Old 01-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #551
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

Terrific game, and the fight against Clayface is fun

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
Proud member of H.E
I still respect members of T.H.E.M, no bad feelings toward any of them.

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #552
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Batman Arkham City game.
Ooh, i just got that game for Christmas...Havent played it yet!

Cool!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #553
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I wouldn't mind seeing Clayface in a future film. Right now I would like to see The Penguin, Riddler or Mr. Freeze in the first movie.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #554
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Clayface in a future film. Right now I would like to see The Penguin, Riddler or Mr. Freeze in the first movie.
I would like to see Mr.Freeze too. Hopefully he's cooler than Arnold.

And im an Arnold fan.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:17 AM   #555
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Since you guys have been mentioning Mr. Freeze, I thought I'd give you my take on it.

And a great shot of him pre-transofrmation:

I designed it around the New 52 Freeze. I know the new 52 isn't so popular here, but I thought his arc was great. I realize that with the way Electro is being handled in TAS2, this character or at least this look for him is unlikely.

I think it'd be a great role for Woody, and he's already famous for playing a bald guy with red lenses

Alternative casting choice for Woody is his good friend Matty McC!

If we're going for a non-muscular build, Michael Emerson (Lost) would be a cool choice. Backups for muscular build Freezes would be Ralph Fiennes and a jacked-up Michael Sheen (would be interesting to see him with an athletic build) but I prefer them for different roles.

Like you guys, I also think that Freeze and Penguin have a place in the same movie. I know Jonah Hill is a very controversial suggestion for Penguin, but if you read the character description, I think you could see how he'd be a solid casting choice. Imagine him as manipulating Freeze, being the one who promises to fund Freeze's research, etc. Ultimately, I'm rehashing a bit of both Penguin and Freeze's plot points from some of the earlier incarnations, but I think both actors would be really solid opposite Affleck.

Bonus shot of Woody without the goggles, to show the piercing blue eyes.

It looks like he's making dry ice with his hand in these pics... obviously that is not Mr. Freeze's power, but I thought some dry ice effects would emphasize who he is =P

Going to try Clayface and Croc next, but for some reason Freeze got stuck in my craw.

BattleAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:24 AM   #556
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Awesome ^^^

I also think Freeze and Court of Owls could work well in one movie.

perhaps Bats has to team up with Freeze for a portion of the film.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:42 AM   #557
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

I'm really liking the Clayface choice for a few reasons:
1.) Hasn't been done before
2.) Shows how different this universe is from the Nolan films (since Clayface has abilities)
3.) Can play off Batman's trust issues since Clayface can disguise himself as anyone
4.) Would allow some amazing action sequences like in Batman: The Animated Series
5.) Playing off Clayface's tragic backstory would make for a great villain that the general audience probably doesn't know about

InnerWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:49 AM   #558
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Clayface always works well for a good mystery/detective/whodunit story, which would be another differentiation point from the Nolan films.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:51 AM   #559
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Agreed re: Clayface. Always love him. Freeze and Clayface are some of my favorites, because I really find them sympathetic.

My pick for Clayface: Tom Waits. This would be him transitioning to monster mode after he can't keep his normal form composed any longer. I'm imagining that Tom Waits would make an amazing washed up character actor turned sympathetic noir-fantasy villain.

FeedOnATreeFrog- glad you like the Freeze pics! I agree they should team up. In a way that is less cheesy than B&R, obviously.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:48 AM   #560
Imjenn
Subvisser 32

Give me a multiple film Red Hood arc. Ras in the first one, not really as a straight antagonist, but he would play that role. Clayface or Croc, something fantastical for the second with Jason dying partway through. Third film, Red Hood.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:07 AM   #561
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel View Post
Since you guys have been mentioning Mr. Freeze, I thought I'd give you my take on it.

Hey, cool casting! Pun intended.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #562
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imjenn View Post
Give me a multiple film Red Hood arc. Ras in the first one, not really as a straight antagonist, but he would play that role. Clayface or Croc, something fantastical for the second with Jason dying partway through. Third film, Red Hood.
I too think that Jason Todd could work over three films, but more so as a running thread than having him on screen for all the films.

Batman vs Superman could be after the death of Jason Todd (ala TDKReturns). Bats obsesses over lost-life more than ever, and has started using drones instead of partners, unwilling to put anyone in the line of fire ever again. Superman gives him hope again, even after Bats calls him out for killing Zod.

The next film (Batman: Beneath the Mask) could be about Bats reluctantly training a new Robin, Tim Drake, and trying to not make the same mistakes as before while fighting his overprotective instincts.

The third film (Batman: Under the Hood) could give us Jason's first on screen appearance, returning as Red Hood. (and Joker's return -- the original Red Hood).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-02-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #563
shauner111
Side-Kick

Jason Todd was never a good character in my opinion. But if it was done like that, it could be great because it's almost not about him anymore, it's about Bruce's progression.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #564
Rorschach2012
$

I'm glad to see you guys are finally coming around IMO Freeze and Clayface are the best options for villains in the next film.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:20 PM   #565
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Either clay face or mr freeze would be ideal

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #566
Imjenn
Subvisser 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I too think that Jason Todd could work over three films, but more so as a running thread than having him on screen for all the films.

Batman vs Superman could be after the death of Jason Todd (ala TDKReturns). Bats obsesses over lost-life more than ever, and has started using drones instead of partners, unwilling to put anyone in the line of fire ever again. Superman gives him hope again, even after Bats calls him out for killing Zod.

The next film (Batman: Beneath the Mask) could be about Bats reluctantly training a new Robin, Tim Drake, and trying to not make the same mistakes as before while fighting his overprotective instincts.

The third film (Batman: Under the Hood) could give us Jason's first on screen appearance, returning as Red Hood. (and Joker's return -- the original Red Hood).
I see your points, and I believe it could work, but there need to be flashbacks with Jason throughout. We (the audience) need to feel a connection with the character to get the emotion when he returns as the Red Hood. If it's simply some guy that we're told to care about, it won't work too well. Show, don't tell. Now if that's what you meant, awesome.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #567
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
Either clay face or mr freeze would be ideal
This.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #568
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Jason Todd was never a good character in my opinion. But if it was done like that, it could be great because it's almost not about him anymore, it's about Bruce's progression.
That was my reasoning. The most interesting part of Jason is all from the Under the Hood story, and specifically what it means for Bruce; no need to follow Jason prior to that; perhaps only a couple flashbacks, if that.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #569
bluerayer
MCU

Here is some more Clayface from Arkham City pics:

I really must find the time to finally play this game!

Old 01-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #570
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
The most interesting part of Jason is all from the Under the Hood story, and specifically what it means for Bruce; no need to follow Jason prior to that; perhaps only a couple flashbacks, if that.
Exactly how I feel.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #571
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Warner Bros. exec Jeff Robinov looks like he'd make a damn good Luthor.

And Batman: Arkham Origins voice actor (he played Bats) looks like a great future two-face in this shot:

Old 01-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #572
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Erm... Can we get Rashida Jones as Catwoman PLEASE?

sweet golly...

Old 01-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #573
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Well, I seem to the only person interested in this thread. So here's a little update for anyone else who may be reading. It's an idea I had and originally posted in the Ben Affleck IS Batman thread, but I guess it belongs here more. I imagine the following storyline definitely crossing over with a Woody Harrelson or Matthew McC Freeze, probably with a teamup at some point as was mentioned above.

I am really looking forward to Affleck's Bruce Wayne. I think he's going to be a bit more of a hollywood-esque take on the new 52 Bruce, who really knows how to work a press conference (for me, most memorably at the end of the Red Hood zero year arc)...

Now I know Court of Owls is not very well loved on this site, but I love how Bruce's construction projects sort of put the whole thing into motion. I also thought that the Lincoln March character was a nifty invention.

Most hate the twist, but I don't. I think that with some tweaks, it could be the basis for a great Sherlock Holmes-esque detective story with some great, dark action. I like the ambiguity of that ending.

I started thinking about actors who could play Lincoln March... With a little bulking up (hey Gal Gadot and Ben are both going to have to bust their ass, and the guy I'm about to suggest is a real hard worker, whatever you think of him...), I think this guy would be an amazing outside-the-box suggestion for a villain that would work great in a modern big budget detective story Batman movie directed by Affleck.

Here are some images I made to back up my suggestion:

Do you recognize that chin? The resemblance of his expression there to the actual drawing is *scary.*

Dude has the perfect stupid smile that Lincoln always shows throughout the story.

Yeah, he'd have to get into better shape, but I can just really see it.

Plus, he looks the part of someone with potentially deep ties to Affleck's Bruce. They'd make a good pair of billionares at press conferences. One of them a bit of a stiff (Bruce), the other a really affable guy (March).

Anyway, the only reason I thought of it is because I think Ben Affleck's Bruce makes MacFarlane's March work. He's a known box office super star, a damn good creative himself, and this could be a really interesting chance for him to do something other than his normal shtick.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #574
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

sigh, I guess really no one is reading this, haha.

Well here's Roger Craig Smith (voice of Batman in Arkham Origins) as two face. Testing out some new software...

Old 01-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #575
Walt Bickle
Side-Kick

Bare in mind that all these villains will already be established as batman would be batman for around 10 years. so why not maybe an arkham break out by the black glove. but never have the joker show up, just reference he is still out there and then leave him for the sequel

Walt Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote