The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #76
kendalag
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Yeah that # is confusing people all over the internet ... it's bigger than Oz in Michigan ... and according to BOM, Oz's production budget was 215 million.

This thing is at LEAST 225 million (like MOS) ... if not higher.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #77
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

I'd totally be up for the rock as GL. That'd certainly revive interest in the character for the General audience

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 01-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #78
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
Ignoring the budget situation for a second........

I couldn't have possibly been the only one who noticed that this article confirmed that we'll both Cavill and Affleck on set in michigan.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #79
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Something like this would be cool to see...

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #80
Rorschach2012
$

the scenes they are filming in Michigan will cost 131 mill, but that's not the final budget. it'll be around 250 mil

Old 01-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #81
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

So not only is it rumored that Green Lantern is going to be in this movie too, but he's gonna be played by The Rock?

Look at the bright side. At this point the bar for this movie has been set so astronomically low that anything short of a giant steaming pile of s*** should exceed expectations.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #82
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
So not only is it rumored that Green Lantern is going to be in this movie too, but he's gonna be played by The Rock?

Look at the bright side. At this point the bar for this movie has been set so astronomically low that anything short of a giant steaming pile of s*** should exceed expectations.
Wow! You are positive!

Old 01-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #83
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
I feel the need to either laugh or cry at this statement. I've chosen to laugh...lol...but I could have went the other way.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #84
Marvin
Side-Kick

If it was rumored that the rock was going to appear in avengers as green lantern tmr...I'd expect a different response.
Amazing how casting addition rumors can be met so differently based on circumstance. As is the way of things with the superstitious and what not lot that we are.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #85
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
If it was rumored that the rock was going to appear in avengers as green lantern tmr...I'd expect a different response.
Amazing how casting addition rumors can be met so differently based on circumstance. As is the way of things with the superstitious and what not lot that we are.
I think any casting rumor for any Marvel film would be met glee and excitement.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #86
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

You'd expect a different response because there's been more of a history of success. WB has a pattern. That's why people are more cautious and less enthusiastic. Most though I believe hope for the best.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #87
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick

Most of the Marvel castings to me are forgettable. The only ones that stand out are RDJ, Tom Hiddleston, and Chris Hemsworth, everyone else is easily replaceable.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #88
TheScarecrow
Side-Kick

Surely I can't be the only one who views The Rock coming on board as a huge positive?

I'm not saying he's an Oscar-calibre actor, but I don't see why he necessarily needs to be depending on who he is playing. My gut feeling is that he's Cyborg and I'm A-OK with that. Johnson has a MASSIVE amount of charisma, great comedic timing, great screen presence and is very good at doing what he does - and it's exactly what he says in his tweet - being a total badass. He's also a box office draw card.

The rumoured cast of this movie is:

Henry Cavill
Ben Affleck
Amy Adams
Joaquin Phoenix
Dianne Lane
Laurence Fishburne
Gal Gadot
Dwayne Johnson
Jason Mamoa

It's to be written by Oscar winning writer Chris Terrio, and to be directed by Zack Snyder who (all things being equal) did a great job on Man of Steel. The story is by David Goyer - who wrote the stories for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

Some people just want this movie to fail, rather than looking at the objective facts. This project, at face value, looks awesome.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #89
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post
Some people just want this movie to fail, rather than looking at the objective facts. This project, at face value, looks awesome.
Yes! Finally some positivity!

Old 01-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #90
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Yay for optimism and positivity!

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #91
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

Old 01-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #92
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Yay for optimism and positivity!
Aw, shut up

Old 01-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #93
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

Aw, come on! Be happy!

Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #94
TeeKay
Side-Kick

This movie will suck.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #95
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

WB is flooding the web with a lot of misinformation.
I wont believe anything until it is officially announced .

Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #96
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I think any casting rumor for any Marvel film would be met glee and excitement.
I've seen lots of *****ing in the Elizabeth Olsen thread. I'm sure there are more examples, but I just don't have the energy...

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #97
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

lol...I hope the movie will be great. There... there is some positivity.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #98
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
WB is flooding the web with a lot of misinformation.
I wont believe anything until it is officially announced .
we all should do this but you know it aint happening.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #99
The Guard
Side-Kick

I don't hate the idea of The Rock as John Stewart. It would definitely bring the likability back to Green Lantern.

Maybe WB will call him Black Lantern to distance it from the poorly received Green Lantern.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 01-02-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #100
Frico
Live by the creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrow View Post
Surely I can't be the only one who views The Rock coming on board as a huge positive?

I'm not saying he's an Oscar-calibre actor, but I don't see why he necessarily needs to be depending on who he is playing. My gut feeling is that he's Cyborg and I'm A-OK with that. Johnson has a MASSIVE amount of charisma, great comedic timing, great screen presence and is very good at doing what he does - and it's exactly what he says in his tweet - being a total badass. He's also a box office draw card.

The rumoured cast of this movie is:

Henry Cavill
Ben Affleck
Amy Adams
Joaquin Phoenix
Dianne Lane
Laurence Fishburne
Gal Gadot
Dwayne Johnson
Jason Mamoa

It's to be written by Oscar winning writer Chris Terrio, and to be directed by Zack Snyder who (all things being equal) did a great job on Man of Steel. The story is by David Goyer - who wrote the stories for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Closed Thread