The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 01-04-2014, 03:01 AM   #126
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Default Re: IF Wolverine 3 happens,what should be the story of that movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Setting it up after TW and before DOFP could be really confusing to the general audience. Just imagine how they would react to it.

And it could look like a filler movie which won't lead to anything bigger that we haven't seen yet.
Yeah this is my biggest concern as well if it is set in this time frame, could end up a movie which is essentially pointless and retconed before you even start.

Of course we dont actually know whats going to be the outcome of DoFP yet everyone seems to be assuming things and putting their faith in "rumour" and assuming its gospel.

We will get a better picture once DoFP is out and we know exactly where Wolverine is as to what the next logical step for this film is.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #127
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
They could - and although I was not a fan of that idea initially, it could work. It might have worked even better had they kept the alternate ending with the Wolverine comic book costume.
Yeah I wasnt a fan initially either, but if DOFP is truly re-setting things as has been rumoured then I dont see that they have much choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Setting it up after TW and before DOFP could be really confusing to the general audience. Just imagine how they would react to it.

And it could look like a filler movie which won't lead to anything bigger that we haven't seen yet.
I dont think the GA would be bothered that much, the last few Fast and Furious movies have all been set before the 3rd movie I believe and that didnt stop them from being very successful.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #128
Rocketman
Side-Kick

I personally think Old Man Logan should be Hugh's swan song.
Make it in ten years when he's clearly an older man - make it in 2020 or something. Give him that Clint Eastwood character-type that Hugh already possesses too, like an old west rogue.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #129
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I dont think the GA would be bothered that much, the last few Fast and Furious movies have all been set before the 3rd movie I believe and that didnt stop them from being very successful.
They would be bothered that much, they just won't care and possibly lose interest - which is not a good thing at all. These films should have an easy flow with the general audience.

And the 3rd FF movie was a spin-off that didn't feature any of the original FF cast members in a lead role.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #130
Dasher10
Side-Kick

I'd wait in Old Man Logan until Wolverine has long since been recast.

Personally, I like The Lazarus Project, Enemy of the State, Shiva Scenario, the second half of Mutant Genesis, Black Sword Saga, Wounded Wolf, Blood and Claws, Not Dead Yet, Wolverine and Kitty Pryde and that one time when Wolverine was captured by Donald Pierce in the outback and tortured until Jubilee saved him. Those are the best Wolverine Storylines that don't involve a really old Wolverine.

Dasher10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #131
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Should Yukio re-appear?

I'd vote hell yeah. Wolverine works really well with a female co-star. Wouldn't mind them taking another stab at putting Rogue in there either.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #132
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Would love Yukio to come back, just watched The Wolverine again tonight and its such an awesome movie and Yukio is a welcome good character to the movies.

Rogue would work too. For me Wolverine needs to go Russia in the next Wolvie solo movie and deal with Omega Red, so Colossus should be in it too.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #133
Loki882
Side-Kick

I want to see him team up with Kitty. I love their surrogate father/daughter relationship in the comics and seeing Jackman and Page interact for an entire film would be awesome. I'd also love it if they finally brought in X-23.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #134
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^It hasnt really happened in he movies that way though, he has that relationship with Rogue in the movies so it would make more sense if she accompanied him in the next movie IMO.