The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 01-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #51
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Default Re: All Hail the King

So I wonder how this will be, 14 minutes of interview?
Sort of looks like he is heading to the prison caf, definitely not the regular place for prison interviews.
Very excited to see what doors to the MCU this could possibly open.

Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #52
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post
So I wonder how this will be, 14 minutes of interview?
Last week's interview on EW mentions at least one fun cut away to a failed 80's era TV show that Slattery stared in, called Caged Heat.

Hmmm... Caged... Cage... Seagate...

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #53
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

One thing that seems lazy, continuity wise, is if he had gotten plastic surgery after being a star, why is it that he appears just like the Trevor we know in his movie posters? Albeit with a different haircut.

Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:55 AM   #54
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post
One thing that seems lazy, continuity wise, is if he had gotten plastic surgery after being a star, why is it that he appears just like the Trevor we know in his movie posters? Albeit with a different haircut.

Trevor could have lied about that. He was trying to save his own ass at the time, as well as being drunk and/or high.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:00 AM   #55
Orphix
Side-Kick

The thing I picked up on when Drew Pearce was talking about the 10 Rings is that it is an ancient organisation. So just how old?? Who has led it in the past? What has it been up to in years gone by? Are any of the previous still alive? Does it have any current leaders??

The Mandarin may be a modern construct but the organisation itself isn't - which opens the possibilities for all sorts of stuff.

Orphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #56
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

clip from all hail the king
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5ng...em-uploademail

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:22 AM   #57
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphix View Post
The thing I picked up on when Drew Pearce was talking about the 10 Rings is that it is an ancient organisation. So just how old?? Who has led it in the past? What has it been up to in years gone by? Are any of the previous still alive? Does it have any current leaders??

The Mandarin may be a modern construct but the organisation itself isn't - which opens the possibilities for all sorts of stuff.
Well as much as I hate the "ALDRICH ISN'T THE MANDARIN LOL" crap that goes on here, the ten rings could be formed from a mythological/terrorist threat, imo, from one line in IM1:

something something something "the man whose ring I wear."

So there could have been some sort of A Mandarin threat in the past feat the 10 Rings, but Aldrich is THE Mandarin. As much as I adore IM3, they should yolo'd it and made Aldrich the man behind everything since IM1.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #58
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Well as much as I hate the "ALDRICH ISN'T THE MANDARIN LOL" crap that goes on here, the ten rings could be formed from a mythological/terrorist threat, imo, from one line in IM1:

something something something "the man whose ring I wear."

So there could have been some sort of A Mandarin threat in the past feat the 10 Rings, but Aldrich is THE Mandarin. As much as I adore IM3, they should yolo'd it and made Aldrich the man behind everything since IM1.
Personally, it kind of annoys me that they didn't take that approach when it would've fit the events of IM1 & 2, and wouldn't have contradicted what they were trying to do in IM3.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #59
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Quote:

Just for fun, I was messing around with some Renaissance paintings in Photoshop (actually, the Gimp) today, and I ended up making this picture. I had to share it somewhere, and I think it may answer some of these questions about how old the Ten Rings are... (sliding time scale, you know?)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Ironman and the Dragon

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #60
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

There's still time to nominate your favorite movies of 2013 in the SHH! movie awards! Click on my sig now in order to start nominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:38 AM   #61
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

What I think will happen in the One Shot is that the Ten Rings will be enraged at Trevor pretending to be their leader at first, but then they will come to see him as a viable figurehead for the group. The whole world accepted the Mandarin as a terrifying menace, so why not use that image to their advantage? So they break Trevor out of Seagate Prison, spirit him off to one of their hidden lairs and set him up with a new TV studio. Ta-da! Trevor becomes the real Mandarin, leader of the Ten Rings. Only not really because he is still just an actor playing a role. Trevor was never that guy and he'll never be that guy, but he plays him on TV.

Well, that's what I would do. It's called having and eating cake.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #62
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
What I think will happen in the One Shot is that the Ten Rings will be enraged at Trevor pretending to be their leader at first, but then they will come to see him as a viable figurehead for the group. The whole world accepted the Mandarin as a terrifying menace, so why not use that image to their advantage? So they break Trevor out of Seagate Prison, spirit him off to one of their hidden lairs and set him up with a new TV studio. Ta-da! Trevor becomes the real Mandarin, leader of the Ten Rings. Only not really because he is still just an actor playing a role. Trevor was never that guy and he'll never be that guy, but he plays him on TV.

I could maybe go with this.

giveyourself12% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #63
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

"Let's make Trevor Slattery the REAL Mandarin!" There was something like that in the Marvel Transformer series from 1984. http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Donny_Finkleberg

A podcast review of IM3 said that Aldrich should have added a line like "I based the Mandarin on an old Cold War ghost story" or "There are legends the Mandarin existed, but I think they just read too many Sax Rohmer novels." Leaving things open enough that there might be a real Mandarin.

Keep in mind, for the most part, it looks like Aldrich is using Trevor's videocasts as cover every time an Extremis solider blows up. He SAYS he wants to control both sides, but anything about actually running the Ten Rings is VERY vague.

starwolf_oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #64
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_oakley View Post
"Let's make Trevor Slattery the REAL Mandarin!" There was something like that in the Marvel Transformer series from 1984. http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Donny_Finkleberg

A podcast review of IM3 said that Aldrich should have added a line like "I based the Mandarin on an old Cold War ghost story" or "There are legends the Mandarin existed, but I think they just read too many Sax Rohmer novels." Leaving things open enough that there might be a real Mandarin.

Keep in mind, for the most part, it looks like Aldrich is using Trevor's videocasts as cover every time an Extremis solider blows up. He SAYS he wants to control both sides, but anything about actually running the Ten Rings is VERY vague.
So something like Killian used an international myth, urban legend to cover up Extremis soldiers exploding, but the legend is true? And we find that out in this?

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #65
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

Close. Very close

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #66
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Close. Very close

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #67
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Just watched it. It's my second fav Marvel OS after Agent Carter. Definitely, unequivocally, a lead in to two other projects.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 02-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #68
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #69
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

My review will be up tonight. Chiiill. Will break my spoiler rule and loosely describe the short

Old 02-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #70
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

heh no worries. I just wanted to post shouty Loki.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #71
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

waaahhhht is Kingsley hilarious in it?

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #72
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Yes. "Kiss the rings b*tch" is one of his many lines.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #73
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Ahahahaha

Old 02-04-2014, 12:27 AM   #74
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Here you guys go: http://www.gotham-news.com/news/2014...ker-mandarin-s

Guys, if you don't want spoilers don't read it. I don't divulge everything about the short but if you're like me and like surprises just wait. For those who don't care, have at it. Just do me a favor and don't copy/paste the entire text somewhere else.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:24 AM   #75
J.Howlett

Just watched it myself. Rolled my eyes the whole time but it does set up Iron Man 4 in a major way.

Way to retcon, Marvel.