The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #451
georgec
Not a hero

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Snyder definitely loves the source material of his films - Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen, Superman, etc. Just reading how hard he fought against things the studios wanted in Watchmen makes one appreciate that.

His products may not fully deliver, but the guy does care.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #452
batboy99
BTVS

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

What did they want in watchmen?

I also think that movie is underrated. I quite enjoy it. Even Ackerman. Everyone makes it out like her performance is the worst thing ever. It's really not. Sure she wasn't Haley as Rorschach good, but still.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 01-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #453
kalelinri
Side-Kick

sorry if this has been posted or touched upon, but i found this very interesting, and a really smart way to wrap the WW mythos into this Universe.

Quote:
With all that said, I’d bet a year’s pay – in MONOPOLY money, of course – that the “Amazons” of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those “ancient Kryptonians” who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries. And since Kryptonians are produced without any “He’n and She’n” – Jor El and Lara excluded – couldn’t this original Kryptonian on Earth have used this reproductive science to create an all-female race? I say yes!
from Jeff at BOF
http://www.batman-on-film.com/BOF-Mailbag_1-1-14.html

Old 01-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #454
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yes, Snyder hates Superman. That's why he spent five years working on a Superman movie, got all of these great actors and actresses to be in it, and is spending another three years working on this film. This is CLEARLY a man who hates Superman, not.
Did I even say anything like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
I think he did a great job with MOS. There are some areas where I wish he did things differently, but I love overall. I hope the sequel is a step up.

For people who are familiar with his work, how do you see Snyder handling a sequel?

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #455
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalelinri View Post
sorry if this has been posted or touched upon, but i found this very interesting, and a really smart way to wrap the WW mythos into this Universe.

from Jeff at BOF
I really don't like that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #456
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Alright, stop flirting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker has already marked him.
Is that supposed to intimidate me? Because it doesn't

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #457
smallville fan
Hero

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2...-and-more.html

Quote:

New BATMAN VS SUPERMAN Details and More Emerge

“Is Lex Luthor in BvS? Who is the other 'Superman villain' you've been hinting at?”

JETT SAYS: Yes. And sorry, I'm not at liberty to reveal the ID of the other villain at this time...but the character is highly rumored to be in the film.

“Is Jason Momoa Martian Manhunter in BvS? Or maybe Aquaman?”

JETT SAYS: Nope and nope. Neither of those characters are in this film.

“How big of a role do you think Wonder Woman will be in BvS?”

JETT SAYS: Personally, I’d say it’ll be about on par with Scarlett Johansson’s first appearance as Black Widow in IRON MAN 2. I believe that it’s a cameo-plus type of role that will (hopefully) serve as a springboard to a solo Wonder Woman movie. With all that said, I’d bet a year’s pay – in MONOPOLY money, of course – that the “Amazons” of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those “ancient Kryptonians” who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries. And since Kryptonians are produced without any “He’n and She’n” – Jor El and Lara excluded – couldn’t this original Kryptonian on Earth have used this reproductive science to create an all-female race? I say yes!

“When are we going to get a look at Ben Affleck in costume as Batman?”

JETT SAYS: Well, it’s now 2014 and principle photography will commence here shortly. I suspect Warner Bros. will release a publicity still of Batfleck right about the time filming begins. In other words…REALLY SOON!

“Bill, do you think BvS is too crowded? Could it collapse under its own weight?”

JETT SAYS: I’ve learned not to assume a film is “crowded” based on the number of characters included. Was THE DARK KNIGHT or THE DARK KNIGHT RISES too crowded? I’ve been told that BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN – or whatever it ends up being titled – is truly a Superman film. The film’s bad guys are Superman villains and Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel/Clark Kent is the main character. Of course, Batfleck will play a major role in the movie; but I suspect that one of the main reasons for Batman’s inclusion is to establish a new “DCU on Film Batman” and set up future solo Bat-flicks. Same goes for Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman – though I think her role is much smaller than BA’s Batman.

“How do you feel about TV’s ARROW being included into the continuity of BvS and the DC Cinematic Universe?”

JETT SAYS: I don’t think that is happening and the possibility is nothing more than conjecture and/or wishful thinking.

