The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #751
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I love Agent May and her no-nonsense attitude. That show has enough people for the writers to pen lame snark. Strong and silent is better. By rights May should be kicking the **** out of everyone on her Bus, starting with Coulson for filling it with teenybopper morons in the first place.

Over on the AOS forum I said that none of the newbies deserves to be in an MCU film, but I'd support using some of them as Ultron-fodder. Just line 'em up and mow 'em down. I'd even promise to fake some tears if that would fool Joss into thinking someone actually cares whether his little cupcakes live or die.
Thats harsh. lol

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 12-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #752
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

SHIELD seems to bring out the toxic hatred, yes.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #753
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I'd love to see some of the agents in A2. That'd be really neat.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 12-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #754
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
I love Agent May and her no-nonsense attitude. That show has enough people for the writers to pen lame snark. Strong and silent is better. By rights May should be kicking the **** out of everyone on her Bus, starting with Coulson for filling it with teenybopper morons in the first place.

Over on the AOS forum I said that none of the newbies deserves to be in an MCU film, but I'd support using some of them as Ultron-fodder. Just line 'em up and mow 'em down. I'd even promise to fake some tears if that would fool Joss into thinking someone actually cares whether his little cupcakes live or die.
Hey this post is kinda wonderful lol.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #755
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

That's what's annoying. The no-nonsense attitude isn't believable. It's too hard, too over the top. The whole badass thing is pushed too far. I mean, I'd like to see her come against the black widow. When May was fighting the ghost guy, I was rooting for him.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #756
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
That's what's annoying. The no-nonsense attitude isn't believable. It's too hard, too over the top. The whole badass thing is pushed too far. I mean, I'd like to see her come against the black widow. When May was fighting the ghost guy, I was rooting for him.
I thought they explained her attitude pretty well. She was more bubbly like Skye up until the cavalry incident. After that, she closed off everyone and was more distant.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #757
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I actually like all the characters on the show, I'd love for FitzSimmons to show up in A2 maybe make some silly gadget that like falls apart when they're demonstrating it to the team because they're so awestruck.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #758
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:

LMAO.

I'll just say that I never WANTED Agents of SHIELD to suck the way that it has, but well, I guess Marvel was due up for a turd sooner or later.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #759
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

FitzSimmons actually turned out to be the most likeable characters. Who wouldve thought

Old 12-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #760
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
FitzSimmons actually turned out to be the most likeable characters. Who wouldve thought
Nerds rule!

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #761
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I thought they explained her attitude pretty well. She was more bubbly like Skye up until the cavalry incident. After that, she closed off everyone and was more distant.
It's too much of a sort of archetype to be believable for me. I see a forced badass, not a damaged badass.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #762
Ant-manic
Banned User

realistically, SHIELD would be full of bad@sses. i mean what makes these folks more qualified than civilians or law enforcement?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #763
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
realistically, SHIELD would be full of bad@sses. i mean what makes these folks more qualified than civilians or law enforcement?
their fashion sense

Old 12-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #764
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
Seriously. When I watch a show like Strike Back, I think to myself, if I'm ever being held hostage by international terrorists, I want THESE guys to come rescue me. But the agents of SHIELD? Pfft, I'll take my chances on my own. Getting rescued by those hacks would be an embarrassment.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #765
Loki882
Side-Kick

Except that actual intelligence agencies don't just have "badasses" working for them and to claim that they do is just incorrect. Are there badasses, absolutely. But there's also scientists, tech guys, people who actually listen to chatter and gather intelligence, translators, psychologists, and the support people who work back at the offices in the US. there's a diverse group of people who work in these agencies with a wide variety of skill sets. Not everyone who works at the CIA is Jack Bauer or Black Widow for example, some of them are more like Q from James Bond or even Fitz and Simmons.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #766
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I've enjoyed AOS. It's not Whedon's usual fair, he's had to tone things down as it's more of a family drama, still we've seen two sets of characters having sex on the show, so it's not exactly a kiddie show. They've also introduced some other characters from the larger Marvel Universe, that wouldn't see the light of day in the movies.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #767
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Except that actual intelligence agencies don't just have "badasses" working for them and to claim that they do is just incorrect. Are there badasses, absolutely. But there's also scientists, tech guys, people who actually listen to chatter and gather intelligence, translators, psychologists, and the support people who work back at the offices in the US. there's a diverse group of people who work in these agencies with a wide variety of skill sets. Not everyone who works at the CIA is Jack Bauer or Black Widow for example, some of them are more like Q from James Bond or even Fitz and Simmons.
That's true. The problem with SHIELD though is that they don't come off all that smart either.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #768
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Sex occurs in everything these days. It's hardly an adult thing any more

Old 12-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #769
Loki882
Side-Kick

How it really is and how it's perceived by a large audience are not necessarily the same thing.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #770
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Link for what?
For Crossbones' actor saying he'd be back

Old 12-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #771
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
LMAO.

I'll just say that I never WANTED Agents of SHIELD to suck the way that it has, but well, I guess Marvel was due up for a turd sooner or later.
I definitely don't want AOS to suck but it does at least half the time. Even its best episodes have ridiculous crap in them. Those of us who are fans of it sometimes have to just roll our eyes and pass over glaringly bad writing in order to enjoy it.

When I watch AOS I feel like the mother of an ugly baby. I know I'm supposed to love it but damn if I can look it in the face without wincing. The only hope is that it's a Neville Longbottom that will blossom into a hottie in its second season. Sadly it looks more like a Ron Weasley, doomed to grow even homelier as it ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I agree. When I read the character descriptions before the season I was certain that FitzSimmons with their cutesy prefab "shipper" nickname would be my least-favorite characters. I've been surprised at how much I like the Science Twins. They have just the right amount of geeky quirkiness most of the time. There have been some bad moments with them due to bad writing but overall they work.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #772
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Xeno I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be. At this point you're just going into the show looking for the mistakes instead of enjoying it.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #773
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
I definitely don't want AOS to suck but it does at least half the time. Even its best episodes have ridiculous crap in them. Those of us who are fans of it sometimes have to just roll our eyes and pass over glaringly bad writing in order to enjoy it.

When I watch AOS I feel like the mother of an ugly baby. I know I'm supposed to love it but damn if I can look it in the face without wincing. The only hope is that it's a Neville Longbottom that will blossom into a hottie in its second season. Sadly it looks more like a Ron Weasley, doomed to grow even homelier as it ages.

I agree. When I read the character descriptions before the season I was certain that FitzSimmons with their cutesy prefab "shipper" nickname would be my least-favorite characters. I've been surprised at how much I like the Science Twins. They have just the right amount of geeky quirkiness most of the time. There have been some bad moments with them due to bad writing but overall they work.
Well, Ron Weasley got married to Emma "Ms. beautiful and intelligent" Watson, so I'd say that he's doing pretty well for himself.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #774
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
so how does that explain Skye?

Old 12-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #775
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Xeno I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be. At this point you're just going into the show looking for the mistakes instead of enjoying it.
I dunno, I can't really find fault with most of xeno's gripes. While I'm still watching and kinda enjoy the show despite it's glaring flaws, I'd rather enjoy the show because, well, it's a fantastic show.

Closed Thread