The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
Dasher10
Side-Kick
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,278
Default What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Like what if Joss decides to kill off a third or even half the cast since everyone is expecting him to kill somebody anyway? Imagine if he confirms most fan speculation and decides to use it as feedback to kill War Machine, Baron Von Struker, Heimdal, Darcy, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Abomination, Quicksilver, Nick Fury, Crossbones, General Ross/Red Hulk, Happy Hogan, Winter Soldier, Hulk, Falcon, Sharon Carter, Pepper Potts, Jane Foster, Black Widow, Maria Hill, Agent Coulson (again), Captain America, Betty Ross, Doctor Selvig and Hawkeye within two hours.

The only survivors are Thor, Loki and Leader. The latter two only survive because they don't actually appear in the film.

Avengers 3 is where Iron Man is a flashback, the rest stay dead and Thor teams up with Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, She-Hulk and Black Panther with Vision joining the team as well.


Last edited by Dasher10; 01-21-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #2
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,273
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?


__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder
 
KDM1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 676
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
This times a million

__________________
MIDNIGHT SONS
KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,807
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Its not going to happen. Marvel doesn't even think Ultimatum was a good idea in the comics.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #5
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,832
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

I don't think I read it

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 PM   #6
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,996
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Too risky. The MCU is basically just the Avengers Cinematic Universe. They're not gonna kill of half of the cast

__________________
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 68% | X-Men DOFP - 95% | Dawn/Apes - 98% | GOTG - 95%

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:24 AM   #7
Dasher10
Side-Kick
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,278
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Too risky. The MCU is basically just the Avengers Cinematic Universe. They're not gonna kill of half of the cast
Then why did they choose Joss Whedon to write and direct?

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:49 AM   #8
Broseph44
We Are Groot
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 4,661
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Will never happen most likely so yeah.

__________________
Avvy by Kane

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:55 AM   #9
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,454
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Kill all of those people and then what in A3? Thanos wins because only like 4 people are around to fight him? Haha.

No thanks. I wanna see like 15 heros vs him, that would be incredible.

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:01 AM   #10
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain
 
DaddlerTheDalek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany, NRW
Posts: 826
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Ultimatum Arc like MCU Movie... It would be Madness!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
You're watching a Poster!
DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #11
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,985
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Ultimatum killed the Ultimate Marvel Universe, it didn't matter how good the stories that came after were, it was just a bullet it hasn't been able to heal from and probably never will

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #12
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,807
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Then why did they choose Joss Whedon to write and direct?
Because contrary to popular belief, Whedon doesn't massacre characters willy nilly?

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #13
Visualiza
What is a yout?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 1,335
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Ultimatum killed the Ultimate Marvel Universe, it didn't matter how good the stories that came after were, it was just a bullet it hasn't been able to heal from and probably never will
Heh. Read up on what Reed Richards has been up to since Ultimatum and you may change your mind.

The biggest issue with the Ultimate line since Ultimatum is that Marvel dialed back their focus on the entire imprint. For that matter, the damage had already been done before Ultimatum, as the only reason they went with such a drastic status quo shake-up is because they kept retreading old stories, so the Ultimate U simply felt redundant after a while.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #14
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,866
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

If Whedon fulfills this worst-case scenario that has no factual founding, I will eat my loafers. Without salt.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #15
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,985
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
Heh. Read up on what Reed Richards has been up to since Ultimatum and you may change your mind.

The biggest issue with the Ultimate line since Ultimatum is that Marvel dialed back their focus on the entire imprint. For that matter, the damage had already been done before Ultimatum, as the only reason they went with such a drastic status quo shake-up is because they kept retreading old stories, so the Ultimate U simply felt redundant after a while.
Uhm, i have, And i love the character And i love Hickman's run in Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates too. My point still stands, i think that the stories that came after Ultimatum have mostly been very good, but the event has still killed the brand, and it's constantly trying to get atention again with multiple relaunches, yet it's no longer half as popular as it used to be.

That's the thing, if you give an aweful event and kill too many favorite characters, it doesn't matter how good the stories after are, you simply will have a lot of problems in getting your audience back.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #16
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,774
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Uhm, i have, And i love the character And i love Hickman's run in Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates too. My point still stands, i think that the stories that came after Ultimatum have mostly been very good, but the event has still killed the brand, and it's constantly trying to get atention again with multiple relaunches, yet it's no longer half as popular as it used to be.

That's the thing, if you give an aweful event and kill too many favorite characters, it doesn't matter how good the stories after are, you simply will have a lot of problems in getting your audience back.
*koff* Heroes Reborn *koff*

All Marvel needs to do is throw Franklin Richards into the mix: problem solved.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #17
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,985
Default Re: What if AoU goes the Route of Ultimatum?

Well, that was the mainstream Marvel Universe, with the characters from that universe it's hard to not keep getting sales, Ultimate Marvel was a different imprint for new readers, and by making it so complicated they lost their oun audience.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.