The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #501
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread - Part 1

Sengoku Basara does better in north America then DW. heck the fact they have an anime English dubbed series also .... But yeah that's pretty much the deal with Dw up here. I think some part of Europe like Dw. some. Not all

Old 12-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #502
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I'm not really surprised, since these games are all about a period and area in history most Westerners know squat about. I'm told they sell very well in Hong Kong, which is hardly surprising, given the focus.

They did try to get Europeans with Bladestorm.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #503
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

Bladestorm was actually my first exposure to the genre. I have a friend who used to be all about these games, got all of them plus whatever expansion came out. Did that up to Dynasty Warriors 6, I think. Or 7 maybe. I don't know how anybody could keep with those games for so long without a break.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 12-23-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #504
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I played some of the Dynasty Warriors games, and the Samurai Warriors titles. It was nice to finally be able to pronounce some of the characters' names.

Apparently the English dub really butchers the Chinese names in Dynasty Warriors.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #505
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I'm not really surprised, since these games are all about a period and area in history most Westerners know squat about. I'm told they sell very well in Hong Kong, which is hardly surprising, given the focus.

They did try to get Europeans with Bladestorm.
oh it's not the time period , it's game play that's always been the issue and the fact the enemy AI responds to your character coming to attack them in the worst way. which has always been the issue in dw's life span. They walk up and then they stand looking at you as I said waiting for you to beat them down. That was north America's turn off point with it.

Last edited by zenith16; 12-23-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #506
Soapy
It's happening again...

I got A Link Between Worlds for Xmas, and I'm really digging it so far. I'm not sure if it says more about me or the franchise, but it's actually the first Zelda I've played since Wind Waker.

Off-topic: I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game or any of its spin-offs or any similar games. Should I play one at some point?

Old 12-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #507
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

If you can find one in the bargain bin for 5 bucks, you get what you pay for.

So, maybe. You might actually enjoy it. The real problem is that the games don't really evolve much - if at all.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:39 PM   #508
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I'm playing the Wind Waker HD remake. They made it a lot more enjoyable to play. The Wind Waker and other items are mapped to the D-Pad so you don't have to go into the inventory all the time and map them to XYR. There's a Swift Sail that makes sailing faster. The figurine side quest isn't a pain in the ass now either. You can get the Delux Pictobox earlier and store up to 12 images and the guy will work on 12 at a time. You can also share them with Tingle Bottles to the Miiverse. If you find them in game, you can save them and use them. Very useful for missable pictures (like bosses) or ones that are hard to get.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #509
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

Looks like Zelda Musou game will come out in Japan August 14th. The NA and EU release dates probably won't be far beyond. Scans are out there somewhere, apparently Impa is shown in them.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #510
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

I figured we'd get a fall release on that game.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #511
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Apparently the story involves a witch as an antagonist.

Oh and Impa is present, and presumably playable.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #512
zenith16
Side-Kick

Hyrule Warriors Hits Japan On August 14th

. May 20, 2014 . 5:08amHyrule Warriors, Tecmo Koei’s Warriors game set in the Legend of Zelda universe, has a release date in Japan.

Quote:

Hyrule Warriors, Tecmo Koei’s Warriors game set in the Legend of Zelda universe, has a release date in Japan. This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine reports that the game will be released on August 14th.

Hyrule Warriors is in development for the Wii U. We’ll have more details as they’re made available.

and

Team Ninja Is Working On Hyrule Warriors

. May 20, 2014 . 6:41amTeam Ninja’s Yosuke Hayashi is serving as one of two producers on Hyrule Warriors.

Quote:

This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine shares a few more details on Hyrule Warriors that we weren’t privy to before. For starters, the game is being developed by both Omega Force (the studio behind most of the Warriors games) and Team Ninja.

Hisashi Koinuma and Yosuke Hayasahi are serving as producers on the game, with Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma supervising the project. Whether Team Ninja’s role is any greater than Hayashi’s involvement remains to be seen.

Details on the game’s story are scant, but it involves Zelda being kidnapped by a witch named Shea, following which Link sets off to rescue her.

Hyrule Warriors will be released in Japan on August 14th. We’ll have more details as they are made available.
via the latter article siliconera
source: Hokanko

Old 05-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #513
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

There's apparently several playable character shown in the magazine, including a few original characters.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #514
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Good to know Nintendo is giving them some license. Given who's making it, I think we can expect a lot of characters.

So far Impa has been confirmed, but a few brand new characters have already been spotted on the internet.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #515
zenith16
Side-Kick

Impa Is A Playable Character In Hyrule Warriors. May 21, 2014 . 8:30am

This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine also reports that Hyrule Warriors will have a 2-player mode.

Quote:

Hyrule Warriors will have a 2-player mode, this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine reports. One player will play on the television screen, while another will use the Wii U GamePad.

The game will also implement a system whereby equipping characters with different weapons will change the way they fight. Certain weapons, like one-handed swords, will focus on speed, while heavier weapons will prioritize damage instead. The game will also include a weapon upgrade system, and some sort of character progression.

In addition to Link, one of the game’s confirmed playable characters is Impa, who leads the Elite Guard. Impa fights using a long sword. Famitsu says a number of characters will be playable in the game.

Additionally, Famitsu reports that The Legend of Zelda’s Z-targeting feature is in the game, too, and it will allow you to both dodge as well as target weak spots on enemies. You’ll also have access to the Spin Attack, along with bombs, which will have uses beyond just tossing at enemies.

Hyrule Warriors is currently 70% of the way through development, and will be playable at E3. While it doesn’t have a release date in the West yet, Japan will see the game on August 14th. A premium box version will come with a clock shaped like the Triforce and codes for 6 special costumes.

Source: Famitsu, Sinobi
source:Siliconera

Old 05-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #516
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Anyone else distracted by the cleavage?

You can tell Team Ninja is working on this.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #517
zenith16
Side-Kick

hehe ok so I'm only putting some of these images up intro wise, if you want to see more head to this article it's self.

Hyrule Warriors Screenshots Shows Link, Impa, And Shia The Black Witch . May 22, 2014 . 3:20am

Hyrule Warriors, a crossover between Tecmo Koei’s Dynasty Warriors series and The Legend of Zelda, has at least two playable characters. Link fights with a one-handed sword and Impa from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword uses a heavy sword.

Quote:

Hyrule Warriors, a crossover between Tecmo Koei’s Dynasty Warriors series and The Legend of Zelda, has at least two playable characters. Link fights with a one-handed sword and Impa from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword uses a heavy sword.

Players will fight on Hyrule Plains and in Lanayru Valley to rescue Zelda from Shia the Black Witch. Screenshots of Valga and Wizro, two other antagonists in Hyrule Warriors, are below too.
Link
Impa
Shia
Valga
Wizro

Hyrule Plains

Lanayru Valley

Last edited by zenith16; 05-22-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #518
zenith16
Side-Kick

Also there's this

Hyrule Warriors Will Have Downloadable Content . May 22, 2014 . 8:30am

Tecmo Koei’s official website for Hyrule Warriors includes a “DLC” section.

Quote:
Hyrule Warriors will have downloadable content, the game’s Japanese website reveals.

Tecmo Koei have erected an official site for the game in Japan, and it includes a “DLC” section that isn’t yet open.

Just what form downloadable content will take in the game remains to be seen, but we do know that the premium box edition of the game in Japan will come with codes for six special costumes, so costume DLC is already more or less confirmed.

and this

Nintendo And Tecmo Koei Discuss How Hyrule Warriors Came To Be. May 22, 2014 . 1:35am

This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine has a lot to share about Tecmo Koei and Nintendo’s upcoming collaboration, Hyrule Warriors.

Quote:

This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine has a lot to share about Tecmo Koei and Nintendo’s upcoming collaboration, Hyrule Warriors. The game, known as “Zelda Musou” in Japan, is part of Tecmo Koei’s Warriors series of games, which employ the concept of a single character doing battle against dozens of enemies as once.

