The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #276
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,990
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

I think synder has a super difficult job to plead both superman n batman fans. He can't even plead the superman fans alone.

__________________
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #277
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 30,898
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Personally, I hope they DO fight AND become dudebros by the end.

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 5/6/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #278
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave
Posts: 30,898
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I think synder has a super difficult job to plead both superman n batman fans. He can't even plead the superman fans alone.
Snyder can do great things with darker characters so I don't think he'll have too much of a problem with Batman.

__________________
Cavill. Affleck. Gadot. 5/6/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #279
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,348
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
So, if they fight, it's because Batman's just paranoid and goes around fighting people?

Meh.

I get that Batman's kind of "paranoid", but Batman and Superman fighting "just because one of them might be a threat" lacks any real logic for me.
I feel the same way since I think one of Batman's skills is being a good judge of character. And within just meeting Superman, I think he should be able to know that he's a good guy and any suspicions he has about him would be gone.

It's kinda like how he dealt with Superman and J'onn in New Frontier. He only fought Superman because he got word that the government was sending him and he told J'onn that he felt he could trust him, but if that feeling changed he wasn't afraid to deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
The best fight the two had was in Lex Luthor Man of Steel.

As far as Miller goes I wish 80s Miller had have gotten a crack at Superman because he even said the Superman in TDKR was not the way he saw Superman and that he had a Superman story he wanted to tell someday. Of course now I think he'd royally F it up. I hope someone does a before Watchmen type thing with Dark Knight tbh cause I want a prequel that shows what happened and why Superman became a puppet like he was in that story but I don't want Miller anywhere near it. I'm sure there are many capable writers/artists that could do it.

As for DKSA that was an awful intepretation of Superman. I don't believe he was in that place at the end of Dark Knight. I always felt he would continue on as the hero he was before he became the presidents lacky. Also that panel pisses me off because Superman is human. He may be an alien but at his core he's as human as everyone else.
I never understood why they fought in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel. It just seemed so random to me.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #280
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,804
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I feel the same way since I think one of Batman's skills is being a good judge of character. And within just meeting Superman, I think he should be able to know that he's a good guy and any suspicions he has about him would be gone.
Exactly.

Also, Batman's apparently going to be a "mentor" of sorts to Superman.

That's one of the reasons I'm all about mind control or some kind of compromising element. Because it adds the drama of HAVING to fight someone good and decent that you otherwise wouldn't, and explores ideas about power, corruption of power, etc. It raises the stakes in terms of whether the world can trust Superman, or the others.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #281
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,348
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Exactly.

Also, Batman's apparently going to be a "mentor" of sorts to Superman.

That's one of the reasons I'm all about mind control or some kind of compromising element. Because it adds the drama of HAVING to fight someone good and decent that you otherwise wouldn't, and explores ideas about power, corruption of power, etc. It raises the stakes in terms of whether the world can trust Superman, or the others.
And I'd rather watch adults not be immature and hot tempered. If were we dealing with teen/early adult versions of these characters, I'd buy it more easily.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #282
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,394
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Exactly.

Also, Batman's apparently going to be a "mentor" of sorts to Superman.

That's one of the reasons I'm all about mind control or some kind of compromising element. Because it adds the drama of HAVING to fight someone good and decent that you otherwise wouldn't, and explores ideas about power, corruption of power, etc. It raises the stakes in terms of whether the world can trust Superman, or the others.
I don't think mind control adds drama at all. Batman wouldn't be fighting Superman at that point. He'd be fighting whoever was controlling Superman's mind. It deflates the drama. There isn't any character development in that at all. It turns Superman into some pawn. It doesn't make Batman consider whether or not he can trust Supes, it makes things all about the problem of whoever is controlling Supes' mind.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I feel the same way since I think one of Batman's skills is being a good judge of character. And within just meeting Superman, I think he should be able to know that he's a good guy and any suspicions he has about him would be gone.
Would they? He's just gonna believe what supes says despite all that destruction? He'll be fine with the killing? He won't have any of the issues some movie goers have with Supes's actions? Lex Luthor could also be fanning the flames and trying to get Bats to hate Supes too. Maybe Supes gets framed for something.


Last edited by MrsKent26; 01-03-2014 at 02:42 PM.
MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #283
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,348
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Would they? He's just gonna believe what supes says despite all that destruction? He'll be fine with the killing? He won't have any of the issues some movie goers have with Supes's actions? Lex Luthor could also be fanning the flames and trying to get Bats to hate Supes too. Maybe Supes gets framed for something.
Well, it's not like Superman was in league with Zod and he defeated him and his people with the help of the government. How he went about things is up for debate and has been done, but I don't see how Batman would come to conclusion that Superman himself is an immediate threat and he has to fight him.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #284
bluerayer
He took 40 cakes
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,269
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

So, how about that Batman/Superman bromance, eh?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
There are always tons of things to enjoy and do. Every day can be an adventure.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #285
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I think synder has a super difficult job to plead both superman n batman fans. He can't even plead the superman fans alone.
I'm pretty sure the Batman fans are going to get the short end of the stick (and frankly, they need to...it's getting tiring to hear how Bat-God >> anything). Goyer and Snyder both said that there's no way Batman can overpower Superman in a fight. And they're both right to be honest.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #286
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,348
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
So, how about that Batman/Superman bromance, eh?
That's too awesome to happen.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #287
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF
 
Samuel Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,882
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
I'm pretty sure the Batman fans are going to get the short end of the stick (and frankly, they need to...it's getting tiring to hear how Bat-God >> anything). Goyer and Snyder both said that there's no way Batman can overpower Superman in a fight. And they're both right to be honest.
He can't win in a fight, but he can sure as hell make look bad. Affleck will not get the short end of the stick.

They both will hopefully have their moments.

__________________
Samuel L. Jackson as Samuel L. Jackson with eye-patch.
Samuel Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #288
bluerayer
He took 40 cakes
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,269
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
That's too awesome to happen.
Remember the stands for hope!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
There are always tons of things to enjoy and do. Every day can be an adventure.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #289
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,348
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerayer View Post
Remember the stands for hope!
I won't lie though... if Batman doesn't crack a joke about that, I'll be disappointed.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #290
bluerayer
He took 40 cakes
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,269
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I won't lie though... if Batman doesn't crack a joke about that, I'll be disappointed.
Hehe!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
There are always tons of things to enjoy and do. Every day can be an adventure.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #291
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,176
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Well, it's not like Superman was in league with Zod and he defeated him and his people with the help of the government. How he went about things is up for debate and has been done, but I don't see how Batman would come to conclusion that Superman himself is an immediate threat and he has to fight him.
The fact is that Superman could turn on us at any time. He is the most powerful person on the planet right now and could wipe us all out in a single evening if he wanted to. It makes perfect sense for Batman to be uneasy about him. I could easily see unease turning into paranoia and paranoia turning into a desire to test his loyalties.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #292
bluerayer
He took 40 cakes
 
bluerayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,269
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
The fact is that Superman could turn on us at any time.

All hail King Superman!


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
There are always tons of things to enjoy and do. Every day can be an adventure.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:11 PM   #293
Isearch4dope
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 225
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Of course they're going to fight. This movie can't happen if they don't. Batman will be the villain for the first half or for 3/4 of the movie. I'm thinking this batman is really paranoid, territorial and fanatical (partially due to a really crazy Gotham gone to sh**) who will no doubt take issue with the alien and his recklessness. He will task himself personally with bringing down this threat (discovering his real agenda...you know how bats is) and it also won't help when Superman wanders into Gotham (his territory). Lex will ally with Batman or Bruce Wayne to take down the threat leading to the discovery of some form of kryptonite. Eventually they'll settle their differences after a minor or major throw-down (physical and ideological) with each learning from the other and giving birth to the idea of a JL along with a final battle against an unsuspected threat/ invasion aided by Lex or independent. With Superman stepping out of the shadows followed by Batman the other heroes will feel compelled to do so. Or maybe I'm full of it and it goes nowhere near my assumptions or yours but to me this is basically one of the most interesting direction to go....generally speaking.


Last edited by Isearch4dope; 01-03-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Isearch4dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #294
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,348
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
The fact is that Superman could turn on us at any time. He is the most powerful person on the planet right now and could wipe us all out in a single evening if he wanted to. It makes perfect sense for Batman to be uneasy about him. I could easily see unease turning into paranoia and paranoia turning into a desire to test his loyalties.
Well, as understandable as that point of view is, I don't like Batman being that paranoid. He might as well be afraid of everyone because everyone's got power to cause harm.

It's one thing to be prepared in case Superman is compromised himself (like mind control) and hurting people and it's another to be prepared because you're afraid of what he might do as a person due to his character. If you're viewing him in that light, I don't know why you'd even be friends with him. You might as well be Lex Luthor.

So, I don't see Batman going out of his way to fight Superman and vice versa unless one or the other is under some sort of mind control. Or as noted earlier, they're just immature and hot tempered and can't solve their issues like adults normally would.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #295
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,394
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
The fact is that Superman could turn on us at any time. He is the most powerful person on the planet right now and could wipe us all out in a single evening if he wanted to. It makes perfect sense for Batman to be uneasy about him. I could easily see unease turning into paranoia and paranoia turning into a desire to test his loyalties.
This.

There will always be people that are uneasy with Superman's level of power. Always. And what may start out as a small feeling of uneasiness can easily propagate and even become paranoia and perhaps eventually hate (although pure hate is probably more a Luthor thing). When that initial feeling of "gee, this guy could wipe us all out" comes about, it's easy for someone to start seeing other things as "clues" that this being is untrustworthy. Imagine a being like this in a world like ours.

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #296
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?
 
Goshdarn Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,681
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

I think they should be best buddies. Maybe we'll get a montage of them fishing, watching bad action movies... running along the beach with a cheesy 80s soundtrack playing in the background.

Goshdarn Batman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #297
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,348
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Another thought:

If Lois can come to the conclusion that Superman is a good guy, I don't see why Batman wouldn't too.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #298
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,394
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

^ Lois and Batman are very different people. And there could be other factors. I'm not saying Batman's suspicions against Superman would be the only reason. I just think there could be some suspicions/mistrust involved because of Superman's power level and what occurred in MOS. If Lex is in the movie, there will likely be some trickery on his part.

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #299
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,348
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
^ Lois and Batman are very different people. And there could be other factors. I'm not saying Batman's suspicions against Superman would be the only reason. I just think there could be some suspicions/mistrust involved because of Superman's power level and what occurred in MOS. If Lex is in the movie, there will likely be some trickery on his part.
If Batman is outright going to have an antagonistic relationship with Superman because of his power, then he clearly has issues beyond being crazy enough to be a vigilante. And if Lex was involved in fooling him, then he's probably not too smart too.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #300
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,394
Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Maybe Lex is just that good?

So you're saying they shouldn't fight? Or that you're in favor of something like mind control?

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.