The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 01-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #326
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Default Re: Honest Attempt at a Title Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Raiden in a Superman movie? I'm down!
you mean Connor McLeod.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #327
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

But he is also Raiden.

Lambert as Raiden is one of the most spectacular cases of miscasting in film history. He's literally SO wrong for the character that it's somehow the best part of the movie. It's kind of mind-blowing.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #328
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
you mean Connor McLeod.
I grew up with the first Mortal Kombat movie so he's Raiden to me!!!

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #329
georgec
Not a hero

You're all wrong - he's John Henry Brennick.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #330
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
But he is also Raiden.

Lambert as Raiden is one of the most spectacular cases of miscasting in film history. He's literally SO wrong for the character that it's somehow the best part of the movie. It's kind of mind-blowing.
I've been saying that for years. Kinda like how I couldn't see James Remar in the role in the sequel because all I saw was Ajax from The Warriors.

I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #331
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
I've been saying that for years. Kinda like how I couldn't see James Remar in the role in the sequel because all I saw was Ajax from The Warriors.
Yeah. Remar is definitely a better actor than Lambert but when he was miscast as Raiden, it was just kind of a dull miscasting. If you're going to miscast a character, go EPIC with it.

On the other hand, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was definitely the crappier movie of the two. Good God, what were they thinking with that crap? Remember the part whether they burrow traverse the world via some leftover cage balls from the set of American Gladiators?

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #332
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
But he is also Raiden.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #333
Wheels
HR Supporter

Christopher Lambert should stay in 1986 where he belongs lol.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #334
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Yeah. Remar is definitely a better actor than Lambert but when he was miscast as Raiden, it was just kind of a dull miscasting. If you're going to miscast a character, go EPIC with it.

On the other hand, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was definitely the crappier movie of the two. Good God, what were they thinking with that crap? Remember the part whether they burrow traverse the world via some leftover cage balls from the set of American Gladiators?
I'm one of the most hardcore MK fans around and even I hate that movie. And it's funny you mention American Gladiators because like 2,3 "actors" where from the show.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #335
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
I grew up with the first Mortal Kombat movie so he's Raiden to me!!!
I grew up as a hardcore fan of the Mortal Kombat games specifically MK1 and MK2 so to me he was miscast. I just kind of accepted all the flaws of the movie and enjoyed it for what it was.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #336
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
I grew up as a hardcore fan of the Mortal Kombat games specifically MK1 and MK2 so to me he was miscast. I just kind of accepted all the flaws of the movie and enjoyed it for what it was.
It's okay man, it's okay... I have something even more shocking to tell... I actually find Street Fighter the movie entertaining as hell not the anime, but the crappy one with Jean-Claude Van Damme as Guile:

"Ahm goeng te take meh bout up rivurr, and ahm goeng te kick thet son effe ***** Bheison's ass so hard..." Can't remember the exact words, but it was the best speech ever...

Goshdarn Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #337
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddamn Batman View Post
It's okay man, it's okay... I have something even more shocking to tell... I actually find Street Fighter the movie entertaining as hell not the anime, but the crappy one with Jean-Claude Van Damme as Guile:

"Ahm goeng te take meh bout up rivurr, and ahm goeng te kick thet son effe ***** Bheison's ass so hard..." Can't remember the exact words, but it was the best speech ever...
ROFL Street Fighter the movie was one of those movies that you had to turn off all parts of your brain to Enjoy. I kind of enjoyed it mostly becasue it was so bad it was funny. Thank god I wasn't a Street Fighter fan back then like I am now. Weird I was a hardcore Mortal Kombat fan (1-3) as a kid then became a Street fighter fan in my late teens (X-men vs. Street Fighter/Marvel vs. Capcom 1-3/Street Fighter 4).

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #338
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Always preferred Street Fighter over Mortal Kombat but still it was awesome to have back then. Since then Tekken has joined the party but I still prefer the other two. First three Mortal Kombat games were awesome though.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #339
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
ROFL Street Fighter the movie was one of those movies that you had to turn off all parts of your brain to Enjoy. I kind of enjoyed it mostly becasue it was so bad it was funny. Thank god I wasn't a Street Fighter fan back then like I am now. Weird I was a hardcore Mortal Kombat fan (1-3) as a kid then became a Street fighter fan in my late teens (X-men vs. Street Fighter/Marvel vs. Capcom 1-3/Street Fighter 4).
I watched it when I was 10 or 11. What was the point in having Dhalsim in the movie? the guy didn't stretch at all. And then his hair got burnt off, and his clothes... Suddenly he kinda resembled the video game version. Weird!

Mortal Kombat traumatized me when I was a kid. The first fatality I saw was the one where Kano rips out the skeleton. I had a crush on Sheeva (yeah, I always liked strange women). Then I got to play the first game, and when I saw Goro I got depressed. I wanted Sheeva, not that ugly bastard

Today I like Street Fighter better. Not a big fan of gore anymore.

Goshdarn Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #340
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
I'm one of the most hardcore MK fans around and even I hate that movie. And it's funny you mention American Gladiators because like 2,3 "actors" where from the show.
Seriously? Good God that makes it even funnier. Maybe they had some leftover cage balls that they were playing with on the set and the director was like, "OH I'VE GOT AN IDEA. LET'S PUT THOSE IN THE MOVIE."

Old 01-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #341
Milu
Batterson J. Manford III

How about subtitle followed by the title? I don't think that's been done before in recent superhero movies, and it could set apart the Man Of Steel series from its contemporaries. Something like, World's Finest: Man Of Steel 2.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #342
georgec
Not a hero

^ That could work.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #343
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, you know it really could.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #344
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

I actually like that.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #345
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milu View Post
How about subtitle followed by the title? I don't think that's been done before in recent superhero movies, and it could set apart the Man Of Steel series from its contemporaries. Something like, World's Finest: Man Of Steel 2.
That's actually a GREAT call right there, Milu. I like that a TON. You can definitely get more mileage out of creativity and it actually sounds better than anything I've seen so far. Nice suggestion!

Truth or Justice: Man of Steel 2

Knightfall: Man of Steel 2

Old 01-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #346
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

or just "Truth and Justice"

Do we even need the Man of Steel 2 part in the title? I mean I know it labels the movie for the audience, but people aren't that thick to not know that this is a sequel to MoS, especially after the huge marketing campaign they're going to set loose on the world.

BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #347
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
or just "Truth and Justice"

Do we even need the Man of Steel 2 part in the title? I mean I know it labels the movie for the audience, but people aren't that thick to not know that this is a sequel to MoS, especially after the huge marketing campaign they're going to set loose on the world.
Was the Dark Knight, Batman Begins 2: The Dark Knight?

Unbreakable Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #348
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

Edit. Nevermind.

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."

Last edited by Mike_D202; 01-10-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Mike_D202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #349
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
Was the Dark Knight, Batman Begins 2: The Dark Knight?
No, but WB did force Nolan to include the words "The Dark Knight" in TDKR because they actually believed that people might not be able to figure out that the new Batman movie was a sequel to the last Batman movie.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #350
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

SUPERMAN/BATMAN: Man Of Tomorrow

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote