The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 01-19-2014, 06:13 AM   #101
bestever23
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

no. Ben Affleck lol He's the perfect choice

bestever23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:14 AM   #102
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
This baffles me.
The Justice League is inherently inferior as a story concept to any of its individual members, as it replaces hero-human interactions with hero-hero interactions.

For an example of BORING, watch the early 2000s Justice League cartoon. It's awful.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:16 AM   #103
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
The Justice League is inherently inferior as a story concept to any of its individual members, as it replaces hero-human interactions with hero-hero interactions.

For an example of BORING, watch the early 2000s Justice League cartoon. It's awful.
You've brought this up several times before and most people disagree with you. It's like the people who hate The Dark Knight, you're not wrong, but you're a tiny majority.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:18 AM   #104
bestever23
Side-Kick

I hate to say it but I do agree I was bored with Justice League show. only because I'm a Batman fan and it's weird seeing batman fighting green aliens or time traveling or singing lol it's more cartoony than batman TAS

Old 01-19-2014, 06:20 AM   #105
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:

Sure. But I still can't imagine anyone here not watching the film out of complete disinterest.

FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:26 AM   #106
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Sure. But I still can't imagine anyone here not watching the film out of complete disinterest.
I love when people pull the ol' "That's it. I'm done with this movie" or the "If such and such happens/doesn't happen/doesn't look like etc. I will not watch the movie. Maybe one day on TV".

Suuuure.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:29 AM   #107
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Quote:

That doesn't make sense. All interactions are still human - human interactions. Being a hero doesn't make then not human. Heck even Martian Manhunt acts human.

They just need more levity which MOS was seriously lacking.

erehwon0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:30 AM   #108
Lord
All Mighty

That kind of happened with The Amazing Spider-Man, but most of the people who stopped caring and lost interest in the new one beign a reboot were usually not fanboys and didn't watch the film due to trully losing interest.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:31 AM   #109
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestever23 View Post
listen I never talk on hear much anymore but this is the site that gave me access to Dark Knight & other comic book news

I need everyone's help.

I think the delay which sucks and I'm sad about it is a GOOD thing.
Gives more time to polish the script.
more time for the actors to train.
75th Anniversary of Wonder Woman.
2015 was way too crowded.

now with that said, It's funny because all the "haters" seem to like that it got delayed and said that it will get the script better
but I have alot of fans on my facebook who are pissed and saying they don't care anymore and whining.

so anyways I need everyone's help to try to convince these so called "fans" it's a good thing.

I got one guy saying "I'm sick and tired of Marvel getting 4 movies out before DC"
which is true but I have a feeling the audience is getting sick of Marvel style movies.

anyways any thoughts on how I can tell these whinners that 2016 is better for business?
Did you read through the thread? Seems like you have been a member here for a while.

Just on the last page you had a dude break down the positives and negatives of them pushing the film back. Copy and paste that and pass it off as your own if you have to.

Plenty of people here have made rational points as to why the push back isn't the end of the world.

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:38 AM   #110
bestever23
Side-Kick

well they are upset about Marvel getting more films. It's silly that they think it's a fight but DC isn't even fighting lol It's like some rich boy (Marvel/Disney) wanting to fight a bouncer (DC/WB) at a bar but the bouncer just walks away lol

Old 01-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #111
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestever23 View Post
listen I never talk on hear much anymore but this is the site that gave me access to Dark Knight & other comic book news

I need everyone's help.

I think the delay which sucks and I'm sad about it is a GOOD thing.
Gives more time to polish the script.
more time for the actors to train.
75th Anniversary of Wonder Woman.
2015 was way too crowded.

now with that said, It's funny because all the "haters" seem to like that it got delayed and said that it will get the script better
but I have alot of fans on my facebook who are pissed and saying they don't care anymore and whining.

so anyways I need everyone's help to try to convince these so called "fans" it's a good thing.

I got one guy saying "I'm sick and tired of Marvel getting 4 movies out before DC"
which is true but I have a feeling the audience is getting sick of Marvel style movies.

anyways any thoughts on how I can tell these whinners that 2016 is better for business?
First things first. Marvel Studios has properties they OWN, and others they sold to various studios before being bought out by Disney.

So the film rights to Spider-Man, X-men, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, and Elektra are NOT owned by Disney/Marvel.

If we were to cut the Fox/Sony films OUT we'd have about two films a year.

Keep in mind WB has to focus on OTHER properties, while Marvel Studios is ORIENTED over superhero movies.

This isn't to say that live action DC wasn't mishandled or WB WASN'T gun shy, just that WB has to focus on all kinds of movies.

Also, Marvel's created this light "soft" formula, whereas I think WB/DC are still trying to think of where the should go (dark seems to be the default, though).

That being said Superman/Batman BETTER be epic

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #112
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
First things first. Marvel Studios has properties they OWN, and others they sold to various studios before being bought out by Disney.

So the film rights to Spider-Man, X-men, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, and Elektra are NOT owned by Disney/Marvel.

If we were to cut the Fox/Sony films OUT we'd have about two films a year.
I'm pretty sure that person understood that, because BVS is two years away and at two films a year Marvel will release Captain America 2, Guardians, Avengers 2 and Ant-Man before BVS.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #113
bestever23
Side-Kick

I know Marvel is owned by many properties lol I wish others knew that

Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #114
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

It's amazing on how the announcement of this film's release date being pushed back has brought out the worst in discussion topics.

Seriously, I don't even remember it being that bad when MOS was announced to be released a year later than intended.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #115
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

Keep in mind WB has to focus on OTHER properties, while Marvel Studios is ORIENTED over superhero movies.

This isn't to say that live action DC wasn't mishandled or WB WASN'T gun shy, just that WB has to focus on all kinds of movies.

So what if "WB" has to focus on other properties? All "WB" has to do is greenlight and bankroll. The actual movie making is left up to the team. What they need to do is hire someone to lead the DC films division and give him ultimate authority. WB isn't thinking ahead. They aren't planning out 6 to 10 yrs for these properties. They have no vision and no commitment to these properties.

Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #116
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It's amazing on how the announcement of this film's release date being pushed back has brought out the worst in discussion topics.

Seriously, I don't even remember it being that bad when MOS was announced to be released a year later than intended.
When it comes down to it, I think we were ALL on the edge of our seat salivating for some ground-breaking news regarding the movie and felt we were days away from something awesome. Instead, we get the delay and I think fans just exploded all over themselves more of the wait than anything and that's when the negative-nancies need to spin everything in the negative light about it. It'll pass. In the end, I believe there will be a HUGE payoff!

Old 01-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #117
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Well you basically have both sides of the issue, as usual ,being either overly optimistic or paralysis level end of the world about the news. Neither side wants to here what the other has to say because it goes against their own beliefs about the project. Going to extremes is kinda the fanboy way, and i've actually seen worse compared to other issues.

I think Campa of AMC movie talk kinda gave the position on this that most resembles my feelings about it: The news aint good, and it kinda highlights WB's troubles with the project, but I'll still look forward to seeing it, assuming it ends happening afterall.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:17 AM   #118
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Quote:

I completely disagree.

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:17 AM   #119
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
So what if "WB" has to focus on other properties? All "WB" has to do is greenlight and bankroll. The actual movie making is left up to the team. What they need to do is hire someone to lead the DC films division and give him ultimate authority. WB isn't thinking ahead. They aren't planning out 6 to 10 yrs for these properties. They have no vision and no commitment to these properties.
Yeah, because spending however much money it would take to create a new subdivision within WB, after recently re-absorbing New Line Cinema (because they are going more centralised as a studio) and then paying out $600 million a year to keep up with Marvel Studios.

Not to mention, Dune Entertainment is co-financing these flicks to, so they too would have theoretical creative say (whether they choose to wield it is to their discretion).

As well as financing original properties and adaptations.

Yep, easy job. God, they're such morons.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:18 AM   #120
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
If Ben Affleck leaves, who can replace him as Batman?
Not that I'm dissing Ben Affleck, but my answer to that...AN UNKNOWN!!!!

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #121
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Question: I saw some posters talkng about who would replace Affleck; is it even a real possibility that Ben would pull out? I mean shooting was just pushed a few weeks, right? After that point, actors go on their merry way to do other projects. The release date was pushed about a year, but that doesnt matter to the actors. Why would Ben even think to drop this covited role? I dont see that happening.

BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #122
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
Question: I saw some posters talkng about who would replace Affleck; is it even a real possibility that Ben would pull out? I mean shooting was just pushed a few weeks, right? After that point, actors go on their merry way to do other projects. Why would Ben even think to drop this covited role? I dont see that happening.
Ben's a hot commodity, and by far the best director involved in this project. However, I don't think he has the conviction or ability to drop out.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:33 AM   #123
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Where is all of the speculation of Affleck dropping out coming from?

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #124
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

There isn't any. It was brought up as a hypothetical and people took it a touch too seriously.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #125
StarLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Where is all of the speculation of Affleck dropping out coming from?
Typical internet bull****, spreads like wildfire.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote