The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 12-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #101
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

I would think that the idea of weight classes and such determining opponents and how they would fare against one another in a martial arts tournament is wholly irrelevant in this situation. Competitors are expecting their opponent to attempt to attack them in one way or another and can react appropriately. My point is that Superman was wholly unprepared in this situation, he did not expect Batman to make a move against him. I'm not saying Batman would beat the crap outta Supes, but he would able to get at least the one toss in. There's no Bat-god here, just one human with large cojones and excellent martial skills, and an alien relying on his reputation about his super powers to intimidate the unintimidatable. Any competent warrior will tell you the best attack is a surprise attack, even against a superior foe.

*splat*

Last edited by Bathead; 12-25-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #102
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

How can Batman possibly even match Superman anyways? I have a feeling there will be some scene. Because...as many Batman fans argue, "Batman can beat anyone...because he's Batman. he's a genius." So are there any limits to this guy? And people say that Superman is boring because he has no limits.

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #103
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Batman survives, that's his schtick. Like how Superman does the impossible.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #104
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
How can Batman possibly even match Superman anyways? I have a feeling there will be some scene. Because...as many Batman fans argue, "Batman can beat anyone...because he's Batman. he's a genius." So are there any limits to this guy? And people say that Superman is boring because he has no limits.
Batman gets a pass because he's a representation of human strength. I think that's why there are people who are rabid (and trollish) about him. They don't want to think that he HAS limits, because they don't want to think that humanity itself can't do anything.

Superman having an alien origin causes many people to instantly brush him off, even if he's more average in terms of human interaction.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #105
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Batman gets a pass because he's a representation of human strength. I think that's why there are people who are rabid (and trollish) about him. They don't want to think that he HAS limits, because they don't want to think that humanity itself can't do anything.

Superman having an alien origin causes many people to instantly brush him off, even if he's more average in terms of human interaction.
That's precisely what I'm arguing about. I mean even Superman. He could win over him in a fight? If I were to think critically, Iron Man vs Batman, I'm not a huge fan of these characters, but I think Iron Man could win. I don't see how Batman can have the strength, even though he does have strength, I still don't find it realistic that he could survive, or be fast enough to fight something that is stronger than a human. He's fought Captain America, not as strong as Superman. He fought Bane, but I always found his battle with Bane to be physically accurate and logical. As we've seen him take the beat from Bane. I do think Batman is intelligent enough to take down Spider-Man. I know there was a video on Youtube on Iron Man vs. Batman, and Batman one. In the end, the average results said because Batman is smarter. They are both geniuses. I think Tony Stark might be slightly smarter though. Unless he was drunk, then maybe, sure, Batman could take him down. But if he's sober and conscience, I don't see how Batman would be fast enough to run away from Iron Man's bullets or gadgets. Things that are stronger can beat geniuses, even if Batman is smarter than Tony Stark. Iron Man's weapons can destroy Batman. People need to stop using Batman's genius as an excuse. Same goes with Iron Man as well. Doesn't anyone get tired of them? I'll add, both of these characters are my...how should I say...are my "too perfect" stereotypes as other people commonly use to describe Superman. Geniuses, wealthy, toys, all the women, fancy cars, business men. To make this short, let me just talk about Batman...I like Batman, but Bruce Wayne, I find him interesting, except that he's a genius, wealthy, has a butler, all the women and toys...that's every guy's dream. Not a particular original concept. I find Superman's double identities to be more interesting because he has every man qualities. He's not rich as Clark Kent, or has all the women he wants in the world, and cars. He's just a regular guy in glasses. I find him more relatable. A reporter, likes football, the country, and Lois, hangs out with Jimmy. Then there's Superman. But Bruce Wayne just seems like the next guy in the room. What I do find interesting about Bruce Wayne however, are his flaws. His lack of emotion. His ability to get along with others, and socialize. I love this aspect about the character. He's flawed, but on the other hand, to make his double identity more interesting, Bob Kane thinks, "Bruce Wayne, okay...a genius....billionaire....that sounds great!" Richie Rich...Green Hornet, and then Iron Man also. There were more before Batman.

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #106
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

THIS.

Thank you, Coco. This post is a Christmas Miracle.

We've come to a point where people actually think someone is insulting Batman by saying what he actually is. He's a goddamned human. And people say that's his appeal, but then they expect him to do anything and everything and beat anyone. He can't be a representation of a skilled human and an invincible cosmic hero at the same time. Bloody pick one!

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #107
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Just reading a troll thread on ComicVine:
http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005...perman-659984/

1. Hes more believable (because a person without superpowers and an unrealistic secret identity fighting crime every night and not sustaining lifelong injuries or dying is plausible, as opposed to an alien who could blend in with normal people easily. Sure Wayne is a master of disguise, but usually uses his business persona.)

2. Doesnt have any superpowers whatsoever and still manages to get the job done.

3. Stronger willed. (As opposed to someone who's constantly restraining himself while trying to be a good mentor and fight injustice everywhere)

4. Cooler costume. (They'e basically the same in comics. The only really different things are the colors and the fact that Batman wears a mask)

5. Batman is fallible in different ways because he has no powers and not just 'kriptonyte'. (He just said that. And that's also a sentence fragment.)

6. Bruce Wayne=pimp, Clark Kent=nerd (Superman take ages to get a chick, Batman seconds) (And this is a positive value, why?)

7. Batman is smarter. (Depends on the writer.)

8. A better leader. (Yeah, I trust a man who puts the lives of children in danger above a symbol of hope.)

9. Better looking. (Many artists depict Wayne's face as being essentially a clone of Superman's.)

10. Batman uses fear as a weapon, whereas when we see Superman, we almost want to laugh. (He must not have been looking at the panels of a rage-filled Superman with disturbing red eyes piercing the shadows)

11. Batman= Dark Knight, Superman=Boyscouteasons why Batman is cooler than Superman.

12. Better movie franchise (Yeah, Batman is kind of lucky in that regard.)

13. Better looking (Already said that, and I find Clark more visually striking.)

14. Batman has all those cool gadgets. (The Bond appeal strikes back)

15. The Car (is barely seen in the comics I've read.)

16. Better fighter (he has to be, he's human)

17. Better tactician (Superman usually faces bigger threats that demand he confront them instantly, he doesn't have time to plan things out like Batman, generally speaking.)

18. Gotham is cooler than Metropolis (Yeah, I agree.)

19. Better Villains (sure)

20. Batman is tortured and complex and has a motivation. Superman is too damn good, becuase he decide to be to damn good. (So it's simplistic to rise above base human desires and seek out creating good, not just for oneself, but for others?)

21. Batman: The Animated Series is better that Superman: The Animated Series
(But hey, the creators cared for Batman more. Is it any wonder that there's a bit of a quality difference?)

22. Batman can beat pretty much anyone, with some prep time, with his mind or fists, Superman has to rely on his powers most of the time. (The writer celebrates Batman overcoming almost everyone, but thinks it's a crutch for someone with superpowers to actually USE them.)

23. Batman can solve the most difficult of puzzles and can hack into computers with ease, Superman can barely solve the daily crossword puzzle in the newspaper. (Okay, that's just trolling)

24. You can sing his theme song and is epic, NANANANANANANA BATMAN, NANANANANA BAAAATMAAAN, BAAAATMAAAAN, BAAAATMAAAAN, i dont belive you can do that with Superman theme song. (I think the JW Superman theme is actually TOO iconic. People act like it's canon; a part of the source material and must be included in all movies. Though wouldn't mind if it was.)

25. HE IS THE DARKNESS, THE IS THE NIGHT, HE IS THE GD BATMAN!!!!

I won't lie..that's a great quote.

It's like people think the appeal in Batman is being damaged, but won't allow Superman to become that way (not that I think he should, mind you).

Old 12-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #108
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ Good grief. Comic vine. What a place.

But I bet those kinds of thoughts are common. It seems that many Superman detractors don't even bother to learn anything about him at all and judge him based on the false or little knowledge they have. It's fine to prefer one over the other, but at least give both a chance.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #109
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
^ Good grief. Comic vine. What a place.

But I bet those kinds of thoughts are common. It seems that many Superman detractors don't even bother to learn anything about him at all and judge him based on the false or little knowledge they have. It's fine to prefer one over the other, but at least give both a chance.
I at least have some respect for the people who say, I read some comics and prefer Batman, as opposed to those who just judge from the movies (and even cartoons, which are generally made by people who also prefer the character of Batman.)

Old 12-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #110
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ Sometimes it seems like they didn't even watch the movies. Sometimes it's like they have never acknowledged any Superman material EVER because Batman is and will always be better.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #111
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I don't get why it has to be so versus focused and so black and white. Superman might be my personal favorite superhero for many reasons, but that doesn't mean I don't absolutely love Batman too. They are both different and similar – and both are fantastic characters in my book.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #112
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ It doesn't have to be. I love both too, although Superman is my favorite. But Batman got me started on superheros and CBMs. I'm just tired of the rabid claims that Batman can do it all and still be better than Supes because he's human and easy to relate to. He can't be absolutely inhumanly perfect and interesting and flawed at the same time. And I'm tired of being jumped on for suggesting that he is what he is: a flawed, very skilled, human character with limitations.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #113
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

I kinda do want a bit of a fight, but I don't want a winner. I respect both characters but do learn more towards Superman as the better. If they do fight....I hope it's more just them just rough housing one another and it ends pretty much equal, you know. Keepsost happy that yeah they sorta fought bit keeps that little mystery of who would actually win alive.....at least for a few more years (cause we all know Superman could sneeze and it's all over for Batman lol)

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #114
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I don't get why it has to be so versus focused and so black and white. Superman might be my personal favorite superhero for many reasons, but that doesn't mean I don't absolutely love Batman too. They are both different and similar and both are fantastic characters in my book.
I can't decide which one is my favorite. Depends on my mood, really
But the older I get, the more I like Superman.

Goshdarn Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #115
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Despite appearances, I don't think one character is "better" than the other, I simply have a preference for Batman. The producers of this movie have a huge unenviable task before them, creating a movie that pleases fans of both heroes, all the while telling a good story. That can't be easy.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #116
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ There's nothing wrong with preferring Batman. I have nothing against it. There are many sane and reasonable Batfans out there. And Supes fans can be weirdos too.

And I don't think Batman needs to be Bat-God to take on Superman. It's all about how he goes about doing it. If he fights a full-strength Supes and wins, that's Bat-God. But Superman has a human-like brain and emotions. Bats can use that. He can get under Superman's skin. Superman also seems to want companionship and/or allies since he's had very little of both in his life. He might be inclined to trust Batman more than he should and divulge information Batman can use.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #117
Charlatan
Side-Kick

there are ways to beat Supes. If enough preparation is made and you can set the environment. you don't even have to have Kryptonite. but if you do and can dictate the terms of the fight and have the element of surprise then it's not hard at all.
We've seen endless ways in the books.

Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #118
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Perhaps in some way crazy bat fans (not all) think Batman is something attainable, while there is no way in their wildest dreams can they be Superman.

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #119
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
there are ways to beat Supes. If enough preparation is made and you can set the environment. you don't even have to have Kryptonite. but if you do and can dictate the terms of the fight and have the element of surprise then it's not hard at all.
We've seen endless ways in the books.
so basically everything has to work out perfectly for Batsie and a miracle for him to win. Gotcha!.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #120
MrsKent26
Whatever.

The circumstances will have to be thoroughly thought-out for Batman, that's for sure. And if anything goes awry, it's trouble.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #121
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

How is Batman so powerful that he can control the environment? People keep talking about Batman beating Superman up but has Supes ever beatup Bats?

Old 12-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #122
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Perhaps in some way crazy bat fans (not all) think Batman is something attainable, while there is no way in their wildest dreams can they be Superman.

99.9% of us on here will never be a playboy billionaires. However we can become a humble,friendly journalist.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #123
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

It's more likely that a normal human being can become a billionaire more than an alien with super strength who can fly.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #124
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
It's more likely that a normal human being can become a billionaire more than an alien with super strength who can fly.
But you're still more likely to get hit by lightning in a science lab and become the Flash, than you are to become a billionaire in this economy.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #125
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
But you're still more likely to get hit by lightning in a science lab and become the Flash, than you are to become a billionaire in this economy.
This isn't about the freakin Flash for crying out loud, this is about why so many people seem to find Batman more relatable than Superman. A billionaire playboy is a reality, they are real. Orphans are also real; orphaned aliens from planets that have exploded who can fly are not. I have no clear cut reason why so many people prefer Bats; maybe it's just because he has a cool car IDK.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El