The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 10-01-2013, 04:05 AM   #1
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Default Agent 13

Because the love interest thread now seems no longer relevant. And someone was asking why she doesn't have her own thread.

EVC did an interview for Fandango. Not much info, but it seems she'll wear a SHIELD catsuit.

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Default Re: Agent 13

I like that Sharon will be introduced in this film, but not thrown into being Cap's love interest instead she'll be introduced and then in the following film she'll be featured more prominently.

If she doesn't wear the White Catsuit this time around, I'm sure she will in the sequel film.

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I'm just looking forward to see Revenge girl Emily VanCamp on action!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I like that Sharon will be introduced in this film, but not thrown into being Cap's love interest instead she'll be introduced and then in the following film she'll be featured more prominently.
I agree with not making Sharon the love interest right away, but it bugs me that her role is only an introduction.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

It makes sense since Peggy is alive . Steve & Peggy need to have their closure before Sharon takes her rightful place by Cap's side as his leading lady .

Old 11-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
It makes sense since Peggy is alive . Steve & Peggy need to have their closure before Sharon takes her rightful place by Cap's side as his leading lady .
Marvel has a history of changing the love interests in the MCU from the comic book universe, so perhaps Sharon isn't going to be Steve's girlfriend. Tony Stark is still with Pepper Potts, who is Happy Hogan's wife in the comics. Thor has been with Jane Foster thus far and ignored Odin's urging to take up with Sif. It is entirely possible that Steve Rogers will never so much as look at Sharon Carter in the films.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Except Peggy isn't the leading lady anymore, so I really don't get it.

Don't want Steve to go directly from being in love with Peggy to romancing Sharon? Completely understandable.

Have Sharon play a very small part, even though the movie has a heavy SHIELD presence and you plan to go down that road with Sharon? I don't understand it at all.

I don't understand what would be wrong with Steve having a completely platonic partnership with a woman who happens to be related to a woman he used to love.

Which makes me doubt them actually wanting to go down that road, and if so, what are their plans for Sharon.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I guess but it seems that Black Widow will be the main girl in Winter Solider so far. Sharon will be introduced but will probably play second fiddle to Natasha & Peggy.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess but it seems that Black Widow will be the main girl in Winter Solider so far. Sharon will be introduced but will probably play second fiddle to Natasha & Peggy.
I don't think Sharon will be second fiddle to Peggy, at least in terms of screentime.

Natasha is certainly the second main character in the movie, and much is made about her connection to Cap, so it's a safe bet that -baring some plot twists- she'll be the leading lady of future Cap movies as well.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I don't think Sharon will be second fiddle to Peggy, at least in terms of screentime.

Natasha is certainly the second main character in the movie, and much is made about her connection to Cap, so it's a safe bet that -baring some plot twists- she'll be the leading lady of future Cap movies as well.
I hope not, I don't want Natasha with Rogers, besides I think she'll end up with Bucky.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

She was looking mean in that 5 min clip. I wonder....

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Quote:
Except Peggy isn't the leading lady anymore, so I really don't get it.

Don't want Steve to go directly from being in love with Peggy to romancing Sharon? Completely understandable.

Have Sharon play a very small part, even though the movie has a heavy SHIELD presence and you plan to go down that road with Sharon? I don't understand it at all.

I don't understand what would be wrong with Steve having a completely platonic partnership with a woman who happens to be related to a woman he used to love.

Which makes me doubt them actually wanting to go down that road, and if so, what are their plans for Sharon.
When Peggy and Steve get their closure, it will be them having that dance that Steve promised before he crashed and awoke from his 70 year sleep at the end of the first movie.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

I wonder if the get see Sharon in white.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
diabolicalbits

So the Natasha/Steve kiss will be just a part of some scheme?

diabolicalbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
Loki882
Side-Kick

We don't know. Both Evans and Scarjo have said that Cap/BW will become closer, and Scarjo describes their dynamic as an "intimate friendship." Whether that's a comradeship, a romantic/sexual relationship, or a little bit of both, we don't know. I also want to see Sharon in her white jumpsuit (it would contrast nicely to Natasha's black one), but I could also settle for the silver/grey one that she wore in Secret Avengers. This one:

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #16
speno94
Side-Kick

I am actually glad that they seem just to be introducing Sharon in this film because it allows the film to bring closure to the Peggy/Steve relationship properly, so I think Peggy will still be the 'love interest' in the film but she has obviously changed, so by the end of the film, you start to see hints of the new Cap/Sharon relationship for the sequels. I don't think Cap and Sharon will 'kiss' in this film or actually get together, but you will get strong hints that they will in sequels.

Steve has too much unfinished business with the past which the audience is waiting to see resolved, so to begin any new relationships will end up being rushed and a mistake.

As for Natasha, I REALLY hope she isn't a love interest for Cap and are JUST friends and work/field partners with a fun friendly banter and that set photo of them kissing is most probably just part of a scheme or something on a mission.

Also I think Falcon is Cap's modern day sidekick and not Natasha all that much, so I hope in future films she not going to take over the screen time from Falcon and Black Widow becomes the secondary sidekick character in all the future Cap films.

Last edited by speno94; 01-05-2014 at 10:51 PM.
speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #17
Suzanne78
The Winter Smolder

Quote:
Originally Posted by speno94 View Post
I am actually glad that they seem just to be introducing Sharon in this film because it allows the film to bring closure to the Peggy/Steve relationship properly, so I think Peggy will still be the 'love interest' in the film but she has obviously changed, so by the end of the film, you start to see hints of the new Cap/Sharon relationship for the sequels. I don't think Cap and Sharon will 'kiss' in this film or actually get together, but you will get strong hints that they will in sequels.

Steve has too much unfinished business with the past which the audience is waiting to see resolved, so to begin any new relationships will end up being rushed and a mistake.

As for Natasha, I REALLY hope she isn't a love interest for Cap and are JUST friends and work/field partners with a fun friendly banter and that set photo of them kissing is most probably just part of a scheme or something on a mission.

Also I think Falcon is Cap's modern day sidekick and not Natasha all that much, so I hope in future films she not going to take over the screen time from Falcon and Black Widow becomes the secondary sidekick character in all the future Cap films.
This is kind of what I'm thinking too, and I'm actually for taking Sharon Carter in this film and slowly developing her as a character in her own right. I don't really see BW's role taking over hers in this movie; as far as I'm concerned Widow is a major character in the MCU and should actually have her own movie, but is pretty much sharing the lead with Steve in this one for reasons that will likely become clearer the closer we are to the release of this movie (i.e. her past with Bucky). Sharon should be introduced, slowly and surely, and maybe focus on her own relationship with SHIELD and Peggy before going full bore into a relationship with Steve.

I agree that I really want to see Steve and Peggy's relationship and how it develops in this movie, as well as Steve dealing with his past, which is pretty much the entire movie in a nutshell.

For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."

--Chewy
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:00 AM   #18
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I kind of hope there will be no love interest for Steve in CATFW. It would be nice for the female characters not to be automatically used as a plot device for the male lead.

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:12 AM   #19
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

I don't gets this mindset at all.

Less screentime is never beneficial to any character's development.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:54 AM   #20
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Is it wrong that I rather there be more time devoted to the Cap/Falcon bromance than to anything else being discussed here?

Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #21
speno94
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post
Is it wrong that I rather there be more time devoted to the Cap/Falcon bromance than to anything else being discussed here?
That's why in some ways I wish Black Widow wasn't the main secondary character, but instead Falcon was. But I understand why they did it because having Natasha as the main supporting character helps bridge Avengers more and with Scarlett Johansson's star profile etc which I am fine with because she is also linked to Winter Soldier.

But I hope Black Widow doesn't detract too much time from the Cap/Falcon screen time in this film and future sequels.

speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #22
Loki882
Side-Kick

No, Black Widow is the co-lead because it fits into the themes of the movie, and because the Winter Soldier is in the movie.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #23
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post
Ditto! Reason why I love Avengers so much, no forced cliche love interest.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #24
Suzanne78
The Winter Smolder

Quote:
I don't gets this mindset at all.

Less screentime is never beneficial to any character's development.
Well truth is we know nothing about the actual screen time for Sharon in the movie. It may surprise all of us.

So long as the writing's there and EVC's given a chance to make Sharon a memorable personality, I'm good even if she's not co-lead.

For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."

--Chewy

Last edited by Suzanne78; 01-06-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #25
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I'm not expecting much more than a glorified cameo really. Van Camp already said it's really a small role setting her up for later appearances.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote