The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 12-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #26
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Snyder already confirmed there's going to be a physical altercation didn't he?
Yes he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That's not the same case here. On a physical confrontation alone, Superman should/would be able to wipe the floor with Batman, but in doing so... would hurt "Batman's image" to fans and the general audience.

And on the other hand, Batman could win if he just had Kryptonite and place Superman in some type of scenario/location that would aid him in his victory... but then that would hurt Superman as well and have people dub him as Batman's *****.

There's just no conceivable way that I can think of that you could even have a skirmish between them, even if the fight is left without a victor, without making one of them look bad.

Heck, look how much flake Superman gets just for the destruction of Metropolis despite the fact that it was mainly, if not all, Zod's fault.
To be honest, a part of me is ok and would prefer the idea of Superman beating Batman especially for those immature internet-trolling "sophisticated" Nolanite Batfans that AngryJoe calls "Too young and too dumb" in this video which is relevant to this thread.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Some would even say that due to The Dark Knight Returns, Superman's popularity got damaged. I think it's time for some payback.

Besides, David Goyer even acknowledged that Batman can't beat Superman so really is there any point in doing this?

That is unless he cheats by seducing Wonder Woman to fight his battle for him.

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #27
shallbecomeabat
Yes, father...

I want a fight between them. A short one, to be sure, but I want a fight. Its too much fun, when handled right. Like the quick scene in Hush maybe.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #28
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I love Batman. Really and truly... But I would love to see Superman just curb stomp Batman, especially if they give him every advantage possible. Cuz... That is how it would be, near perfect mind or body be damned. The only reason Batman is still living and breathing is because Superman is there to handle the threats he could never have a hope of handling. Just saying

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #29
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If anything, this film should show that Batman can really hold his own against foes with super powers...but to an extent of course.

He shouldn't be portrayed as the invincible "Bat-God" that we've seen portrayed in every DC Animation up to date.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #30
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I love Batman. Really and truly... But I would love to see Superman just curb stomp Batman, especially if they give him every advantage possible. Cuz... That is how it would be, near perfect mind or body be damned. The only reason Batman is still living and breathing is because Superman is there to handle the threats he could never have a hope of handling. Just saying
Exactly. Also, if Batman beats Superman, what sort of message does that send to more powerful enemies that not even Superman has barely beaten e.g. Darkseid? If anything, it's gonna cause more problems for the Dark Knight.

Please check out my Power Rangers Movie Fan Trailers!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #31
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Exactly. Also, if Batman beats Superman, what sort of message does that send to more powerful enemies that not even Superman has barely beaten e.g. Darkseid? If anything, it's gonna cause more problems for the Dark Knight.
Not to mention that it'll only make Batman look more popular than Superman in the eyes of the General public, which will also undoubtedly lead to people dubbing Superman as Batman's ***** as well.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #32
Juha Bach
Side-Kick

I want them to fight too. This movie can be used as a myth buster of some sought. Because its getting out of hand with some batman fans who think batman can beat superman when that has never happened in comic book cannon.
I would have superman go into this battle holding back. Batman showcases his insane intellect and battle strategies that gives superman a run for his money. Superman decides that the only way the battle ends is if he goes all out.They dont have to have him stomp the **** out of batman. A speed blitz and a jab to the chest that sends Bruce flying should be enough(am assuming that batman will have a TDKR type of suit otherwise he would be liquified) to show batman just how large the difference in their strength is. You can have superman praise him for making him fight seriously even if its for short while. I think in such an instance or anything similar, neither batman or superman will be dehyped.

Juha Bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #33
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

They'll start on shaky grounds, they'll fight and then team up towards the end and be on the road to becoming best buds.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #34
sf2
Side-Kick

I think the complaints will thru the roof if there is no fight between them.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #35
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juha Bach View Post
I want them to fight too. This movie can be used as a myth buster of some sought. Because its getting out of hand with some batman fans who think batman can beat superman when that has never happened in comic book cannon.
I would have superman go into this battle holding back. Batman showcases his insane intellect and battle strategies that gives superman a run for his money. Superman decides that the only way the battle ends is if he goes all out.They dont have to have him stomp the **** out of batman. A speed blitz and a jab to the chest that sends Bruce flying should be enough(am assuming that batman will have a TDKR type of suit otherwise he would be liquified) to show batman just how large the difference in their strength is. You can have superman praise him for making him fight seriously even if its for short while. I think in such an instance or anything similar, neither batman or superman will be dehyped.
I'd love it if Superman was being clobbered by Batman (because of either the convenient K or some conditions arranged by Batman) and Superman just threw Batman in the air like a doll..and gently caught him before he hit the ground. The exchanges can then be more verbal and pyschological afterward, since Batman knows he will never take on Supes without reason.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #36
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick

Zack Snyder on who would win in a fight between Superman and Batman.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by WinterAssassinR; 12-24-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Typo
WinterAssassinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #37
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Both Snyder and Goyer are on the record that Supes would when that fight.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #38
kguillou
Side-Kick

Man, I want Batman to go all out in this fight. I imagine Superman will be holding back and sort of be like, "Dude, seriously? What're you doing?" while Batman is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him. I want to see all of batman's gadgets in full play here.

kguillou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #39
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Yeah. I really liked Cavill's WTH face when he got hit by those bullets. It'd be like having a rubber band snap on your skin. It doesn't hurt much, but it's a genuine surprise.

Superman should look at him like he's crazy, and only "snap" to prove a point.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #40
MoeIsBetter
Newbie First Class

I think we'll see Batman figure out Supes weakness in Kyrptonite. Batman will not get into a physical altercation with Superman, not unless he knew he had a winning hand.

MoeIsBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #41
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Man, I want Batman to go all out in this fight. I imagine Superman will be holding back and sort of be like, "Dude, seriously? What're you doing?" while Batman is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him. I want to see all of batman's gadgets in full play here.
That will make him look pathetic. It would remind of this scene from Watchmen.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The world's smartest man poses no more of a threat to me than does its smartest termite.

Just have Batman use weapons that overloads Superman's senses, and then have his Batwing blast him through a few walls or cars, like those jets did to Nam-Ek. Then Have Superman recover and knock Batman back into a wall. That should be it. Game over. You brought your best, it effected me, I recovered, I won. You can even put in there that Batman was holding back, maybe he had a weapon(like kryptonite) that would have allowed him to win, but he didn't use it. And we know Superman would be holding back, so it establishes that they both didn't go all out like they could.

Last edited by Masone; 12-24-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #42
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I want a robosuit and gauntlets against Superman. BUT only against Supes. It should be smashed and broken up, revealing the true costume of Bats.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #43
kguillou
Side-Kick

I just want a scene like this:

Superman: Look, um, "Catman" or whatever you call yourself, did you really think you could beat me using those stupid toys?

Batman (badly beaten): *panting* No, I didn't. That's why I brought my woman.

Superman: Wait, your woman--?

(Wonder woman comes in and knocks supes away with a powerful kick)

Wonder Woman: First name WONDER, Blue Boy.

Yes, I know I need mental help.

kguillou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #44
Marvin
Side-Kick

I don't envy these producers. They can't do anything bold without first considering all the butthurt they have to accommodate for. I didn't appreciate it till this year. More than any other of these cbms.
Snyder would have so much more fun on thor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I really hope it doesn't happen. I like Bat Zeus more than anyone but on film? No, thanks.

Superman would obliterate Batman. I don't care what convoluted explanation they come up with but I sincerely hope they avoid doing that because no ridiculous reasoning will get me to accept that fight.
It's ok if Lex or the various other non powered or lesser powered villains superman encounters get him on the ropes but Batman of all people.
No Beuno.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #45
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I think it's because it's been twenty five years and Batman is just STARTING to look like his modern comic-book counterpart. Supes too, for that matter.

And also because Marvel Studios makes mostly good movies, though the ones they don't own the rights to (Sony/Fox/) tend to be hit and miss.

Combine that with the reactionary quality of WB forming a plan, and I say, we have a right to be concerned.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #46
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

I think something along these lines would be perfect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFIgvH2s5mk

Old 12-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #47
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I hope Batman kicks Superman's ass!!!!!!!

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #48
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
I think something along these lines would be perfect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFIgvH2s5mk
Indeed!

Old 12-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #49
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I hope Batman kicks Superman's ass!!!!!!!

I hope Supes throws him into the sun.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #50
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Or snaps his neck.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote