The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 01-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #326
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: Shocker! The Academy discards Man Of Steel from Best Visual FX Oscar race!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I didn't have any issues with the first flight scene. Honestly, this is the first time I've seen anyone criticize it.
I appreciate how Snyder show us how Superman will flight in a real world. Of course the final product had some issues as many other films have. But that flight was smth never before seen and pretty good.

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #327
Daywalker89
I against I

Default Re: Shocker! The Academy discards Man Of Steel from Best Visual FX Oscar race!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I hated the way the first flight was shot on numerous levels.

I do think when it comes to fights, snyder needs to better incorporate his cgi doubles better. He's pretty great at it but he needs to dial it down when not necessary. Zod vs Superman final's best bits were before the doubles stepped.
I was gonna post the Damn gif (friday) but i cant post images but Dammmmmmmmn brother you need to back that up . I know some bits looked iffy but it was such a great scene. The flying over the cows bit was the iffy bit for me but its a minor nitpick.

Daywalker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #328
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker89 View Post
I was gonna post the Damn gif (friday) but i cant post images but Dammmmmmmmn brother you need to back that up . I know some bits looked iffy but it was such a great scene. The flying over the cows bit was the iffy bit for me but its a minor nitpick.
Indeed

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #329
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I didn't have any issues with the first flight scene. Honestly, this is the first time I've seen anyone criticize it.
Quote:
I didn't like the approach. Not so much an effects critique, though I get why some people thinks it looks shoddy, I think it looked fine when it comes to vfx standards.

Like I said it was on multiple levels and wholly subjective. Mostly comes down to the way most of it was conceived and shot.

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #330
Daywalker89
I against I

Quote:
I didn't like the approach. Not so much an effects critique, though I get why some people thinks it looks shoddy, I think it looked fine when it comes to vfx standards.

Like I said it was on multiple levels and wholly subjective. Mostly comes down to the way most of it was conceived and shot.
Hmmm was it the fact that they filmed him flying in different enviroments and was shot too quickly.

" I have spent my whole life lookin' for that thing that killed my mother, and made me what I am. And every time I take one of those monsters out, I get a little piece of that life back. So don't you tell me about forgetting "
Old 01-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #331
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Hmmm was it the fact that they filmed him flying in different enviroments and was shot too quickly.
Altought I agree we need some slow-motion or slower shots in the next movies. I like how snyder made me feeel that the superspeed of Superman was indeed from another level in comparisson to other flying characters already adapted in the cmb movies.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #332
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I was listening to the Now Playing Podcast of Man of Steel and they had a go at the MOS FX. I really don't get that at all, I don't think I've ever seen FX as good as this film.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #333
Daywalker89
I against I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Altought I agree we need some slow-motion or slower shots in the next movies. I like how snyder made me feeel that the superspeed of Superman was indeed from another level in comparisson to other flying characters already adapted in the cmb movies.
Exactly i was quite taken back by his flying speed. I would rewind certain scenes were he took off (im weird) For some reason though i can see them toning it down for BvS .

" I have spent my whole life lookin' for that thing that killed my mother, and made me what I am. And every time I take one of those monsters out, I get a little piece of that life back. So don't you tell me about forgetting "
Old 01-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #334
Daywalker89
I against I

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I was listening to the Now Playing Podcast of Man of Steel and they had a go at the MOS FX. I really don't get that at all, I don't think I've ever seen FX as good as this film.
Everyone just gets on the bashing train some people are so simplistic

Old 01-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #335
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Everyone just gets on the bashing train some people are so simplistic
and some with no reason. cause every movie with state of the art visuals had some issues as this movie had. but most of the MOS vfx were great.
Just look at this scene. I've never seen this kind of power adapted on screen before. They did a good job IMO.

Last edited by John-An; 01-08-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #336
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
It was in part how quickly we went though the environments. I get that it conveys speed but you can still convey the speed in between said environments.

I didn't like the lighting or the lack of living in the moment. I liked when he had the dust vibrate under his fist but then after that it was no longer an intrinsic experience. Just felt like me watching.

For this stuff to work on me you need to be in the moment. More floating and soaking in what's happening. The scene just shoots by for me. This is him and us(by extension) learning to fly. Stuff like a close up of his feet floating above ground, stuff like awkward flight.
It's moments like that that films such as IM1/Spidey1 really nail. If the audience really goes though that stuff with the protagonist then the act of their flight is more earned and you go along with them, not so much just watch it.

Also the africa bit was lame. I'd prefer them to get on location and really light the scene where he flies through africa, maybe even some huts and locals. When Bay shot that africa scene in Transformers 3. Real animals shot from multiple angles...this flying scene was...just too distant. It could have been so viceral....instead some odd composite shot..no thanks.

Also, it may just come with the superman territory, but these first flight scenes(including how to train your dragon) are all the more with less invulnerability. If it was me I would design this entire ordeal differently.

a matter of preference really.
The effects were fine I guess. And I really enjoyed some of his violent take off's. Cavill made that straining face for a split second. Cool stuff.

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #337
Daywalker89
I against I

Quote:
It was in part how quickly we went though the environments. I get that it conveys speed but you can still convey the speed in between said environments.

I didn't like the lighting or the lack of living in the moment. I liked when he had the dust vibrate under his fist but then after that it was no longer an intrinsic experience. Just felt like me watching.

For this stuff to work on me you need to be in the moment. More floating and soaking in what's happening. The scene just shoots by for me. This is him and us(by extension) learning to fly. Stuff like a close up of his feet floating above ground, stuff like awkward flight.
It's moments like that that films such as IM1/Spidey1 really nail. If the audience really goes though that stuff with the protagonist then the act of their flight is more earned and you go along with them, not so much just watch it.

Also the africa bit was lame. I'd prefer them to get on location and really light the scene where he flies through africa, maybe even some huts and locals. When Bay shot that africa scene in Transformers 3. Real animals shot from multiple angles...this flying scene was...just too distant. It could have been so viceral....instead some odd composite shot..no thanks.

Also, it may just come with the superman territory, but these first flight scenes(including how to train your dragon) are all the more with less invulnerability. If it was me I would design this entire ordeal differently.

a matter of preference really.
The effects were fine I guess. And I really enjoyed some of his violent take off's. Cavill made that straining face for a split second. Cool stuff.
Fair play mate, cheers for explaining.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #338
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Another setback!

After the industry awards Oscars and Baftas snubbed MOS, the Visual Effects Society, another industry award has joined them in snubbing MOS.

Here are the nominees

Outstanding Visual Effects in a Visual Effects-Driven Feature Motion Picture
Gravity
Iron Man 3
Pacific Rim
Star Trek: Into Darkness
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

A deserving bunch I would say. Amongst the superhero films, Iron Man 3 is getting nominated every single time every where.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #339
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Man seriously??? why do you only post negative things?

cause MOS was nominated in 2 categories

Outstanding Virtual Cinematography in a Live Action Feature Motion Picture

Gravity
Tim Webber
Emmanuel Lubezki
Richard Mcbride
Dale Newton
Iron Man 3
Mark Smith
Aaron Gilman
Thelvin Cabezas
Gerardo Ramirez
Man of Steel
Daniel Paulsson
Edmund Kolloen
Joel Prager
David Stripinis
Pacific Rim: Hong Kong Ocean Brawl
Colin Benoit
Nick Walker
Adam Schnitzer
Victor Schutz
Christian Rivers
Phil Barrenger
Mark Gee
Thelvin Tico Cabezas

Outstanding FX and Simulation Animation in a Live Action Feature Motion Picture

Gravity: Parachute and ISS Destruction
Alexis Wajsbrot
Sylvain Degrotte
Horacio Mendoza
Juan-Luis Sanchez
Man of Steel
Brian Goodwin
Gray Horsfield
Mathieu Chardonnet
Adrien Toupet
Pacific Rim: Fluid Simulation & Destruction
Ryan Hopkins
Michael Balog
Patrick Conran
Rick Hankins
Areito Echevarria
Andreas Soderstrom
Ronnie Menahem
Christoph Sprenger

Last edited by John-An; 01-14-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #340
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Another setback!

After the industry awards Oscars and Baftas snubbed MOS, the Visual Effects Society, another industry award has joined them in snubbing MOS.

Here are the nominees

Outstanding Visual Effects in a Visual Effects-Driven Feature Motion Picture
Gravity
Iron Man 3
Pacific Rim
Star Trek: Into Darkness

A deserving bunch I would say. Amongst the superhero films, Iron Man 3 is getting nominated every single time every where.
You're loving the hell out of this, aren't you?

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #341
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
I was just about to post the exact same question! From the sensationalist title, to hyperbolic ''ANOTHER SETBACK'' statements (as if this was some sort of a race, jeez ) it's clear that this poster is really enjoying hyping up the lack of MOS VFX nominations. Oh well, if that makes a person happy...but it does smell awfully trollish...

G.Godfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #342
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

It's funny, because he's completely disappeared from the thread he started on that Hercules movie he was so excited for. Once the reviews came in and it was revealed that the movie is (SHOCKER!) a turd, he was nowhere to be found.

But then, I guess trolling MOS and Nolan movies every five minutes takes up a lot of time.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #343
super85
Side-Kick

Quote:
But then, I guess trolling MOS and Nolan movies every five minutes takes up a lot of time.
, hahahaha, spat some coffee over my work notes.

super85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #344
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
It's funny, because he's completely disappeared from the thread he started on that Hercules movie he was so excited for. Once the reviews came in and it was revealed that the movie is (SHOCKER!) a turd, he was nowhere to be found.
Someone was excited for that ''movie'' ?? 4% on RT. That's 3% more than I thought it was going to get.

G.Godfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #345
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
I was just about to post the exact same question! From the sensationalist title, to hyperbolic ''ANOTHER SETBACK'' statements (as if this was some sort of a race, jeez ) it's clear that this poster is really enjoying hyping up the lack of MOS VFX nominations. Oh well, if that makes a person happy...but it does smell awfully trollish...
Yeah, I just find it odd on how every time I come across a thread that's created about something negative regarding this film or MOS, it's always by slumcat. It's like the person only exists her to solely remind people of what MOS didn't accomplish.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #346
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Slumcat ,
what is your favorite CBM and favorite movie overall?

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #347
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Someone was excited for that ''movie'' ?? 4% on RT. That's 3% more than I thought it was going to get.
4% more.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #348
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Isnt The Rock also doing a Hercules film directed By Ratner?

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:44 AM   #349
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Yeah, that one comes out this summer, I think.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #350
Alien Anal
Side-Kick

Quote:
I hated the way the first flight was shot on numerous levels.

I do think when it comes to fights, snyder needs to better incorporate his cgi doubles better. He's pretty great at it but he needs to dial it down when not necessary. Zod vs Superman final's best bits were before the doubles stepped.
Yeh I do kind of agree. I thought the first flight definitely could have been a lot better looking than what we got. There is a car ad that has been around for sometime that features a dude flying about that i think still looks better than what we got. I want to ride along with superman not be a camerman in the distance not being able to keep up with him.

Check out my Deviant Art file
http://alienanal.deviantart.com/
Alien Anal is offline   Reply With Quote