There and Spidey Again

Default Re: "Bonus Content"

That doesn't cause more piracy in any way

Old 08-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #27
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #28
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Not good news about Bonus Content distribution...

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/...des_153871.asp
Until I see confirmation, it ain't true.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #29
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not good news about Bonus Content distribution...

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/...des_153871.asp
One can only hope this is false. Otherwise, i wont be happy at all

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #30
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
One can only hope this is false. Otherwise, i wont be happy at all
I can give you a hint for how to find them if this is the case... -_-

But anyway, I am stoked for these to be released. Cannot wait.

I figured there'd only be 2 or so more episodes. Show Dooku killing Ahsoka and I think that wraps about everything up.

I don't think Ahsoka should survive Order 66, let alone be alive in Episode VII.
I like Luke being the only Jedi in RotJ.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #31
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Is it really sooooo Hard to just release the "Bonus Content" on DVD or make a TV Special...

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #32
James
Built from Lego

Dave Filoni posted this on Facebook about 5 minutes ago:

Quote:
Star Wars fans - I have some exciting news! We have wrapped production on all of the remaining Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes, and while that might be sad news in one way, it's good news in another. It means you will finally get to see them. When, exactly, is a detail I cannot yet share. I can confirm that in early 2014 you will be watching the final episodes of The Clone Wars, including one of Master Yoda's most challenging missions. So, get ready. We've got Clone Wars and Rebels coming at you in 2014. Animated Star Wars is alive and well. Trust in the Force my friends.
- Dave

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #33
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Excellent news. Can't wait.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #34
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I'm really looking forward to that Yoda arc! Is the Clovis arc going to be included? I really want to see the chase between Anakin and Embo in the snow.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #35
Bim
Side-Kick

Very exciting indeed!

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 10-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #36
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

After a very long day, this made my night!

OnTheAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #37
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

It's nice to finally have something, here's hoping the episodes are finished! I'm looking forward to them.

EDIT: Oh wait he does say "wrapped production" so that sounds like they are finished to me!

Last edited by Doc Ock; 10-12-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #38
Octoberist
point blank

It does suck that there's a boxed set coming out that won't include these 'lost episodes'.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
Bim
Side-Kick

Yeah. I had hoped they would include them there, but i guess not

Old 10-31-2013, 08:10 PM   #40
krycek
Side-Kick

Really looking forward to the new episodes, the Yoda and Bounty Hunter arcs especially. I just hope they don't kill off Cad Bane, Hondo and Aurra Sing. I'd like to see them return for Rebels and other media taking place during the Dark Times.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #41
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

They'd better put this bonus content on Blu Ray at some point because it would suck to not be able to own the last episodes, and this Apple TV stuff sounds like horse ****.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #42
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...omic-book-form
Quote:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars to Finish Out in Comic Book Form
Lucasfilm and Dark Horse will wrap up the show in a four-part miniseries.
by Max Nicholson JANUARY 7, 2014

Ever since Star Wars: The Clone Wars was abruptly cancelled last March, fans have been patiently waiting for the animated series' remaining "bonus content" episodes -- Season 6, effectively. However, those episodes probably won't encompass the full season. Also, based on the fact that Lucasfilm Animation was still doing voice recording (or scheduled to) right when the show was cancelled, it's likely that they were already starting work on Season 7.

In the past, showrunner Dave Filoni had implied that they did have an ending in mind for the series, and today that seems all but confirmed, as it was revealed that we'll finally get to see the series finale in the form of a comic book miniseries, reports Newsarama.

In the final year of Lucasfilm and Dark Horse's long and prosperous partnership, the publisher will release the four-part miniseries titled Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, which will draw on the screenplays from the would-be series finale of The Clone Wars. The comic, launching this May, was penned by veteran Star Wars comics writer and former editor Jeremy Barlow, with an artist yet to be determined.

Speaking to Newsarama, Barlow gave a brief rundown of what fans can expect from the miniseries: "All you need to know is that Darth Maul has returned, that he's really pissed off, and that his former master Darth Sidious is determined to put him back in the ground, permanently.

"Beyond that, Maul now serves a Dathomir Witch named Mother Talzin and together they've raised a ragtag army of hired soldiers and criminals, causing all kinds of trouble for Sidious' plans for galactic conquest. There have been victories and losses for both sides, and as we come into Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, Sidious has captured Maul and stashed him away on a remote prison planet made of obsidian."

It is important to note that Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir won't preclude the bonus content episodes from airing at some point, but it will give fans an opportunity to get straight to the ending and the previously unproduced final arc.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #43
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

It seems like Dark Horse is going to go out with a bang. It doesn't seem like a finale to TCW just a finale to the Darth Maul storyarc in the show.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #44
krycek
Side-Kick

Glad we're getting some form of closure, although it seems unlikely neither Darth Maul or Mother Talzin will make it to Rebels.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #45
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Dark Horse to Bring 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' to an End
The unproduced final episodes of Cartoon Network's "Star Wars" spin-off will be adapted into a four-part mini-series from Dark Horse Comics this summer.

Disney Moves 'Star Wars' Comics License to Marvel
Lucasfilm and Marvel announce that the two will team up on new "Star Wars" comics in 2015, coinciding with the first Disney release of the movie franchise.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #46
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
It seems like Dark Horse is going to go out with a bang. It doesn't seem like a finale to TCW just a finale to the Darth Maul storyarc in the show.

It was cleared up that the comic would cover the conclusion of the Darth Maul story arc, NOT the conclusion of the series.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #47
Loki882
Side-Kick

That crap. The show doesn't even get a proper ending. They should have planned this out better. I hate it when shows end on cliffhangers that never get resolved. End the show as it was intended, on TELEVISION. Don't give us this crap about a comic book that the vast majority of your audience will probably never read or even hear about.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #48
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
That crap. The show doesn't even get a proper ending. They should have planned this out better. I hate it when shows end on cliffhangers that never get resolved. End the show as it was intended, on TELEVISION. Don't give us this crap about a comic book that the vast majority of your audience will probably never read or even hear about.
In a way thats the audience's fault for not reading or hearing about them, I dunno I just think if one where to care about the show enough they would research any continuation or closure for it. I adore these comic book continuations. Farscape, X-Files, Buffy, Smallville, its becoming very commonplace and its exciting to me. I only wish Dark Horse wasn't losing the licence as they tell the best SW stories outside of the original trilogy.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #49
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
It was cleared up that the comic would cover the conclusion of the Darth Maul story arc, NOT the conclusion of the series.
Indeed. Dave Filoni posted the following on Facebook sometime yesterday:

Quote:
Happy New Year!

You may have seen the recent Clone Wars / Dark Horse Comics news, and I thought I would chime in and clarify things a bit. I am very excited about our collaboration with Dark Horse and this opportunity to tell an unfinished story developed for the TV series.

Before we get into the details about the Maul comic, I’d like to make clear that this storyline does not represent The Clone Wars series finale. I’ve seen some confusion about that online and want to set the record straight. There are additional Clone Wars episodes on the way and one arc in particular marks the series finale in my mind. We’ll have fun discussing that in the not too distant future.

Allow me to reveal in more detail what the story “Darth Maul, Son of Dathomir” is, and where it came from. As I have mentioned in previous interviews, for us to create the rich and incredibly complex stories that we were telling during The Clone Wars, we would be working on around fifty episodes at one time. This is from rough outline form, all the way through final sound design and picture lock. There were several stories that had gone through a substantial amount of development when the series was ended. We realized that this meant certain character arcs would go unfinished, but the Story and Publishing teams at Lucasfilm approached me with a unique way to continue Maul’s story for everyone who had been faithful to the show. The idea was to tell the story in comic book form, and knowing the great work that Dark Horse had done over the years, I thought it was an excellent plan.

The story of Darth Maul had become an important one for the series and it was only fitting that we chose him for a comic adaptation. The comics will be based on four finished scripts that were written for Season 6 . These scripts came out of one of our story conferences with George Lucas. As they moved through the production pipeline, they became finalized scripts with a great deal of the actual design work completed. The designs you will see, the plot lines, and character development in these comic books are all coming directly from the TV production. I turned over all of the art to Dark Horse so they could create an accurate representation of what we were planning for the show.

I am thrilled with the result, and thankful that we could partner with Randy Stradley and his team on this project. As I have always said, the stories told during the Clone Wars era will live on, and we are eager to share Darth Maul’s storyline with you. Is it the final story for Darth Maul? You will have to read the comics to find out.
TLDR: Check out the bold section.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #50
Bim
Side-Kick

Can they just decide when and how they're gonna give us the missing episodes already? This is ridiculous, we need closure!