The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 12-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #126
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Was. That's the operative word. As soon as I read that they were bringing Mike Peterson back I predicted he'd be killed and it looks like I'm right. It could turn out that he survived somehow but I'm so damned used to Black characters buying it that I won't bet on any last-minute miracles. More importantly, the producers made a beeline for the cliche without even blinking.
Or, and here's just a thought: the producers and writers know damn well that the cliche is cliche, and just wanted people to jump to the same conclusion that you did...."black guy dies first." And they have every intention of bringing him back in the next episode, alive and well, to subvert the trope.

Yes, the writers of the show aren't Shakespeare. But I've got enough faith in them to believe that they wouldn't be as stupid and stuck-in-the-80s enough to fall for the stereotype. If they really wanted to kill Peterson, they would've at least given him a hero's self-eulogy and let him say goodbye to his kid.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #127
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Yea, I'm willing to bet a million internet dollars, um, rupees that Peterson's down, but not out.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #128
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
Now that we know that he is in the film, War Machine is now number one on the death list.
Yeah, if I was Don Cheadle, I'd be nervous about now. I don't see them killing any main Avengers. But killing Rhodey? Especially if Tony builds Ultron as a way to torture his creator? I can see it.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #129
Loki882
Side-Kick

If Whedon does that, then I'd be extremely disappointed in him.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #130
Dasher10
Side-Kick

What if Pepper dies? For instance, Ultron develops a fixation on Pepper and then realizes that they can never be together and she doesn't want him anyway since he's a machine so Ultron kills Pepper out of jealousy.

Queue Rumiko appearing after Phase 3.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #131
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
What if Pepper dies? For instance, Ultron develops a fixation on Pepper and then realizes that they can never be together and she doesn't want him anyway since he's a machine so Ultron kills Pepper out of jealousy.

Queue Rumiko appearing after Phase 3.
Pepper won't be in this movie. If Ultron kills her, it will be offscreen.

AvengerPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #132
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Sigh. The obsession with killing off Pepper. . . you do realize that if Pepper did die, Tony would spiral into self destruction in about a week, right?

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #133
Loki882
Side-Kick

Plus, it'd be EVEN MORE of a cliché. "Women in Refrigerators" anyone?

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #134
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

they could reenact the beginning of Scream, with Ultron calling and Pepper playing the Drew Barrymore part.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #135
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Plus, it'd be EVEN MORE of a cliché. "Women in Refrigerators" anyone?
I think there are fanboys who are really, really offended that Tony isn't a swinging single, with a new girlfriend hanging off each arm every scene.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #136
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I think there are fanboys who are really, really offended that Tony isn't a swinging single, with a new girlfriend hanging off each arm every scene.
Tony has always been more of a serial monogamist, anyway. He has a string of girlfriends he was with for a time before moving on. (Or in Rumiko's case, having one of his enemies "fridge" her.)

Whenever Marvel gets around to recasting the role they can pull in some of Tony's other girlfriends from the comics. Whitney Frost, Bethany Cabe, even Rumiko (I never liked her) are possibilities.

As for Ultron, he never murdered Jan Van Dyne but he did copy her so maybe he will build Jocasta in Pepper's likeness. That would be hilarious because all the Pepper haterz would have to deal with two of her onscreen.

Last edited by xeno000; 12-28-2013 at 11:34 PM. Reason: The 'P' in Pepper
xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:34 PM   #137
NewYorkSpider
Heart Of Steel

I can't see them killing anyone off.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #138
Six
Nikolaj CW 4 Dr Strange!!

I was thinking they were going to kill of Tony but I think they'll save that for the third movie. To hell with the recasting bull*****.

Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #139
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
I was thinking they were going to kill of Tony but I think they'll save that for the third movie. To hell with the recasting bull*****.
This! Either resign RDJ or kill him off. Having him go out killing Thanos is fine by me. If they do resign him kill of Evans if they can't resign him and have Stan/Bucky become Captain America.

KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #140
Six

Exactly. Iron Man is a great character but do they really need to keep pumping movies out every 2 years? Give him a break for a few years until all the actors in the MCU are done and then restart with entirely different actors.

Having Iron Man die in number 3 would be extremely beneficial, it would tug at heartstrings, it would show how formidable the villain is, and it prevents a recast. I think Marvel has enough sense and enough guts to do it, at least I hope they do.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #141
Octavias
Mad Insomniac

Im going with Fury. Makes sense in as much as im not sure how much SLJ will want to continue the role in every movie and they already have Maria Hill in the wings...

Also I think its likely the Hulk leaves the team in this one, but im not sure it will be a death... though they could "kill" banner and have 24/7 hulk

Old 01-04-2014, 10:35 PM   #142
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

You know, I've been wondering about the Hulk. In the comics he's a founding member, but he split after dealing with Loki, and has never been important to the Avengers until recently. Personally I wouldn't mind something happening and Hulk/Banner walking away. It'd be a good homage to the comics and open up another potential roster spot. However after how well received his appearance was in the Avengers, I think its pretty safe to say that the jade giant is stickin around.

As far as who I think is gonna bite it, my money is on Fury and his fake death/LMD trick. It sets up Hill to become director and would create all sorts of tension in future movies. Plus it's classic Fury.

Terror Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #143
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Exactly. Iron Man is a great character but do they really need to keep pumping movies out every 2 years? Give him a break for a few years until all the actors in the MCU are done and then restart with entirely different actors.

Having Iron Man die in number 3 would be extremely beneficial, it would tug at heartstrings, it would show how formidable the villain is, and it prevents a recast. I think Marvel has enough sense and enough guts to do it, at least I hope they do.
Give him a break...like no Iron Man 4 until after Avengers type break? Remember, RDJ is only in A2 and A3 now. We are not getting IM4 until after A3. I think that is a fair break between Iron Man films (regardless if the character was in another film series).

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #144
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Inc. View Post
You know, I've been wondering about the Hulk. In the comics he's a founding member, but he split after dealing with Loki, and has never been important to the Avengers until recently. Personally I wouldn't mind something happening and Hulk/Banner walking away. It'd be a good homage to the comics and open up another potential roster spot. However after how well received his appearance was in the Avengers, I think its pretty safe to say that the jade giant is stickin around.

As far as who I think is gonna bite it, my money is on Fury and his fake death/LMD trick. It sets up Hill to become director and would create all sorts of tension in future movies. Plus it's classic Fury.

I agree. SLJ would tug at the heart strings the most. He brought them together, now they have to carry on without him.

I mean, Hawkeye is the easy kill since he'll probably never get his own film, he has too much overlap in skills with Captain America and Black Widow and outside of The Avengers, he only had a tiny bit part in Thor. Based on what we know so far, it probably won't be Hulk or Thor from Lou Ferrigno's comments and the cliffhanger in Thor 2, respectively. Robert Downey Jr being contracted for Avengers 3 means that he probably won't die.

Chris Evans also has one more film on his contract so while it may be possible for him to die, it probably won't be here. War Machine and Black Widow could bit it but killing the first black or female member of The Avengers could cause a backlash and it's way too obvious.

Scarlet Witch is a very important member of the team so it's probably not her but Quicksilver has always been far more important to the X-Men than the Avengers unless we're talking about the Ultimate universe. Quciksilver may perish to get scarlet Witch to join The Avengers so she can gain revenge on Ultron so he and Nick Fury are the two most obvious choices. One furthers the plot, the other tugs on the heartstrings.

As far as killing the big major characters goes, that should be saved for part 3 when Thanos can go on a massive rampage and murder most of the cast. Granted, by that point, it'll be okay since they all return to life at the end.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #145
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Give him a break...like no Iron Man 4 until after Avengers type break? Remember, RDJ is only in A2 and A3 now. We are not getting IM4 until after A3. I think that is a fair break between Iron Man films (regardless if the character was in another film series).
RDJ is only signed on for A2 and A3. I doubt there will be a 4th Iron Man, with downey at least. So give the character a break, as in like a decade break or so at least, so people aren't overexposed to him

Old 01-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #146
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
RDJ is only signed on for A2 and A3. I doubt there will be a 4th Iron Man, with downey at least. So give the character a break, as in like a decade break or so at least, so people aren't overexposed to him
Does no solo films until at least 2019 count as a break? After Avengers 3, it's fair to recast Downey.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:27 AM   #147
superhero
Side-Kick

my pick would be ironman if you watch the ending of ironman he doesn't wont to be iron man any more then in the movie Robert wasn't in his IRONMAN suit for the whole movie. I don't think Robert Downey, Jr wont to play ironman any more then their bring in war machine so I think ironman would get replaced with war machine. my pick would be ironman or hawk eye. I never carried for Black Widow too much I can see hawk eye o r Black Widow also might die in the AGVENERS 2

superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #148
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

what

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #149
Huddsy
Side-Kick

English.

Huddsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #150
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

Honestly I don't think any of the Heroes are going to die. The fan up-rage would go through the roof. I think Joss has enough respect for the source material than to just kill off an Avenger. But a made up character, or someone known for faking a death? Absolutely.

Terror Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote