The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #26
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

Knew we were going to get more ambiguity in Empire. Why give a definitive answer now when they've got a buzz going? Dammit, they may just have hooked me into going on opening night.

Maybe Rogue is 'presumed' dead for most of the future scenes?

Old 01-30-2014, 11:48 AM   #27
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Part

For all we know he's Red Herring us and she is in the film with a major role. We just have no way to gauge right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #28
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
We just have no way to gauge right now.
Which is exactly the way they like it.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #29
Great Mind(s)
Broken

What I would do to see that badass have a GRR look on her face and then some kind of Man of Steel type action, she flies through a Sentinel and comes out the other side.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #30
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

If the future Sentinel has power mimicry, that has to come from Rogue's DNA.

It has metal scales/plates that shift (Mystique DNA) and they are shifted magnetically (Magneto DNA). To be adaptive to mutant powers, it has to incorporate Rogue DNA.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #31
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
For all we know he's Red Herring us and she is in the film with a major role. We just have no way to gauge right now.
why lie about cutting a major scene? when we don't even know what that major scene would be, its abit pointless, i suspect she has a part in it but a big chunk of her stuff was cut

its like saying something big is coming, then say oh that big thing you don't know ain't happening now (wink wink), it doesn't make sense at all logically

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 01-30-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #32
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

So before the magazine, there were two possible answers: 'she is in' or 'she is out'

Now it's narrowed down to one:

'she is not necessarily in or out'

He's basically saying you'll have to watch the movie. Honestly, if he cut the only "sequence" she's appearing in (as opposed to just some of these scenes in that sequence) that tells me that any part of the movie where she's in it in some direct way is removed, and she's more likely to be in it in some secondary way, like an image of her on some computer screen, or a file on her, or something like that.

It really sounds like he thought it was a fantastic sequence though, and that it just took attention away from the main story because it was more about featuring what Rogue can do rather than about how it could add to the main plot.

Last edited by Psylocke's Bro; 01-30-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: edit
Old 01-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #33
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Hmm. It better not be her face on a computer screen. By only scene he might have meant her only action scene. They could in theory, find her, rescue her and all the big CGI crazy action has been cut.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #34
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
why lie about cutting a major scene? when we don't even know what that major scene would be, its abit pointless, i suspect she has a part in it but a big chunk of her stuff was cut
Whether he lied about it or not is almost a moot point now. All that matters is the buzz it created which they can use to promote the film, whether she's in it or not.

Last edited by UrbanCougar; 01-30-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:55 AM   #35
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:

its like saying something big is coming, then say oh that big thing ain't happening now (wink wink), it doesn't make sense
Funny because before you and many others where swearing up and down she was cut completely. Again I'm just saying there is a gray anrea that is making it hard to gauge what her characters involvment is completely. That being said it would be silly to say something like that but why be so ambigous now. None of it makes sense so who knows what will happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 01-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #36
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Funny because before you and many others where swearing up and down she was cut completely. Again I'm just saying there is a gray anrea that is making it hard to gauge what her characters involvment is completely. That being said it would be silly to say something like that but why be so ambigous now. None of it makes sense so who knows what will happen?
You said what I thought. Thanks.

I agree everyone was so sure she was cut.
And now ? Now we know she will be in the movie. We only dont know till what extend. And to be honest I could care less. I am glad she is in it. And if the scène of her escape was completly cut we will see it on dvd.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #37
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

I guess we'll have to wait for the new trailer to see if that gives us any more details.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #38
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke's Bro View Post
So before the magazine, there were two possible answers: 'she is in' or 'she is out'

Now it's narrowed down to one:

'she is not necessarily in or out'

He's basically saying you'll have to watch the movie. Honestly, if he cut the only "sequence" she's appearing in (as opposed to just some of these scenes in that sequence) that tells me that any part of the movie where she's in it in some direct way is removed, and she's more likely to be in it in some secondary way, like an image of her on some computer screen, or a file on her, or something like that.
Yeah I was thinking that too...I see three likely possibilities right now.

