The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 12-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #426
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: "Look upon the future and tremble!": The Official Apocalypse Thread

A comic tie in wouldn't surprise me. The Dark World had one. Star Trek 09 had one. (I think SR might have had one too but I'm not positive on that one).

Old 12-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #427
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
A comic tie in wouldn't surprise me. The Dark World had one. Star Trek 09 had one. (I think SR might have had one too but I'm not positive on that one).
The first two X-Films had them and I'd personally love to see tie in comics. I still have my X1 ones. But I don't think so, tie-ins and merchandise haven't been good the last few films and I see that trend continuing with DOFP.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #428
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

For DOFP to have comic tiein would mean marvel would be willing to do something to help DOFP to be a success.Something that haven't done since DIsney bought Marvel.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #429
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i very much doubt marvel are willing to help DOFP, in the long run they would probably rather fox gave X-men back to them

unless its just for merchandising

Old 12-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #430
Big V
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i very much doubt marvel are willing to help DOFP, in the long run they would probably rather fox gave X-men back to them

unless its just for merchandising
There is NO WAY X-Men could tank enough at this point for Fox just to relinquish the rights. Marvel will have to buy them back, if they ever want them. So unless they would refuse to help just to try to make those right lower in value for when they buy them back, Marvel can only benefit by trying to help DOFP. Three reasons: 1) X-Men = Marvel, and Marvel can make a lot of $ themselves if X-Men rise in popularity, separate from the Box Office (the reverse of this is if Fox blows it, the X-Men are a less lucrative brand for Marvel); 2) There is talk about cross-overs between studios, which, if it ever happened, Marvel would want the best X-Men product out there to increase the cross-over benefit; and 3) Rising tides lift all ships. It is good for everyone involved, particularly Marvel, if DOFP succeeds. It will continue the success of superhero movies (good for Marvel), it will continue the success of Marvel characters (good for Marvel), and it will increase the $$ Marvel could get by licensing other characters, since Marvel could point to properties like X-Men and say "See, Fox is making bank on that, pay us for this other superhero".

Bottomline: You are wrong, IMO, Marvel has (almost) every reason to be rooting for X-Men to succeed.

Big V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #431
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big V View Post
There is NO WAY X-Men could tank enough at this point for Fox just to relinquish the rights. Marvel will have to buy them back, if they ever want them. So unless they would refuse to help just to try to make those right lower in value for when they buy them back, Marvel can only benefit by trying to help DOFP. Three reasons: 1) X-Men = Marvel, and Marvel can make a lot of $ themselves if X-Men rise in popularity, separate from the Box Office (the reverse of this is if Fox blows it, the X-Men are a less lucrative brand for Marvel); 2) There is talk about cross-overs between studios, which, if it ever happened, Marvel would want the best X-Men product out there to increase the cross-over benefit; and 3) Rising tides lift all ships. It is good for everyone involved, particularly Marvel, if DOFP succeeds. It will continue the success of superhero movies (good for Marvel), it will continue the success of Marvel characters (good for Marvel), and it will increase the $$ Marvel could get by licensing other characters, since Marvel could point to properties like X-Men and say "See, Fox is making bank on that, pay us for this other superhero".

Bottomline: You are wrong, IMO, Marvel has (almost) every reason to be rooting for X-Men to succeed.
fair enough

Old 12-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #432
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
The first two X-Films had them and I'd personally love to see tie in comics. I still have my X1 ones. But I don't think so, tie-ins and merchandise haven't been good the last few films and I see that trend continuing with DOFP.
The first films tie-ins seems to no longer be canon, Rogue's was contradicted in the film itself, Wolverine's was contradicted in The Wolverine, and Magneto's in X-Men: First Class. Though X-Men 2's prequels still to remain in canon, so does X-Men III: the vídeo game, and both kind of fill in certain parts from the films, like Logan and Sabretooth being connected as well as Nightcrawler's fate.

I also like to think that the future events from the X-Men Origins: Wolverine vídeo game take place in the negative future from Days of Future Past, and that the flashbacks in the game are him remembering his past, but with a few elements being mixed up due to his bad memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #433
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

the X-men 3 game was very lazy when you think you could only play as 3 characters

Old 12-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #434
martindp1
Side-Kick

i doubt the DOFP tie in comic comes out next year.. marvel is already releasing
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...no-more-665037

martindp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #435
xrs13
Cold as ice

I will post this in here too just cos
Right, go with me on this because it could be confusing and I may confuse myself.

Say they wanted to combine casts again (Which is very possible), Perhaps Apoc is traveling through time to collect the twelve?

This could mean that he goes to the OT group to get Storm, Bishop, Iceman and possibly Scarlet witch if they want to introduce her properly. Also rogue who he may want to use to combine all the powers, which could be why she isnt in DOFP any more because they may have liked the idea of her being the catalyst and decided to move her into the next film.

Go to the past to get Magneto at his strongest, Xavier, Mystique (for the fact her shape shifting abilities mean he can steal all of the power and shape into what he wants :S) and maybe A young Cyclops and Jean (Uncaged by Xavier)

Got to X-Force for Cable

And obviously wolverine because he is the only one who can withstand the entire process so he wants his abilities too? hahaha

I think that would be cool, Then maybe have Xavier, Storm, Magneto and Mystique become the four horsemen, X-men evolution style... I think that would be AWESOME...
thats just me anyway haha

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #436
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Its not a bad idea but it would look like it took Apocalypse a loooooooong time to gather his twelve mutants. And I would like to see Polaris as one of the new faces in the movie or one of the 12.

The way I see it, they could start the Apocalypse story in the 80s with the FC characters and it will act as the flashback/origin story to Apocalypse. Then the next chapter jumps to the modern-day world where the OT cast belongs to and its where the big/epic battle happens.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #437
kasjan
Side-Kick

If he goes for Scarlet, then to past not OT, she's Pietro's twin sister.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote