The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #101
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
There's a big difference between WW killing a rampaging monster in the heat of battle, or her (and Superman in MOS) having to make a split second decision to kill a superpowered psychopath when there's no other option and countless live or at stake, and what happened in that POS pilot, where she kills some random security guard.
1. As far as we know, that security guard wasn't evil. He was just a regular guy doing his job.
2. She didn't need to kill him. She could have hit him in the hand, or the arm, or the leg. But apparently she thought his throat was an easier target to hit than his limbs.
Which is exactly why I thought it was excessive. That couldn't have been the only way to get rid of him. It wasn't a situation like Superman and Zod in MOS - at all.

She could've used her lasso and roped him, or even used her tiara as a boomerang to stun him. She could even have thrown that pipe with less force and at a different body part (I don't remember if he was holding a gun or not, but she could've just knocked the gun out of his hand with the pipe if he was). But she deliberately aimed for him neck and speared him with the pipe like she was doing javelin practice.

Sure she is a warrior, but she should also know when the situation warrants such extreme measures. If neither Superman nor Batman choose to kill in this movie, and WW resorts to drastic killing in that way, then if there is a dispute over the methods used, maybe the film should be called Superman and Batman vs Wonder Woman.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #102
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
If Batman calls out Superman for killing Zod, perhaps WW can reassure Superman that he did the right thing; he did what any warrior would in battle.
I like that idea.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #103
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Which is exactly why I thought it was excessive. That couldn't have been the only way to get rid of him. It wasn't a situation like Superman and Zod in MOS - at all.

She could've used her lasso and roped him, or even used her tiara as a boomerang to stun him. She could even have thrown that pipe with less force and at a different body part (I don't remember if he was holding a gun or not, but she could've just knocked the gun out of his hand with the pipe if he was). But she deliberately aimed for him neck and speared him with the pipe like she was doing javelin practice.

Sure she is a warrior, but she should also know when the situation warrants such extreme measures. If neither Superman nor Batman choose to kill in this movie, and WW resorts to drastic killing in that way, then if there is a dispute over the methods used, maybe the film should be called Superman and Batman vs Wonder Woman.
Ok, I get it now. I thought that you were saying that she should NEVER kill in the movies under any circumstances because it was done so poorly in the pilot. That was my mistake, sorry.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #104
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
She did have a kopis for a breif monment in one issue.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

And she can materialize twin xiphos from her bracers
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Thanks for posting those. Very cool, though I think I would prefer her armoury to be permanently physical, and to form a part of her costume.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #105
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

I think we see Diana all through the beginning of the film, but only see her as WW in the final battle climax.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #106
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
I think we see Diana all through the beginning of the film, but only see her as WW in the final battle climax.
I second that opinion

Old 12-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #107
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

so should her strength be on par with superman with 100+ tons?

Old 12-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #108
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Just a little bit less but her tactical skills should rival that of Batman and she should definitely take the lead a few times if they ever make a JLA movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 12-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #109
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
I will one hundredth that opinion. I think many of us are guessing that will be the case. I may even go further and suggest she is revealed in her costume at the end, but never see her battle in it even.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #110
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I will one hundredth that opinion. I think many of us are guessing that will be the case. I may even go further and suggest she is revealed in her costume at the end, but never see her battle in it even.
doubtful...you don't put an actress through fight training and weapons training if she isn't going to showcase it on screen.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #111
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Pfft...they better show her in action and in the suit. Nothing else will suffice.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #112
roach
I am the night

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...woman-casting/
The former model and beauty queen who completed her two-year mandatory service in the Israeli Army has already begun a “very serious training regimen” that includes Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords and Jujutsu, she said.

You don't do this unless you are seeing some action.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 12-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #113
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I dunno, I feel like the amount of characters we might see could just be a way to provide exposition before an all out Justice League film. That's why I think of such a possibility. I certainly see her battling in the film, but the FINAL WW costume could be a tease shown at end.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #114
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...woman-casting/
The former model and beauty queen who completed her two-year mandatory service in the Israeli Army has already begun a “very serious training regimen” that includes Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords and Jujutsu, she said.

You don't do this unless you are seeing some action.
I'm not saying she won't fight in the movie. I just wouldn't be surprised to see them hold off on revealing the actual WW costume.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #115
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Thanks for posting those. Very cool, though I think I would prefer her armoury to be permanently physical, and to form a part of her costume.
I don't get it. how is that realistic? the swords just appear out of nowhere? worst movie ever. not gonna see it.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #116
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

She could magically use her bracelets to form the armor over top of her costume

Old 12-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #117
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Actually, the idea of her powers and gear legit breaking the laws of physics sounds awesome to me.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 12-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #118
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
She could magically use her bracelets to form the armor over top of her costume
In the comics when she crosses her bracelets doesn't she create a barrier.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #119
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

She's fighting in this film and she'll be in her Wonder Woman regalia much more than just a 30 second reveal at the very end.

As for her abilities I hope she's decked out with flight, super strength, etc. The works.

Seeing Faora in action made me want to see more female supers. Her moves were more exciting than even Superman's (that's not an insult as I found Supe's fighting to be pretty awesome too). She was flash stepping all over the place and doing the most anime like fighting things, I really hope Diana does the same. It will be so damn awesome to see. We need more of that.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 12-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #120
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
She's fighting in this film and she'll be in her Wonder Woman regalia much more than just a 30 second reveal at the very end.
yup...you don't announce to the world that Wonder Woman will be in a movie to have her come in at the end of the movie.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #121
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I hope she not going to be Bruce Wayne/s love interests, or Kal's for that matter.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #122
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
yup...you don't announce to the world that Wonder Woman will be in a movie to have her come in at the end of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I hope she not going to be Bruce Wayne/s love interests, or Kal's for that matter.
Prepare for your jimmies to be rustled.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #123
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 12-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #124
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
A love interest for Bruce Wayne/Batman is fine, but if they start a love triangle between Wondy/Supes/Lois...ugh. That will immediately make me give the movie a zero. NO lie.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #125
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah. Now that would be so freaking lame.

I'm actually hoping Diana is Wayne's love interest in this. They always make for a really cute couple. Superman and Wonder Woman has never worked for me. Like at all.

Quote:
Closed Thread