“Do you think BvS is going to be delayed?”

JETT SAYS: Nope. Why would it be delayed? It’ll hit theaters on July 17, 2015 as scheduled.

“Do you think that Superman will ever get a proper sequel now that Warner Bros. has hijacked the series simply to set up a Justice League film?”

JETT SAYS: Well, as I said, BvS is first and foremost a Superman film. However, I totally get where you are coming from. To answer your question, yes, I believe that we’ll see a Superman film in the near future that doesn’t include any on DC superheroes.

"Bill, do you think Ben Affleck will take over the solo Batman film franchise after BvS?”

JETT SAYS: Yes (and my fingers and toes are crossed).

“Jett, how many films do you think Ben Affleck will suit up as Batman for Warner Bros.?”

JETT SAYS: Hmm…good question. Well, I don’t think he’ll play Batman forever (pun kinda intended). If I had to guess, I’d say 5: BvS, 3 solo Batman films, and another DC team-up movie.

“What do you think Batfleck’s Batman is being based on (from the comics)?”

JETT SAYS: Characterization-wise, a healthy amount of DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, a bit of KINGDOM COME, and just a dash of BATMAN BEYOND.

“Are any Bat-villains being included in BvS?”

JETT SAYS” From what I’ve been told, the answer to that question is NO. -

“Do you think the title (of BvS) could end up being ‘MAN OF STEEL: SOME KIND OF SUBTITLE’?”

JETT SAYS: I think there’s a very strong chance of that happening – mainly to tell people, “Hey this is a Superman film!”

“Do you think the rubber, all-black Batsuit is done and we’ll finally see a black-on-gray suit like in the comics?”

JETT SAYS: Well, I think the “traditional” Batsuit will look a little different than what we’ve seen before. I do not think any part of it will be a shade of blue (BATMAN AND ROBIN anyone?), nor do I think Batfleck will be sporting anything like “tights” in the film. He’ll also don some sort of Bat-armor with BATMAN BEYOND/KINGDOM COME sort of capabilities.

“Have you heard anything about a young Bruce Wayne TV show that Kevin Smith and Paul Dini are pitching to CW? And if so what do you think? It's Bruce Wayne during he's prep school years and called ‘Shadow of the Bat’.

JETT SAYS: Nope. I don’t think that’s a legit rumor/story. In fact, that was the same storyline what Tim McCanlies pitched to Warner Bros. as a TV show fifteen years ago. That project never happened, but it did morph into what became SMALLVILLE.

“Do you think it would be a good idea for this Batman to be at a crossroads because of what happened before the events of MAN OF STEEL? Thus, creating a need for prequels and not having to deal with an old Batman following BvS?”

JETT SAYS: If you’re asking me if I think the next Batman solo films might be set before the events of MAN OF STEEL and/or include flashbacks and a non-linear storyline, then my answer is yes, absolutely.

“Do you think that Batman’s suit could be totally CGI in BvS?”

JETT SAYS: Great Scott! I certainly hope not! No, I don’t think Batfleck will sport a CGI Batsuit – though some aspects of the Bat-armor suit could be CGI.
Thoughts?

For me, I'm not a fan of turning the Amazons into a Kryptonian offshoot race, so does that also mean Aquaman's a Kryptonian offshoot as well and that's how they're going to handle all the Earth bound superhumans?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by smallville fan; 01-04-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #458
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yes, Snyder hates Superman. That's why he spent five years working on a Superman movie, got all of these great actors and actresses to be in it, and is spending another three years working on this film. This is CLEARLY a man who hates Superman, not.
And this is pretty much why I'm not worried about Supes getting shortchanged, I have no doubt it'll still be very much his movie.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #459
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post

Thoughts?

For me, I'm not a fan of turning the Amazons into a Kryptonian offshoot race, so does that also mean Aquaman's a Kryptonian offshoot as well and that's how they're going to handle all the Earth bound superhumans?
I put no stock in anything Jett says, and I personally am not a fan of that idea either.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #460
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Snyder definitely loves the source material of his films - Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen, Superman, etc. Just reading how hard he fought against things the studios wanted in Watchmen makes one appreciate that.