In Japan, the Warriors—or “Musou” games, as they’re referred to there—encompass a wide range of franchises, ranging from Tecmo Koei’s own Dynasty Warriors to collaborations with other companies, such as One Piece: Pirate Warriors or Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. This week’s Famitsu features an interview with three key developers working on Hyrule Warriors, including Eiji Aonuma, known for directing and producing several Zelda games.

Aonuma, who is currently taking on the role of Hyrule Warriors’ supervisor, is joined by general producer Hisashi Koinuma and producer Yosuke Hayashi, both from Tecmo Koei. Famitsu starts out the interview by expressing their surprise upon first hearing about a collaboration between The Legend of Zelda and the Warriors series. They ask how it all began.

Warriors has teamed up with series such as Gundam, Fist of the North Star and One Piece, and I thought about doing something with Nintendo,” explains Koinuma. “While thinking about what would make for a good collaboration, it was Hayashi that proposed [the idea] by saying, ‘Wouldn’t it be interesting to do a collaboration with The Legend of Zelda?’”

Koinuma explains that it was from there that they eventually spoke with Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto from Nintendo, who agreed on the collaboration to create Hyrule Warriors.

“This presentation was actually from several years ago, when they showed us One Piece: Pirate Warriors,” says Aonuma. “At first, when they said that One Piece would become a Warriors [game], I wondered, ‘How will that turn out?’ but once I actually played it, I felt that they did a good job of implementing the Warriors system.”

“So, it sparked my interest when I thought: ‘I wonder what a collaboration with The Legend of Zelda would be like.’ Shortly afterwards, Miyamoto told me, ‘The folks at Tecmo Koei are talking about a Zelda Musou. Are you interested?’ and I responded with ‘definitely!’”

Famitsu mentions that it seems like Nintendo were being very forward-looking about the entire affair

“Yes, given Tecmo Koei and their ability to plan things out, along with many other titles they’ve shaped into the form of a Warriors game, when thinking about how The Legend of Zelda could be reborn [in such a way], we had far more expectations than uncertainties.”

Next, they ask Tecmo Koei how they decided on a Zelda collaboration, when considering the numerous titles Nintendo have.

“With Koinuma and myself included, we have many fans of The Legend of Zelda in our company, and that would be the ultimate reason,” replies Hayashi. “The basic fights in The Legend of Zelda series involve one-on-one fights, so ‘having over 100 enemies like the Musou games would surely make things interesting,’ was something we discussed among the staff.”

“You can say that luck also played a role,” adds Koinuma. “The title that our company wanted to do a Musou game collaboration with the most just so happened to be the one title that the folks at Nintendo said ‘we can entrust them with this one’ to, so we were both able to come to an agreement regarding The Legend of Zelda.”

Hyrule Warriors will be released on August 14, 2014 for Wii U in Japan. The West will be getting it at a later date.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #519
Soapy
It's happening again...

Wizro looks cool.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:48 PM   #520
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I'm curious as to what Ganondorf and Zelda will look like.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #521
zenith16
Side-Kick

Hyrule Warriors Is Part Of Aonuma’s Plan To Break Away From Zelda Traditions. May 22, 2014 . 5:32pm

Hyrule Warriors ties into Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma’s comments about breaking away from the traditions the series has stuck to all these years.

Quote:

In an interview with the game’s developers, this week’s Famitsu discussed how Hyrule Warriors came to be. In the same interview, The Legend of Zelda series producer and Tecmo Koei producers Hisashi Koinuma and Yosuke Hayashi also talked about working together, from teams to ideas, for the upcoming game.

During the interview Hayashi explains that the staff of Team Ninja, known for their work on the Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden games, are working on Hyrule Warriors, but that certain members have been specially selected to be part of the development team.

According to Koinuma, both the game and the development team constitute a collaboration of sorts. For example, the main programmer on Hyrule Warriors is a staff member from Team Ninja, while the main planner served the same role in Omega Force’s development of One Piece: Pirate Warriors. Meanwhile, the director has a background in the Dynasty Warriors series.

When Famitsu asks if this makes it the first time that Team Ninja and Omega Force have worked together on the development of a game, Hayashi explains that it is, and it’s something they’ve wanted to do for a while, but never had the chance to.

“When it comes to getting a good feeling out of beating down enemies, Omega Force, who develop the Dynasty Warriors games, would surely have an edge in that department,” says Koinuma. “However, as far as one-to-one combat goes, I felt that that Team Ninja, who worked on the Dead or Alive series, could also come up with something good. So, we just decided ‘let’s just mix them together!’”

Famitsu asks if Tecmo Koei had any trouble working with an IP such as The Legend of Zelda, in terms of what they could and couldn’t do.

“When we first began working on the plans [for the game], there were many things that we couldn’t decide on from within our company alone, so we often went to Nintendo and also consulted with Aonuma for the more detailed parts,” explains Hayashi. “As this process went on, we were able to see a fine line between what we could and couldn’t do with Hyrule Warriors.”

“It got to the point where we and Aonuma reached a common understanding of what we could do with Hyrule Warriors, and from there, development really really sped up.”

Aonuma also mentions that this ties in with his earlier words, when he expressed his desire to change the mindset of having The Legend of Zelda stick to its traditional roots. For this reason, he felt that Hyrule Warriors would make things interesting.

The Legend of Zelda has a history of 27 years, and the way it is played has already been well-established,” says Hayashi. “So at first, we went in the direction of wanting to make something that could follow the way The Legend of Zelda is played.”

“However, that is something you could experience by playing any game of The Legend of Zelda series, and even if we could imitate the surface of it, it’s not something we could actually make. In the end, we realized that it would be best to make a Warriors title that has elements from The Legend of Zelda series.”

Aonuma adds, “There wouldn’t be a reason for making it a Warriors [game]otherwise, right? I wanted Tecmo Koei to make a Zelda game that I can’t make. And for this reason, I asked them to ‘give it more of a Warriors approach’.”

Hyrule Warriors will be released on August 14, 2014 for Wii U in Japan and later on in the West. Note that this game isn’t the next mainline title in the Legend of Zelda series, so Aonuma’s comment about breaking away from Zelda tradition isn’t limited to this game.
source: Siliconera

Old 05-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #522
zenith16
Side-Kick

Fromover the weekend.

Hyrule Warriors Developers Share More Interesting Tidbits On The Game. May 23, 2014 . 5:35pm

The Hyrule Warriors developers share a few more tidbits in a Famitsu magazine interview.

Quote:

Nintendo and Tecmo Koei had quite a lot to share this week on their upcoming collaboration, Hyrule Warriors. Amidst talking about how the game came to be, and the subject of breaking away from Zelda traditions, the Hyrule Warriors developers shared a few more tidbits in a Famitsu magazine interview.

Two of Tecmo Koei’s popular series, the Warriors games and the Dead or Alive games, both games that have a wide range of characters to choose from. Famitsu asked about whether we’ll see a similar selection in Hyrule Warriors.

General producer Hisashi Koinuma agreed that the Warriors games’ main appeal is partly the action and partly the vast amount of playable characters.

“Out of all the playable characters [in Hyrule Warriors], there are some surprising characters that made us say ‘why did you pick this one?!’” added Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma.

When asked whether Aonuma had any requests for certain characters to be in the game, he responded by saying that he didn’t, and that Tecmo Koei took care of most of that. He also joked that Hyrule Warriors has so many characters, that his own staff would get mad at him if he were to ask them to do something similar.
During the interview, the developers also talked about weapon selection for the characters. According to Hyrule Warriors producer Yosuke Hayashi, characters can change their weapons and have a completely different fighting style. Since it’s a Warriors game, he also revealed that there will be weapon enhancement and character growth systems implemented in the game.

While on the subject of weapons, the Fire Rod-type item seen in the trailer might seem like something out of The Legend of Zelda, but Aonuma confirmed that it isn’t from the series, and that if a rod like that existed in The Legend of Zelda, we wouldn’t be able to use it in the same way.

Similar to other Zelda games, weapons and other important in Hyrule Warriors are acquired through treasure chests. Hayashi also said that the iconic treasure chest opening animation has been prepared for all of the playable characters.

“This is actually a very valuable scene [in The Legend of Zelda]. And this also applies to Hyrule Warriors,” emphasized Aonuma.

Hayashi also touched a bit on the game’s boss fights. According to the producer, The Legend of Zelda games have very high-quality boss fights, and if Tecmo Koei were to try emulating something similar, they wouldn’t stand a chance.

Instead, they’re giving the boss fights a Warriors touch, by having instances where you’ll face a bunch of smaller enemies to charge up your meter, then unleash a special attack on the boss. There will also be more Zelda-like features, such as strategically using items that can be found around stages to take on the boss.

Finally, the three developers shared a message each for fans anticipating the game.
Koinuma: “We plan on having Hyrule Warriors’ first playable demo at E3 this year. With E3 being the opener, we’ll be releasing more and more new information afterwards, so please look forward to it!”

Hayashi: “After watching the trailer that will be shown at E3, it would make us happy to know that you guys will get a better idea of what we’re trying to do. We’ll sequentially reveal the other playable characters, so don’t miss it!”

Aonuma: “I believe it’s safe to say that this title was born as one of the answers from thinking of a new The Legend of Zelda game. By all means, we’d love to have as many people possible enjoy this game.”

Hyrule Warriors will be released on August 14, 2014 for Wii U in Japan and later on in the West.
and from today

Collect Rupees To Upgrade Weapons In Hyrule Warriors. May 26, 2014 . 11:31am

Nintendo of America have shared a few additional details on Hyrule Warriors.

Quote:

Nintendo of America have shared a few additional details on Hyrule Warriors. As previously reported, one of the areas in the game is Hyrule Field, and Nintendo said in a press release it will constitute the very first stage of the game.

New characters with their own moves and weapons will be unlocked by advancing through the game’s story. Along the way, you’ll also collect Rupees and “other useful items” that can be used to upgrade weapons and craft badges that are used to bolster the abilities of each character.

Nintendo say that “most of the stages” in the game will bear a close resemblance to the Dynasty Warriors series, which sounds like there will be other stages that might be different. No details have been provided on this front, though.

Hyrule Warriors will be released in Japan on August 14th. The game doesn’t have a release date in North America and Europe yet.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #523
zenith16
Side-Kick

The Legend of Zelda On Wii U Will Have An Open World. June 10, 2014 . 9:26am

The Legend of Zelda for Wii U will be an open-world game.

Quote:
The new Legend of Zelda game for Wii U will feature a vast open world for players to explore. The game’s world will be inter-connected. Here’s a look at a screenshot of the world and of Link. The game is scheduled for a 2015 release.

and
Princess Zelda and Midna To Be Playable In Hyrule Warriors. June 10, 2014 . 10:20am

Hisashi Koinuma and Yosuke Hayashi of Tecmo Koei, along with Eiji Aonuma, shared the latest on Hyrule Warriors during Nintendo’s E3 event today.

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Hisashi Koinuma and Yosuke Hayashi of Tecmo Koei, along with Eiji Aonuma shared the latest on Hyrule Warriors during Nintendo’s E3 digital event, where they revealed the latest on the upcoming Zelda hack-and-slash.

After talking about two player mode being played on the screen and GamePad, the developers revealed that the game will feature many other guest characters, such as Midna from The Legend of Zelda: Twlight Princess and Princess Zelda, herself.

According to Koinuma, if there’s any character you like from the Legend of Zelda series, they’ll likely be in Hyrule Warriors.

Hyrule Warriors will be released on September 26, 2014 for Wii U.

source: Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 06-10-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #524
zenith16
Side-Kick

well no one can claim this press is helpless any more in as they did for most of the franchise be side smash Bro's. Peach your next. . I wanted to see her with a bow and arrow like in the captain N Days. but this will be cool

Old 06-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #525
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter: SlackBrian

H.E.
Closed Thread