The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #376
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: The Official Trophies Thread!!! - Part 1

I just picked up the Plat for ACIV (PS3). It's my 46th, but my first in over 7 months. I think my goal was to be at Level 20 by the end of the summer, but since I had just gotten a job, that plan was scratched. But luckily I got myself a bunch of new games over the Christmas break, so I'm hoping to get to 50 Plats in the next few weeks.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #377
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Nice!

I heard MGS: GZ has some really crap trophies and no platinum. True?

Old 01-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #378
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I just picked up the Plat for ACIV (PS3). It's my 46th, but my first in over 7 months. I think my goal was to be at Level 20 by the end of the summer, but since I had just gotten a job, that plan was scratched. But luckily I got myself a bunch of new games over the Christmas break, so I'm hoping to get to 50 Plats in the next few weeks.
How were the online trophies? Took you too long?

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #379
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Nice!

I heard MGS: GZ has some really crap trophies and no platinum. True?
I just looked it up amnd yeah, there's only 15 trophies/acheivements and no platinum. But if I'm not mistaken, isn't GZ sort of like a prequel/demo/preview of MGS5? It kinda sounds like DLC that's playable before the full game is released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
How were the online trophies? Took you too long?
Getting to Level 55 wasn't too too hard because if you play Wolfpack on your own and know how to do it well enough to the point where you can finish it lal by yourself or even with friends, you can level up pretty fast with maybe 20-30 of those matches, especially if you complete the challenges. Plus, I waited until this weekend since it was a double XP weekend so it really went fast.

The only hard/annoying part was playing all the modes once and using every weapon, since I didn't have enough credits to get everything. So I had to play Freedom Cry to get about 4,000 credits that helped me get everything I was missing. It wasn't too hard. Maybe worse than last year, but nowhere near as bad as Brotherhood, which still remains the only AC game that I've yet to platinum.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #380
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
I just looked it up amnd yeah, there's only 15 trophies/acheivements and no platinum. But if I'm not mistaken, isn't GZ sort of like a prequel/demo/preview of MGS5? It kinda sounds like DLC that's playable before the full game is released.
Oh is that what it is? I guess I don't really know what this game is supposed to be in relation to Phantom Pain. I'd rather just have 2 full on MGS retail games with a platinum/1000G each.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #381
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Ground Zeros is a prologue to Phantom Pain. It's smaller and separate, kind of like DR2: Case Zero vs. DR2.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #382
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

So just checked for 360 there are only 15 achievements but it still adds up to 1000G. If that's the case they should give an equivalent Platinum for trophies really.

On another thing do many of you go for trophies and aren't too bothered about Platinums?

Old 01-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #383
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
On another thing do many of you go for trophies and aren't too bothered about Platinums?
It really depends on the game for me. For the most part, I always check PS3Trophies to see the road map for what what kind of experience it will be and how doable it seems. Like right now I'm playing through LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, and I know what to expect from it so I know I can get the Platinum. but then there's other games like any of the GTA or Arkham games where I know that trying to get the Platinum is going to take a ton of hours and will be a mostly frustrating experience, so I don't even bother. I try to get as many trophies as I can, but I try not to spend too much time on anything that might involve needing the help of others like in MP or is extremely luck based.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is the prime example of a game I hate because I just need one trophy for the Platinum but I don't have any friends who would help me and I don't want to bother and strangers to help me boost for it, so I just leave it alone.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #384
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
It really depends on the game for me. For the most part, I always check PS3Trophies to see the road map for what what kind of experience it will be and how doable it seems. Like right now I'm playing through LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, and I know what to expect from it so I know I can get the Platinum. but then there's other games like any of the GTA or Arkham games where I know that trying to get the Platinum is going to take a ton of hours and will be a mostly frustrating experience, so I don't even bother. I try to get as many trophies as I can, but I try not to spend too much time on anything that might involve needing the help of others like in MP or is extremely luck based.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is the prime example of a game I hate because I just need one trophy for the Platinum but I don't have any friends who would help me and I don't want to bother and strangers to help me boost for it, so I just leave it alone.
Sounds similar to me then.

What do you need on Brotherhood? Level 50?

Old 01-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #385
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
I always go for the Platinum, unless there are online trophies that will take too much of my time, then I just try to get all of the single player ones.

That's why I asked SpideyVille about AC's online trophies, because if it is manageable to get them, then I might try to platinum it.

