The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #51
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
These are all great pictures but the one of Chris Evans is sheer perfection. I'm still a little in shock that Kevin Feige was able to convince Robert Redford to be in this movie. Redford and Samuel L. Jackson on screen together should be great fun to watch.
He probably told Redford that they were going for a more political-thriller type vibe, and Redford LOVES political thrillers.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #52
coluanprime
Side-Kick

I know the reshoots happened a little while ago but does anyone think that some of what was done in them was so that people/stuff from Agents of Shield could be added in? Stuff like changing "Random person who stands next to Alexander Pierce in Scene 3/4/8 with 4 lines" to Victoria Hand or having people in the background be talking about the rising tide instead of _______ group.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #53
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
He probably told Redford that they were going for a more political-thriller type vibe, and Redford LOVES political thrillers.
Redford or Feige noted in some interview that when he read the script he was reminded of Three Days of the Condor, so definitely the tone of what they were going for appealed to him.

I feel this movie, all the way to my bones. I need it to be April 4. Now.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #54
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
He's trying to out-raccoon Rocket Raccoon.
Actually, its a fairly standard component in military camouflage. Dark paint around the eye sockets helps the disguise the eyes, and render you harder to spot. Granted, this is usually as part of a broader "apply camouflage paint to face" method.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #55
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
You answered your own question. Extra clips for his handgun.

And also hard candies.
Other likely items:

-Binoculars

-Explosives

Old 12-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #56
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Other likely items:

-Binoculars

-Explosives
-Handcuffs

-Cable ties/Zip ties

-Knife/Multi-tool

-Compass

-Iphone

-Avengers/SHIELD ID card

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 12-30-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #57
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Altoids?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #58
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Altoids?
Nah. Steve Rogers' breath is naturally minty-fresh as a permanent side-effect of the Super Soldier Serum.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #59
MysticRain
Side-Kick

At first glance I thought WS wears guyliner, but it is just part of his hobo hair. Which explains why the other eye looks normal.

Ok, so how many times does Cap loses his shield to WS? At the end of the first trailer, WS catches the shield. Does he throw it back because he picks it up again at the end of the extended trailer. Now in this pic WS has the shield which seems to be at a different point of the movie.

Damn, Bucky better be careful with that thing. Last time he was holding the shield, well...

Old 12-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #60
Krystal
Side-Kick

Has there been any hint of the post credits or mid credits scenes? And is 95 days off too soon to think about such?

A tease for A:AoU or GOtG or both or even another comic one or my preferred choice an entirely new hero tease? If the casting is set for such a thing, that is.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #61
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
Has there been any hint of the post credits or mid credits scenes? And is 95 days off too soon to think about such?

A tease for A:AoU or GOtG or both or even another comic one or my preferred choice an entirely new hero tease? If the casting is set for such a thing, that is.
Hmm… even though we're a couple movies away, maybe that's the reason we got Paul Rudd's casting so early. They have time to shoot a tease for Ant-Man.

These are some more Empire scans I found on Tumblr, from user crazy-obsessive-fanboy; needless to say the ones with Robert Redford and Frank Grillo have me excite. Also, I think Scarlet's just looking awesome. She's getting so much flack for her hair/wig, but I actually think the sleek look is the most spy-appropriate hairstyle she's had so far.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:44 AM   #62
Imjenn
Subvisser 32

Quote:
Nah. Steve Rogers' breath is naturally minty-fresh as a permanent side-effect of the Super Soldier Serum.
That made me bust out laughing so hard my dogs jumped

Old 12-31-2013, 01:39 AM   #63
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

It's almost like their way of saying: "Here guys! I finally have my ears visible, are you guys satisfied now?"

Old 12-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #64
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Wow, that looks incredible there.

Also we need better/bigger versions of those scans!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 12-31-2013, 03:51 AM   #65
xeno000
Raining hell from above

The comm unit in Evans' ear is clearly visible which should stop some of the idiotic whining from people who have to be shown every damn detail because they're not smart enough to infer things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

It's almost like their way of saying: "Here guys! I finally have my ears visible, are you guys satisfied now?"

Old 12-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #66
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
The comm unit in Evans' ear is clearly visible which should stop some of the idiotic whining from people who have to be shown every damn detail because they're not smart enough to infer things.
*lol* that's what I was about to say

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 12-31-2013, 07:49 AM   #67
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Hmm… even though we're a couple movies away, maybe that's the reason we got Paul Rudd's casting so early. They have time to shoot a tease for Ant-Man.

These are some more Empire scans I found on Tumblr, from user crazy-obsessive-fanboy; needless to say the ones with Robert Redford and Frank Grillo have me excite. Also, I think Scarlet's just looking awesome. She's getting so much flack for her hair/wig, but I actually think the sleek look is the most spy-appropriate hairstyle she's had so far.

These are fantastic. I agree on Widow's sleek hairstyle.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #68
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Empire Magazine interview with CA: TWS screen writers. Christopher Markus explained how Captain America: The Winter Soldier will give the Super Soldier depth.
Quote:
“What helps us get past the pious Boy Scout that he could turn into is that he doesn't really want to be this guy,” he says. “He would prefer to be Steve Rogers just walking down the street, helping people sometimes.. He felt the call when the War came. He's kind of the still centre and things happen around him and are influenced by him. It's interesting in this movie, for instance, to watch his relationship with Black Widow, who of course has a very different outlook. It can make it difficult with executives who often want arcs. It's very difficult not to sound lazy when you go, 'Well, he doesn't really have an arc'”
Though exact details as to what S.H.I.E.L.D. is up to in Captain America: The Winter Soldier have been kept to a minimum, the latest issue of Empire magazine also reveals that the defense organization will be using surveillance in the form of drones.
Quote:
“What made '70s thrillers interesting is that it was a very complicated time.We were peeling back the curtain with Watergate and realizing how corrupt the system was,” says co-director Anthony Russo. “Now, again with the proliferation of social media, you can blow the whistle on the NSA and it can be round the world in 30 seconds. And we have the morality of drones. It is right to preemptively use them to kill suspected terrorists prior to any sort of trial? So the times we're living in are even more complex.
So I guess we now know who's responsible for Ultron's creation right?

Source: DCMarvelFreshman.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #69
Loki882
Side-Kick

Falcon and Crossbones also look fantastic. If Crossbones reappears in future movies, then I'd really like to see him wear something similar to his comic costume, or at least the mask. I prefer BW with short hair myself (it's more practical which fits her character), but this hairstyle is still really good.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #70
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Empire Magazine interview with CA: TWS screen writers...

Though exact details as to what S.H.I.E.L.D. is up to in Captain America: The Winter Soldier have been kept to a minimum, the latest issue of Empire magazine also reveals that the defense organization will be using surveillance in the form of drones. [I]

Prediction/speculation time. SHIELD uses some of Tony's tech to create Ultron.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #71
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Empire Magazine interview with CA: TWS screen writers. Christopher Markus explained how Captain America: The Winter Soldier will give the Super Soldier depth.

Though exact details as to what S.H.I.E.L.D. is up to in Captain America: The Winter Soldier have been kept to a minimum, the latest issue of Empire magazine also reveals that the defense organization will be using surveillance in the form of drones.

So I guess we now know who's responsible for Ultron's creation right?

Some of us have "known" for a *long* time that SHIELD/HYDRA is responsible for Ultron's creation.

Quote:
Prediction/speculation time. SHIELD uses some of Tony's tech to create Ultron.
The tech probably is older than Tony Stark. My money is still on any combination of Zola and/or Howard Stark creating Ultron's blueprint. And we'll probably see the foreshadowing of that in CATWS. Then, in AOU, Ultron hacks into Tony's new armor (almost inevitably Extremis) and takes it over. With Tony still inside.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 12-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #72
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I don't think Hydra will have anything to do with Ultron's creation, I could be wrong though.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 12-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #73
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:

Could someone manip this image to a clean one without the ads?

Old 12-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #74
Bryn
Side-Kick

Quote:

BEST helmet yet! I think they have the wings perfect ... just everything.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #75
Bryn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, and the whole "government overstepping its bounds" kind of thriller is right up Redford's alley with All The President's Men, and stuff like that. I think this will be a really cool movie.

Closed Thread