Just watching this short makes me think that he could have pulled off a REALLY GOOD Superman movie, if he had better people backing him up.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Granted, it's not really a narrative, but it does do justice to the majestic quality of the character.

I'm REALLY happy that Terrio's on board.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #461
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
my thoughts is that that's all a bunch of BS, I put no stock in anything Jett says.

Pretty much agree with you. Lot's of "I'd say" say in that he's just giving what he thinks will happen well I could do that too.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #462
kalelinri
Side-Kick

If the amazonian's origins were explained that they came from ancient alien race (not Kryptonians, or just explained that Greek G-ds were ancient aliens) would you guys still have a problem with that? Just curious.

But I understand the apprehensions, and i first i liked the idea, maybe now, not so much.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #463
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Just watching this short makes me think that he could have pulled off a REALLY GOOD Superman movie, if he had better people backing him up.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Granted, it's not really a narrative, but it does do justice to the majestic quality of the character.

I'm REALLY happy that Terrio's on board.
Well Zack Snyder does have a history of directing music videos so yeah I guess.

Quote:
If the amazonian's origins were explained that they came from ancient alien race (not Kryptonians, or just explained that Greek Gods were ancient aliens) would you guys still have a problem with that? Just curious.

But I understand the apprehensions, and i first i liked the idea, maybe now, not so much.
It's basically saying "Hey we feel that Wonder Woman's background just seems too wacky to put on film so we're going to ground her a lot". They're apologizing about the source material and side-lining the fans, much like how Shane Black screwed up Iron Man 3.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by smallville fan; 01-04-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #464
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:

from Jeff at BOF
First of all, Jett doesn't really know anything. This is a fan idea that stated a while back. Second, this is not a smart idea at all. We don't need to turn Wonder Woman into a Superman related character.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #465
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
If the amazonian's origins were explained that they came from ancient alien race (not Kryptonians, or just explained that Greek G-ds were ancient aliens) would you guys still have a problem with that? Just curious.

No sir. I would not like that.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #466
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

Who is this guy?

Old 01-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #467
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:

from Jeff at BOF
Wow. This was one of my worst fears about Wonder Woman :/
Changing her origins like this is one of the most disrespectful things they could do to the character. Just wow. I really hope this doesn't come to pass.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #468
kalelinri
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
Who is this guy?
me? or Jeff from BOF?

Old 01-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #469
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

Quote:
me? or Jeff from BOF?
The Jeff person.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #470
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post

Thoughts?

I actually like the idea of the Amazons being descendants, or race created by ancient Kryptonians, and in turn, inherited their birthing technology.

However, don't jump to believe what Jett says.

Jett sometimes has legitimate scoops, but its rare.

And much of what he posted there is things people have been speculating and throwing about for months.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #471
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

That BOF info is definitely a relief to here, Jett is most definitely a guy in the know

Old 01-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #472
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
Who is this guy?
Someone we shouldn't care, but to quickly put, he's the guy who claims to know "inside information" about movies but doesn't want to reveal them and as soon as they are (officially), he goes off "HA! I told you! I knew about it all along! "

Old 01-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #473
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ They're ALWAYS unknown sources. If they're right, then they can say they mentioned it first, and if they aren't, they can say that their source was misinformed (and probably by a WB red herring, to boot)

Old 01-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #474
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
That BOF info is definitely a relief to here, Jett is most definitely a guy in the know
Since when? This guy claimed that there was no way Affleck would play Batman, was absolutely sure Black Mask and Hugo Strange would be in TDKR, and convinced people that Bale would be Batman again.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #475
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandrea View Post
Since when? This guy claimed that there was no way Affleck would play Batman, was absolutely sure Black Mask and Hugo Strange would be in TDKR, and convinced people that Bale would be Batman again.
The guy has contacts in WBs is friends with Michael Uslan producer of the Batman films.

As for all that he's admitted he purposely put if some false info on WBs behalf. Also he never convinced people Bale would be Batman again all he said was there were talks and only an idiot would not believe that WBs tried to get Bale & Nolan back.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Closed Thread