The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #76
kendalag
Side-Kick
 
kendalag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 497
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Yeah that # is confusing people all over the internet ... it's bigger than Oz in Michigan ... and according to BOM, Oz's production budget was 215 million.

This thing is at LEAST 225 million (like MOS) ... if not higher.

kendalag is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #77
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,883
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

I'd totally be up for the rock as GL. That'd certainly revive interest in the character for the General audience

__________________
Movies I have seen this year:
Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #78
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 15,639
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
Ignoring the budget situation for a second........

I couldn't have possibly been the only one who noticed that this article confirmed that we'll both Cavill and Affleck on set in michigan.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #79
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,158
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Something like this would be cool to see...


__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #80
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,445
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

the scenes they are filming in Michigan will cost 131 mill, but that's not the final budget. it'll be around 250 mil

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #81
Skrilla31
Side-Kick
 
Skrilla31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 796
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

So not only is it rumored that Green Lantern is going to be in this movie too, but he's gonna be played by The Rock?

Look at the bright side. At this point the bar for this movie has been set so astronomically low that anything short of a giant steaming pile of s*** should exceed expectations.

Skrilla31 is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #82
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,178
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
So not only is it rumored that Green Lantern is going to be in this movie too, but he's gonna be played by The Rock?

Look at the bright side. At this point the bar for this movie has been set so astronomically low that anything short of a giant steaming pile of s*** should exceed expectations.
Wow! You are positive!

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #83
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,745
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
Look at the bright side. At this point the bar for this movie has been set so astronomically low that anything short of a giant steaming pile of s*** should exceed expectations.
I feel the need to either laugh or cry at this statement. I've chosen to laugh...lol...but I could have went the other way.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #84
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,378
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

If it was rumored that the rock was going to appear in avengers as green lantern tmr...I'd expect a different response.
Amazing how casting addition rumors can be met so differently based on circumstance. As is the way of things with the superstitious and what not lot that we are.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #85
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 30,101
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If it was rumored that the rock was going to appear in avengers as green lantern tmr...I'd expect a different response.
Amazing how casting addition rumors can be met so differently based on circumstance. As is the way of things with the superstitious and what not lot that we are.
I think any casting rumor for any Marvel film would be met glee and excitement.

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 5/6/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #86
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,745
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

You'd expect a different response because there's been more of a history of success. WB has a pattern. That's why people are more cautious and less enthusiastic. Most though I believe hope for the best.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #87
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sector 2814
Posts: 229
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Most of the Marvel castings to me are forgettable. The only ones that stand out are RDJ, Tom Hiddleston, and Chris Hemsworth, everyone else is easily replaceable.

WinterAssassinR is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #88
TheScarecrow
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,111
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Surely I can't be the only one who views The Rock coming on board as a huge positive?

I'm not saying he's an Oscar-calibre actor, but I don't see why he necessarily needs to be depending on who he is playing. My gut feeling is that he's Cyborg and I'm A-OK with that. Johnson has a MASSIVE amount of charisma, great comedic timing, great screen presence and is very good at doing what he does - and it's exactly what he says in his tweet - being a total badass. He's also a box office draw card.

The rumoured cast of this movie is:

Henry Cavill
Ben Affleck
Amy Adams
Joaquin Phoenix
Dianne Lane
Laurence Fishburne
Gal Gadot
Dwayne Johnson
Jason Mamoa

It's to be written by Oscar winning writer Chris Terrio, and to be directed by Zack Snyder who (all things being equal) did a great job on Man of Steel. The story is by David Goyer - who wrote the stories for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

Some people just want this movie to fail, rather than looking at the objective facts. This project, at face value, looks awesome.

TheScarecrow is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #89
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,178
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post
Some people just want this movie to fail, rather than looking at the objective facts. This project, at face value, looks awesome.
Yes! Finally some positivity!

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #90
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 30,101
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Yay for optimism and positivity!

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 5/6/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #91
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,178
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P


__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #92
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,505
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Yay for optimism and positivity!
Aw, shut up

Goshdarn Batman is online now  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #93
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,178
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Aw, come on! Be happy!

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #94
TeeKay
Side-Kick
 
TeeKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,701
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

This movie will suck.

__________________
“Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke.”Joss Whedon.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #95
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,253
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

WB is flooding the web with a lot of misinformation.
I wont believe anything until it is officially announced .

Mysteryman is online now  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #96
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 68,693
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I think any casting rumor for any Marvel film would be met glee and excitement.
I've seen lots of *****ing in the Elizabeth Olsen thread. I'm sure there are more examples, but I just don't have the energy...

__________________
Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #97
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,745
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

lol...I hope the movie will be great. There... there is some positivity.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #98
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound
 
Fallen Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9,045
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
WB is flooding the web with a lot of misinformation.
I wont believe anything until it is officially announced .
we all should do this but you know it aint happening.

Fallen Angel is online now  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #99
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,804
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

I don't hate the idea of The Rock as John Stewart. It would definitely bring the likability back to Green Lantern.

Maybe WB will call him Black Lantern to distance it from the poorly received Green Lantern.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 01-02-2014 at 07:04 PM.
The Guard is offline  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #100
Frico
Live by the creed
 
Frico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 8,827
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post
Surely I can't be the only one who views The Rock coming on board as a huge positive?

I'm not saying he's an Oscar-calibre actor, but I don't see why he necessarily needs to be depending on who he is playing. My gut feeling is that he's Cyborg and I'm A-OK with that. Johnson has a MASSIVE amount of charisma, great comedic timing, great screen presence and is very good at doing what he does - and it's exactly what he says in his tweet - being a total badass. He's also a box office draw card.

The rumoured cast of this movie is:

Henry Cavill
Ben Affleck
Amy Adams
Joaquin Phoenix
Dianne Lane
Laurence Fishburne
Gal Gadot
Dwayne Johnson
Jason Mamoa

It's to be written by Oscar winning writer Chris Terrio, and to be directed by Zack Snyder who (all things being equal) did a great job on Man of Steel. The story is by David Goyer - who wrote the stories for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

Some people just want this movie to fail, rather than looking at the objective facts. This project, at face value, looks awesome.

__________________
Affleck. Cavill. Gadot.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman



Frico is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.