Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #51
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Default Re: RoboCop Reboot - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I'm almost certain he's ending with an iteration of the classic suit by the end of it. The black suit is the physical manifestation of Padilha's new themes and something that is done by Keaton's character by the end of it Robocop regains a metaphorical freedom by donning a version of the classic silver/blue suit we all know.

Right the black suit could represent Omnicorp having control over him.

Somehow he's able to ask or someone puts him in the classic suit

I doubt by the end of the film Robocop's completely rid of Omnicorp

Maybe another CEO after Keaton's character gets killed or thrown out is more lenient

Old 01-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #52
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post

Maybe another CEO after Keaton's character gets killed or thrown out is more lenient
Yep your on the right track. It's Norton(Gary Oldman) who plays that kind of role in Robos life. He will repair him, and help him.(especially near the end)

Though like I said, don't expect another silver suit, or for him to go back to the 1.0 at the end.

If anything it will be an updated black Suit, or just the same black suit, that's been fixed by Norton at the end. Just keeping your expectations in check.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:18 PM   #53
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post

He's rid of Omnicorp by the end of the film.

But he's not rid of OCP...........

Old 01-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #54
InJustice
Side-Kick

I have a feeling that we might be overthinking the whole "RoboCop's going to have his classic suit by the end." Is there any proof or suspicion that gives credence to that thought?

Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #55
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

I don't really care about the color of the suit, I just hope it's a good movie.

Laugh now, laugh later.

Check out my new film:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/bipolar/id867778921

Old 01-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #56
samsnee
Side-Kick

I agree. I think the silver suit is just used in the beginning and in training exercises. The Keaton changes it to black and that's it.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #57
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I remember sometime ago someone was releasing info before we even got a trailer and was describing the events to a t. Even mentioning how the black suit is pretty much wrecked and is retrofitted with something akin to the classic design.

I don't remember who but if someone looks back far enough they'll find it.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-11-2014, 11:13 PM   #58
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
He's rid of Omnicorp by the end of the film.

But he's not rid of OCP...........
Indeed. Omnicorp is a subsidiary of OCP

And yes, we are overthinking the suit a bit. like I said I wouldn't get your hopes up for a "Classic" suit. Sucks, but I don't mind it. We will get some good action with the badass 1.0 suit.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:45 AM   #59
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I remember sometime ago someone was releasing info before we even got a trailer and was describing the events to a t. Even mentioning how the black suit is pretty much wrecked and is retrofitted with something akin to the classic design.

I don't remember who but if someone looks back far enough they'll find it.
Hmm, interesting, that gif of Alex Murphy getting mangled by ED-209's gunfire looks like it fits in well with that theory. If that's the case, then it's gonna be hilarious seeing how everyone was pissed off with the black suit, when they actually got the retrofitted classic suit.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:16 AM   #60
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Hmm, interesting, that gif of Alex Murphy getting mangled by ED-209's gunfire looks like it fits in well with that theory. If that's the case, then it's gonna be hilarious seeing how everyone was pissed off with the black suit, when they actually got the retrofitted classic suit.
No matter what happens, it's the classic case of judging a book by its cover. People hate just to hate, they are set int here ways and do not understand how to be open minded while still loving what you already love lol.

It happened with the original Robocop, and look how that turned out. People thought it was going to be a goofy terminator ripoff with a hokey name like RoboCop. Nobody took it seriously until word got out. Not saying the remake will be groundbreaking like R1, but sheesh, so much hate goes on nowadays.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:32 PM   #61
Terminator
Side-Kick

is there anything on the score yet? Are they keeping the old theme?

Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #62
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
No not yet! And I highly doubt they are keeping the old theme. I figure the music will be completely different. Their might be some nod to it though.

As some people are stingy with the black suit, it's the music for me. The music will make or break the film and is much more important to me. I'm a music whore and Robocop has some of the greatest music in any film in my opinion, so I'm not going to be comparing, there's no chance the remake will touch the original music wise, but it could be damn epic. Im Crossing my fingers, and if there's any info I'll be sure to find it and post it!

Old 01-12-2014, 06:38 PM   #63
Blitzkrieg Bop
The Dark Side

Old 01-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #64
Travesty
TEOL

Old 01-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #65
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

That pic is hillarious!

Old 01-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #66
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
No...why would they?

tracklist: http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/12...track-details/

Old 01-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #67
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Surely some reviews will be coming out for this soon? Its just over 2 weeks until the release date isnt it?

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #68
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Old 01-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #69
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Surely some reviews will be coming out for this soon? Its just over 2 weeks until the release date isnt it?
Close to a month

Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #70
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
peeeerfect

yes!!!

Old 01-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #71
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
There's already a few reviews (2) from the test screenings.

Both positive.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:03 AM   #72
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yea that's when we will see a few reviews pop up. I releases at the end of January overseas I think, not sure where exactly.

And yea there's been 2 early reviews, one with a complete detailed plot outline (that is turning out to be 100% true) that are very positive. One mentioning the audience ate it up and the other saying it's better than the original(which it can't be, but that's some positivity!)

I don't think you will find the plot outline one as it's been taken down from everywhere I know of. I did save it though lol. Why I keep mentioning for haters just to wait and see the movie, there's some really good stuff.

Last edited by TWayneP; 01-13-2014 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:37 AM   #73
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

So, I was looking through all the posts on the IMDB boards.

So many ignorant, hateful comments. And any people that go into the threads and say they're looking forward to the film are called "sheep" by all of the trolls/haters. So ridiculous.

Though, I did get a bit of a laugh out of that Moo-guy's "Beefaroni" posts. He's so obviously just trying to get a rise out of people I'm not even mad.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 01-13-2014, 02:25 AM   #74
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
So, I was looking through all the posts on the IMDB boards.

So many ignorant, hateful comments. And any people that go into the threads and say they're looking forward to the film are called "sheep" by all of the trolls/haters. So ridiculous.

Though, I did get a bit of a laugh out of that Moo-guy's "Beefaroni" posts. He's so obviously just trying to get a rise out of people I'm not even mad.
Yea it's such a shame, but it's the internet. I've seen some pretty bad comments around other places too haha. Believe it or not SHH has been a more positive experience then most other sites concerning this movie lol.

I'm just as much a fan as the next Robo fan but I don't understand the extreme close mindedness about the remake from diehard Robo fans. But I just don't understand such conservative people to begin with lol. you'd think robocop fans would be happy that he is back in the spotlight, this opens up new doors and is great for a franchise that otherwise was dead in the water. A remake doesn't take away from the original, and Imho could be considered a compliment. What's the saying, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery lol.

No way is the remake going to be as bad as robocop 3, or anything that followed it. The 87 suit and character was just a bad joke by then. Modernizing an iconic character like this is just the logical thing to do IMO. I only wish I could have had a hand in remaking robo myself, I understand how Jose feels, it's a dream project.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:36 AM   #75
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm a diehard Robocop fan. I've dissected that film backwards and under and I couldn't be more excited about this new film. It helps that Padilha who I know has churned out some quality films (Tropa De Elite 1 & 2) has proven to me that he'll deliver.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Closed Thread