The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #501
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Someone should photoshop her onto the cover for Waiting for Guffman.
I've never heard of The Guffman before. Will he show up in the movie alongside Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, or is he a Marvel character?

Old 01-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #502
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
According to the manips that I have seen, Gal can only smile and make no other face.
This one that I edited doesn't have her smiling.

:o
Old 01-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #503
smallville fan
Hero

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2...-and-more.html

Quote:

New BATMAN VS SUPERMAN Details and More Emerge

“How big of a role do you think Wonder Woman will be in BvS?”

JETT SAYS: Personally, I’d say it’ll be about on par with Scarlett Johansson’s first appearance as Black Widow in IRON MAN 2. I believe that it’s a cameo-plus type of role that will (hopefully) serve as a springboard to a solo Wonder Woman movie. With all that said, I’d bet a year’s pay – in MONOPOLY money, of course – that the “Amazons” of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those “ancient Kryptonians” who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries. And since Kryptonians are produced without any “He’n and She’n” – Jor El and Lara excluded – couldn’t this original Kryptonian on Earth have used this reproductive science to create an all-female race? I say yes!

“Bill, do you think BvS is too crowded? Could it collapse under its own weight?”

JETT SAYS: I’ve learned not to assume a film is “crowded” based on the number of characters included. Was THE DARK KNIGHT or THE DARK KNIGHT RISES too crowded? I’ve been told that BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN – or whatever it ends up being titled – is truly a Superman film. The film’s bad guys are Superman villains and Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel/Clark Kent is the main character. Of course, Batfleck will play a major role in the movie; but I suspect that one of the main reasons for Batman’s inclusion is to establish a new “DCU on Film Batman” and set up future solo Bat-flicks. Same goes for Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman – though I think her role is much smaller than BA’s Batman.
Thoughts?

For me, I'm not a fan of turning the Amazons into a Kryptonian offshoot race, so does that also mean Aquaman's a Kryptonian offshoot as well and that's how they're going to handle all the Earth bound superhumans?

It's also good to know that this film will probably not feel as crowded as we thought and Wondy will probably get to showcase herself well.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Also, #GiveUsMoreLegends

Last edited by smallville fan; 01-04-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #504
regwec
Shakespearo

You have mis-titled that- those are just a fan's opinions, and not news.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #505
kalelinri
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post

Thoughts?

For me, I'm not a fan of turning the Amazons into a Kryptonian offshoot race, so does that also mean Aquaman's a Kryptonian offshoot as well and that's how they're going to handle all the Earth bound superhumans?

It's also good to know that this film will probably not feel as crowded as we thought and Wondy will probably get to showcase herself well.

If the amazonian's origins were explained that they came from an ancient alien race (not Kryptonians, or just explained that Greek G-ds were ancient aliens) would you guys still have a problem with that? Just curious.

But I understand the apprehensions, and at first i liked the idea (that 20,000 years ago Kryptonians were ancient g-d from mythology, and just left) maybe now, not so much.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #506
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalelinri View Post
If the amazonian's origins were explained that they came from an ancient alien race (not Kryptonians, or just explained that Greek G-ds were ancient aliens) would you guys still have a problem with that? Just curious.

But I understand the apprehensions, and at first i liked the idea (that 20,000 years ago Kryptonians were ancient g-d from mythology, and just left) maybe now, not so much.
Yes I would be pissed to say the least. Why can't we have magic in this universe.

:o
Old 01-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #507
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
You have mis-titled that- those are just a fan's opinions, and not news.
Tell that to superheromoviesnews.com

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Also, #GiveUsMoreLegends
Old 01-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #508
regwec
Shakespearo

I have never heard of them, and won't bother to visit a site that considers Jett's ******** opinions to be news.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #509
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I only trust the hype when it comes to news. The hype gets to the truth eventually.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #510
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

That's a pretty shoddy-looking site. And just a quick look at their Twitter shows that they get some flack for just copying other sites' articles without attribution. Not the most credible of places to go for news.

Twitter: SlackBrian

H.E.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #511
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

But it's been around for about 16 years.

I feel like I am looking at the ruins of a great website when I go there :/

Old 01-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #512
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

I've been around for 26 years, and I wouldn't trust me either.

H.E.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #513
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalelinri View Post

It would be better if the Amazonians came from another alien race. It makes the universe small to imply that Krypton is the only species in the cosmos that ever developed any kind of superpowers.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #514
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

Also, the whole "advanced alien race that were perceived as Gods" thing is way too close to Thor. I would prefer a straight magical explanation. Makes Wonder Woman more unique. I don't know why people hate the magic angle so much.

H.E.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #515
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackBrian View Post
Also, the whole "advanced alien race that were perceived as Gods" thing is way too close to Thor. I would prefer a straight magical explanation. Makes Wonder Woman more unique. I don't know why people hate the magic angle so much.
In our culture of BS, pseudoscience is considered more "realistic" than magic.

ETA: Would "explaining" wonder woman as a decedent of Kryptonians be equivalent to "explaining" the force as being due to midichlorions?

Old 01-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #516
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

Goddamn Star Trek. This is technobabble's fault somehow. Have Leonard Nimoy killed.

H.E.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #517
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
It would be better if the Amazonians came from another alien race. It makes the universe small to imply that Krypton is the only species in the cosmos that ever developed any kind of superpowers.
But it doesn't imply that about the cosmos, only the breadth of meta's that are Amazons....
When the flash and hawkman and possible GL are proven to be krptonians, you'd make ground on this cosmos idea.

I care little on the matter tbh, either way has it's objectives strengths and opportunities. Reminds me of what goyer did to vampires in blade and bane in tdk trilogy. Strengths and weaknesses.

that being said, rumors will be rumors.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #518
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
That would still be terrible, but at least she's not a Superman related character that way.

And aside form the disservice done to Wonder Woman, this would indicate that WB is still nervous about expanding their DC properties. Many DC characters are magic based. A lot of them, in my opinion, are the best ones they have. It would be foolish of them to shy away from magic.

Last edited by Xandrea; 01-04-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #519
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackBrian View Post
That's a pretty shoddy-looking site. And just a quick look at their Twitter shows that they get some flack for just copying other sites' articles without attribution. Not the most credible of places to go for news.
I've known that for the past 3 or so years.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #520
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

Are we still talking about superheromoviesnews.com? Because that's what I was talking about. Today's the first I've ever heard of that site, and obviously for good reason.

H.E.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #521
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

I was kinda referring to both BOF and SHMN haha.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:25 PM   #522
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

BoF I've seen before. But I've never really given it any consideration. I don't care for rumours or gossip regarding a film's plot. There's only two possible outcomes there. Either you get fed crap that ends up way off, or you spoil the film for yourself. No good comes from that.

H.E.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #523
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:

Thoughts?

ever since reading that mos sequel comic, i think the ancient alien angle would be a possibility. it would make kara like 15, 000 years old.

I'm not so sure about everything else, but i suppose the people who though this film would be a cluster**** can rest easy.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #524
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
They can't get rid of her mythology and give Wonder Woman her own movie.

Also, Jett's ideas about the Amazons being descended from Kryptonian explorers doesn't make sense anyway. The only Kryptonian on earth before Clark was Kara. She left the her ship abandoned so she couldn't have used it to breed a female race. And if she had kids the old fashioned way, would she and her descendants really be enough for a whole race of only women?

Old 01-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #525
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I have to admit I don't hate this idea as much as some. So I probably wouldn't throw a fit if it was true.

But...I don't believe it yet since I have no faith in the source of this info.

Closed Thread