The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 01-01-2014, 04:30 PM   #101
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: Freeze breath for mos2:superman/batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddamn Batman View Post
He'll be back as a Black Lantern called Evil Hamilton
He should just come back to explain something that has to with science and then die. When finally asked how he he's able to do it, he'll explain the science of it... and die again.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:30 PM   #102
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

She wowed me

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #103
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
She wowed me
She wowed me as well. I think there is a story to tell about the Kryptonians breaking from their programming and integrating into other societies. Now that they have no leader and no cause, I'm interested to see what some of them will do. Mainly Faora. I would love if she and WW started out as enemies but eventually become close friends. Faora is the definition of an Amazon.

Come to think about it, what is stopping Jax and company from just using the phantom drives in the same fashion Lois and Emil used them in this movie to just return from the Phantom Zone? Didn't everything get swallowed into that black hole, including the two phantom drives?

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #104
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Sometimes I think she should have been the main villain instead of Zod. She was cold, calculating, and she gave definitely gave Superman a run for his money. However, she didn't get to do too much besides throw punches, so I wasn't really invested in her character.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #105
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I liked Zod being the main villain, but yeah she was a great villainess.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #106
bluerayer
The Conqueror

Faora=

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=270244
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #107
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
He should just come back to explain something that has to with science and then die. When finally asked how he he's able to do it, he'll explain the science of it... and die again.

Scientific explanations is his kryptonite.

Superman: "Lois, let's play a trick on Dr Hamilton. Emil, over here! I have a question for you. I've never understood how a toilet works, can you help me?"

Dr Hamilton: "Well, lets see..."

Goshdarn Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #108
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
She wowed me as well. I think there is a story to tell about the Kryptonians breaking from their programming and integrating into other societies. Now that they have no leader and no cause, I'm interested to see what some of them will do. Mainly Faora. I would love if she and WW started out as enemies but eventually become close friends. Faora is the definition of an Amazon.

Come to think about it, what is stopping Jax and company from just using the phantom drives in the same fashion Lois and Emil used them in this movie to just return from the Phantom Zone? Didn't everything get swallowed into that black hole, including the two phantom drives?
I don't think they can break up the programation. Faora born to fight but maybe the complete destruction to his race from Superman and company will led her to get some pay-back. I don't know what way will Faora take.
I guess the Phantom drivers were destroyed by the explosion, maybe not, but I guess they're gonna need a little time to repair those.
Can you imagine some Star Labs or LC scientists trying to communicate with them, I don't know maybe to find out if they were alive or to "research" some things about kryptonians.

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #109
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
So are some people saying the freeze breath is cheesier than the underwear.....?

The freeze breath is the red trunks version of his powers.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #110
Caekzor
Nolanesque

You can't have freeze breath without the trunks. Gotta keep his junk warm.

Caekzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #111
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

1:45:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Zack ''put a cross next to ice breath'' for MOS (and not Nolan as the guy was asking) but that doesn't mean he doesn't have it, he just didn't use it in MOS.

Now you know.

G.Godfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #112
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
I don't think they can break up the programation. Faora born to fight but maybe the complete destruction to his race from Superman and company will led her to get some pay-back. I don't know what way will Faora take.
I guess the Phantom drivers were destroyed by the explosion, maybe not, but I guess they're gonna need a little time to repair those.
Can you imagine some Star Labs or LC scientists trying to communicate with them, I don't know maybe to find out if they were alive or to "research" some things about kryptonians.
The thing I loved about MOS was that the villains had a purpose to the bad things they were doing, to save their race. They were born and bred for that. In Faora's case, she was born and bred to be a soldier, and served in the Kryptonian militia under Zod. But there's no more Krypton, no more hope of bringing Krypton back and no more Zod. She's a soldier without a cause. It is very intriguing the direction they could go in after they have lost[as Zod put it] their souls.

He chose revenge, but the important thing here is that he CHOSE, and there wasn't any underlying cause behind what he was doing at the end, he just wanted to kill things. Because he chose revenge doesn't necessarily mean they all have to seek revenge. In Faora's case, she was born and bred to serve Krypton, but with all that gone, she has to decide to do something else right? Let's say Zod won, killed Superman, destroyed the planet, what was he going to do after that?

Faora seemed to be more calculating and less emotional than Zod. Maybe Faora sees past the revenge and wonders what she would even do if she succeeded and if the revenge would even be worth it. That's what makes it all intriguing to me. I loved the setup with the Kryptonians being bred for a specific purpose, but I want to see them dive deeper into that and show the different paths they could go down once they have lost that purpose. The "After Krypton" life, seems like it would make for a great movie in itself.

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #113
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
1:45:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Zack ''put a cross next to ice breath'' for MOS (and not Nolan as the guy was asking) but that doesn't mean he doesn't have it, he just didn't use it in MOS.

Now you know.

Seems like Snyder's going to add the ice breath in this movie. Just like Luthor and Kryptonite.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #114
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddamn Batman View Post

Scientific explanations is his kryptonite.

Superman: "Lois, let's play a trick on Dr Hamilton. Emil, over here! I have a question for you. I've never understood how a toilet works, can you help me?"

Dr Hamilton: "Well, lets see..."

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #115
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Seems like Snyder's going to add the ice breath in this movie. Just like Luthor and Kryptonite.
That's kind of an odd conclusion to draw. He didn't even hint at that.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #116
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

grounded and reelistic

Old 01-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #117
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
That's kind of an odd conclusion to draw. He didn't even hint at that.
Just what I think. He said that just because it's not in MOS doesn't mean he doesn't have the power/hasn't learned it yet. Then he goes on about it being a similar deal with how Lex and Kryptonite haven't shown up yet, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Since he's including Lex and Kryptonite in this movie, I think he'll also include the ice breath. Seemed like he was hinting at it. Guess we'll see if I'm right come 2015, hm?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #118
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Indeed.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #119
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Indeed.
Would you like to see ice breath in this movie?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:00 PM   #120
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I can take it or leave it.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #121
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Oh, all right.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #122
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Batman: AH HAFF A VILLAN NAHMED MISTAHR FREESH AND YUEH HAFF FREESH BRETH. THAHTH MEANSH WE MUSHT FAHT.

Superman: That doesn't make any s--

Batman: KRYPONAHT BATARANG!

Old 01-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #123
NewYorkSpider
Heart Of Steel

I don't care for freeze breath, but won't get upset if it's used. I'm just glad we got some awesome heat vision in Man Of Steel.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #124
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Batman: AH HAFF A VILLAN NAHMED MISTAHR FREESH AND YUEH HAFF FREESH BRETH. THAHTH MEANSH WE MUSHT FAHT.

Superman: That doesn't make any s--

Batman: KRYPONAHT BATARANG!

There goes that snort laugh of mine again.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #125
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I'm gonna miss that hilarious bat-voice.

(assuming Batfleck doesn't use it of course)