The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 09-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #76
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: What kind of score do you want for the sequel?

only problem zimmer will have is he will truly have to come up with something original because as much as i love the batman theme it was just a new version of his score from Rildey Scott's Black Rain

listen to 1:16
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #77
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Wow! I love Zimmer's music but that IMO is quite lazy...

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #78
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

^Indeed. If only JNH scored the trilogy solo. I think we'd have gotten more inspired scores. Funny thing was the Black Rain score actually set the bar for the Zimmer/MV/RC action scores. I've heard that particular score was a gamechanger back in '89'. A lot of his style and tone you hear in his TDKT echos that of Black Rain's also.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #79
Loki882
Side-Kick

I really like the MOS score, especially that song that played during the battle for Krypton and when Zod released the WE (forget what it's called). I'd actually like a score that mixes Superman and Batman type music. Oh, and Lex Luthor needs a badass villain theme if he's in the movie.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #80
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
^Indeed. If only JNH scored the trilogy solo. I think we'd have gotten more inspired scores. Funny thing was the Black Rain score actually set the bar for the Zimmer/MV/RC action scores. I've heard that particular score was a gamechanger back in '89'. A lot of his style and tone you hear in his TDKT echos that of Black Rain's also.
JNH isn't any better you hear his score for green lantern? boring an forgettable

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #81
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Maybe Affleck can "convince" Snyder to go with Alexandre Desplat on this film. I know some people think of him as 'that Twilight/Harry Potter composer', but he's worked in a variety of genres. And his work is impressive.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #82
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
JNH isn't any better you hear his score for green lantern? boring an forgettable
Oh I agree with that. It's just as uninspiring as Zimmer's MOS score, imho. But JNH was scoring a movie that was far from a masterpiece anyway. So the blame can't fall 100% on him. Eventhough he's written some great scores for duds before. The reason I believe JNH should've scored TDKT solo b/c I prefer the material he wrote for BB and TDK over Zimmer's. Plus his score for "Unbreaakable" was proof he could handle the gritty realism of the Nolan trilogy,imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Maybe Affleck can "convince" Snyder to go with Alexandre Desplat on this film. I know some people think of him as 'that Twilight/Harry Potter composer', but he's worked in a variety of genres. And his work is impressive.
I think the main reason Desplat scored Argo was b/c George Clooney was involved as one of the producers. And they both worked together on The Ides Of March, I believe. Before Argo Affleck collaborated with Harry Gregson-Williams on Gone Baby Gone and The Town. I don't think he had much to do with Desplat's castingin Argo.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #83
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I really like the MOS score, especially that song that played during the battle for Krypton and when Zod released the WE (forget what it's called). I'd actually like a score that mixes Superman and Batman type music. Oh, and Lex Luthor needs a badass villain theme if he's in the movie.
I believe the track you forgot was "Terraforming"

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #84
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post

I think the main reason Desplat scored Argo was b/c George Clooney was involved as one of the producers. And they both worked together on The Ides Of March, I believe. Before Argo Affleck collaborated with Harry Gregson-Williams on Gone Baby Gone and The Town. I don't think he had much to do with Desplat's castingin Argo.
Clooney just doesn't seem like the kind of producer who forces certain things on a director, especially someone like Affleck.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 09-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #85
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

If so then maybe Affleck hired Desplat b/c he felt his skills and approach to scoring were more suited for Argo than HGW's. Afterall Argo wasn't a Boston crime drama.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #86
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
only problem zimmer will have is he will truly have to come up with something original because as much as i love the batman theme it was just a new version of his score from Rildey Scott's Black Rain

listen to 1:16
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
You are oversimplifying his entire bat score into similarity for one part, but yes I do consider Zimmer's seminal score for Black Rain to be the blueprint for all his work on action movies not just Dark Knight.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #87
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

I'd like to hear daft punk score it

this isn't them but it gave me a feel for what they'd do.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #88
Chip Chipperson
Batfleck's Biggest Fan

the score in MOS was perfect, I'd bring it back.

Batman should get his own score, and it should have a dark yet theatric feel to it, sort of like elfman's score.

the arkham city main theme comes to mind, it has the perfect blend of a modern day feeling and dramatic ambiance.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #89
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
I'd like to hear daft punk score it
They would be great too. Their work on Tron Legacy was absolutely beautiful. The electronics and orchestra were seamlessly blended, and the result is sublime. I'd have never thought the guys who did "One More Time" could pull off a film score like that.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #90
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
They would be great too. Their work on Tron Legacy was absolutely beautiful. The electronics and orchestra were seamlessly blended, and the result is sublime. I'd have never thought the guys who did "One More Time" could pull off a film score like that.
that's the main reason why I'd like them to score it. i think they would provide a nice contrast for batman and superman melding those two things together.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #91
bluerayer
Swamp Thing

I hope Wonder Woman gets some kickass music!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=270244
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote