Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 12:05 AM   #76
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
I think having the white hair against the dark skin would be striking and the blue eyes I do understand what you mean by that. It may not look natural because its not natural its fantasy so they can do things like that with no problem. I actually liked the all white long hair my only concern was that it looked like a cheap wig and those bangs Ughh!!! If they had a better stylist then it would have been by far my fav. Halle to me looks better with short hair so seeing her now I thought it was cool but it does look more Halle than Storm.

But we're talking about Mr. Singer here, lol. He doesn't like fantasy!

Old 01-30-2014, 12:10 AM   #77
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post

Give her some white hair and its a go. The blue eyes and white hair is supposed to take people off guard and on dark skin it has potential to look stunning in a live-action X-Men flim.
Again, Singer and company set out on this path 15 years ago. We just have to wait it out. HAHAHA.

Me, I'm happy with Storm. They didn't go the African Goddess route. I don't even think they really understood that part of her past when they set out on the first X-Men 2000.

None of the characters meet their comic looks except Prof X.

Hollywood doesn't look that hard into overdrawn and over muscled characters. And at the time Halle was a safe choice.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:19 AM   #78
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Quote:

Give her some white hair and its a go. The blue eyes and white hair is supposed to take people off guard and on dark skin it has potential to look stunning in a live-action X-Men flim.
This! Exactly!

Old 01-30-2014, 12:21 AM   #79
TheGoddess
Banned User

On a serious note. Here is the problem with Storm. Just about ANY Black actress that portrays her is never going to have it down to the T. whether it be in acting ability, attitude, or physical stats. Storm is simply one of those characters that when created,seems otherworldly and hard to capture in reality,unless the director takes a more subtle approach..but even then it isn't guaranteed success.

Even the most beloved fan favorite that could have been Storm first(ala Angela Basset)
cannot nail down everything about Ororo. Angela is darker than Halle skintone wise,but she isn't extremely Bantu Nubian Goddess dark like most would like Ororo to be portrayed, she isn't a tall regal looking woman either.

Iman Supermodel extraordinaire ,even though she had the look,she's still isn't a skilled actor

A lot of people want Zoe for a younger Storm, but Zoe Saldana is even more meek in presence than Halle. Zoe is in the same damn exact spot Halle was a couple of years ago,she IS the "it" Black girl of Hollywood at the moment. It really pisses me off that we don't have more Black actresses that are equally as big,instead of having token ones each era.

Halle isn't in her exact prime anymore,but she is still a talented and skilled actor. She's made a couple of missteps(Catwoman ,Movie 43) as every actor has,but IMO it's because again Hollywood doesn't give ethnic people diversity of roles to pick form like they give for white actors/actresses. Sadly, the truth is if you are an Actor of color,you are either type cast or that "token" Insert race________ character.

Just look at all the movies from the past year or 2 with Black actors in them,and look what era they are based on

12 years A Slave
The Butler
Django

I'm sick of the Halle hate.like she is more than capable of pulling off a dramatic but yet regal and refined Storm,but yet the writing had called for her demure portrayal. Halle should have better offerings and she should definitely be on the silver screen a lot more than she has lately. Hopefully her new TV series is good.

Last edited by TheGoddess; 01-30-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:24 AM   #80
TheGoddess
Banned User

As far as contacts go, they tried to test run contacts ,but they made Halle's eyes irritable.
The blue eyes doesn't even look unrealistic( but only IF the right shade of blue is picked),because Blake people can have blue eyes,but as someone stated...it's rare.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:27 AM   #81
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I watched X-Men on AMC a couple weeks ago with the Story Notes. Apparently, Tyler Mane (Sabretooth) went blind temporarily after wearing his contacts for too long.

So, no contacts fo Halle .

Old 01-30-2014, 12:32 AM   #82
TheGoddess
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
I watched X-Men on AMC a couple weeks ago with the Story Notes. Apparently, Tyler Mane (Sabretooth) went blind temporarily after wearing his contacts for too long.

Me too
They had a Superhero marathon

but yeah sometimes it depends on the type of contact. They say Black ones and white ones usually cover the whole Iris and pupil. The ones that Yaya has on above are normal(not a natural looking shade of blue tho )

Old 01-30-2014, 12:35 AM   #83
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Quote:

She could still wear them, I'm not sure what kind were used I'm sure they were custom, I'm guess they screwed him his lens. Plenty of ppl wear contacts for extended periods lol. That's interesting to say the least

Old 01-30-2014, 12:36 AM   #84
CB Fan
The Watcher

I don't think we all of a sudden need to see Storm with blue eyes but lets not act like it cant work because it can that's why I posted that picture.

Also I believe when it comes to the contacts Halle objected to wearing blue ones because she didn't want Storms race to be questioned so they decided to have her eyes be white all the time through white contacts and she couldn't see anything so they ditched the contacts altogether. Or at least that's what I'm sure I read.

