The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 01-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Monolith Soft's X

Well I said if we hear any news on X , I'd make have it's own thread.

Urgent! Xenoblade Dev Monolith Soft Are Recruiting Designers. January 7, 2014 . 12:57pm

Last year, Xenoblade developers Monolith Soft revealed their upcoming open-world game for Wii U, tentatively titled X. Since then, the studio has been hiring new employees.

Quote:

Last year, Xenoblade developers Monolith Soft revealed their upcoming open-world game for Wii U, tentatively titled X. Since then, the studio has been hiring new employees, and they’re currently recruiting planners and motion designers for their main studio in Tokyo.

Monolith Soft’s recruitment page has their Planner position marked as “urgent” and is split into three parts: Game Planner, Town Planner, and Battle Algorithm Planner. “Planner” is generally the Japanese game industry equivalent of “designer”.

All three planner positions require experience in their respective fields. For Game Planner, Monolith Soft welcomes any developers with the additional experience of having made a game that requires networking, according to the list.

A bonus for Town Planners would be the ability to write scripts and programming knowledge. Meanwhile, Battle Algorithm Planners require experience in writing enemy AI, putting together scripts.

Finally, Motion Designers are also listed as urgent on Monolith Soft’s recruitment page. While the position doesn’t indicate any specific requirements, Monolith are looking for someone who can work on character motions during event and battle scenes.

X is currently in development for Wii U. The game is planned for release in 2014, and will feature seamless, open-world exploration. Players will have the ability to ride in large mechs at certain points in the game, and Nintendo have also hinted at some form of online multiplayer, although specifics on this front haven’t been shared.

source:Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 01-07-2014 at 07:21 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

Default Re: Monolith Soft's X

Before Mighty No.9, X was my number 1 MOST WANTED game not-yet-released. It's still high on my interests.

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
WolfCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
zenith16
Side-Kick

hehe been waiting to put this up

First Gameplay Footage Of X, Monolith Soft’s Wii U RPG. February 13, 2014 . 2:38pm

Nintendo have shared gameplay footage from Monolith Soft’s upcoming Wii U RPG, X.

Quote:

Nintendo have shared gameplay footage from Monolith Soft’s upcoming Wii U RPG,
X
. The gameplay footage shows off battle against large enemies, with the player battling both on land as well as in a mech. You can watch the footage below, starting from the 34:53 mark.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Director Tetsuya Takahashi says that the game’s battle system is based on the one in
Xenoblade
for Wii, but with “even more polish”.

and a more straith to the video is in here.

source: Siliconera & GI

Last edited by zenith16; 02-13-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
zenith16
Side-Kick

Monolith Soft’s “X” Gets A Few New Screenshots . February 14, 2014 . 11:00am

Following their Nintendo Direct gameplay video, Nintendo have shared a few screenshots from Monolith Soft’s X.

Quote:

Yesterday, Nintendo shared battle gameplay footage from X, Monolith Soft’s upcoming RPG for the Wii U, during a Nintendo Direct presentation. Following the presentation, they have shared a few screenshots from the game, showing off the battle scene in question. You can view these below.

source:Silconera

Old 02-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #5
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

It's awesome we got this, but it's frustrating we still don't know more!

E3 better bring it with this game. There will be no excuses if they don't.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
zenith16
Side-Kick

Monolith Soft’s “X” Is Part Of The Xenoblade Chronicles Series. June 10, 2014 . 9:35am

It looks like Monolith Soft’s open-world RPG for the Wii U, X, is part of a series that began with the studio’s last game—Xenoblade Chronicles.

Quote:

It looks like Monolith Soft’s open-world RPG for the Wii U, X, is part of a series that began with the studio’s last game—Xenoblade Chronicles.

Nintendo called the game that during a new trailer at E3 today.

The new trailer for the game showed off some sort of sci-fi war with the transforming mechs seen in the previous trailers for the game.
source: Siliconera

Old 06-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xenoblade Chronicles X Delayed To 2015, Hereís A Trailer. June 10, 2014 . 10:14am

Monolith Softís Wii U RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles X, has been pushed back to next year.

Quote:
Monolith Softís ďXĒ has a new name nowóXenoblade Chronicles X. A trailer for the game was debuted today, and you can watch it below.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

In a press release, Nintendo confirmed that Xenoblade Chronicles X has been delayed to 2015. They describe the game like this: ďA terrible intergalactic war leaves just a handful of Earth survivors trying to live in a beautiful yet hostile environment.Ē

Old 06-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #8
Donut
Side-Kick

It would be nice if they ported over the first game as well

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #9
zenith16
Side-Kick

I'm sure they will .

Xenoblade Chronicles X Will Let You Be A Fully Customizable Guy Or Girl. June 10, 2014 . 11:16am

Xenoblade Chronicles X will allow you to fully customize the appearance of the game’s main character.

Quote:
Xenoblade Chronicles X will allow you to fully customize the appearance of the game’s main character, Nintendo say in a press release. This will include their gender, shapes, height, skin, colour, voice and tattoos.

Additionally, Nintendo also shared the following screenshots of the game:

more pic's in the link

Last edited by zenith16; 06-10-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #10
BrollySupersj
Talent for disruption

Looks like crazy mecha madness. Between this and Bayonetta 2, I have just enough cause to get a WiiU.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #11
zenith16
Side-Kick

they're showing a game play demo now http://www.twitch.tv/team/e3

and
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #12
zenith16
Side-Kick

More live video on X in this stream
http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

and here's a article for after

A Few Tidbits On Xenoblade Chronicles X’s Story And Setting. June 10, 2014 . 2:11pm

Nintendo have shared a few more tidbits about Xenoblade Chronicles X, the upcoming open-world RPG for Wii U by Monolith Soft
Quote:

Nintendo have shared a few more tidbits about Xenoblade Chronicles X, the upcoming open-world RPG for Wii U by Monolith Soft. Over Twitter, Nintendo of America shared:
At the beginning of Xenoblade Chronicles X, two alien factions are at war above Earth. Unfortunately, their war is destroying Earth. The human race then evacuates the Earth in two arc ships.

Your game starts as you wake from stasis and create your character.
Nintendo held a lengthy live-stream where they played through a small portion of the beginning of Xenoblade Chronicles X earlier this afternoon at E3. The area that was explored in the demo was a vast one surrounding a city called Neo Los Angeles. A number of locations around this area featured the American flag painted on.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will feature a class system. “Drifter” is the class you’ll start out with, and you’ll be able to change classes, giving you access to different abilities. The stream also revealed that, like Xenoblade, the game will feature a day-and-night cycle, as well as real-time weather changes.

Enemy behaviours will change from day to night. For example, predators will come out to hunt at night, while you might see certain other creatures sleeping at night.
source Siliconera

Last edited by zenith16; 06-10-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #13
zenith16
Side-Kick

Found it VOD of X the one Tronny missed I knew some on you managed to tape/ record it. it's @ 1:53:34/ 4:17:48 in this video.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

this was just put up as well

30 Minutes Of Xenoblade Chronicles X Gameplay With Details

By Ishaan . June 10, 2014 . 9:19pm A whole bunch of info on Xenoblade Chronicles X, Monolith Soft’s open-world RPG for Wii U.

Quote:
Earlier today, Nintendo’s product development team, Treehouse, live-streamed 30 minutes of gameplay footage from Xenoblade Chronicles X. The stream was recorded by Operation Rainfall, and you can watch it in its entirety below.
Here’s a brief rundown of the major information provided during the video:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
  • At the start of the game, two warring alien species have a fierce battle close to Earth, and essentially force all of humanity to leave the planet in two arc ships before the planet blows up. The arc ships are extremely large in size and can essentially hold the population of an entire city.

• One of the arc ships gets knocked out of space and crash-lands on an alien planet. Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place on this planet, and part of the game’s story involves searching for other groups of survivors that were scattered during the crash.

• Your player character then awakens from their stasis pod, at which point you can customize them. You can choose their gender, hairstyle, skin colour, size and more. The first person you meet is Elma, who is one of the scouts from the city looking for survivors.

• The first people to come out of stasis after the arc ship crashed were military people. However, the military folks know that they need people with other talents to get civilization back up and running, such as farmers and craftspeople.

• As you explore the first area in the game, you’ll come across other artefacts that were scattered during the arc ship’s crash-landing.

• The first city in the game is Neo Los Angeles, guarded by a military installation. This is the city you’ve seen in all the trailers for Xenoblade Chronicles X thus far. You’ll also see your first mechs in Neo Los Angeles.

• Day-and-night cycles are back, along with changing weather patterns. Enemy patterns will change from day to night and will also change with the weather. For example, predators come out to hunt at night.

• Like Xenoblade before it, Xenoblade Chronicles X’s battle system is entirely real-time. “Technical Points” are used to power up your Arts. TP can be built up faster by using melee attacks. Ranged attacks are less risky than melee attacks, but build up TP slower.

• You can give orders to your teammates in battle using the battle menu. One of the options is the ability to have them focus fire on your target.

• Characters have “Inner Stats” and “Class Stats”. The former are tied to your character and your items. The latter are tied to your character class.

• Character classes can be changed on-the-fly—even in the midst of battle. Different Arts are tied to different classes. The first class you start out with is Drifter. Once you unlock multiple classes, you can mix and match Arts from different classes for a character setup you like.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is slated for release in 2015 for the Wii U.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-11-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #14
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xenoblade Chronicles X Is Not A Sequel To Xenoblade. June 13, 2014 . 12:00pm

Xenoblade Chronicles X is not a direct sequel to Xenoblade, Nintendo’s Treehouse division confirmed during a live-stream.
Quote:

Xenoblade Chronicles X is not a direct sequel to Xenoblade, Nintendo’s Treehouse division confirmed during a live-stream of the game yesterday—instead, the game is more of a spiritual successor to Xenoblade.

Treehouse representatives added that, while it isn’t a sequel to the Wii RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles X will hit a lot of the same philosophical notes as its predecessor did, and that if you’ve been with the Xeno series since the early games, you’ll notice nods to those titles as well.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is in development for a 2015 release.
and

Quote:

I got out of bed 10 minutes ago and immediately saw that Nintendo Treehouse had done another demo for Xenoblade Chronicles X.
The video runs for 46 minutes. I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet, but I bet it’s going to be amazing, like the other one was. If you haven’t seen the other one yet, you can check it out here.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So, who else is as pumped for Xenoblade Chronicles X as I am? I’ll be getting a Wii U just for this. Be sure to check back tomorrow, as I’ll be putting out an article on what we know about Monolith Soft’s latest title so far and what guesses we may be able to make based on footage and screenshots. Got an ideas or theories? Sound off in the comments; I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Shout-out to Raymond and Chris for getting the footage up on our channel so quickly!
source:Siliconera & Operation Rainfall

Last edited by zenith16; 06-13-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #15
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:

Well, for a start, its name.
This article is largely based on the Nintendo Treehouse streams, which showed Xenoblade Chronicles X first thing on the Tuesday of E3 and again on the Thursday. In both streams, three guys sat down for 45 minutes to play through the very beginning of the game and talk us through what was going on. Iím going to be talking about what was revealed during that stream, and what people have been able to infer from it and previous trailers. Iím also going to keep it spoiler-free, so everyone can enjoy it.
Xenoblade Chronicles X has a different story to the first game, and is going to be more of a spiritual sequel. I feel itís also worth pointing out that there will be some throwbacks to previous Xeno games. So fans of Xenogears and Xenosaga can probably expect some familiar sights and references, though I donít believe the story will be relating at all. Iím also going to state here that I have played Xenogears and Xenoblade through to completion, but due to console and then disc issues I only started Xenosaga a fortnight ago and am about 10 hours in.
Guys, look! Monado hairpin!

The year is 2054. A war has broken out between two alien races, with Earth as the chosen battlefield. As the planet is decimated by the firefight, humans are seen leaving Earth in giant ships known as Arks in a last-ditch attempt to survive, in a scene which reminded me of the beginning of Xenogears.

Your character, customised and named by you, is awakened and brought out of their stasis pod by a woman named Elma. This takes place two months after the initial crash into the new world. Elma tells you that the surviving humans have set up their own city here named Neo Los Angeles, or NLA for short. Sheís been working for the city finding those still asleep in stasis pods, such as yourself, and then bringing them back. This will be the basis for quests as well; finding certain people, as well as maybe precious possessions left behind and the like. Judging from the latest trailer at this yearís E3, youíll also be fending off alien attacks.

In this game, BLADE is an acronym for Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator. I donít think weíll be seeing a literal blade in this game, like the Monado in the first one. According to a user on NeoGAF, the Japanese dialogue makes it clear that BLADE is something installed inside a personís head which allows them to ďtranscend the word of GodĒ and overwrite their own destiny.
This makes me wonder all kinds of things. Do people in Xenoblade Chronicles X all come pre-programmed with some kind of ďdestinyĒ? Were they born with it? Was it put into their head by other people after birth? Or was BLADE invented so that they can overcome their pre-born destiny, which was given to them by God, thus giving them more freedom? The Monado, the blade in the first Xenoblade, allowed Shulk to do this very thing with his visions. This makes it sound like, maybe, more than one person will be able to change the future like Shulk could with his visions in the first game. Iím not sure whether everyone has the BLADE implants or whether itís just a select few.

Thereís another thing Ė what is this percentage shown in NLA, and why is it counting down? What happens if it reaches zero? I mean, in last yearís E3 trailer, they took a couple of seconds to cut away and show it going down from 60% to 59%, and Iím wondering why. Of course, it could be something totally inconsequential, but Iím bringing it to your attention in the hopes that maybe one of you can come up with an idea.

Speaking of NLA, is it going to get completely destroyed at some point? The screens below show a giant machine attacking something whose shape reminds me of your newfound home. Maybe itís not even NLA; maybe itís another, similar city on the planet. Iím not sure whether more than one Ark that escaped Earth safely or not. It could even be full of friendly aliens!

Throughout the entire demo, your character is silent, which is making me wonder. Does Xenoblade Chronicles X have a silent protagonist, or were they simply not voiced for the demo? There is a large amount of appearance customisation in Xenoblade Chronicles X, from gender to facial features to tattoos. It says on the E3 website that even your characterís voice can be customised, but I suspect it may only be for battle grunts and such; I find it hard to believe that there would be multiple voices if they had to record every single cutscene each time, so I donít think the main character is going to be voiced. Thereís also going to be a number of times throughout the game where you can choose how your character reacts to a given situation, so you can personalise them further. Whether or not is has any effect on the story, I have no idea. I suspect it will affect your relationship with your allies though, in a similar fashion to the first Xenobladeís heart-to-hearts.
Like in the first Xenoblade, in Xenoblade Chronicles X, and I quote, ďif you can see it, you pretty much can go thereĒ. Movement speed can be quickened by inpressing the left control stick on the GamePad, which will come in handy for all the running youíll be doing finding landmarks, collectibles, ship artifacts and the place that gives you the prettiest view. Weather can change as time passes like it could in the first Xenoblade, possibly spoiling that view. You can also jump off that view with no consequences if you like, for there is no fall damage in this game!

Items and equipment can be downloaded from the ship artifacts youíll find scattered across the planet. You can also find items in organic materialÖ likeÖ animal droppingsÖ leaving you with new equipment and possibly a bad smell. Some of the ship artifacts will not be accessible at the start of the game; in order to gain access, you need to expand your social circles and build up NLA a bit, in what sounds to me like the affinity and Colony 6 building featured in the first Xenoblade. The landmarks and locations found in Xenoblade appear to be back, and I saw them in the demo labelled as landmarks and areas respectively. I suspect youíre revived at landmarks when you die, but Iím not certain on this one. I did note that there were no penalties for dying though, just like in the last game.
The beasts you find around the place will start attacking you under different circumstances, like in the first Xenoblade. Some will not attack unless you attack them first, some will attack if they see or hear you, while others still will attack if you pick a fight with one of its buddies nearby. They behave differently under different weather conditions and at different times of the day.

Battle! Those of you who have played the first Xenoblade will be very comfortable with the layout. As pictured above, we have an art palette on which you can put eight arts. The big circle in the middle is used to initiate the battle. Itís possible to switch from ranged to melee attacks on the fly; Iím not certain how this is done, but Iím pretty sure you just select the big circle in the middle. You do more damage in melee mode than in ranged mode; I imagine this would come at the cost of taking more damage. Another incentive for using melee attacks is that they fill up your TP gauge faster.
Yes. In additon to the cooldowns we saw in Xenoblade, there is also a TP bar that fills up as you auto-attack your foes, like the Talent Gauge in the previous game. So, using arts will put that art into cooldown AND consume some of your TP. As arts warm up, a little bar travels around the circle. Whatís interesting is that this can fill up twice for bonus effects. It could make an attack more powerful, make a buff more potent; an example cited in the video was the ability to raise your shield twice in sucession. The type of arts that will warm up depend on the weapon you have out; melee attacks will allow melee arts to warm up and halt the progress of ranged arts, while equipping a ranged weapon will put a stopper on melee arts. This will really force you to think about which arts you want to use. Your allies are able to revive you, and you them, at the cost of 1,000 TP. I also want to note that TP doesnít deplete as you run, but remains at the same level from which it was after your last battle.
Quick time events, which were called ďSoul VoiceĒ in the demo, can provide buffs to allies; a restoration of health was seen in the demo. They can be failed, have a success, or be a huge success. As you could probably guess, a huge success has a larger effect than a regular success, and requires precise timing. Your allies will also yell advice at you as you fight. Following this advice will increase your affinity with your ally and bring up a quick-time event. If you nail the event, itíll add one bar to your Soul Gauge. There are three bars in total, and once all three are filled, you gain buffs. Thereís a whole sub-menu dedicated to the Soul Gauge; you can select the conditions required to generate the quick-time event, the buffs youíll be given, and so on. The Soul Gauge will deplete again at the end of the battle. It can also be depleted mid-battle if you revive an ally; when you use up your 1,000 TP to revive someone, a quick-time event may come up and your ally will have more health restored at the cost of one bar of the Soul Gauge.
You can see a full Soul Gauge here; just above and on the left side of the arts palette.

While battling, your terrain and position will affect how the fight plays out. Just above and to the right of the arts palette is some text telling you whether youíre at the front, back or the side of the monster, as well as whether youíre above it, below it or on equal (middle) ground. They also said that itís possible to target certain body parts.
Now, in the first trailer, there was a person in a mech who attacked a monster, and it looked like they lopped part of the beast they were fighting clean off. In the image below on the left, you can see it before the strike. In the image on the right, it looks like that body part is spinning away. If this is true, I hope that it actually affects the battle in some way. Iím a huge Monster Hunter fan, and probably one of the only things about the series which really bugs me is that breaking monster body parts, with very few exceptions, doesnít actually affect the fight in any way or really disadvantage the monster. So I really hope it does here.

Each character has two sets of stats. Their inner stats are those which remain constant and are affected by equipment. Their class stats vary as they swap between classes. These two different types of stats level up seperately. Each class has its own set of arts (skills), and every character has access to 10 classes including the base one. Each character has their own individual set of classes, and you can change them whenever you want, even mid-battle. When you level up in one class and learn some of its arts, you can then still put those arts on your palette when you swap to another class. Arts level up and get stronger the more you use them. All of this bodes well for those who love to strategise. Arts can be levelled up using BP, accumulated after battle. Levelling up arts can increase their potency and reduces their cooldown time.
Note the bottom-right: A preview of the arts you can learn in that class.

Little has been shown on combat in mechs. There was some seen in the announcement trailer and last yearís E3 trailer, where they were also shown to be able to morph into vehicles for faster movement. It was shown in February this year that you can seemingly run in and out of them at will, and this yearís E3 trailer didnít show any gameplay.
This game is going to be complex. And Iím going to love it.
In a breakaway from the rest of Monolith Softís games, itís looking like this game will have some kind of online multiplayer component. The gameís announcement trailer, at one point, had what turned out to be a chat log in the corner. Fans translated it from Japanese and told us it was just a couple of people swapping greetings. We donít know what sort of online mode there would be, but I imagine it would be something like finding stasis pods together, running errands for the citizens of NLA, things like that.
Note the chatbox on the bottom-left, and the ďPlayer 1″ through to ďPlayer 3″ on the top-left.

All right. Iíve fangirled enough (for now), so let me ask: What do all of you think? I hope this article was helpful to you all, as I had a ball writing it (itís exam period but shhh). Iím crossing my fingers that itíll be playable at PAX Australia in November (I may be a little too hopeful thereÖ).
If you want to go back and look at previous Xenoblade Chronicles X screens and trailers, here are the links, in the order they were released:
- Announcement Trailer
- E3 2013 Trailer
- E3 2013 Screenshots
- Battle Demonstration Trailer
- E3 2014 Trailer
- E3 2014 Screenshots
- E3 2014 Nintendo Treehouse Demo 1
- E3 2014 Nintendo Treehouse Demo 2
source: Operation Rainfall

Old 08-28-2014, 11:56 AM   #16
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xenoblade Chronicles X Will Have A More User-Friendly Quest Interface. August 28, 2014 . 12:29am

Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U will be a more “user-friendly experience” than Xenoblade in terms of quests.
Quote:

Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U will be a more “user-friendly experience” than Xenoblade in terms of quests, developer Monolith Soft have said to the U.K.’s Edge magazine. (Thanks, Nintendo Everything)

Quests in Xenoblade involved a quest log (pictured above) that could be rather long and intimidating, and executive producer Tetsuya Takahashi says that the goal with Xenoblade Chronicles X is to try and convey that information in a better way.

Takahashi said that “objectives and relevant people will be displayed on the map” and that Monolith Soft are implementing “a number of other features to help with quests” as well.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will be released in 2015 for Wii U.

Read more stories about Wii U & Xenoblade Chronicles X on Siliconera.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #17
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xenoblade Chronicles Remake Announced For New Nintendo 3DS. August 29, 2014 . 4:36am

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced that a remake of Xenoblade Chronicles is currently in the works and will be released for the New Nintendo 3DS models.
Quote:

In this morning’s Nintendo 3DS Direct, Nintendo announced their latest model of the 3DS series with the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL, that has improved features including a more powerful CPU from its predecessor.

During the stream, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced that a remake of Xenoblade Chronicles is currently in the works and will be released for the New Nintendo 3DS models.

The remake is something they’ve previously wanted to do for the Nintendo 3DS, but were not able to due to its lack of CPU power, but now that it’s getting a boost with the newer version, it has been made possible.

Satoru Iwata also mentioned that several other titles are in development exclusively for the New Nintendo 3DS. These will not be playable on the old 3DS models.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Xenoblade Chronicles on Siliconera.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #18
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xenoblade Chronicles X Will Use The Wii U GamePad As A Navigation Device. September 2, 2014 . 9:31am

Xenoblade Chronicles X executive producer Tetsuya Takahashi hints at how the RPG will make use of the Wii U GamePad.
Quote:

Speaking with Edge magazine, Xenoblade Chronicles X executive producer Tetsuya Takahashi touched upon how the RPG will make use of the Wii U GamePad.

“We decided that it would be perfect to use as a navigation device, in the same way that a lot of tablet computers are,” Takahashi said, according to a quote pulled by Nintendo Everything.

“We’ve put some important features relating to the game system and your objectives onto the GamePad, so I feel that this should create a very user-friendly experience for players.”

It appears that Takahashi did not specify whether or not you would be able to play Xenoblade Chronicles X using Off-TV Play with the GamePad. Hopefully, that’s a feature the team doesn’t neglect to include.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is scheduled for release in 2015 on the Wii U. Meanwhile, the original Xenoblade Chronicles is headed to the New Nintendo 3DS.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:29 AM   #19
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Cool. I figured the Gamepad would function kinda like a map type thing. Probably inventory management stuff too.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #20
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xenoblade Chronicles X Still Being Targeted For 2015 Release. November 5, 2014 . 2:33pm

Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U is still being targeted for release in North America and Europe in 2015.

Quote:

Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U is still being targeted for release in North America and Europe in 2015, Nintendo reconfirmed today during a Nintendo Direct presentation.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata stated that the game will allow you to use the Wii U GamePad to make navigating its massive world easier, and that you’ll also be able to use the GamePad to research the world.

Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X latest details, footage
Published 13 mins ago. 31 comments.
Quote:

The latest update on Monolith Soft's "massive RPG."

Nintendo provided the latest update on Monolith Soft’s Xenoblade Chronicles X during today’s Nintendo Direct broadcast.
The game’s story sees the people of Earth flee their home world in the wake of a galactic war, before crash-landing on an uncharted planet. In an attempt to find refuge in this mysterious land, the runaway explorers scour the planet and conduct research, using the city of New Los Angeles as their home base.
Players will complete quests like hunting creatures, collecting items scattered across the planet, and taking on requests from residents. There’s a wide array of quests that will influence humanity’s survival. Some missions will progress the story, others will have you doing small favors for locals.
Nintendo president and CEO Satoru Iwata describes Xenoblade Chronicles X as a “massive RPG” with an even bigger world than Xenoblade Chronicles to explore.
The game will also feature various support features to aid the player, such as a GamePad navigation system to research the planet stress-free.
A release window is still set for 2015.
Watch the latest footage below.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

View a new set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the game’s newly opened official Twitter account here.
visit gallery Ľ

Read More

Wii U, Monolith Soft, Nintendo, RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles X
source:Siliconera & Gematsu

Last edited by zenith16; 11-05-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #21
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xenoblade Chronicles X Will Release In Japan In Spring 2015. November 5, 2014 . 4:00pm

We got another look at Monolith Soft’s upcoming Wii U title, Xenoblade Chronicles X, during today’s Nintendo Direct, where Satoru Iwata shared the latest details on the game.

Quote:

We got another look at Monolith Soft’s upcoming Wii U title, Xenoblade Chronicles X, during today’s Nintendo Direct, where Satoru Iwata shared the latest details on the game.

Xenoblade Chronicles X takes place on the planet of Mira, which features places places like Neo Los Angeles, your home base. On Mira, players will hunt monsters, gather items, and take on various requests. By taking on quests, you’ll advance through the story and further deepen your bonds with your allies.

As far as the story goes, it seems like quests will involve having you do things to help mankind continue surviving in the futuristic world, where all kinds of beasts roam around.

The above is a look at navigation device that makes use of the Wii U GamePad, which is also used to research the world of Mira. Iwata also mentioned that they’re working on various functions to help support players, so they can have the most comfortable experience possible while playing Xenoblade Chronicles X.

During the English stream, Iwata stated that they’re still targeting a 2015 release for Xenoblade Chronicles X in North America, but the Japanese livestream shared a little more specific release window of Spring 2015, to give you a better idea on when the game will be available.

For more gameplay footage, you can check out our earlier report from the Nintendo Treehouse event during this year’s E3.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will release sometime in Spring 2015 in Japan for Wii U.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #22
Sithborg
Side-Kick

This game looks amazing.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #23
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xenoblade Chronicles X Is In The Final Stages Of Development. November 6, 2014 . 2:33am

Xenoblade Chronicles X developers Monolith Soft have shared a message for fans on their newly opened website for the game.

Quote:

Following yesterday’s Nintendo Direct presentation, where we got to see the latest footage and screenshots from Xenoblade Chronicles X, developers Monolith Soft shared a message for fans on their newly opened website for the game.

Monolith Soft began by asking if you fans enjoyed the latest Nintendo Direct, where we got to see the latest look at their upcoming game, Xenoblade Chronicles X. According to Monolith, they’re currently entering the final stages of development, and the staff are all in high spirits. However, Nintendo recently told them that an official website for the game will need a little more time to prepare.

So, after giving it some thought, Monolith Soft decided to go ahead and make a website for Xenoblade Chronicles X on their own. They say that it was something that was made in a hurry, but they were able to create the game’s main visual as seen on the top page of the website.

The folks at Monolith Soft initially feared that they would get in trouble after being told by Nintendo to wait a little longer for the site. As it turns out, and to their surprise, Nintendo simply responded with a “go ahead” and let them create the site.

However, they’re still not sure whether the website by Monolith Soft will become obsolete once Nintendo opens their own official website, or if this one will manage to survive by having its own unique content, which they hope will be part of the fun as the release of the game gets nearer.

Monolith conclude their message by saying that either way, now that they’ve opened the website, they’ll continue working with it and hope to establish a connection with the fans who check it out. Also a thank you for all the support.

They also opened an official Twitter account, @XenobladeJP, so it seems like we’ll hear more details about the game sooner than expected.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will release in Japan sometime in Spring 2015 for Wii U. A 2015 release is being targeted for North America and Europe as well.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:29 AM   #24
zenith16
Side-Kick

Monolith Soft Confirms Xenoblade Chronicles X Will Have Online Elements. November 11, 2014 . 12:55am

Xenoblade Chronicles X studio provides another tiny update on the game.

Quote:

Monolith Soft recently erected website for Xenoblade Chronicles X, and revealed that the game is in its final stages of development. Following their last update, the developers recently updated the official website once again, with a few more words.

In the latest developer blog post, Monlith shared a brief update on how they recently opened the website without asking Nintendo, which ended up being fine by the publishers; however, they soon faced a different problem: they underestimated how many hits the website would get.

Monolith didn’t anticipate the vast number of fans that would visited the newly-opened site, and as a result, had to deal with an overload, and figure out new server rental plans with the site’s host.

According to Monolith, the problem was mainly attributed to the number of people that downloaded the theme song on the front page, and also due to those that kept listening to it on loop. To fix the problem, they’ve decided to turn off the loop and lower the bit rate for the track.

Finally, at the end of their blog post, they teased, “Huh? Online elements? Of course [the game] will have some!”.

While we don’t know the full extent of these online elements yet, we can expect to hear about it soon. Director Tetsuya Takahashi also said to expect new information via their official Xenoblade account soon.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will release in Japan in Spring 2015 for Wii U.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #25
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xenoblade Chronicles X Director Takes To Twitter Once More. November 17, 2014 . 2:30am

Xenoblade Chronicles X Executive Director Tetsuya Takahashi took to the game’s official Twitter account today to post a short message for fans.

Quote:

Monolith Soft are keen to get talking about Xenoblade Chronicles X. Executive Director Tetsuya Takahashi took to the game’s official Twitter account today to post a short message for fans waiting for more news on the open-world Wii U RPG.

“Apologies for the wait,” Takahashi said on Twitter. “I’m thinking of rambling here 2 or 3 times a week from now on. This time, I’ll start by talking briefly about how the Xenoblade X project began.”

“After the completion of the previous Xenoblade, when I told [Hitoshi] Yamagami-san’s team at Nintendo that I wanted to create something a little more sci-fi using Xenoblade as a base, they said it could be worth the challenge.”

“So then, we began thinking about what updates would be possible with the Wii U (such as making the maps seamless, having the game connect online etc.) and started to research. When everything seemed feasible, that’s when actual development began.”

Xenoblade Chronicles X will be released in Japan sometime in Spring 2015, and Nintendo are targeting a 2015 release for North America and Europe as well. The game is currently in its final stages of development.