The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #926
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

he's getting too nuts to defend...even a broken clock is right twice a day and it doesn't matter how many things he's gotten right...hell some of my speculations have turned out right but that doesn't mean I start writing fan fic

Old 12-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #927
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I'm off the Loki D bandwagon, it's different stuff almost everytime now. It'd be a totally different story if it was like one paragraph of stuff but c'mon now.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #928
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Like brain regrowth? All this crazy talk. He'd need another entire film to make any of his theories work lmao. Like IM3 happened I don't think it was all a misremembrance by Tony and his mind being controlled? None of that was ever alluded to an you can't just bring him back in A2 like oh I'm super nuts now, when we just saw him correct his personal problems no?

Idk insanity lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #929
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

What is the Triskelion? SHIELD headquarter and "half" prison too?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #930
eddy
Side-Kick

Haven't been on the MCU related forums in a while. LokiD is still around lol?

I only came on here to ask, has anyone heard anything about a super bowl trailer for this? I think it'd be a missed opportunity if there isn't one but then again we are talking about Disney. The studio that wasted millions of dollars on Lone Ranger and John Carter ads.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #931
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post

I only came on here to ask, has anyone heard anything about a super bowl trailer for this? I think it'd be a missed opportunity if there isn't one but then again we are talking about Disney. The studio that wasted millions of dollars on Lone Ranger and John Carter ads.
There'll likely be one but I'm getting the feeling it'll be similar to the IM3 one this past year, where it was only a 30-second teaser with a link to the full-length one.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #932
TeeKay
Side-Kick

So Baron Von Strucker will appear in A: AOU. Any ideas how this could relate to this film since he is one of the main leaders of HYDRA whom Cap fought against in the first film?

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #933
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Alexander P = Baron VOn Strucker

Old 12-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #934
eddy
Side-Kick

But they're looking for a new actor for the role so that can't be him. Alex P=Red Skull.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #935
Loki882
Side-Kick

Alexander Pierce=General Alexander Lukin.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #936
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Alex P = Alex P. No one's gonna see that coming.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #937
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
What is the Triskelion? SHIELD headquarter and "half" prison too?
Yes, that's what it is. It's only in the Ultimate Marvelverse though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
So Baron Von Strucker will appear in A: AOU. Any ideas how this could relate to this film since he is one of the main leaders of HYDRA whom Cap fought against in the first film?
It's been known quite some time that HYDRA is in Cap 2 and has infiltrated SHIELD.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:21 AM   #938
Just_Human
Side-Kick

CROFL I doubt this is true
But if it is don't click on the link (spoilers)

But really I dont think it's going to happen

http://theculturednerd.com/2013/07/p...inter-soldier/

Old 12-21-2013, 03:25 AM   #939
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

That's from back in the summer. Hasbro just reused the Fury mold.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 12-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #940
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Hard to believe July was 5 months ago >.<

Old 12-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #941
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

If von Strucker is the leader of HYDRA, I wonder what this means for Alexander Pierce? There's always a chance that the casting call is a red herring, of course...

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 12-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #942
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

If the Von Strucker rumors prove true, I strongly doubt he'll turn out to be a disguise for Pierce, since Redford's work on this movie is already in the can and they have yet to cast anyone for the Baron's role in AOU. Yes, the HYDRA storyline would obviously carry over from CATWS to AOU, but Von Strucker will have no presence in CATWS at all, beyond an offscreen reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

WWII Von Strucker hasn't been shown to exist in the MCU yet, except in a very non-canonical movie tie-in video game.

In any event, the AOU Von Strucker won't be a WWII-era holdover --- we've got too many of those already, and they're not going to clutter this up with even *more* anti-aging miracles. Modern Von Strucker is advertised in his late 40s, early 50s. His grandfather might have fought Captain America, but not this guy.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #943
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Yes, but now he goes by "TRM".

New name ..... same old gas bag.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 12-21-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #944
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Watch out, you're treading on someones precious "speculation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I picture him in a room with a bed and a mirror and the wall paper torn off and just scribbles on every surface
This might be one of the funniest things I've ever read on here ..... and probably one of the most true things as well!

Old 12-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #945
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Alexander Pierce=General Alexander Lukin.
Yeah, I said that months ago. Lukin was a major player in the Winter Soldier saga so he should show up in the film version. Alexander Pierce would be the logical alter ego for him.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #946
TRM
Banned User

If Lukin is in the Pierce body that still brings up the question of how he got there.

I can't see it being another rubber mask or whatever and having him rip off a mask and reveal himself to be Red Skull or Lukin. I do think he could be either one. He has to pretend to be Pierce to infiltrate Shield, and he has to do it well. People can't know Pierce has changed before it's too late. It could be difficult to fool those who know real Pierce's personality unless he's been using the Pierce persona since arriving at Shield.

That brings me back to my crazy theories about mind transfers and cloned brains of people, which Zola has done in the comics.
The replacement Pierce has to be able to evade most detection.
Scarlett witch once figured out that Pierce had been replaced with a double because she could read his mind, it happened in the Triskellion.

A lot of my crazy theories are attempts to explain how some of the science behind things works. And i have to admit I did almost fall over laughing when I saw that pic up there. It's semi-true because I do have maps of branching character arcs and timelines drawn up on my desk. As the writers have said they looked at many different concepts for the Mandarin character going way back. As we get closer to Ant Man, more and more potential paths and deviations for the way characters' backstories, the pseudo-science/science aspects and certain aspects of their personal histories, and how backgrounds and timelines can differ, are crossed off. A certain framework does have to connect everything, although the framework allows for things to change and makes it extremely hard for anyone who's seen only concept work to figure things out.

The writers said there isn't anything that has been seeded that they don't at least intend to follow up on... So things like why an image of the universe flashes by as Killian is showing us the live feed of his brain interests me. It tells me things are already connected in ways we don't know, even if the Killian brain/universe thing isn't one of them.

If there's one thing to take away it's that whatever they've got planned as the project with "Trevor's" return is going to be very revealing. And could explain why we saw the Captain America-like tattoo on him in the early trailers for Im3, after many crazy reveals in CA2. I would place Trevor or Killian as one of the people who is likely to be on Hydra and Ultron's side, and not Abomination. I doubt we'll see abomination again soon, Leader is another story.

Last edited by TRM; 12-21-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #947
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM View Post
As we get closer to Ant Man, more and more potential paths and deviations for the way characters' backstories, the pseudo-science/science aspects and certain aspects of their personal histories, and how backgrounds and timelines can differ, are crossed off. A certain framework does have to connect everything, although the framework allows for things to change and makes it extremely hard for anyone who's seen only concept work to figure things out.
You haven't seen the concept work and all you're doing with this explanation is leaving yourself a disguised reason for being wrong about your zany theories.

Fanfic .... nothing more, nothing less.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #948
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Yeah, I said that months ago. Lukin was a major player in the Winter Soldier saga so he should show up in the film version. Alexander Pierce would be the logical alter ego for him.
I wouldn't bet on a Russian connection. Yeah, it'd be a great homage to Brubaker and canon and all that if Pierce is Lukin, but there's absolutely nothing pointing towards a Russian connection in this movie at all, beyond Natasha, of course --- and she's as all-American now as the girl next door.

Pierce is undoubtedly HYDRA, but it's a question of how exactly, and who exactly. I suppose they could say Lukin's HYDRA, but beyond that, I don't see him showing up in the film.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #949
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I wonder..some have speculated over at the Avengers sequel thread that one possible post-credit scene option for THIS film could involve having all of the Avengers reunite so that they're already an team at the start of the Avengers sequel as oppose to the film spending several minutes to get them together like the first one did.

I wonder if that's even a possibility...and if it was, how would people feel about that to serve as the Post-Credit scene for this film? It would certainly make sense considering that everyone's said on how this film has the biggest ties going into A2.

And with SHIELD being corrupted and being potentially broken down from within, it would make sense that Steve might contact the remaining Avengers and unite with them.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #950
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I wonder..some have speculated over at the Avengers sequel thread that one possible post-credit scene option for THIS film could involve having all of the Avengers reunite so that they're already an team at the start of the Avengers sequel as oppose to the film spending several minutes to get them together like the first one did.

I wonder if that's even a possibility...and if it was, how would people feel about that to serve as the Post-Credit scene for this film? It would certainly make sense considering that everyone's said on how this film has the biggest ties going into A2.

And with SHIELD being corrupted and being potentially broken down from within, it would make sense that Steve might contact the remaining Avengers and unite with them.
Post-credit scenes usually run less than a minute long. So if they can reassemble the team in that time, surely they can do it just as well in the A2?

I don't see why it'd take a long time, anyway. At the end of the last movie, they all parted on good terms, and pairs of them have even kept in touch. You can start the movie simply with the Avengers already being back with the explanation that Stark called them all over.

Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 12-22-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Closed Thread