mesh material of the suit, but I agree, the plasticky armor parts I'm not a fan of. Why does Wolverine need armor anyways lol.

He should wear the classic costume they made him in a deleted scene..

hafizbat is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #114
regwec
Shakespearo
 
regwec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Herne's Oak
Posts: 21,862
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

^
That looks pretty sweet.

__________________
Feel like using the word "hyperbole"? Better check what it means!

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

.
Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #115
Casval
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 136
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Why does Wolverine need armor anyways lol.
Maybe because his healing factor isn't as strong as it used to be.

Casval is online now  
Old 12-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #116
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,552
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
See Wolverine's new suit? That's the type of material I'd like for the Batsuit minus the armor parts. Now that would be incredibly sick.

It kinda reminds me of the TDK/TDKR suit underneath the plastic plates. Maybe even the Tron: Legacy suits.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #117
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,770
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casval View Post
Maybe because his healing factor isn't as strong as it used to be.
Because you can't be as effective in battle if you're healing from severe wounds.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #118
Bathead
The Oldest Geek
 
Bathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sumwear in Pencilvainya
Posts: 4,614
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casval View Post
Maybe because his healing factor isn't as strong as it used to be.
Or, being severely wounded stills hurts like hell. I don't recall anyone ever saying Wolvie's healing power eliminates pain.

__________________
Little fly upon the wall,
Ain't you got no friends at all?
Wanna see God?
*splat*
Bathead is online now  
Old 12-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #119
Saint
The Devil's Robot
 
Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 12,728
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I like the mesh material of the suit, but I agree, the plasticky armor parts I'm not a fan of. Why does Wolverine need armor anyways lol.

He should wear the classic costume they made him in a deleted scene..
Whoa. I never saw the Wolverine, somebody give me some context on this.

__________________
  • Days of Future Past is a game changer, positioning the X-Men films to overcome past mistakes and explore fresh, bold territory. PS: Now let's fix Cyclops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #120
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,171
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

No, but he is the kind of tough guy that doesn't shy away from it.

hafizbat is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #121
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,171
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Saint, they made him his classic costume that can be seen in a deleted scene. It was originally going to be part of the movie (he gets it at the end for his future movies). If they have another solo with the same director, it's quite possible we may see Jackman in it.

hafizbat is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #122
Charlatan
Side-Kick
 
Charlatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 773
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

So when does everyone think we will get our first look at the new suit? Jan? Feb? Surely they will have some stills before someone gets a badly lit spy photo won't they?

Charlatan is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #123
Wise
Watchtower Janitor
 
Wise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,747
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
So when does everyone think we will get our first look at the new suit? Jan? Feb? Surely they will have some stills before someone gets a badly lit spy photo won't they?
If I remember correctly the Dark Knight and Man of Steel suits were released as stills before principal photography started. So I'd expect a promo still of the Batsuit sometime in late Jan.

It'd be sick if they showed a promo shot of all three actors in costume, posed appropriately.

I wonder if they'll unveil the official title before pics.


Wise is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #124
djindodbi
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 32
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
It's hard to tell. The busy-ness is very reminiscent of the TDK(R) suit, and it almost looks like the infamous puzzle-pieces have found a new home on Wolverine's pants.

Goodness, HJ is beginning to look old...
They made him look older on purpose for the "Future" scenes. He is aging pretty well in real life.

djindodbi is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #125
Vaibow
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 361
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 9

off topic, but Jackman really needs to wear the suit soon, before it becomes just another action film - i'm getting tired of watching die hard with claws, i wanna see Wolverine!

Vaibow is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.