Last edited by Jick; 01-24-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #386
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
I always go for the Platinum, unless there are online trophies they will take too much of my time, then I just try to get all of the single player ones.

That's why I asked SpideyVille about AC's online trophies, because if it is manageable to get them, then I might try to platinum it.
I've done all the online achievements for Brotherhood & Revelations. Revelations is straightforward & fun. Getting to the top level in Brotherhood will take ages, even if you boost it. Also one or 2 of the other Brotherhood achievements are challenging, something along the lines of getting every kind of kill in a match and one of each reward cumulatively (been a long time since I did it, can't remember exactly). Haven't tried the online in III yet & don't own IV.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #387
-Arya-
Batman v Superman - 2016

Wow, you guys have a lot of plats! I only have 10

-Arya- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #388
Havok83
Side-Kick

anyone have the platinum for Assassins Creed 3? Ive gone back to it and will attempt to get that. I also hope to do the same for Batman AC before AK comes out. What sucks though is re-learning the game as especially the combat trophies will be difficult

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #389
JaD
Thriller Night

Speaking of Arkham Origins, I spent practically an entire day yesterday with a group boosting those ridiculous MP trophies that require luck. Got most of them out of the way and just need to grind a little for XP then I can enjoy a couple simple left over in campaign.

Multiplayer in that game is still broken dammit! My system froze on me maybe 3 times, on a few others too and we must've got kicked from our lobbies more than a dozen times. Thank Batman there's no multiplayer in Arkham Knight.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #390
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

^And some insist on saying that the game is barely bugged now. These people didn't play enough.

I got all of Origins' single player trophies. I'm not gonna try the MP, hate those.
And that's also one of the reasons I'm so happy there will be no multiplayer in AK. I can get the Platinum in that one.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #391
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
^And some insist on saying that the game is barely bugged now. These people didn't play enough.

I got all of Origins' single player trophies. I'm not gonna try the MP, hate those.
And that's also one of the reasons I'm so happy there will be no multiplayer in AK. I can get the Platinum in that one.
None at all? Not even DLC? That should make it more doable.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #392
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

There is no MP, but no word yet on DLC. But even if there are trophies for the DLC, it won't count towards the Platinum.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #393
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Happy there won't be any mulitplayer/ multiplayer trophies, I have a 100% and 86% in AA and AC, AO on the other hand I've got a 46% due to how many trophies I'll never get.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #394
JaD
Thriller Night

Got my 65th with Batman AO, so glad to be done with that shi**y multiplayer. My next will probably be Last of Us as I'm going to do the multiplayer, then the difficulty playthroughs before I play the Left Behind DLC which is still waiting for me.

James Dean
Old 03-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #395
Havok83
Side-Kick

And my first platinum for the PS4 goes to AC IV. Took about 38 hours; 16 for SP and 12 for MP. Absolute great game and I'm now working on getting the one for AC III

Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #396
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
anyone have the platinum for Assassins Creed 3? Ive gone back to it and will attempt to get that. I also hope to do the same for Batman AC before AK comes out. What sucks though is re-learning the game as especially the combat trophies will be difficult
I di. Most of the trophies are not that hard, but some take time, like finding the materials for the street vendors.

this was his last post.
Naked Bat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #397
JaD
Thriller Night

Just finished The Last Of Us for my 66th, it was great going back to that game, apparently I missed a lot, and I had no idea firefly pendants were hanging on trees and light poles I swear, some of them were just straight-up unfair.

The multiplayer I read some people moaning about but I thought it was brilliant. It asked for quite a bit of mp but I enjoyed it greatly. If anything, I think splitting the mp in half would've been perfect but I still didn't have much issue with it. The only problems with the mp was how limited it was with the # of maps, modes, and weapons, everything else was intense and exciting. Now I get to enjoy the Left Behind DLC which is probably going to make me cry like a little girl

James Dean
Old 04-30-2014, 03:17 AM   #398
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Working on getting the platinum trophy in Need for Speed Rivals on PS4. That's my current goal right now

Old 05-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #399
JaD
Thriller Night

Got my 67th plat for GTA V, I didn't think I was gonna go for it but I started really enjoying it when I got back into it. I'm sure I'll go for something more simple next like inFamous Second Son.

James Dean
Old 05-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #400
Havok83
Side-Kick

I'm currently working on FF X HD!