The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 01-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #226
seahammer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

Anyone?
Did you just whip that together? It looks awesome, man!

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:55 PM   #227
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Did you just whip that together? It looks awesome, man!
Nah found it on google images. But I do think we might be getting Ragnok though.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #228
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

They haven't done a thing to set up Ragnarok, so no, I wouldn't want that.

I think the story will probably introduce Enchantress and Baldur.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #229
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
They haven't done a thing to set up Ragnarok, so no, I wouldn't want that.

I think the story will probably introduce Enchantress and Baldur.
Why wouldn't you want it? What do they need to do to set it up? I just wanna see Surtur though. His relm was teased in TDW.

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 01-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #230
seahammer
Side-Kick

I just hope this isn't written "by committee," which I think is one thing that the last one had going against it. Chris Yost and Craig Kyle work as a pair often, so there's no problem there, that's how they do their thing. I just hope those two have a strong idea for the story (Maybe the Surtur story that Yost never got to finish in A:EMH has some story ideas that can be used here...) and a fitting, passionate director is found.

However, if they need a comic writer to consult with, Walt Simonson, JMS, and Jason Aaron are all just a phone call away.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #231
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM View Post
Yeah I liked Thor 2 but looking back on it I want a little more meat on the bones. The way the theatrical cut was paced worked alright for me, but I love special editions and director's cuts. Especially if they give more details/clues about things. I want more possible clues to go over towards the future of the MCU. Particularly how/why Loki assumed the throne, and then kept one infinity stone, gave one away. I don't wanna wait forever for the reveals to cliffhangers lol, I want a little more closure on things, or to have more things to analyze/speculate about.

I don't wanna wait until Thor 3 to get a general sense of where Marvel is heading with stuff. So I'd really like official director's cuts/extended editions where they specify which scenes that were cut are still canon.
It's cool how the Frigga scene gives us more details on Loki and Frigga's relationship, but now i'm not sure if it counts completely. I like how it shows some of Frigga's reasoning for teaching Loki all the magic tricks he knows, i think there are subtle clues towards things in their relationship...

She wanted him to have his place in the sun/light. Not the darkness.... There could be some subtle things that help us speculate but not completely understand how Loki replaces Odin so easily. "If it was easy everyone would do it". And i personally believe Frigga could potentially fake her own death, or shapeshift into Odin too...Taught Loki all the tricks he knows, gave him the books while imprisoned to teach him more about magic.

I think it adds a lot to the relationship between Thor and Frigga as well.
If they're all good and add something to the story, why not keep them in?
Definitely, the movie just moved too quickly and important moments just seemed to be brushed under the carpet when they should have been allowed to breath. I think an extra 20 mins and the movie would be so much better for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
Marvel has tapped Craig Kyle to co-pen the third installment in the “Thor” franchise with Christopher Yost.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ma...st-1201076954/
Good news they are starting work on a 3rd movie, wonder who they will get to direct?

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #232
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
I just hope this isn't written "by committee," which I think is one thing that the last one had going against it. Chris Yost and Craig Kyle work as a pair often, so there's no problem there, that's how they do their thing. I just hope those two have a strong idea for the story (Maybe the Surtur story that Yost never got to finish in A:EMH has some story ideas that can be used here...) and a fitting, passionate director is found.

However, if they need a comic writer to consult with, Walt Simonson, JMS, and Jason Aaron are all just a phone call away.
A:EMH and Scarlet Spider are a big reason why I love Chris Yost, it would be great to somehow translate what he did for EMH to the third Thor film.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #233
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:

Or Whedon.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:36 PM   #234
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
A:EMH and Scarlet Spider are a big reason why I love Chris Yost, it would be great to somehow translate what he did for EMH to the third Thor film.
Haven't read Scarlet Spider, but from what I've seen of his cartoon work I think A:EMH is the highlight of his career so far. If he brings his A-game, this is great news.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:36 PM   #235
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or Whedon.
Well, .... oh yeah.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:37 PM   #236
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Or Whedon.
Or someone who has written famous runs on Thor such as Walt Simonson, JMS, and Jason Aaron.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #237
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Think there is a reason Taylor encourage fans to ask Marvel for a DC.
No ****? I had no idea he was doing that.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #238
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Why wouldn't you want it? What do they need to do to set it up? I just wanna see Surtur though. His relm was teased in TDW.
To do the story justice you need to introduce the various plot points over multiple films. It's an apocalyptic event of prophecy that has clear triggers for happening. We haven't heard it mentioned once.

Ragnarok should be a huge event, not a plot set up and dealt with in two hours.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #239
Doc Ock
1951-2014

The Ragnarok trilogy.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #240
TRM
Banned User

I guess I won't have to wait as long as I thought for Thor 3, lol. Very excited about this, and that Yost's writing

Ragnarok could be just around the corner if Frigga manipulated time...And can see it coming certain things coming.
Hiddleston hinted a few times about how he "likes" Enchantress.

Enchantress must be a part of it, the actor hinted at it, and they're bringing Lorelei onto the Shield show.

TRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #241
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or someone who has written famous runs on Thor such as Walt Simonson, JMS, and Jason Aaron.

That's what I was going for.

Off topic: JMS and Simonson both had cameos in Thor. Does anyone remember if any writers had cameos in T:TDW?

Old 01-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #242
Saturius
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Good news they are starting work on a 3rd movie, wonder who they will get to direct?
I'd actually like Branagh to come back. Didn't he want to anyway but something came up? Seems like he and Marvel left on good terms so I'd like to see him get a shot again. I think under him at least the character work would be good again, as that's what really stands out to me as a major sucess in the first film.

Last edited by Saturius; 01-29-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Saturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #243
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
To do the story justice you need to introduce the various plot points over multiple films. It's an apocalyptic event of prophecy that has clear triggers for happening. We haven't heard it mentioned once.

But I really wanna see it though. It could be very cool.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:58 PM   #244
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
I'd actually like Branagh to come back.
I'd endorse that. His directing the first one was a such a great surprise (I've really like Branagh for awhile), and I think that he really helped the actors bring their characters to life.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet on him coming back.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #245
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I hope Teekay!!!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:06 PM   #246
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

yeah but you know they'll explain Ragnarok as being some kind of Event that happens ever so often like the Convergence

....to every King.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #247
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

That's what I was going for.

Off topic: JMS and Simonson both had cameos in Thor. Does anyone remember if any writers had cameos in T:TDW?
I don't remember, I don't think there were

....to every King.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:12 PM   #248
Bim
Side-Kick

I do wonder which date Thor 3 will get though. The possible candidates, given Marvel's unnamed titles on their schedule, appear to be: May 6th, 2016; July 8th, 2016 or July 8th, 2017.

I'm very excited for another round of Thor

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #249
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I hope Teekay!!!
I thought I was the only one who wants to see Ragnok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
I do wonder which date Thor 3 will get though. The possible candidates, given Marvel's unnamed titles on their schedule, appear to be: May 6th, 2016; July 8th, 2016 or July 8th, 2017.

I'm very excited for another round of Thor
I think Thor 3 is the July 8th date.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #250
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I thought I was the only one who wants to see Ragnok?

I think Thor 3 is the July 8th date.
I'm one who loves the idea of the different "Ragnarok Ages". Not alot of people like that idea, BUT, it allows for all kinds of different stories, we aren't STUCK in one time with the Asgardians.

EDIT: I REALLY want to see Magni in other words

....to every King.