Other 12 5.00%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #576
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Bickle View Post
Bare in mind that all these villains will already be established as batman would be batman for around 10 years. so why not maybe an arkham break out by the black glove. but never have the joker show up, just reference he is still out there and then leave him for the sequel
Hell yeah. I'm ready for a full on smorgasbord of Bat-villains And agreed, Joker needs to be left out.

BattleAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:51 PM   #577
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel View Post
Well, I seem to the only person interested in this thread. So here's a little update for anyone else who may be reading. It's an idea I had and originally posted in the Ben Affleck IS Batman thread, but I guess it belongs here more. I imagine the following storyline definitely crossing over with a Woody Harrelson or Matthew McC Freeze, probably with a teamup at some point as was mentioned above.

I am really looking forward to Affleck's Bruce Wayne. I think he's going to be a bit more of a hollywood-esque take on the new 52 Bruce, who really knows how to work a press conference (for me, most memorably at the end of the Red Hood zero year arc)...

Now I know Court of Owls is not very well loved on this site, but I love how Bruce's construction projects sort of put the whole thing into motion. I also thought that the Lincoln March character was a nifty invention.

Most hate the twist, but I don't. I think that with some tweaks, it could be the basis for a great Sherlock Holmes-esque detective story with some great, dark action. I like the ambiguity of that ending.

I started thinking about actors who could play Lincoln March... With a little bulking up (hey Gal Gadot and Ben are both going to have to bust their ass, and the guy I'm about to suggest is a real hard worker, whatever you think of him...), I think this guy would be an amazing outside-the-box suggestion for a villain that would work great in a modern big budget detective story Batman movie directed by Affleck.

Here are some images I made to back up my suggestion:

Do you recognize that chin? The resemblance of his expression there to the actual drawing is *scary.*

Dude has the perfect stupid smile that Lincoln always shows throughout the story.

Yeah, he'd have to get into better shape, but I can just really see it.

Plus, he looks the part of someone with potentially deep ties to Affleck's Bruce. They'd make a good pair of billionares at press conferences. One of them a bit of a stiff (Bruce), the other a really affable guy (March).

Anyway, the only reason I thought of it is because I think Ben Affleck's Bruce makes MacFarlane's March work. He's a known box office super star, a damn good creative himself, and this could be a really interesting chance for him to do something other than his normal shtick.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #578
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

I've always wanted to see Batman battle a musical villain....Seth might be good for that

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:23 AM   #579
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:26 AM   #580
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

There we go!

I believe in Batfleck

Old 01-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #581
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Serious. Seth is going to make an attempt at something serious one day, and Lincoln March is... well... Bat-***** crazy. Bat movies are notorious for casting outside of the box, and I just can see him playing an affable, popular, warm hearted billionaire who the public loves and who seems to be more popular than Bruce Wayne, who secretly is an absolute nut case with a single-white-female style complex like no other. Casey Affleck would be great, but he IS Ben's brother and that's distracting. The Thomas Wayne Jr. role is supposed to be ambiguous - is he really related to Bruce? In my mind, he's not really related to Bruce, and it's all part of his incredibly sad story. MacFarlane is a big box office draw, a super talented & hard working guy, and it could be pitched to the main public as simply a dramatic supporting character who then turns out to be the big bad (most of the public doesn't know Court of Owls). It just seems like a perfect example of Hollywood going outside the box, which happens more and more these days (thus, I guess, making it "inside the box" after all). I'll admit it's weird, but MacFarlane is going to go serious at some point, and playing a Batman villain seems like an auspicious way to do it. I doubt it will ever happen, but to me, he's the perfect choice if this character and story arc were ever used in a feature film... which I'm sure it won't be.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #582
-Nam rorriM-
Eater of toasties

Clayface. Some fresh air is needed and clay face would be cool. I don't care if they go comicy or nolanesque. I'm sure a great writer could make his character stand out

-Nam rorriM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #583
Walt Bickle
Side-Kick

or another interesting route would be to do a trilogy with theme focused on batman and jokers relationship and just have cameos of the other villains.

I think it would be ballsy to start the movie with Jason established as robin as nightwing will be established in B vs S.
Joker escapes arkham and batman wants robin to retire for his safety telling him tales ( flashbacks )of how ruthless he is.
Then near the end of the film have Joker kill robin.

The mainstream audience will be gobsmacked and blown away.
and the film could be a love note to Batman and Jokers relationship and death in the family and debuting Jason to mainstream audience.

Then they could do a Batman vs Superman 2. Where Batman is gone crazy for revenge and wants to kill Joker, while Superman tries to stop him cos of what Batman would have thought him about not killing in Batman vs Superman 1...

If you wanted to go further you could do Batman 2 after B vs S 2 and have Batgirl being crippled by Joker and then Nightwing kills him. Batman then resussitates joker back to life so dick won't have blood on his hands and then exiles nightwing as a vigilante in Gotham, and that's when he goes to Bludhaven.

and Batman 3 could be set some time after and Tim does his thing and reunites Bruce and dick and becomes the new robin.

Walt Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #584
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Bickle View Post
have Batgirl being crippled by Joker and then Nightwing kills him. Batman then resussitates joker back to life so dick won't have blood on his hands and then exiles nightwing as a vigilante in Gotham, and that's when he goes to Bludhaven..
Lots of those ideas are sweet but the one that really strikes me as the most interesting is the above, or some variation on it. That would make a lot of sense as to why Batman and Nightwing are estranged in BvS.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:59 AM   #585
-Nam rorriM-
Eater of toasties

I have to admit I don't want another joker for a while. It's been done in man styles and maybe it's time to try something else before the character becomes stale. Clayface, court of owls, or penguin. Just something different than joker, two face, bane, freeze. They can be eluded to, just have bats say " got a cell free next to Harvey if you want in".

He has so many villains that are amazing so I hope they spice it up

Old 01-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #586
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nam rorriM- View Post
Clayface. Some fresh air is needed and clay face would be cool. I don't care if they go comicy or nolanesque. I'm sure a great writer could make his character stand out

Old 01-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #587
shauner111
Side-Kick

I just dont see WB or Affleck doing Clayface or Freeze before they take Riddler or Penguin seriously for the first time. The more i think about it, the more im into using Freeze or Clayface because of how fresh it would be for this universe. But these movies are proving to be more about money and building a shared universe to combat Avengers. Like Fox is doing with X-Men now or Sony expanding on their Spider-Man world. It's about money over story now. And of course they can still squeeze in a good story but it's not the priority anymore. Therefore, i see Riddler/Penguin/Joker being used first because of the marketing potential.

There is zero marketing potential with Clayface, Man-Bat, Killer Croc, Hugo Strange, Black Mask. Unless Strange/Sionis are played by really big actors of course. Like a Dicaprio, Phoenix or Waltz. Freeze is all about winning over the people (pretty much the entire GA) into making them think that Victor is not a joke. That only happens when the movie is released.

It also comes down to the general audience and how much they might laugh or snicker at a "Clayface" after being exposed to Nolan's movies.

Bane wasn't the selling point of TDKR. It was the fact that it was a Dark Knight sequel and marketed as the final one. The excitement was there because of Nolan and the cast. Begins at times acted like there were no villains in the movie. The marketing was centered around Batman and the new look. But that's easy to do when it's an origin story. Once the new batman is established, his first solo movie needs to be about the villain when it comes to marketing. Which is why Nygma, Cobblepot or Joker will be the choices.

Last edited by shauner111; 01-17-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #588
Spooderman
Side-Kick

Sweet Tooth

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #589
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

They should try and tackle the best of both worlds. Imagine Riddler and Clayface working together

I believe in Batfleck

Old 01-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #590
shauner111
Side-Kick

Nice.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #591
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

Introduce Clayface as a new villain, something Batman hasn't really come across before.

And that would create a unique function in the Riddler's plot. The two of them would undoubtedly create an exciting film

I believe in Batfleck

Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #592
-Nam rorriM-
Eater of toasties

Clay face is perfect in me humble opinion. Done right just imagine. It would be dark and vivid all at once, with a pinch of nightmare. I think movie goers would accept it; identity fraud and what not. Imagine an opening where the film begins and it's Bruce going into a bank or event and shooting the place up. You could make it solely about his persona batman then as he tries to clear his name. People haven't seen clayface.

Or nolanesque style, a man who uses false finger prints and prosthetics along with acting ability to commit crime

Old 01-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #593
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I want them to retire the Nolan aesthetic.

Let the characters actually be the characters, instead of trying to bend them into something they are not. And for God's sake put off the Joker for at least one film. Try to focus on one of the character who has not been onscreen before and build them up.

Clayface would be an excellent character.

The film does not have to revolve around the destroy-the-city plot, but can involve a mystery with high stakes for Bruce. Clayface and maybe one of the second tier characters could fill the film nicely. After all, Batman is the "World's Greatest Detective": it would be nice if we actually saw him doing some detective work, and distinguishing himself from the other 5,643 generic action heroes whose selling features is that they beat the snot outta people.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #594
-Nam rorriM-
Eater of toasties

And I don't think it's the fact he's unknown that holds him back or a killer croc for that matter. People went in droves to see Danny de Vito's penguin and Arnold's freeze.

People are captivated by the unknown and strange.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #595
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

@-Nam rorrim-

Agreed

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #596
-Nam rorriM-
Eater of toasties

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I want them to retire the Nolan aesthetic.

Let the characters actually be the characters, instead of trying to bend them into something they are not. And for God's sake put off the Joker for at least one film. Try to focus on one of the character who has not been onscreen before and build them up.

Clayface would be an excellent character.

The film does not have to revolve around the destroy-the-city plot, but can involve a mystery with high stakes for Bruce. Clayface and maybe one of the second tier characters could fill the film nicely. After all, Batman is the "World's Greatest Detective": it would be nice if we actually saw him doing some detective work, and distinguishing himself from the other 5,643 generic action heroes whose selling features is that they beat the snot outta people.
So damn true. I only added a Nolan style for arguement sake. 100% with you. Including the skip joker. The clown prince has had his moment cinematically. Clayface would shake it up

Old 01-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #597
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nam rorriM- View Post
And I don't think it's the fact he's unknown that holds him back or a killer croc for that matter. People went in droves to see Danny de Vito's penguin and Arnold's freeze.

People are captivated by the unknown and strange.
Penguin and Freeze were already in the 60's tv series. Penguin out of the two was pretty big.

But yes, Clayface with the right visual and writing (and actor) could be pretty cool. But they have to really get it right. I just dont see it happening in the first solo movie.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #598
-Nam rorriM-
Eater of toasties

Fair point on penguin and freeze. Just imagining in my head a panicky Bruce talking to Alfred who then morphs into clayface. It would s**t him up. Too many cool possibilities. Or maybe a batman vs batman scene, that would be weird one calm as ever, and the other with an evil grin.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #599
shauner111
Side-Kick

I dont want to see a Batman vs Batman though lol. Whenever they do that stuff, i just find it horrible. A perfect example was Wolverine vs Wolverine in X-Men, ughh.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #600
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

It could be an interesting twist if they did use Clayface and introduced Matt Hagen, Preston Payne and Basis Karlo but ultimately it turned out to be the female version who's name I forget.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote