The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #51
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
I would worry about The Rocks charisma stealing scenes from pretty much anyone in the movie now lol.
sucks for them

Old 01-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #52
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I don't entirely mind The Rock as GL. It could be fun.

But I do have to say...as a huge fan of The Rock's wrestling career, his natural charisma and charm has NEVER come across on the big screen as much as it did when he was cutting a promo. I actually think he's a pretty stiff actor.

That said, that works fine for a mindless action movie. Not entirely sure how I feel about him entering the DCU but I shall keep an open mind.
He's still a better actor than Gal Gadot.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #53
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I don't entirely mind The Rock as GL. It could be fun.

But I do have to say...as a huge fan of The Rock's wrestling career, his natural charisma and charm has NEVER come across on the big screen as much as it did when he was cutting a promo. I actually think he's a pretty stiff actor.

That said, that works fine for a mindless action movie. Not entirely sure how I feel about him entering the DCU but I shall keep an open mind.
The Rock was rather decent in Snitch.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #54
CK_ALL_DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I can't get onboard with the Rock as GL... That just don't work for me.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #55
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Finally, the fact that MOS was at its core a science fiction film with many fantastical elements -- yet one which still managed to cling to a sense of gritty "realism" -- means that we have a suitable platform to establish some of the more out-there elements of the DC Universe such as Themiscyra in Batman vs. Superman, while still maintaining the darker, more serious tone that distinguishes the DC Cinematic Universe from the Marvel one.
They laid good groundwork. Still unsure about Johnson. Is this rumor, or is this confirmed news?

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:51 PM   #56
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_ALL_DAY View Post
I swear, that gif is the best response to anything on the internet ever.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:52 PM   #57
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
They laid good groundwork. Still unsure about Johnson. Is this rumor, or is this confirmed news?
It's confirmed he is in talks for a DC Comics property film. It's rumored it's mostly likely going to be John Stewart GL.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #58
Superman Prime

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=14410

Quote:
A report at the Inquisitr.com claims that the budget for the upcoming Superman/Batman movie is $131 million.
  • Michelle Grinnell, public relations manager for the Michigan Film Office, says this is exciting for the state's film industry to have the likes of Henry Cavill come to work here: "It's the film where Batman and Superman meet for the first time on the Big Screen."
    Grinnell says this is the largest production to be filmed in Michigan to date, with a budget of $131 million. The previous record belonged to Oz: The Great And Powerful, which was filmed in the state in 2011.
    Compared to Oz, Batman vs. Superman will not only use the studio, but will actually shoot on location bringing Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck out and about to the delight of fans.
Speaking of the fans, if you live in the area and have some film experience, you should keep an eye on the Michigan Film Office website for any possible behind-the-scenes jobs or on camera opportunities to work on the movie.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #59
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
This is just how much they're spending in Michigan...there's lots more to be spent, folks...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #60
bluerayer
MCU

The Rock as GL would be cool with me!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #61
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_ALL_DAY View Post
Hehehe...lol....I like that gif though. I just can't see it. Doesn't mean he might not blow my mind.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #62
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Anyone read the Supergirl prequel comic? I'm sure that's a hint of what's to come writing-wise, since it was a mostly Goyer comic (with some ZS added in)

Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #63
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
The budget's significantly smaller this time around, probably because they want to take things down a notch for this movie compared to the last? Maybe probably focus on character and story?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Also, #GiveUsMoreLegends
Old 01-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #64
Rorschach2012
$

The budget is not 131 million. it'll be around 250 mil to 300 mil

Old 01-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #65
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

$131 Million is just Michigan

Old 01-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #66
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
The budget's significantly smaller this time around, probably because they want to take things down a notch for this movie compared to the last? Maybe probably focus on character and story?
That's only the Michigan portion. You really think with all this now they're going to lower the budget from MOS?. Not a chance.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #67
STARMAN
Side-Kick

As others have said 131 million is for in-state expenditures. They were given 35 million in incentives.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #68
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

The first ever cinematic meeting between Superman AND Batman along with Wonder Woman ain't gonna cost $131 million. They were given around $35 million for incentives.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #69
Rorschach2012
$

MOS cost 225 million . You really think that this one is going to cost 131 million? it'll be at least 250 mil

Old 01-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #70
the last son
Side-Kick

It would be cool if at the end is when Johnson is revealed as GL.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #71
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
The budget is not 131 million. it'll be around 250 mil to 300 mil
Well crap... I guess dnno1 was right!

That's a lot of money. I hope this pays off.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #72
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

At the moment, I don't see it being that much bigger than MOS. Anywhere from $230-235 million.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #73
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

We'll see.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:17 PM   #74
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
At the moment, I don't see it being that much bigger than MOS. Anywhere from $230-235 million.
Seriously? A movie that only featured Superman cost 225. Usually, big sequels cost more to produce, and this time around we're getting Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash (most likely) and Dick Grayson (most likely). I think it'll cost more than MOS

Old 01-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #75
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Seriously? A movie that only featured Superman cost 225. Usually, big sequels cost more to produce, and this time around we're getting Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash (most likely) and Dick Grayson (most likely). I think it'll cost more than MOS
Dont forget GL!(Maybe...)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Closed Thread