Last edited by CB Fan; 01-30-2014 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:38 AM   #85
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Ms. Lawrence got blisters during FC? Trying to get into these characters ain't easy for some.

I don't care how much money they pay. Halle had more clout on set after MB, so those blinding contacts had to go.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:40 AM   #86
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think we all of a sudden need to see Storm with blue eyes but lets not act like it cant work because it can that's why I posted that picture.

It most certainly can. But Mr. Singer's vision in blind! I appreciate his reasoning for toning down the X characters but on the other hand, his team are just a bunch of bland ponies!

Old 01-30-2014, 12:42 AM   #87
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique'sbooty View Post
On a serious note. Here is the problem with Storm. Just about ANY Black actress that portrays her is never going to have it down to the T. whether it be in acting ability, attitude, or physical stats. Storm is simply one of those characters that when created,seems otherworldly and hard to capture in reality,unless the director takes a more subtle approach..but even then it isn't guaranteed success.

Even the most beloved fan favorite that could have been Storm first(ala Angela Basset)
cannot nail down everything about Ororo. Angela is darker than Halle skintone wise,but she isn't extremely Bantu Nubian Goddess dark like most would like Ororo to be portrayed, she isn't a tall regal looking woman either.

Iman Supermodel extraordinaire ,even though she had the look,she's still isn't a skilled actor

A lot of people want Zoe for a younger Storm, but Zoe Saldana is even more meek in presence than Halle. Zoe is in the same damn exact spot Halle was a couple of years ago,she IS the "it" Black girl of Hollywood at the moment. It really pisses me off that we don't have more Black actresses that are equally as big,instead of having token ones each era.

Halle isn't in her exact prime anymore,but she is still a talented and skilled actor. She's made a couple of missteps(Catwoman ,Movie 43) as every actor has,but IMO it's because again Hollywood doesn't give ethnic people diversity of roles to pick form like they give for white actors/actresses. Sadly, the truth is if you are an Actor of color,you are either type cast or that "token" Insert race________ character.

Just look at all the movies from the past year or 2 with Black actors in them,and look what era they are based on

12 years A Slave
The Butler
Django

I'm sick of the Halle hate.like she is more than capable of pulling off a dramatic but yet regal and refined Storm,but yet the writing had called for her demure portrayal. Halle should have better offerings and she should definitely be on the silver screen a lot more than she has lately. Hopefully her new TV series is good.

I'm sure there's a black actress out there that could play as Storm's role accurately. The writers lack creatively, and passion if you ask me. Research is the key. Halle Berry is a good actress and she clearly cares about the role.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:50 AM   #88
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
It most certainly can. But Mr. Singer's vision in blind! I appreciate his reasoning for toning down the X characters but on the other hand, his team are just a bunch of bland ponies!
Oh I definitely agree that many of the characters are very bland and need some spicing up. Properly adapted Bobby has potential to be a fan favorite both power and personality wise, Rogue a sassy southern belle, Kitty a feisty no nonsense badass (like she is in Whedon's Astonishing), and Storm a regal yet down to earth goddess. Many of his characters are missing personality.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:56 AM   #89
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Just for fun and for Storm lovers:

Id love to see her again in the near future with long hair, to see it moving in the air while flying, would be awesome. With today's effects, more long hair Storm... it would be beautiful
That actually looks really good on her.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:58 AM   #90
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Her X2 hairstyle is not fitting to her costume in DOFP. The combination doesn't look good in my opinion.

Though I do like to see her with longer hair but it should be modern and very 2010s.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 01-30-2014, 04:10 AM   #91
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
She's airborne!

Old 01-30-2014, 04:11 AM   #92
JP
Smelly

Got damn.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:52 AM   #93
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Storm is in top 5 five X-Men characters with the most screentime with 82 mins!

I don't know if her screentime in DOFP is counted.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 01-30-2014, 04:59 AM   #94
BMM
Side-Kick

I notice in the Empire picture her cape separates much more than was initially believed. Liking the pose, too. Argh. When does the trailer get here???

Old 01-30-2014, 05:29 AM   #95
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I notice in the Empire picture her cape separates much more than was initially believed. Liking the pose, too. Argh. When does the trailer get here???
Trailer? It is a big mystery.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #96
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
She's airborne!
OMG YES!!!!

Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 AM   #97
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:29 AM   #98
storman
Side-Kick

YEEEEEEEEES

SHE WILL FLY

so happy!!!!

Old 01-30-2014, 07:20 AM   #99
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:

So this is a strange thought... you know the difference between the scleral lenses and regular cosmetic ones right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-30-2014, 07:39 AM   #100
Mars123
Side-Kick

Yay she will fly! Looking amazing!

Closed Thread