The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 01-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #301
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I think synder has a super difficult job to plead both superman n batman fans. He can't even plead the superman fans alone.
In some ways, though Batman fans are MUCH easier to please.

Give him the costume, don't have him kill, preferably make him a detective/good fighter, and that's pretty much it

Superman can't fight in urban areas (resulting in inevitable chaos), make mistakes, or even ACT SERIOUS without being criticized.

Batman has so much more leeway.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #302
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Maybe Lex is just that good?

So you're saying they shouldn't fight? Or that you're in favor of something like mind control?
Lex is good, sure. But, I highly doubt he could come up with something good enough to convince Batman that Superman is a villain.

I don't want them to fight and if they do, mind control of some sort is the only thing that makes sense without making the characters look like idiots, immature, or hot tempered to me.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #303
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I never understood why they fought in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel. It just seemed so random to me.
I liked that, Batman was clearly testing him, its strategy. Although tbh that wasn't my point just thats the way I think the fight should go.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #304
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Lex is good, sure. But, I highly doubt he could come up with something good enough to convince Batman that Superman is a villain.

I don't want them to fight and if they do, mind control of some sort is the only thing that makes sense without making the characters look like idiots, immature, or hot tempered to me.
I don't want them to look immature, either, so I agree with that.

But there has to be a way to do this without mind control. I just find that so uninteresting. Superman wouldn't even be himself. He would just be a vehicle for someone else and Batman would be fighting that someone else in that case.

MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #305
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I liked that, Batman was clearly testing him, its strategy. Although tbh that wasn't my point just thats the way I think the fight should go.
How was he testing him? Did I miss something? He was just hanging out on some roof and then Superman comes out of nowhere and beats him up. It just all seemed random to me.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 01-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #306
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I don't want them to look immature, either, so I agree with that.

But there has to be a way to do this without mind control. I just find that so uninteresting. Superman wouldn't even be himself. He would just be a vehicle for someone else and Batman would be fighting that someone else in that case.
It's the only way I see them fighting working story-wise and character-wise, unless they change who they are. Given how MOS turned out, that's possible.

"

Old 01-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #307
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I just gonna hope that, against all odds, they've found a way to do it that isn't silly and doesn't make the characters look idiotic. Maybe the fight isn't what we think. Who knows.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #308
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
How was he testing him? Did I miss something? He was just hanging out on some roof and then Superman comes out of nowhere and beats him up. It just all seemed random to me.
Well Lex convinced Batman to fight Superman to show him what a human can do, it us kind of random I suppose but Batman wants to see what Superman can do.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #309
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I just gonna hope that, against all odds, they've found a way to do it that isn't silly and doesn't make the characters look idiotic. Maybe the fight isn't what we think. Who knows.
Well, Avengers gave us both ways. Thor and Iron Man looked dumb for fighting and Cap had to put a stop to that. Then, we had Loki messing with their minds to have them all argue and in Cap and Iron Man's case, thinking having a physical fight will solve their argument in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Well Lex convinced Batman to fight Superman to show him what a human can do, it us kind of random I suppose but Batman wants to see what Superman can do.
The set-up just didn't work for me. I could get Lex giving Bruce the Green K as a gift or whatever. But, Superman coming out of nowhere to beat up Batman was just a head-scratcher to me. And it took getting his ass kicked and not was Lex said, to convince Bruce to give Lex what component he was missing to make Hope. Ook.

"

Old 01-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #310
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Well, Avengers gave us both ways. Thor and Iron Man looked dumb for fighting and Cap had to put a stop to that. Then, we had Loki messing with their minds to have them all argue and in Cap and Iron Man's case, thinking having a physical fight will solve their argument in a good way.
I hope that Batman and Superman don't come off like the Avengers did. I didn't like the character fights in Avengers at all. They seemed silly in both cases. The fights seemed so...inconsequential. There was no weight to them. They were "fun" fights that the audience could enjoy because they looked cool, provided an opportunity for a couple of quips and had no fall-out/little effect on the plot. That is exactly what I don't want in this movie. This is going to be a challenge.

Last edited by MrsKent26; 01-04-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #311
SlackBrian
Party Gorn

I didn't mind the character fights in The Avengers, except for the fact that Thor legit tried to murder both Iron Man and Cap. Especially Cap. There's no way Thor thought slamming his magic hammer down was going to result in anything other than Capsmush.

Twitter: SlackBrian
SlackBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #312
Gort Baringa
Side-Kick

I definitely don't want to see a Batman versus Superman film. I remember them from reading World's Finest Comics, and they were always best friends.

Surely there is enough plot availabilities to bring Bruce Wayne to Metropolis to help rebuild the city with the assets of Wayne Enterprises. And when there, Batman's detective skills lead him to know that Clark Kent is the secret identity of Mr. Hope.

NO FIGHT PLEASE!

ps. It would have been nice to see the Dark Knight continue with what was already established in Nolan's trilogy: Bruce being with Selena Kyle; Blake taking on a role as a major protector of Gotham; Alfred, Gordon, and Fox already established. THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH THIS is that there are way, way too many people at the end of TDKR who know that Bruce Wayne is Batman! For instance, how the men & women who put together the Tumbler didn't know immediately that this was from the Wayne stable is beyond my understanding --- and this was before Fox's bunker was taken out by Bane!

Last edited by Gort Baringa; 01-04-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Gort Baringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #313
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I hope that Batman and Superman don't come off like the Avengers did. I didn't like the character fights in Avengers at all. They seemed silly in both cases. The fights seemed so...inconsequential. There was no weight to them. They were "fun" fights that the audience could enjoy because they looked cool, provided an opportunity for a couple of quips and had no fall-out/little effect on the plot. That is exactly what I don't want in this movie. This is going to be a challenge.
Well, they're pretty much usually inconsequential really.

I mean, they all stem from conversations you'd have as a kid with your friends about who would in a such fights with no real concern as to why they would fight. When really, if these characters were mature enough like any other adult, it wouldn't really get to that point. They'd only fight the bad guys. And if they really went at it, I don't think their issues would really be resolved with a fight or over the course of just one film too.

"

Old 01-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #314
\S/uperfan
Newbie First Class

I guess confrontation is inevitable but I'd rather the two of them disagree on principle and not resort to much in the way of fisticuffs and resolve their differences early on to realise that even though their methods are different, that they are still working towards a common goal. I can certainly see Bruce bringing up how Clark dealt with Zod and would be intrigued as to how they go about dealing with the aftermath of MOS. Is it too much to ask to just have respect for both heroes and to want them both equally treated as such on screen?

Show them both in all their glorly as the awesome (World's Finest) heroes that they are I say!

\S/uperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:45 AM   #315
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackBrian View Post
I didn't mind the character fights in The Avengers, except for the fact that Thor legit tried to murder both Iron Man and Cap. Especially Cap. There's no way Thor thought slamming his magic hammer down was going to result in anything other than Capsmush.
I'd like one small skirmish, and then have Superman grab Batman and fly straight up, and then whoosh back down and drop him inches above the ground. Having Batman be out of breath and Superman show how silly it would be to try to fight would be satisfying.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:51 AM   #316
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

In a lot of ways, Superman and Batman really represent each other's contradictions.lol

I mean, it's almost like impossible to make both look great within a given fight without making one of them look bad.

Superman is one of the strongest heroes in the DC Universe and to have him fall prey to Batman due to Batman's intelligence and vast resources (kryptonite) would make him look bad.....and yet in the same time, Batman is known for completely defying the odds against stronger opponents with nothing but his will and intelligence and yet you can't have him lose to Superman without making him look bad.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:54 AM   #317
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
In a lot of ways, Superman and Batman really represent each other's contradictions.lol

I mean, it's almost like impossible to make both look great within a given fight without making one of them look bad.

Superman is one of the strongest heroes in the DC Universe and to have him fall prey to Batman due to Batman's intelligence and vast resources (kryptonite) would make him look bad.....and yet in the same time, Batman is known for completely defying the odds against stronger opponents with nothing but his will and intelligence and yet you can't have him lose to Superman without making him look bad.
That's why I want Batman to start with the upper hand, and maintain that upper hand for a quite while, until Superman starts giving controlled, but well-intentioned bursts of power.

Batman realizes he can't beat Superman, and Superman realizes that it's pointless to fight physically. And then it should be a verbal altercation from then on.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #318
D.P.
Banned User

No offense, but you'd be kind of foolish to think they won't fight.

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:54 AM   #319
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
I think that suited the Avengers because the tone of the movie is different. It is campy and down right silly a lot of the time. I don't mean it was not entertaining for the most part but it was a campy and very silly movie. The tone of Man of Steel was much more serious. I seriously doubt that it would fit to have the 2 characters just fight. It would have to be done in a way that Batman has just completely lost his grip on reality and had some sort of Ironman-esq suit to even compete with Superman. And even then, all the materials he could use to make the suit could be found on Earth and if it exists on Earth, then Superman could destroy it. Even then, if there was a fight it would have to be in a much more dramatic way, it would have to be that someone that Batman loves was killed and he just lost it or something. Other than that it wouldn't make much sense in a serious movie to have that happen.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That is the only way I could see it working, but even then that would be a little far fetched.

Otherwise, if it isnt done that way by just holding on to his "Bat" ears, he'd be stuck. He can catch a bullet in mid-air, of course he could hold on to his ears and he would be stuck like a child getting held at bay by the head. Batman would look like a turtle on his back.

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #320
coderaven24
Side-Kick

I think there are plenty of way to have Batman vs Superman without hurting either of their images at all.

Quite frankly it wouldn't be a very good movie if the alien from outer space just wipes the floor with the human from Gotham and it wouldn't be much fun if Batman got a trump card similar to that crap we saw in superman returns.

I never want another superman who is a ***** with no powers, Superman should be strong and powerful even when stripped of his powers, she should just take a damn beating and not fight back.

I think it should basically be a situation where Superman is slowly reduced of his powers forcing Bats to fight a weakened but superior foe who gradually weakens to a point in which Batman wins.

Thus keeping both fan bases happy while creating an environment in which both heroes can show respect and admiration for each other, in fact both should have their asses pretty much whipped by end with a Mortal batman standing at the end but questioning what he has done and who really benefits from what he has done.

coderaven24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #321
Harley2004
Side-Kick

They have to have some kind of physical confrontation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

Superman would obliterate Batman. I don't care what convoluted explanation they come up with but I sincerely hope they avoid doing that because no ridiculous reasoning will get me to accept that fight.
You know they have fought multiple times. Batman, certainly did not get obliterated. Just slap a kryptonite ring on him and then we'll see who gets obliterated.

Harley2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #322
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley2004 View Post
They have to have some kind of physical confrontation.
No, they don't. They can be antagonistic towards each other, which eventually evolves into a mutual respect, but a physical confrontation is not needed, and is rather clich.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #323
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Though it WILL happen. I'll bet money on it

Old 01-13-2014, 03:47 PM   #324
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Snyder pretty much confirmed a physical confrontation in that interview/fanboy freak-out with Kevin Smith.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #325
-Nam rorriM-
Eater of toasties

I'd prefer them to "school" one another. I don't want to see batman try and punch a man who might as well be made of the hardest substance in the galaxy. Let each hero have their moment in the sun, but don't go down the road of who can k.o. The other one quicker. Make it like a game of thumb wars with no end. Superman arriving somewhere quicker, batman bugging superman without noticing, superman in the public eye, batman allowed to operate in total darkness, it's the only way to satisfy people. If it ends without superman killing batman then it's ludicrous, and before someone rants I'm a bigger batman fanthan supes. I hope batman DOES play second fiddle, because ultimately he'll still shine regardless. It's Supes turn to be top dog on film.

-Nam rorriM- is offline   Reply With Quote