The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #51
Hulk-1700
Perfection

Default Re: Thanos' role in Age of Ultron

At first I was bummed about it but I like the idea of having Ultron in the second movie to further build anticipation for Thanos. I believe we can most definitely expect to see him at some point in part two as another teaser. If he's going to be presented like a "final boss" & a mastermind concocting schemes that involve using people I'd love to see how that concept is executed.

Should be a fun ride.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #52
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
We "know" Stark is the creator of Ultron....? Interesting....show me where Kevin Feige or *anybody* has confirmed that. Because the truth is that none of us know who created Ultron, because Marvel hasn't told us yet.
Boom. Who was right all the way back in 2013? Me.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #53
MbJ
Side-Kick

We're going to see some more exploration of Loki's scepter and then one of the post-credits scenes will somehow tie it all back to Thanos.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #54
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
It's an Iron Man suit and it's not Hank Pym. Who does that leave? Jesus?
My understanding was that it was an old peace keeping program that Tony Revived. I still think in AoU or Ant-Man, we'll find out Pym made the initial program and shelved it because the tech wasn't ready to produce Ultron.

America today finds herself in a unique situation... to become involved in a bloodless revolution
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:02 PM   #55
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Interesting that the scepter was in the new trailer. Maybe we'll see the machinations of Thanos in a minor way after all

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:02 PM   #56
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Hemsworth mentioned in a recently-released interview about how Thor starts putting the pieces together and starts to see a larger picture going on behind the scenes. I can't help but think that includes Thanos.

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:32 PM   #57
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Yeah, we won't just get hints to Ragnarok, but to Infinity War as well, I assume

Old 03-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #58
Jeepers

Didn't someone confirm that Tony will have a vision of all the Avengers dead at the feet of Thanos?

Jeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:38 PM   #59
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
Didn't someone confirm that Tony will have a vision of all the Avengers dead at the feet of Thanos?
We know there is a vision of the Avengers dead with Tony as the only survivor but we don't know if Thanos makes an actual appearance.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:43 PM   #60
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
We know there is a vision of the Avengers dead with Tony as the only survivor but we don't know if Thanos makes an actual appearance.
Yeah that could be a Ultron Dream not Thanos.

SuperBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #61
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

As to the question of the Avengers knowing of Thanos. Wouldn't the Asgardians have questioned Loki? Where have you been? Where did you get an army from? Would be my first two questions for him. He might not have answered but I'm sure that Odin would have a means of making him talk.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:51 AM   #62
Slushy
The Man

I can see the film ending with Thanos obtaining with one or more Infinity Gems.

"Right now, I'm walking through this cemetery. Not because I'm sad. Because it inspires me. It's the most motivational place on Earth. Why is that? Because people die. When you accept the fact that your time on this Earth is limited, you'll do whatever it takes to make it count.
Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:58 AM   #63
TheVision
Born Yesterday

Loki might steal the Tesseract from Heimdall and give it to Thanos

Old 03-05-2015, 07:14 AM   #64
Mike5575
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
Hemsworth mentioned in a recently-released interview about how Thor starts putting the pieces together and starts to see a larger picture going on behind the scenes. I can't help but think that includes Thanos.
Exactly. That scene of Tony grabbing Loki's scepter, he almost looked possessive when he grabbed it. I'm thinking Thanos manipulated Tony's thought process just a little to create Ultron or he adjusted ultron's brainwaves to make him evil. This is all part of an evil plot to soften up Earth for Avengers 3. Now, what Thor said in the interview makes sense. Thor senses that the timing is off and something else is at play... Thanos.

Mike5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:10 AM   #65
JLMHodge
Side-Kick

I think Thanos will only have a presence to do with the Infinity Gems/Stones. I don't think he'll have anything to do with Ultron.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #66
Godzillasaurus
Someone with no strings

I think it would be neat if Ultron had a tiny tie-in with Thanos, but I would prefer that he acts on his own accord as opposed to being a puppet for Thanos.

But if I shall say so myself, Thanos will likely appear only in a credits scene if anything

Godzillasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #67
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Loki will be in Infinity War.

Of the three Avengers Villains, two of them are in A1, and A3. As well as other movies through out the MCU.

But our Avengers 2 Villain only has 1 movie?? Eh, I bet Ultron will be back for Infinity War. That's probably how it ties with to Thanos. After all, if Ultron is brought to life by the mind stone as the trailer seems to suggest, then it seems likely he would be interested in.. "saving the universe" by taking over Infinity

Old 03-05-2015, 06:23 PM   #68
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
As to the question of the Avengers knowing of Thanos. Wouldn't the Asgardians have questioned Loki? Where have you been? Where did you get an army from? Would be my first two questions for him. He might not have answered but I'm sure that Odin would have a means of making him talk.
The prequel comic they released for Thor: The Dark World suggests that Frigga is at least aware of Thanos and The Other. She likely told Odin as well.

We haven't had Thor interact with the other Avengers so far onscreen, but it's possible his parents told him. I'm sure he'd be curious to know who supplied his baby brother with an alien armada.

Old 03-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #69
-VisionsVision-
BATMAN

I'm not sure we will see this big purple guy in AoU to be honest. Maybe we will see him floating in space but I have my doubts.

-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #70
pixen
Side-Kick

I hope they leave him out of this. We have a handful of films between AoU and the first Infinity War. They should try and save a Thanos mid/end credit sequence for a later film where it'll be more useful.

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:28 PM   #71
DanielFM
Poor-man's Cap

I hope they save the epic, iconic, Thanos shield-shattering pimpslap for Infinity War and we only see a shadow of him in Tony's vision.
It would leave the intrigue in the GA: who's so powerful so as to break the icon of unbreakability? While the more advanced geeks would look at each other and nod with complicity.

DanielFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #72
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

I get the feeling we'll see his reach impacting something in a post-credit scene, even if its manipulating Loki

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:45 PM   #73
KINGTHANOS
Side-Kick

They should show some form of his puppet-mastery in the movie, but, yes, they don't have to focus too much on it. We need to keep in mind that a portion of the audience may have only ever seen the Iron Man movies and the Avengers 1 (and may not have stayed for the mid-credits scene) so showing the big guy in Tony's vision in some form, or his shadow with a focus on the infinity gauntlet wouldn't be bad.

I'm willing to bet though, that the Thanos scene with the gauntlet from the Infinity War teaser was ripped directly from the Tony vision scene in Age of Ultron. I'm almost 95% sure of it and would wager on it if I could.

KINGTHANOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #74
-VisionsVision-
BATMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixen View Post
I hope they leave him out of this. We have a handful of films between AoU and the first Infinity War. They should try and save a Thanos mid/end credit sequence for a later film where it'll be more useful.
I'm with you on this.

-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #75
LEOZZTT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBatman View Post
Yeah that could be a Ultron Dream not Thanos.
It's Thanos. It's definitely Thanos.

At Comic-Con last year, the Avengers: AOU teaser that they showed was edited in a different way. The scene with the dead Avengers was a little bit longer and it was possible to see many more bodies, not just Cap's broken shield. I think Iron Man was the only one still standing. But the giveaway that they were at the feet of Thanos was the rocky stairway infused with blue lights.

The scene was just a couple of seconds long, but I remember clearly that there was definitely a "cosmic" feel. I talked to a few people after the panel. Some noticed that, others didn't. Like I said, it was very fast, but I was paying attention like my life depended on it.

LEOZZTT is offline   Reply With Quote