The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
Calavera
Side-Kick
 
Calavera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 646
Default Brian Azarello's joker



i finally got to read this after playing a bit way too much arkham origins. i don't read many comics and this i think is the first brian azarello book i read.... but this book is a masterpiece and maybe the only comic to actually frighten me. especially the final line by the main character about the joker.

this for me is now the definitive joker story.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
just wanted to get that off my chest since i have no friends who read comics and don't know any site to speak of them other than this.

__________________
watchmen's true ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFHLF9J3rE
Calavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
Kal-EL82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 50
Default Re: Brian Azarello's joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calavera View Post


i finally got to read this after playing a bit way too much arkham origins. i don't read many comics and this i think is the first brian azarello book i read.... but this book is a masterpiece and maybe the only comic to actually frighten me. especially the final line by the main character about the joker.

this for me is now the definitive joker story.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
just wanted to get that off my chest since i have no friends who read comics and don't know any site to speak of them other than this.
Joker is a fantastic read! Azarello's work is fantastic as is Bermejo's artwork. If you were a fan of this book you should check out Azarello and Bermejo's Noel.

Kal-EL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
Calavera
Side-Kick
 
Calavera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 646
Default Re: Brian Azarello's joker

thanks kal-el i will. but i need to read lex luthor man of steel first.

__________________
watchmen's true ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFHLF9J3rE
Calavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,571
Default Re: Brian Azarello's joker

One of the darkest, creepiest, most violent Joker stories ever. I loved it.

His visual look in it reminded me a lot of Ledger's Joker.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,555
Default Re: Brian Azarello's joker

I wish it was released in paperback.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #6
Kal-EL82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 50
Default Re: Brian Azarello's joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calavera View Post
thanks kal-el i will. but i need to read lex luthor man of steel first.

No problem dude. I need to check out Lex Luthor as well. When you read it, post your thoughts.

Kal-EL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #7
cloverfan98
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 321
Default Re: Brian Azarello's joker

I guess I need to re read this one cause I didn't really think it was all that great. I would place Killing Joke over this. This one just felt like an attempt to capitalize on Heath Ledger's Joker to me but it sounds like I need to go back.

cloverfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
Calavera
Side-Kick
 
Calavera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 646
Default Re: Brian Azarello's joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverfan98 View Post
I guess I need to re read this one cause I didn't really think it was all that great. I would place Killing Joke over this. This one just felt like an attempt to capitalize on Heath Ledger's Joker to me but it sounds like I need to go back.
i might be overrating it since i have not read a batman comic in a while. forgive me if so.

__________________
watchmen's true ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFHLF9J3rE
Calavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #9
joker1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jolly ol' UK
Posts: 93
Default Re: Brian Azarello's joker

Such a good book! I love both this and Noel. It's interesting that Bermejo's Joker artwork is one of the main sources of inspiration for Heath's interpretation in TDK

joker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.