The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 02:43 AM   #1001
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shauner, this is like the millionth time I say this, but I do not care one bit what others think of TDKR. Paul Dini isn't my God and I don't have to agree with every single thing he says. Same goes for Morrison, Dennis O'Neil, and all the other Batman writers that I like. I'm sure there are lots of people I like that liked TDKR and other things I dislike. I'm also sure there are lots of people I like that hated many things that I like. That's just the way the world works. You will never find two people in this world who will agree with on absolutely everything and if you do, it means one of them stopped thinking.

I form my own opinions based on my own judgments; I will listen to what other people say, but I won't agree with them just because they said it.

Two can play your game, by the way. I'm sure I can dig up some TDKR hate coming from some well known names if I look hard enough. Morrison also once said that Batman is "very, very gay" (yes, "gay" as in homosexual). Is Morrison's word the law just because he is Morrison? Do I have to agree with that statement just because I like his work on Batman? Going by the same logic of "TDKR = good because Morrison said so", the answer is yes.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your obsession with other people's opinions on TDKR anyways? You're the only one here that's so concerned with what other writers thought of TDKR, with what other people in general thought of TDKR, with how TDKR will be looked at 10 years from now, etc. Furthermore, you have by-far the most black-and-white mentality out of everyone here, constantly using language like "TDKR haters" and "purists". It's as if you're on an internet quest to cleanse people's souls of all conceivable disgust related to TDKR or something.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 01-26-2014 at 02:50 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:23 AM   #1002
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Shauner, this is like the millionth time I say this, but I do not care one bit what others think of TDKR. Paul Dini isn't my God and I don't have to agree with every single thing he says. Same goes for Morrison, Dennis O'Neil, and all the other Batman writers that I like. I'm sure there are lots of people I like that liked TDKR and other things I dislike. I'm also sure there are lots of people I like that hated many things that I like. That's just the way the world works. You will never find two people in this world who will agree with on absolutely everything and if you do, it means one of them stopped thinking.

I form my own opinions based on my own judgments; I will listen to what other people say, but I won't agree with them just because they said it.

Two can play your game, by the way. I'm sure I can dig up some TDKR hate coming from some well known names if I look hard enough. Morrison also once said that Batman is "very, very gay" (yes, "gay" as in homosexual). Is Morrison's word the law just because he is Morrison? Do I have to agree with that statement just because I like his work on Batman? Going by the same logic of "TDKR = good because Morrison said so", the answer is yes.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your obsession with other people's opinions on TDKR anyways? You're the only one here that's so concerned with what other writers thought of TDKR, with what other people in general thought of TDKR, with how TDKR will be looked at 10 years from now, etc. Furthermore, you have by-far the most black-and-white mentality out of everyone here, constantly using language like "TDKR haters" and "purists". It's as if you're on an internet quest to cleanse people's souls of all conceivable disgust related to TDKR or something.
Exactly. Does everyone who says Bane isn't a lackey have to agree with Bane's creators, Graham Nolan and Chuck Dixon, thought Talia was the mastermind and Bane was the lackey:

Quote:
I liked how Bane was portrayed by Tom Hardy, but I'm not a fan of the mask or the fact that Talia was pulling the strings. Bane would not be manipulated by any man...or woman for that matter.
http://www.newsarama.com/18171-bane-...ins-month.html

Quote:
They treated him as a viable serious threat for Batman. Thatís the best I could hope for. I wish heíd turned out to the mastermind in the end. But they made him a household name and Iím grateful for that.
http://www.gothamwdeszczu.com.pl/en/...w-chuck-dixon/

- The Joker
Old 01-26-2014, 04:23 AM   #1003
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread