The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Old 01-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #451
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELL N' SPIDERS View Post
I think that Ock might only be an abstract mind after this. I think it would be interesting to see him use those hard light holograms they used a few issues ago when "what's her name" showed back up as a temporary body until he can find a permanent one.
I think you may have hit on something there. He has that VR machine in his possession on "Spider-Island 2". He probably uploaded an "image" of his consciousness using that machine as insurance in the event he gets caught.

runawayboulder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:50 PM   #452
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Anybody see the previews for SSM #28?
Is it just me or does Camuncoli's work shine way better with a different colorist? Or has he just been trying out a different style? 'Cause it looks good.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #453
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

I can't remember if I seen it but his stuff looks better to me with a brighter colorist.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #454
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

It does. His Hobgoblin arc (695-697?) was drawn real cool. I enjoyed that. But other times it's a miss.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #455
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

OMG!
It's freaking
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Normie
!
I just got to the page where Hobby and Greenie start fighting... I'll read the rest then come back!

KaineMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #456
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

OK.... That isn't the anywhere near what
The Scar
is supposed to look like....
It either Ramos being a bad artist....again... or it's not
Norman
, who they are claiming it to be...

Old 01-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #457
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

Good stuff can't wait till next issue
As far as i'm concerned it is Norman.I knew Kingsley sent out a fake vintage Kingsley right there

FN Spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #458
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm still not convinced that Norman is this Green Goblin. If Kingsley can pull a fake, so can the Green Goblin. The scar doesnt look right, and I wont be convinced until after this guy is unmasked. That is what we learned this issue: never assume that the Goblin is who he claims to be until the mask is gone.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #459
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
I'm still not convinced that Norman is this Green Goblin. If Kingsley can pull a fake, so can the Green Goblin. The scar doesnt look right, and I wont be convinced until after this guy is unmasked. That is what we learned this issue: never assume that the Goblin is who he claims to be until the mask is gone.
Thats exactly my feeling as well...
Also, does anyone else feel like the "Ghost Peter" segments feel really forced?
They did to me...

Old 01-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #460
kbrooksgohan
Side-Kick

I think it's Normie too....kids creepy.

kbrooksgohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #461
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

I wonder if somehow Silver Sable makes an appearance during Goblin Nation!

Old 01-30-2014, 03:45 PM   #462
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

I don't expect the Sable issue to be revisited until after Peter makes his return. She'd be one of his only allies though.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #463
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
I agree as well. But, that's not to say it can't be him either. I am really digging all these Goblins! This arc really is classic Goblin, as in who's behind the mask, for both Green and Hobby!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #464
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Superior has been one of the funnest eras of Spidey there's been, stoked for the final arc. Loved the mindscape segments with Peter in #26. Broken down to his core, that's who the character is and I'm rooting for him all the way to beat those impossible odds somehow!

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter. Instagram. YouTube. DeviantArt.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #465
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

I'm not putting much into the scar. I think that was just horrible Ramos art. It looks like Norman took a rocket to the chest instead of a glider.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:32 PM   #466
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Old 01-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #467
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck

I'm not putting too much stock into the scar discrepancies. I remember waaaaaay back in the AOL Marvel site, they had webcomics (little shockwave flash movies with sound and music) and one of the Spider-man ones dealt with the Goblin getting a gamma boost. In his flashbacks it showed Osborne on a slab from when he "healed" and the scar then looked like an imprint of the Goblin Glider's "face" So it might just be a case of Ramos.

Shockdingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:02 PM   #468
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in the scar. I think it's just artistic license. The main point is Dan is DEFINITELY playing around with the Goblin id. In this issue they mention previously linked Hobgoblins (Flash, Ned, Maceldane, Kingsley) and Green Goblins (Norman, Harry, Hamilton). The scar is meant to be a confirmation that it is suppose to be Norman. But, of course, we did not see the face. So, it's still up in the air. And its fun, because the hidden ID has been at the core of both Green Goblin and Hobgoblin! Kudos to Dan for continuing the tradition!

And yes, the Pete stuff was also interesting, leaving only his core memories. It will be an interesting journey of Mr. Parker return to his old life.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:16 PM   #469
stillanerd
Side-Kick

I'm sorry, but based on the way Ramos depicts the Green Goblin's scar, I refuse to believe it's real. Because as far as I know, scars and wounds do not look identical to impact craters caused by dropping bowling balls on concrete.

Also, that line where the Green Goblin says "How dare you say that about my--" before being interrupted by the pumpkin bomb? I agree that is classic misdirection as its deliberately vague, designed to make you think the Green Goblin is Norman Osborn. Until you realize that Norman actually does see his son as a disappointment and an unworthy successor to his legacy. So I agree with the building consensus that this Green Goblin might, somehow, be Normie Osborn, Harry's son. After all, it's not as though we haven't seen certain strains of the Goblin formula physically transform a person. And, let's not forget, it also accelerated the ages of Gabriel and Sarah Stacy due to having it in their DNA when conceived.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine! --Mad TV

stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:18 PM   #470
socool
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
I'm sorry, but based on the way Ramos depicts the Green Goblin's scar, I refuse to believe it's real. Because as far as I know, scars and wounds do not look identical to impact craters caused by dropping bowling balls on concrete.

Also, that line where the Green Goblin says "How dare you say that about my--" before being interrupted by the pumpkin bomb? I agree that is classic misdirection as its deliberately vague, designed to make you think the Green Goblin is Norman Osborn. Until you realize that Norman actually does see his son as a disappointment and an unworthy successor to his legacy. So I agree with the building consensus that this Green Goblin might, somehow, be Normie Osborn, Harry's son. After all, it's not as though we haven't seen certain strains of the Goblin formula physically transform a person. And, let's not forget, it also accelerated the ages of Gabriel and Sarah Stacy due to having it in their DNA when conceived.
I was literally thinking the same thing. BUUUUUUUUT

a) Ramos really could just have mucked up the scar that bad. It is Ramos. As much as I defend and enjoy his work, he does do some stupid **** sometimes.
b) Norman very well may not like OTHERS calling his son a disappointment. He may feel thats his call to make.

But, I also feel that if this WAS Norman, Slott wouldnt reveal it like this. In a fight with the Hobgoblin? (And not even the real one at that) If this was Norman, it would be revealed during his fight with Peter. All in all, its a shame. I was really hoping this would be the return of the true Green Goblin. But it wouldnt be out of the range of possibility for Slott and Co. to just do it kinda...haphazardly, is it?

socool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #471
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Again, we did NOT see the face, so Dan is playing around either way. In the classic sense of comics, yes, this is major misdirection! I too would love to see Norman vs. Kingsley. But, this is fun, complete with all the fake outs!

As far as Normie, don't think I like that. I hate the Stacy twins rapid aging, I'd hate to see it apply to Normie. Maybe this Goblin is the Stacy twin, I think people call the Grey Goblin? I wouldn't like that either, since I hate all reference to Sins Past. But, who knows? Dan has made things work in the past with continuity.

Anyway, fun ride to Superior, right to the end!

Old 02-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #472
KaineMorrison
ben_reilly_s_s

Well, it wouldn't be Gabriel, he hates Harry.
Norman was NEVER shown to be compassionate towards Harry. He was pissed when Harry died, but that's about it.
Normie adores his father. The only one it can be right now is Normie...
Maybe Normie did something to himself after all these years to finally take revenge on Spider-Man and that something left him with a DENT in his chest!

Old 02-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #473
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Why's Ramos's Scar looked like a friggin cracked Egg?

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #474
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

as for Normie being the goblin.... even if he aged fast.. shouldn't his brain still be that of a kid? I find it a little hard to believe he's intelligent enough to pull this off... it would be a bit weird... even if it's a nice call back to the "death of harry" where Normie freakishly tore apart his spider-man doll..

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #475
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

I don't think it's Normie. He was just in the Spider-Man 2099 arc and looked like a 10yr old boy.