The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 01-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #26
bluearth
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Theres also the Smallville cop who saw Superman at the Kent farm when he brought Lois there. Of course like many people in Smallville he'll probably keep it a secret.

In reality theres no way Superman could hide his identity, the US government would launch the largest manhunt the world has ever seen to find who he really was and they wouldnt stop looking until they found him. They would do much more then use a single spy satellite. But of course this is fiction and you have to suspend your disbelief.

In the next movie they'll probably have a brief scene of him struggling to conceal his identity and thats it.

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #27
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Which is fine cause end of the day this is a film, I really don't get the need for everything to be realistic nowadays.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:58 PM   #28
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I wouldn't be surprised though if there are some people who know who Superman really is, but for their own reasons, choose not to share it with the rest of the world.

Goyer did say that he believes some folks (other than Pete and Lana) are aware of what Clark is really capable of doing, but still choose to keep a lid on it.

If the DCU ends up introducing their version of Amanda Waller, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew but for security reasons, chose not to disclose that info to anyone else and placed a order that prohibited anyone from looking into it.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:11 AM   #29
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Theres also the Smallville cop who saw Superman at the Kent farm when he brought Lois there. Of course like many people in Smallville he'll probably keep it a secret.

In reality theres no way Superman could hide his identity, the US government would launch the largest manhunt the world has ever seen to find who he really was and they wouldnt stop looking until they found him. They would do much more then use a single spy satellite. But of course this is fiction and you have to suspend your disbelief.

In the next movie they'll probably have a brief scene of him struggling to conceal his identity and thats it.
I agree. I'm fine with it too.

It's not completely realistic. Even in TDKT (and almost all incarnations of Batman), people would be able to trace Batman back to Bruce Wayne.

I'd totally be fine if his glasses disguise works 100%, even if there are high quality pics of Superman on the cover of every newspaper.

FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:22 AM   #30
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Yeah I'd be fine with that too. Although if you think about it, it could be quite hard for photographers to get clear stills of Superman unless he is fighting in a street or something where there's a lot of people around, although if u look at MOS I think those people just wanted to get the hell out of there lol

Old 01-17-2014, 01:36 AM   #31
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah I'd be fine with that too. Although if you think about it, it could be quite hard for photographers to get clear stills of Superman unless he is fighting in a street or something where there's a lot of people around, although if u look at MOS I think those people just wanted to get the hell out of there lol
I think even during the fight with Zod it would have been impossible to get a pic. Snyder didn't exactly use slo-mo, but a fight between two Kryptonians would have been moving at an impossible speed. It just looked like it was somewhat regular for us, and even then there were parts that were still fast.

I'm seriously thinking that in MOS2 no one would have gotten a good look or photo of Superman. He'll still be mysterious, which may actually play into rather or not the public trust him.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:45 AM   #32
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Well I'm just saying 'if' there are high-quality photos either at the start of BvsS (taken during events between movies or in the BvsS movie itself) or in the later movies, I'm fine if the disguise still works then.

FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:21 AM   #33
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Maybe one person does manage to get a pic and its Jimmy. Could be an interesting dynamic that someone has a pic of him and he has to track him down as he doesn't want it out there.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:31 AM   #34
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Maybe one person does manage to get a pic and its Jimmy. Could be an interesting dynamic that someone has a pic of him and he has to track him down as he doesn't want it out there.
This is they way I'd like it to be. I could see Jimmy being a photographer/computer nerd who is able to do some hocus pocus and gets the most clear picture. It still shouldn't be a completely clear picture, but the clearest one so far.

Heehe...I really want Jimmy in the movie.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:23 AM   #35
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
This is they way I'd like it to be. I could see Jimmy being a photographer/computer nerd who is able to do some hocus pocus and gets the most clear picture. It still shouldn't be a completely clear picture, but the clearest one so far.

Heehe...I really want Jimmy in the movie.
Yeah that'd be great, they could give Jimmy more personality this way too. Maybe its Lois that finally gets the picture off him aswell.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #36
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I was thinking maybe Jimmy is already in MOS......

Old 01-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #37
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

You think it was Jenny, MOS4life?

Old 01-17-2014, 12:24 PM   #38
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

No, Huntress, and I think it was already confirmed that Jenny wasn't the new Jimmy and she has a different last name....I was thinking maybe he's a nobody now and that they'll bring it up later that he took pics of Supes saving the Fam at the train station or something lol.....I honestly started thinking that he was there already during that Zod message....I just kinda glanced around the DP staff when they were rushing to the tvs....I kept thinking I'd maybe catch a glimpse of Jimmy running around with them lol....idk...I know I'm reaching

Old 01-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #39
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

There's still time to nominate your favorite movies of 2013 in the SHH! movie awards! Click on my sig now in order to start nominating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #40
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

If she had not played Faora in MOS, I think Antje Traue would have made a good Wonder Woman.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:11 AM   #41
bluearth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
If she had not played Faora in MOS, I think Antje Traue would have made a good Wonder Woman.
I kind of wish now Gal Gadot played Faora and Antje Traue got the Wonder Woman role.

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:13 AM   #42
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
I kind of wish now Gal Gadot played Faora and Antje Traue got the Wonder Woman role.
Me too.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:31 AM   #43
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

NOT MINE! Antje Traue as Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman Amazonian Might (Antje Traue) by Kiarou on deviantART
http://kiarou.deviantart.com/art/Won...raue-389232472

Old 01-31-2014, 01:46 PM   #44
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Funny enough we'd probably have similar conversations

Gal was awesome in MOS. Now let's see her WW.

Aw..it's that Antje girl

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #45
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
NOT MINE! Antje Traue as Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman Amazonian Might (Antje Traue) by Kiarou on deviantART
http://kiarou.deviantart.com/art/Won...raue-389232472
That's pretty bad ass.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #46
smallville fan
Hero

Has anybody seen this?

Pretty insightful stuff. So apparently Superman saves 4x as many people as Chris Reeve did in MOS.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

WILL HAPPILY DEBUNK ANY HATER AND SEND THEM PACKING! :P
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #47
sef
Side-Kick

Anyone else had the chance to watch the pilot of Chris Carter's new TV series, 'The After'?

At one point (0:30 mark in the snippet below) there are some strange (though kind of familiar) booming sounds in the distance and for a moment I kind of expected to catch a glimpse of a certain Kryptonian interstellar spacecraft hovering above the distant skyline in one of the following shots.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
youtube.com/watch?v=2e-YRJhNkX0

sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #48
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Theres also the Smallville cop who saw Superman at the Kent farm when he brought Lois there.
That was actually one of the dumbest parts of the film, one of the few things that really bothered me. Lois running up to Superman yelling "Clark!" while there's a cop several feet behind her.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #49
GremlinZilla89
Mogwai Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Has anybody seen this?

Pretty insightful stuff. So apparently Superman saves 4x as many people as Chris Reeve did in MOS.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That was flippin' awesome.

GremlinZilla89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #50
WingedAvenger
Newbie First Class

Hey all,
I was wondering what the name of the track that starts right after Superman kills Zod is called? I can't find it on the soundtrack, it starts as Lois runs up to him and he looks at her.

WingedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote