The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #26
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Is that Jim Lee?
Nope, it's Kevin Tsujihara (CEO of WB). Does look like Jim Lee, though.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #27
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #28
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Is that Jim Lee?
The CEO of WB.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:40 PM   #29
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
Peter Georgiou @Peterg_TMT Follow Rumor: I didn't hear this directly, but it's floating around behind the scenes in the industry: @TheRock is up for Jon Stewart. Shrugs.
I don't like this. I hope it's just a rumour, I'd rather see him as Black Adam or Lobo. As John Stewart? eh.............

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-02-2014, 03:46 PM   #30
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

This was considered the most favorable fancast just short of 9 months ago:

Henry Cavill as Superman
Christian Bale as Batman
Emily Blunt as Wonder Woman
Idris Elba as Green Lantern
Ryan Gosling as The Flash

Now looky what we may get:

Henry Cavill as Superman
Ben Affleck as Batman
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
Dwayne Johnson as Green Lantern
Grant Gustin as The Flash

I know, I know Arrow isn't part of the DCCU canon.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #31
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

Yes.....

Old 01-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #32
georgec
Not a hero

^ Makes more sense than Denzel, that's for sure.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #33
Marvin
Side-Kick

@Libido
The latter list I prefer.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #34
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightGambit View Post

Yes.....
Hell yes. I'm really hoping for this to come true now. I love this idea.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #35
Marvin
Side-Kick

Never the biggest fan of Dwayne as a lantern but the Executives would have to be pretty stupid to pass that up.

Just thinking in terms of getting GL out of the gutter alone. Time to cue up my dcOnline trailer.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #36
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't love to see Johnson as Stewart. It would be beyond sick actually.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #37
green

Are there any villains in this movie?
We've heard zero when it comes to who or what these heroes will be facing.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #38
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

I would worry about The Rocks charisma stealing scenes from pretty much anyone in the movie now lol.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 01-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #39
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I can't get onboard with the Rock as GL... That just don't work for me.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #40
Karelia
We Are Groot

One of my favorite actor/wrestler playing one of my favorite heroes? I'm okay with this. I was really down with him playing Lobo, but he'd make a great Stewart as well.

I'm actually hoping he does play Stewart. He really could revive the GL franchise like he has done with his prior movies.

Some of the reasons people have as to why he shouldn't play GL are kinda baffling. (He's too big, he's not black enough, he will ruin the movie, etc.)

Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 01-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #41
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I would be lying if I said I wouldn't love to see Johnson as Stewart. It would be beyond sick actually.
With his star power and natural charisma it could be something great.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #42
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I can't get onboard with the Rock as GL... That just don't work for me.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-02-2014, 04:15 PM   #43
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Re-posting from the previous thread because whenever I post something more than a couple paragraphs long near the end of a long thread it's like it just disappears into the aether:

-----------------------------------------------------------

After re-watching MOS again yesterday, I think I've finally come full circle on the direction of the sequel. When I first heard that Batman would be appearing, I had mixed feelings about it, since I was looking forward to a solo Superman sequel first. Slowly I started to warm to the idea, but after this latest viewing, I think I'm really starting to look forward to the future of the DC Cinematic Universe.

Though the Easter eggs were of a blink-and-you'll miss them quality, the fact that they had both a Wayne Enterprises satellite and a tiny "Keep Calm and Call Batman" sign in the background of the final battle with Zod is enough to indicate that Bruce Wayne and Batman exist in this universe, and that the latter has been around for a long time.

The destruction of Metropolis in MOS was controversial, to say the least, but I think that if the writers play their cards right they could really turn this into a positive plot point in the sequel. Not only is it a great way for Lex Luthor to look like the hero and depict Superman as an alien threat to humanity, but it also provides a good reason for Batman to be suspicious of Superman and for him to come out of retirement (if that's the case for this "tired, weary" version of the Dark Knight).

Finally, the fact that MOS was at its core a science fiction film with many fantastical elements -- yet one which still managed to cling to a sense of gritty "realism" -- means that we have a suitable platform to establish some of the more out-there elements of the DC Universe such as Themiscyra in Batman vs. Superman, while still maintaining the darker, more serious tone that distinguishes the DC Cinematic Universe from the Marvel one.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 01-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #44
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

Theres to much man meat up in this movies x,D

Batman vs Superman > Expendables

Old 01-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #45
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post
One of my favorite actor/wrestler playing one of my favorite heroes? I'm okay with this. I was really down with him playing Lobo, but he'd make a great Stewart as well.

I'm actually hoping he does play Stewart. He really could revive the GL franchise like he has done with his prior movies.

Some of the reasons people have as to why he shouldn't play GL are kinda baffling. (He's too big, he's not black enough, he will ruin the movie, etc.)
I find the colour complaint to be a joke. Sometimes people get too wrapped up on precise aesthetics, and they tend to not even know why.

I've seen arguments about the vast difference between 6'2 and 6'3 and it's importance to character. Jet black hair vs brown etc. I get why a green lanterns powers need be green(I guess) but some fights are better left not fighting. Dwayne is half black(and his mom ain't white), in a world where Perry White is Morpheus of all people.

Thinking about it for 2 seconds but his personality when playing an officer of the law in his movies, is pretty much pin point Jon characterization imo. Still taking this rumor with salt. But the prospect of an DC avengers camera role call with Dwayne in there is nothing but money.

Last edited by Marvin; 01-02-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #46
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I don't entirely mind The Rock as GL. It could be fun.

But I do have to say...as a huge fan of The Rock's wrestling career, his natural charisma and charm has NEVER come across on the big screen as much as it did when he was cutting a promo. I actually think he's a pretty stiff actor.

That said, that works fine for a mindless action movie. Not entirely sure how I feel about him entering the DCU but I shall keep an open mind.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 01-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #47
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

I'd be totally down for The Rock as John Stewart.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 01-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #48
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!

Thumbs up Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Re-posting from the previous thread because whenever I post something more than a couple paragraphs long near the end of a long thread it's like it just disappears into the aether:

After re-watching MOS again yesterday, I think I've finally come full circle on the direction of the sequel. When I first heard that Batman would be appearing, I had mixed feelings about it, since I was looking forward to a solo Superman sequel first. Slowly I started to warm to the idea, but after this latest viewing, I think I'm really starting to look forward to the future of the DC Cinematic Universe.

Though the Easter eggs were of a blink-and-you'll miss them quality, the fact that they had both a Wayne Enterprises satellite and a tiny "Keep Calm and Call Batman" sign in the background of the final battle with Zod is enough to indicate that Bruce Wayne and Batman exist in this universe, and that the latter has been around for a long time.

The destruction of Metropolis in MOS was controversial, to say the least, but I think that if the writers play their cards right they could really turn this into a positive plot point in the sequel. Not only is it a great way for Lex Luthor to look like the hero and depict Superman as an alien threat to humanity, but it also provides a good reason for Batman to be suspicious of Superman and for him to come out of retirement (if that's the case for this "tired, weary" version of the Dark Knight).

Finally, the fact that MOS was at its core a science fiction film with many fantastical elements -- yet one which still managed to cling to a sense of gritty "realism" -- means that we have a suitable platform to establish some of the more out-there elements of the DC Universe such as Themiscyra in Batman vs. Superman, while still maintaining the darker, more serious tone that distinguishes the DC Cinematic Universe from the Marvel one.
QFT.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #49
InJustice
Side-Kick

All I ask for the Rock if he really is John Stewart, is NO CGI COSTUME PLS!

Old 01-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #50
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post

perfectly said.

Closed Thread