The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #701
elgaz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Will Superman have a new costume in Man Of Steel Sequel?

Personally I thought the MOS costume was nigh-on perfect and doesn't need any changes. Superman doesn't really wear his costume primarily for armour purposes (like Batman, arguably) so it doesn't make sense that he would be continually tweaking or upgrading it.

We have yet to ascertain whether Kal-El keeps the majority of the costume under his clothes when in Clark Kent guise, or whether he carries it with him somehow and just changes into it at superspeed. But if any changes were to be made to the costume, I think the easiest explanation to swallow would be that the changes somehow better facilitate his switching between his Superman guise and Clark Kent guise.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #702
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I think this is the first time I've seen anyone complain about the abs on the suit. I even remember a bunch of people here claiming for a while that those were 100% Henry's abs, which was kinda funny. I do agree that the look fake in some stills, but on film, they looked great.

Most of the complaints I've seen from diehard purists were about the trunks being gone, and about the belt design.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #703
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I don't think this suit could fit under his clothes, I think that aspect is going to have to go. Plus I always wondered where his boots went when he did that.....and the cape.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #704
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddamn Batman View Post
Wow, that guy pissed Cavill off.
not really...I think he's getting into character...and if they are about to film the "don't threaten my mom" scene he may be holding on to anger.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 01-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #705
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I don't think this suit could fit under his clothes, I think that aspect is going to have to go. Plus I always wondered where his boots went when he did that.....and the cape.
well, wearing bigger clothes in order to fit the suit underneath may help the disguise. i think it may be time for a fat suit. fat supes. fat cavill.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #706
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
not really...I think he's getting into character...and if they are about to film the "don't threaten my mom" scene he may be holding on to anger.
It was a joke

Old 01-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #707
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

Was it ever explained why Kal El's suit was blue with the red cape and looked nothing like the colors Jor El wore? Or anyone else on Krypton for that matter?

Old 01-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #708
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
Was it ever explained why Kal El's suit was blue with the red cape and looked nothing like the colors Jor El wore? Or anyone else on Krypton for that matter?
Nope.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #709
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
They're less offensive but, where they do alter the originals, I don't particularly like the alterations.
I've actually grown to like some of the injustice designs... some and Superman and Batman are definitely not included in that list.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #710
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable Lex View Post
Not in-film, no, but I think, based on everything I read and watched of supplemental materials, that it was meant to show how much brighter and more optimistic Kryptonian society was in its past, during its period of exploration and expansion when the scout ship originally left Krypton. This, contrasted with the more faded, dulled colors of Kryptonian clothing we see in the film on Jor-El, Lara, Zod and the council.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #711
elgaz
Side-Kick

The suit was thousands of years old apparently. I'd like to think that Krypton once had bright and varied colours of suits for all the regal families/houses, but as their civilisation grew old and less passionate about life in general (as evidenced by them giving up exploration and becoming more cold/clinical in their attitudes towards population control), so too did their colours become more muted and sterile.

The aged Krypton we saw at the beginning of MOS was depicted in various shades of grey, dull gold, dark blue and black.

I don't think this was any accident on Snyder's part. Superman's suit is not a polar opposite in that he's not wearing white or something ridiculously bright. It's obviously Kryptonian, with the majority of it composed of dark blue. To me though, the blue is much richer than what the other Kryptonians wore, with splashes of red and bright gold also signifying the differences that his existence represents; a natural birth, a return to an older way that the Kryptonians lost, hope.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #712
InJustice
Side-Kick

Elgaz, you bring up a good point, especially consider Jor-El wore this suit, which shows the colours a bit more nicely.

Though, I think the colours work to symbolize the different factions that Kryptonians are a part of: Black for Military, Blue for Science, etc.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #713
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
The suit was thousands of years old apparently. I'd like to think that Krypton once had bright and varied colours of suits for all the regal families/houses, but as their civilisation grew old and less passionate about life in general (as evidenced by them giving up exploration and becoming more cold/clinical in their attitudes towards population control), so too did their colours become more muted and sterile.

The aged Krypton we saw at the beginning of MOS was depicted in various shades of grey, dull gold, dark blue and black.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I don't think this was any accident on Snyder's part. Superman's suit is not a polar opposite in that he's not wearing white or something ridiculously bright. It's obviously Kryptonian, with the majority of it composed of dark blue. To me though, the blue is much richer than what the other Kryptonians wore, with splashes of red and bright gold also signifying the differences that his existence represents; a natural birth, a return to an older way that the Kryptonians lost, hope.

Good points.

I've actually considered Superman's suit to be more of an ambassador suit as it was included on the scout ship. It would be something that Kryptonians would wear when meeting a new planet's inhabitants and, because of that, the suit needed more vibrant colors.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #714
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Not in-film, no, but I think, based on everything I read and watched of supplemental materials, that it was meant to show how much brighter and more optimistic Kryptonian society was in its past, during its period of exploration and expansion when the scout ship originally left Krypton. This, contrasted with the more faded, dulled colors of Kryptonian clothing we see in the film on Jor-El, Lara, Zod and the council.
I think it was pretty clearly this, even without seeing those supplemental materials. Jor-El himself wore a darker, more "tarnished" version of the blue suit.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #715
elgaz
Side-Kick

Agreed. Jor-El's cape for instance is much darker and more 'worn' looking than the vibrant red of Superman's one.

Interesting to note that Jor-El's cape in MOS is almost the same colour as Superman's one in Superman Returns. There, I've said it

Old 01-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #716
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, but at least Jor-El's cape didn't look like it doubled as a shower curtain.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #717
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

It looks like a shower curtain to me.
Also I recall hearing somewhere that Superman's suit is a diplomatic suit worn on other planets.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #718
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post

eh, i took it to mean that the suit was mad to order for him on the ship.

even if it was the ship that brought kara, i think that would have been too convenient.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #719
adeel7861
Side-Kick

Can anyone explain to me why does his S look so dirty and smudgy? I never understood that, did they do that on purpose to give it a more battlesuit feel? or was it for symbolic reasons representing the dark & gloomy world around him & showing Superman is not fully Superman yet and has to learn to officially become the symbol of hope..and when that happens his S might be shown cleaner then? I think im too high lol

Old 01-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #720
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeel7861 View Post
Can anyone explain to me why does his S look so dirty and smudgy? I never understood that, did they do that on purpose to give it a more battlesuit feel? or was it for symbolic reasons representing the dark & gloomy world around him & showing Superman is not fully Superman yet and has to learn to officially become the symbol of hope..and when that happens his S might be shown cleaner then? I think im too high lol
Maybe because its thousands of years old?

Old 01-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #721
adeel7861
Side-Kick

then why the rest of his suit is cleaner?

Old 01-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #722
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

I dunno?

Old 01-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #723
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

In a perfect world, we'd get this in BVS:

Old 01-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #724
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
In a perfect world, we'd get this in BVS:

What? Superman squashing flies while flying?

I don't like that suit. The belt is too weird... And where's the underpants?

Old 01-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #725
regwec
Shakespearo

I hate the fussy little red cuffs.