The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #26
green

Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Where is the proof that he would do a comicbook movie?
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/165...his-kids.jhtml
Quote:
If anyone was born to play a superhero, it's Brad Pitt, thanks to his chiseled good looks and generally hunky demeanor. So, in his new flick, "Megamind," out Friday (November 5), Pitt suited up as Metro Man, archnemesis to the evil Megamind (voiced by Will Ferrell). Unfortunately for the mothers of the world who will get dragged to theaters this weekend, Pitt is only a hero in animation.

"Do you want to wear the costume, really?" he wondered to MTV News at the flick's New York premiere, where we caught up with all of the film's stars. "One of the dreams is not having to put on makeup or put on wardrobe. It's not a bad gig. It's pretty easy."

For years, Pitt has been the go-to Hollywood stud, and it's almost surprising that it took this long to get him in tights. And, he said he can't recall any other times he has been linked, even in rumors, to a superhero role.

So, why was "Megamind" the perfect way for him to stretch his superhero muscles?

"It's my kids; try and score some points with my kids," he said of his six children with Angelina Jolie. "You're a dad: Dads are square. But, also, this one's got Jeffrey Katzenberg behind it, and Will Ferrell's really big in our house, and Jonah Hill's the next coming. What more do you need?"

And, if his small army of children isn't impressed by his A-list movie career, what does impress the Jolie-Pitt crew? "It's bribery. It's candy. Really!" he explained, adding what works for him: "Just a little caress."
He'd do it.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #27
The Guard
Side-Kick

Why would Brad Pitt not be a good choice for Luthor again?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 12-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #28
Rorschach2012
$

I've been wanting him as Aquaman since I saw Troy. He'd bring a lot to that character.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #29
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

I don't know why you guys think Brad Pitt would be so unlikely. He's done Troy, Mr. and Mrs. Smith and WWZ. He's not my choice or anything but unlike DDL or Dicaprio he hasn't said he wouldn't.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #30
regwec
Shakespearo

I find him acutely boring.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 12-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #31
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Okay at least somebody gave me an article. I still don't think he's going to be playing Lex Luthor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I find him acutely boring.
Same. I think he is fine in certain roles but I'm not a fan.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #32
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm the exact opposite. I tend to like any movie he's in just a little bit better, solely because he's in it.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #33
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Quote:
Where is the proof that he would do a comicbook movie?
There isn't any (other than the MegaMind thing, if that counts). But there's equally no proof that Phoenix would do a comic book movie either.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #34
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I'm the exact opposite. I tend to like any movie he's in just a little bit better, solely because he's in it.
Yeah, I've been a fan of Pitt for many years. I don't know that he'd be right for Luthor, but I've always found him to be a hell of an actor.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #35
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Same

Old 12-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
There isn't any (other than the MegaMind thing, if that counts). But there's equally no proof that Phoenix would do a comic book movie either.
Who said their was proof that Phoenix would do it? WB is obviously interested in him though, what he decides to do is anyone's guess. Bring me even a rumor from a semi legit source that WB are trying to woo Pitt into playing Lex Luthor.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #37
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

It just seems like WB's is going after A listers for the role of Lex. As they should be. Plus Phoenix is being looked at. That is the only reason I hoping they look at actors like McConaghey, Pitt, Gyllenaall and Denzel if Phoenix doesn't take the role. Whether or not actors of this caliber would consider taking on the role is another matter.

However, Phoenix, McConaghey, Pitt, Gyllenhaal, and Denzel have all played roles in movies that were probably less exciting and enticing than potentially stealing the show as a baddie like Lex Luthor in a big time blockbuster film like the Batman/Superman movie. They can also potentially be paid a nice % of what the film makes overall on top of their base pay. If it just comes down to an attitude of a CBM film being "beneath them" than whatever. That is their loss on a potentially big pay day.

Last edited by NoLaNitE007; 12-20-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #38
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Nolanite pretty much sums it up. If Phoenix isn't interested, then I expect WB to continue to target A-listers. That doesn't necessarily mean that they would target Pitt. And since Snyder said in an interview that his idea of Lex is some sort of cross between Richard Branson and Brad Pitt, it's not too big of a stretch to think that they might pursue him.

/waits for someone to respond with a "Oh, well maybe they'll make an offer to Richard Branson" joke.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #39
charl_huntress
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Nolanite pretty much sums it up. If Phoenix isn't interested, then I expect WB to continue to target A-listers. That doesn't necessarily mean that they would target Pitt. And since Snyder said in an interview that his idea of Lex is some sort of cross between Richard Branson and Brad Pitt, it's not too big of a stretch to think that they might pursue him.

/waits for someone to respond with a "Oh, well maybe they'll make an offer to Richard Branson" joke.
Did he really say that? That's an interesting mixture to say the least. lol...I hope JP takes the role, but if he doesn't I'll be just as curious to see Snyder's second choice.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Yeah he did:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/06/18...t-combination/

Old 12-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #41
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:

Yes. I mean the report did say WB's/Snyder have wanted a "slam dunk" type of actor to be cast as the main antagonist from the beginning.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #42
charl_huntress

Quote:
Thanks! Again, I'd love for JP to take it, but I think they probably got a good no. 2 lined up if he doesn't.

*crosses fingers*

Old 12-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #43
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Yeah. Like I said before, if Phoenix passes and we end up with someone really underwhelming, that's going to be such a letdown at this point. And yes, I know that no matter WHO is cast, someone will be let down, but some of the other names we've been throwing around here (McConaughey, Pitt) would be pretty exciting. Of course, I'm also open to SOME actors who are more popular from TV, like Damian Lewis.

But if this turns into another Jared Harris situation, it's going to f***ing suck.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #44
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Wait let me get this straight. So WB has a list of A-list actors they want and there are people here who think they'd offer it to Phoenix before Brad Pitt? Brad Pitt is their back-up choice despite being a much bigger star? Whatever you say...

Old 12-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #45
charl_huntress

I don't know if Pitt is a back up, but he may not have been the first choice for other reasons.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #46
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Get Stephen Lang. Game ovah!

Old 12-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #47
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

No. Stephen Lang is Cable. And Deathstroke.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #48
NoLaNitE007
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wait let me get this straight. So WB has a list of A-list actors they want and there are people here who think they'd offer it to Phoenix before Brad Pitt? Brad Pitt is their back-up choice despite being a much bigger star? Whatever you say...

Nobody knows yet Spidey. At least nobody knows who the backups to Phoenix are in here. If someone does know, than they are not saying. We are just speculating that if Phoenix does not take the role. Other A listers will most likely be considered.

The report stated that WB's/Snyder have wanted a "slam dunk" type of actor for the main villain role all along. There are other A listers besides Phoenix that they would look at.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #49
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

We are getting an A-lister like we got in 1978 and 2006.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #50
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
I don't know why you guys think Brad Pitt would be so unlikely. He's done Troy, Mr. and Mrs. Smith and WWZ. He's not my choice or anything but unlike DDL or Dicaprio he hasn't said he wouldn't.
Dicaprio never said he wouldn't, at least I don't think so

Closed Thread