The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
There's a big difference between WW killing a rampaging monster in the heat of battle, or her (and Superman in MOS) having to make a split second decision to kill a superpowered psychopath when there's no other option and countless live or at stake, and what happened in that POS pilot, where she kills some random security guard.
1. As far as we know, that security guard wasn't evil. He was just a regular guy doing his job.
2. She didn't need to kill him. She could have hit him in the hand, or the arm, or the leg. But apparently she thought his throat was an easier target to hit than his limbs.
Which is exactly why I thought it was excessive. That couldn't have been the only way to get rid of him. It wasn't a situation like Superman and Zod in MOS - at all.

She could've used her lasso and roped him, or even used her tiara as a boomerang to stun him. She could even have thrown that pipe with less force and at a different body part (I don't remember if he was holding a gun or not, but she could've just knocked the gun out of his hand with the pipe if he was). But she deliberately aimed for him neck and speared him with the pipe like she was doing javelin practice.

Sure she is a warrior, but she should also know when the situation warrants such extreme measures. If neither Superman nor Batman choose to kill in this movie, and WW resorts to drastic killing in that way, then if there is a dispute over the methods used, maybe the film should be called Superman and Batman vs Wonder Woman.