The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
Gu3ree
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: China
Posts: 161
Default Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

...died? I didn't take notice until my fifth viewing. Colonel Hardy dies not only, but along with Dr. Hamilton, he's on the jet, and sent to the phantom zone, or...the plane seems to explode. I find this to be a huge problem for the movie. A character that has never died in the comics, and who should be around in the future.

Now Man of Steel was so complicated, I couldn't follow everything but anyways I just noticed one of the major Superman comics killed off. That sucks. Or did Goyer and Nolan forget themselves?

Gu3ree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
...died? I didn't take notice until my fifth viewing. Colonel Hardy dies not only, but along with Dr. Hamilton, he's on the jet, and sent to the phantom zone, or...the plane seems to explode. I find this to be a huge problem for the movie. A character that has never died in the comics, and who should be around in the future.

Now Man of Steel was so complicated, I couldn't follow everything but anyways I just noticed one of the major Superman comics killed off. That sucks. Or did Goyer and Nolan forget themselves?
Did he die though? Or was he sucked into the Phantom Zone? Something tells me we haven't seen the last of home (Man of Steel 3 with Brainiac anyone?)

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:56 AM   #3
Gu3ree
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: China
Posts: 161
Default Re: Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

Everyone seems to have forgotten about him.

Gu3ree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:16 AM   #4
Fizicks
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 144
Default Re: Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

Well I didn't, nor did my friend who is also a Superman fan. I'm sure most people is aware of it, but just haven't brought it up.

Keep in mind he was not explicitly shown to be dead; for all we know he was just sucked into the Phantom Zone, so its still possible to bring him back.

Fizicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,626
Default Re: Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

Eh,I won't really miss him.Just another guy to stare at a screen and look concerned.We had enough of them in the movie.

I hope they focus on Perry,Steve and introduce Jimmy for the secondary characters in the future.

__________________
R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:05 AM   #6
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,360
Default Re: Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

I didnt think he died, I thought he got sucked into the PZ, in which case we may see Ruin in the future of this franchise.

Or Superman could just get him out somehow.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:01 AM   #7
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,241
Default Re: Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Did he die though? Or was he sucked into the Phantom Zone? Something tells me we haven't seen the last of home (Man of Steel 3 with Brainiac anyone?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I didnt think he died, I thought he got sucked into the PZ, in which case we may see Ruin in the future of this franchise.

Or Superman could just get him out somehow.
Hardy crashed the Plane right into Black Zero, so there's no way that Hamilton would have survived.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #8
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,027
Default Re: Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

Hamilton is far from a "major" character anyway. I like the character (before RUIN anyway) and enjoyed the use of him in JLU, but let's not overstate his importance.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #9
PaulRom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 128
Default Re: Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

He was probably sucked into the Phantom Zone. Though, I'd be surprised if he and Col. Hardy lasted long.

PaulRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,017
Default Re: Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

It's unlikely that any of them are "dead", the Phantom Zone has a funny way of working. Mon-El who was on the brink of death was put into the Zone and then when he did come out it took awhile for his illness to take hold again.

Using that as an example, Hardy was the closest to dying (head first) so chances are yes, he's gone. But the rest got sucked into the Zone before any real damage could happen so Hamilton could very much so be alive.

For Hardy, if he really is going to be The Guardian like many have suggested. It's an easy fix.....The Guardian is clone...here's the reason why he was cloned. Lol

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #11
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,360
Default Re: Did anyone else notice that Dr. Hamilton...(*SPOILER*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
It's unlikely that any of them are "dead", the Phantom Zone has a funny way of working. Mon-El who was on the brink of death was put into the Zone and then when he did come out it took awhile for his illness to take hold again.

Using that as an example, Hardy was the closest to dying (head first) so chances are yes, he's gone. But the rest got sucked into the Zone before any real damage could happen so Hamilton could very much so be alive.

For Hardy, if he really is going to be The Guardian like many have suggested. It's an easy fix.....The Guardian is clone...here's the reason why he was cloned. Lol
Yep, Hamilton was at the back of the plane so could have easily been sucked into the PZ before he was killed. I dont think we have seen the last of him personally.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.