1) The above: she's just in a flashback or computer file or heavily referenced

2) She's just in some sort of "yay we fixed the future and now look all is perfect and everyone is alive" final scene (I could see why Singer would be playing it ambiguous in that case)

3) She was originally cut back in December, but since then the film-makers are scrambling trying to reverse it a bit/do some editing/reshoot triage to keep her in somehow

Or some mishmash of all the above. Right now I'm leaning towards #2.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #39
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
to DONT BE ALARMED SHE HAS A ROLE OF SORTS
How about more along the lines of:

ANNA PAQUIN'S BACK! ..... maybe...

Old 01-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #40
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

I hope she will kick some ass and wil amaze us all.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #41
Mikelus
Islander

If Rogue is in it, is probably a cameo or very minor role. Singer made a mistake by saying he cut her scene, it was unnecessary, directors are usually discreet regarding these things. But Singer is not the most logical person out there, explaining some of his poor casting decisions, costumes designs, etc... he's talented though, so hopefully the movie will be good despite the imperfections.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #42
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

goes back to the whole singer cutting the expensive opening scene from superman returns, why singer why? strange decisions

Old 01-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #43
Joaqenix
Side-Kick

I sort of wonder if him saying she was out was to create a sense of surprise when it turns out shes actually still in the movie, since he had already said that he didn't want to talk about how Rogue entered the picture. And then when the fandom blew up, he backtracked in the Empire interview?

Either way, I'll just be happy to see her in some capacity. I never expected a huge part for her, but it would be a huge bummer not to see her at all. As Singer said, shes a major part of the X-Men family.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:18 PM   #44
X-Gal123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post

2) She's just in some sort of "yay we fixed the future and now look all is perfect and everyone is alive" final scene (I could see why Singer would be playing it ambiguous in that case)

3) She was originally cut back in December, but since then the film-makers are scrambling trying to reverse it a bit/do some editing/reshoot triage to keep her in somehow

I agree that the second one is most likely. Even if it isn't a "happy we fixed everything" scene, maybe a "crap, we tried to fix everything and made it worse" scene for Apocalypse, I think the alternate future is a way to include a bunch of people that weren't in the rest of the movie for whatever reason. They would be quick scenes to film, could be kept really quite, and if the original trilogy cast is planned for some upcoming movie, the alternate future would be a way to set them up for the next film, without requiring them to be in DOFP original timeline. So hopefully Rogue shows up at the end at the very least.

It is also possible that she might just be lurking around in the back of some scenes, I don't really know why, but she might have shot some group scenes where she has 1 line, and they kept the 1 line cause the rest of the scene was good. So she'll appear but not really do anything of consequence.

Oh well, I'll wait and find out in May.

Avatar courtesy of Mr Lex Luthor
Old 01-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #45
Great Mind(s)
Broken

That doesnt really seem like something Singer would do, not for her. Toad maybe but Rogue?

Old 01-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #46
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post

I'm actually leaning towards a combination of 1 & 3.

Disappointing, though. The fact that Singer basically raved about her performance in the cut sequence tells me she had something really exciting to do. Meaning, she probably actually got to fight and… show what else she can do, if you know what I mean.

Also, if Kinberg said that he put that in there, even though it didn't fit well with the rest of the movie, it sounds to me like he was trying to accomplish something specific with her character, despite the main plot.

She probably had an awesome fight scene.

Last edited by Psylocke's Bro; 01-30-2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: edit
Old 01-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #47
Psylocke's Bro
Banned User

People in the news thread are saying that there are a few days of reshoots in Montreal at the same time Superbowl is happening. Can someone watch on that and fact check to see if Anna is part of the reshoots?

Old 01-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #48
HBKfan28
Side-Kick

They probably cut her main scene from the theatrical version, and now she is still in the movie but mostly in the background as part of the group. So she's in it, but the role isn't as big.

At least it'll be on the home release in deleted scenes/extended version.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #49
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Extended cut would be good but id prefer for her to be exposed to the GA to further incite sequels.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #50
Melapi
Side-Kick

Yesterday she was in Santa Monica:
http://instagram.com/p/jx1czitAzc/
and these days she is shooting the second episode of TB.

But maybe she can have a free weekend.

Last edited by Melapi; 01-30-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Closed Thread