The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #476
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
The guy has contacts in WBs is friends with Michael Uslan producer of the Batman films.

As for all that he's admitted he purposely put if some false info on WBs behalf. Also he never convinced people Bale would be Batman again all he said was there were talks and only an idiot would not believe that WBs tried to get Bale & Nolan back.
Contacts? Mhmm. Sure he does. And false info is a convenient excuse isn't it? How do we knew these hunches of his aren't" false info" now?

Old 01-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #477
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrea View Post
contacts? Mhmm. Sure he does. And false info is a convenient excuse isn't it? How do we knew these hunches of his aren't" false info" now?
He is friends with Michael Uslan producer of the batman films and an executive producer on Superman Batman, well known facts.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #478
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

you'd be a fool to believe any of them.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #479
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
you'd be a fool to believe any of them.
I don't get why people doubt Jett tbh.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #480
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Jett is well Jett I am sorry but if any superman fan can explain why Gotham is a huge part of the film yet no batman villains show up are they all on vacation?

Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #481
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't get why people doubt Jett tbh.
Because he's a liar. Most of the claims he makes turn out to be false. The ones that turn out to be true can usually be guessed by anyone.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #482
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Jett's only contact is Uslan, who himself isn't involved in the daily process of the Batman franchise. Has a producer title, gets a check for every new film and that's about it. Who wouldn't want that gig?

Old 01-04-2014, 04:02 PM   #483
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
He is friends with Michael Uslan producer of the batman films and an executive producer on Superman Batman, well known facts.
1. I think "friends" is a strong word.

2. Sources or not, and "in the know" or not, doesn't mean he's right.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #484
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Jett's only contact is Uslan, who himself isn't involved in the daily process of the Batman franchise. Has a producer title, gets a check for every new film and that's about it. Who wouldn't want that gig?
Exactly.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #485
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
What did they want in watchmen?

I also think that movie is underrated. I quite enjoy it. Even Ackerman. Everyone makes it out like her performance is the worst thing ever. It's really not. Sure she wasn't Haley as Rorschach good, but still.
For whatever reason, critics and fans love to **** on the performances of the female leads in a lot of superhero films. I think that's really unfair, particularly since often the actress is relegated to playing the thankless role of "love interest". The only time I really agreed with those criticisms was with Katie Holmes in BB and Kate Bosworth in SR.

Personally, I thought Ackerman more than held her own with the rest of the Watchmen cast and never understood the criticisms against her.

As for Jett, I would take anything he says with a grain of salt. I see him kind of the same way I see Harry Knowles -- the fanboy creator of a popular genre website who deludes himself that he's part of the Hollywood "in-crowd" just because he's met a few bigwigs and gotten some free stuff, when really the studios are using him much as they would any other source of free publicity.

Jett is no better than El Maybe when it comes to the rumours he spreads, and everything he says in that interview smacks of guesswork and speculation. I sure as hell hope that they're not going to water down Wonder Woman's origins by making her a Superman-related character.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 01-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #486
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandrea View Post
Since when? This guy claimed that there was no way Affleck would play Batman, was absolutely sure Black Mask and Hugo Strange would be in TDKR, and convinced people that Bale would be Batman again.
Is that true? Didn't know that.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:10 PM   #487
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Is that true? Didn't know that.
The Hugo Strange and Black Mask rumors came from Jett. I think even Hugo Strange was thrown in there.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #488
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Personally, I thought Ackerman more than held her own with the rest of the Watchmen cast and never understood the criticisms against her.
I was rewatching Watchmen the other day and while I do think she was the weakest of the cast, I still thought she did fine.

Dats dat.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #489
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Whatever, I don't doubt him, he's known plenty in the past. People forget he knew Hardy was playing Bane before he was announced.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #490
SingItWithMeNow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
The Hugo Strange and Black Mask rumors came from Jett. I think even Hugo Strange was thrown in there.
But then he went on to say he knew hardy was bane the whole time and threw in hugo strange as a form of misdirection... After the official announcment of course ...

300Rise of an Empire|Captain America The Winter Soldier|The Amazing SpiderMan 2|Godzilla|X-MenDays of Future Past|TransformersAge of Extinction|Dawn of the Planet of the Apes|Guardians of the Galaxy|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Old 01-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #491
SingItWithMeNow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whatever, I don't doubt him, he's known plenty in the past. People forget he knew Hardy was playing Bane before he was announced.
According to only himself

300Rise of an Empire|Captain America The Winter Soldier|The Amazing SpiderMan 2|Godzilla|X-MenDays of Future Past|TransformersAge of Extinction|Dawn of the Planet of the Apes|Guardians of the Galaxy|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Old 01-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #492
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
Did I even say anything like that?
He probably meant to answer my post about the whole justice league torturing and killing Superman. Which clearly was a joke

Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #493
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
For whatever reason, critics and fans love to **** on the performances of the female leads in a lot of superhero films. I think that's really unfair, particularly since often the actress is relegated to playing the thankless role of "love interest". The only time I really agreed with those criticisms was with Katie Holmes in BB and Kate Bosworth in SR.

As for Jett, I would take anything he says with a grain of salt. I see him kind of the same way I see Harry Knowles -- the fanboy creator of a popular genre website who deludes himself that he's part of the Hollywood "in-crowd" just because he's met a few bigwigs and gotten some free stuff, when really the studios are using him much as they would any other source of free publicity.

Jett is no better than El Maybe when it comes to the rumours he spreads, and everything he says in that interview smacks of guesswork and speculation. I sure as hell hope that they're not going to water down Wonder Woman's origins by making her a Superman-related character.
I don't even hate Holmes's performance. I thought that she was fine in that role. The problem is that she's in a movie with people like Bale, Oldman, Caine, Neeson, Freeman, Wilkinson, etc. These are some of the greatest actors who have ever lived, and they were all bringing their A-games. She was fine, but everyone around her was so fantastic that she stuck out. I just think that Bosworth was miscast. I've liked her in other movies, but she was way too young, and LOOKED way too young, to play Lois, especially since her Lois was supposed to be Margot Kidder's Lois, only five years older. It was really distracting and the fact that Lois was terribly written in SR and her performance was rather wooden didn't help matters.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #494
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingItWithMeNow View Post
But then he went on to say he knew hardy was bane the whole time and threw in hugo strange as a form of misdirection... After the official announcment of course ...
Oh now I remember that fully.

Dats dat.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #495
TerryMcGinnis
Batman Beyond

I hope the guy is wrong on quite a few of his points as far as Affleck's Batman goes, because I don't like the sound of it, not in the least.

I cringed and shuddered as soon as I read "Bat-armor". I don't like the idea of Batman using armor, at all. It was used in Batman Beyond in one episode, for a few minutes, in some very dire straits, where Bruce couldn't afford to risk anything, facing off against Inque, and he was running the very real danger of having a heart attack due to overexertion. Those few scenes are memorable primarily because after 10 episodes of the show, we finally saw a glimpse of Bruce in action as Batman again, with the B:TAS theme playing in the background, not because of the armor. Arguably, it would have been even more epic if he wore his regular batsuit.

And I really don't think that Batman Beyond's Bruce (or Kingdom Come, or TDKR) should be an influence on how they're looking to bring the character across in this movie. Not if he's supposed to be concurrent with Superman in his prime.

But that all comes back to their whole "older, wiser and weary" angle, which is not my cup of tea at all, especially in the context that they've established with Man of Steel.

I love me some old, cranky (crankier than usual I should say) Bruce/Batman as much as the next guy, but I'm not too optimistic about how that would work in MOS' world with a 30-something Superman.

Last edited by TerryMcGinnis; 01-04-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #496
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Really? Didn't know that either. Do you have a link to where he announced it first?

Old 01-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #497
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I can't stand Jett never have been able to but I can at least admit he has been right about a few things here and there, are all sources always right? No and sometimes they get things wrong, I'll take any rumor with a grain of salt no matter who it is but none of us technically know for sure if Jett is wrong or not.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 01-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #498
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I can't stand Jett never have been able to but I can at least admit he has been right about a few things here and there, are all sources always right? No and sometimes they get things wrong, I'll take any rumor with a grain of salt no matter who it is but none of us technically know for sure if Jett is wrong or not.
I wouldn't take all rumors with a grain of salt, not if the rumor comes from a very reliable and trusted source. Not saying Jett is, but I'm saying other sources out there. But if a rumor comes from a very reliable trusted source, I'd be more inclined to believe them obviously.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.

Last edited by Broseph44; 01-04-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #499
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Amazons to be descendent from 20,000 years old kryptonians/another alien race??

Bill "Jett" Ramey said this interesting theory that may be represented on this new universe:
Quote:
the “Amazons” of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those “ancient Kryptonians” who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries. And since Kryptonians are produced without any “He’n and She’n” – Jor El and Lara excluded – couldn’t this original Kryptonian on Earth have used this reproductive science to create an all-female race? I say yes!
I think this has pretty good potential maybe to be ancient aliens (not necessarily kryptonian) but that pretty much is a good one if you ask me.

Last edited by John-An; 01-04-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #500
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Default Re: Amazons to be descendent from 20,000 years old kryptonians/another alien race??

Ugh you really started a thread for this? The whole Jett thing was already mentioned in the open discussion thread. And it seems like it's mostly just his own speculation nothing concrete.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Closed Thread