The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #426
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Ok I have no idea. But my guess would be she's of Asgardian decent, banished to Midgard because she's half human. That's just another reason Odin rejected Thor and Jane's love.
I want to see something other than Asgardian so I'm hoping she's something else.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #427
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

The thing is, I'm sure as soon as we find out either Skye's mother's or father's name, or of course her real name, THAT will be the moment fans will go, "Oh Snap"!

And then, the fans will divide between loving it or hating it.

GO SPIDEY, GO! ALL THE WAY TO THE MCU!!!!!!

Last edited by Tymminator; 01-30-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #428
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Uh chalk me up as no thank you for Skye (or Killian) being a shape shifting dragon...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 01-30-2014, 11:34 PM   #429
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

If they made her a shape-shifting dragon, I would stop watching the program. It would be one of the worst decisions if all time, like adding nipples to Robin's costume.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:37 PM   #430
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
I want to see something other than Asgardian so I'm hoping she's something else.
I'm hoping for Kree (or half Kree) if the psychic thing doesn't pan out. Unless she's a psychic Kree. Or psychic half-Kree. Or just has a Patrick Duffy leg. Or a psychic Patrick Duffy leg.

The Fin Fang Foom thing is... uuuurrrhhhh.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-30-2014, 11:43 PM   #431
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Yeah im no fan of the FFF scenario but Xeno seemed so passionate about it I'm willing to see it play out if there's something to it.
I think Kree or Inhuman or hybrid thereof would be very cool, as would her having been born in K'un Lun, or one of the other Celestial cities.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:06 AM   #432
TRM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
If they made her a shape-shifting dragon, I would stop watching the program. It would be one of the worst decisions if all time, like adding nipples to Robin's costume.
I don't actually think Skye will become a shape-shifting dragon, but I do really believe that Killian will, and both Killian and Trevor are known to Hydra's empire as "Masters" and "Kings"..."The Dragon" is just one more title Killian owns, his true codename/symbol/role in Ultron and the Masters' plans....
The Hydra is secretly everywhere now, and only Steve can see past the false names.

I think Skye has some sort of past that ties into a battle between Shield and Hydra that never really ended.

Shape-shifting dragon is a long shot for way Skye would connect to that. I'm operating under the assumption that certain things are already all connected, and we're part of a much bigger universe now...we just don't know it yet, especially with all the false faces and false names for things, which Killian was already sick of...

There are certain things from IM3 i believe will be expanded on later, like why Killian had tech that was capable of gaining a "live feed" into his brain. More about Killian's hacking skills, how he hacked the president's phone, and could hack the brain as well as genetics. "The Clairvoyant knows what the President dreams about" Some ppl working with them knew what every area of the brain did, gave Trevor certain surgeries, made him do things "no one should do", and the Mandarin persona was sort of brainwashed into Trevor, like how they brainwashed/hypnotized Bucky to be Winter Soldier...Trevor's real mind was there and not there. Mandarin was intended to mass hypnotize the TV audience of the Marvel world.

Killian and Trevor are part of a much larger conspiracy, have basically already hypnotized/pre-conditioned the world for Ultron.... and pre-programmed Jarvis with the trigger word "cranberries" without anyone knowing exactly how things will connect before it's too late... Or being able to "predict" the "big one" Mandarin prepared people for, before it happens, like Shield wants to. Using all sorts of forms of reverse psychology and misdirections to keep the audience guessing, keep some of the Marvel TV audience thinking Trevor was real Mandarin, until Ultron can position him as a figurehead of the globe....Most of the world won't listen to Ultron at first, he's not human, they fear him, but many minds in the world still fear and respect this man's image when it returns and starts making demands for Ultron...Many ppl in the prison never got the full story on Killian, and only know what they saw on TV/parts of what were in the papers. Hydra anticipated this, but Hydra doesn't expect Ultron will make all their decades of planning obsolete, and overthrow what is almost their world in a matter of minutes..The Dragon and Mandarin both have a spot in Ultron's Masters, and return to terrorize Tony..."We all create our own demons" applies to many things, the dragon emerges from Killian's mind...Tony invents a shape-shifting suit that comes out of him... Some of their worst enemies return, but their worst enemies are themselves and Ultron...The early Masters and the Avengers must form a temporary truce to sort out the problem they all had a hand in creating...

Last edited by TRM; 01-31-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:16 AM   #433
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Or ya know, Killian was Killian and Trevor was Trevor.

That's what I'll assume until shown otherwise. No need to add things to characters in future outings that are out of place from the original appearance. (We'll see what the Trevor One-Shot does for the character(s), if anything.)

I'd also like Skye to just be Skye and not have powers laying dormant or be an alien or any of that stuff, but I'm willing to be very open to that as the show moves along.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:09 AM   #434
TRM
Banned User

The way Killian says i am the Mandarin deliberately echoes the way Tony said I am Iron Man in Iron Man 1. It's the same as Iron Man 1, it's not the exact same as Iron Man 3...Killian and Trevor are still at the start of a character arc... Killian isn't saying he's the Mandarin in the same way Tony says I am Iron Man again in IM3.
This can be confusing But Feige did mention there are certain roadsigns and subtle things in IM3 that help you predict, but not yet understand how things MIGHT come together.

We don't see Iron Man actually become "a part" of him until IM3.
Technological mind control, and hypnotism form a large part of it.
The mind, and Tony controlling the suit with his mind was a big part of IM3. Killian knew what every area of the brain did. Tony's subconsciousness was almost linked to the suit. His mind is now linked to the suit. Killian put chips inside brains, might know much more about the mind. It wasn't Tony's physical brain that was the problem...Jarvis knew the brain was fine, and diagnosed the panic attacks, but couldn't analyze and interpret the dreams, there's more going on in his mind/subconscious than the physical symptoms the body is showing. He makes the Iron Man alter-ego a part of him by the end. The panic attacks stop, but at the end of the story Tony is still telling this story to Banner, and obsessing over this new story. PTSD can lead to/co-exist with OCD, maybe Mandarin handled his panic attacks, but now there's full-blown OCD.

The Mandarin persona might not be a part of Killian in the same way the Iron Man persona is "a part" of Tony by the end of that movie. It can still come apart. Tony went through things as Iron Man, that Killian never went through as Mandarin.. Rhodey still prefers the War Machine codename.
I'm just saying there's a lot of curious things in IM3, like why Killian calls Trevor a Master repeatedly. In my theory they're both Masters, covered up some stuff, and they're working together to supply Hydra with super soldiers. Centipede is just an alternative approach to that.
Zodiac is one of the many false faces.It all comes back to Hydra in CA2.

What I'm saying is Killian is more arrogant than egotistic. He doesn't really believe he's "the best" in the same way Tony does at the start of the movie, or the same way The King thinks he's the best. Trevor might have the type of ego that wants to be seen. They played to Tony's ego in some ways to set things up in advance, I just don't know the fine details yet.. Killian superficially took credit for the Mandarin like Tony did in IM1. Killian created the Mandarin idea, but so did The Dragon in the comics, and the filmmakers once said FFF is kinda hidden in the film, the tattoo forms a link between the two, Sometimes The Dragon did control the Mandarin's mind. But they eventually become their own characters.

Last edited by TRM; 02-01-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: shortening
Old 01-31-2014, 06:41 AM   #435
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Condense your thoughts, or at least summarize at the end in a tl;dr recap.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:04 AM   #436
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Skye is a Skrull

Old 01-31-2014, 08:12 AM   #437
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Or ya know, Killian was Killian and Trevor was Trevor.

That's what I'll assume until shown otherwise. No need to add things to characters in future outings that are out of place from the original appearance. (We'll see what the Trevor One-Shot does for the character(s), if anything.)

I'd also like Skye to just be Skye and not have powers laying dormant or be an alien or any of that stuff, but I'm willing to be very open to that as the show moves along.
That's gonna be kinda hard to do, after finding out that she is officially classified as an 084, and that an entire Chinese village, a squad of top SHIELD agents, and some unknown bad guys died trying to protect, capture, or kill her when she was just a baby. Skye is not "just Skye" anymore. Not by a long shot.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #438
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

TVLine has a sneak peek vid of Ep 13 up:

Exclusive Sneak Peek: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Encounter Dangers on a Train

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 01-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #439
hopeless
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Thanks for the link, it will be interesting if this actually is a shot of the beginning of the episode!

Old 01-31-2014, 02:31 PM   #440
Destructus86
Side-Kick

ugh, i'm having a hard time staying attached to this show. Not because of the content, I actually really enjoy the show...but the episodes air so randomly. At least that's how it feels to me...They had one new episode recently and now nothing again...I'm so confused on when it's on??

Old 01-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #441
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

This upcoming Tuesday, the 4th.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #442
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
ugh, i'm having a hard time staying attached to this show. Not because of the content, I actually really enjoy the show...but the episodes air so randomly. At least that's how it feels to me...They had one new episode recently and now nothing again...I'm so confused on when it's on??
Here in the U.S. Feb. 4th is the next new episode. The week after that will be a rerun (most likely due to the Olympics starting up is my guess), but given that Feb. is a sweeps month we should get new episodes the remaining 2 weeks of Feb. Knowing that May is also a sweeps month, I won't be surprised if we get only 2 new episodes in March, 2 new in April, and then finish up the remaining 3 episodes in May.

For me, personally, I don't mind 'rerun' weeks all that much. I can see how some find it annoying, but as long as it's mostly just 1-2 weeks here and there and the show is up front about when the next new episode is going to air (which it has been, the promo for Ep 13 at the end of Ep 12 had in big bold letters that the next ep was on Feb. 4), I really have no problem. If nothing else, it gives me a chance to catch up on other shows that have been recorded on the DVR and clear off some space.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 01-31-2014, 02:42 PM   #443
Destructus86
Side-Kick

See, I don't get that...why is this show so on and off? Many shows on my queue have been a lot more consistant.

Old 01-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #444
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
See, I don't get that...why is this show so on and off? Many shows on my queue have been a lot more consistant.
Then general fall-to-spring tv season runs about 35 weeks or so, with the average show only having about 22-23 episodes, there's going to be weeks that have reruns shown. Every show I watch has them, and not all shows choose to air reruns at the same time, for me - at least - most of the shows I watch have roughly been about as consistent as AoS has.

AoS also has the situation where they want certain episodes to air during a specific time since they correspond to things happening outside the show (i.e. the episode "The Well" as well as the episode "Repairs" could hardly air before Thor: The Dark World was released in theaters because those episodes have content that was a direct result of that movie, I imagine the situation is going to be the same with the Captain America: The Winter Soldier tie-in(s))

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 01-31-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:58 PM   #445
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

The most annoying thing for me is that they started doing this right when the show got good (for me). The last two episodes were easily the best episodes in the whole show and just when the pacing gets faster, the episodes air rarer.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:22 PM   #446
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
I agree, I want something new like you do. I just have a feeling we'll get regurgitated mess. Fingers crossed though.

Granted, I would rather the asgardian idea over a bastardized version of a popular character. I'm all for modernizing and making minor changes, but if she's an existing character, its got to be all wrong.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #447
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's my biggest problem as well, but its ABC's fault. I still watch it, but I can't remember when a new episode will air and when is a rerun. I think the new one is this week, the next one is April, and the one after that is 2016 but I may be wrong.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:43 PM   #448
Shakel92
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
The most annoying thing for me is that they started doing this right when the show got good (for me). The last two episodes were easily the best episodes in the whole show and just when the pacing gets faster, the episodes air rarer.
I agree. I've really liked every episode, except "084" which sucked big time. However, the last two have been really good. I'd much prefer them to have aired 10 episodes in a row, with minimal breaks, then come back at the end of January and run 12 episodes in a row with minimal breaks.

What I love so much about The Walking Dead is that they run 8 episodes in the Fall and 8 Episodes in the Spring with no reruns.

On a side note, my daughter (age 9) asked me the other day if we can watch the entire first season of Agents of Shield over summer. Anyone know if they'll be releasing it on Blu Ray before this Fall?

Old 01-31-2014, 03:55 PM   #449
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's gonna be kinda hard to do, after finding out that she is officially classified as an 084, and that an entire Chinese village, a squad of top SHIELD agents, and some unknown bad guys died trying to protect, capture, or kill her when she was just a baby. Skye is not "just Skye" anymore. Not by a long shot.
Yeah she's going to go through personal changes that make her a stronger person. But I'm not willing to put all my eggs in the "since she's the 084 she's an alien or super" basket yet. I'm open to it, but I mostly would like to see her stay relatively the same. (Even though all signs seem to point against that haha)

Old 01-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #450
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you’ve given up on "Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," Clark Gregg has pretty much given up on you. Even if you’re a self-identified geek.

"Those aren’t geeks. Those are losers," the man who plays Agent Coulson said on the set of his show, somewhere in Los Angeles. (The producers want to keep exactly where kind of quiet, perhaps to keep the fanboys and fangirls away.)

Gregg is himself a self-identified geek. And he’s passionate about the party line at "S.H.I.E.L.D." — be patient.

There has been lots of grumbling from fans about the show, a spinoff of sorts from movies like "Iron Man," "Captain America," "Thor" and "The Avengers."

"We’re turning that into a TV show and we’re doing that with characters that people don’t know," said executive producer Jeffrey Bell. "And so there were expectations."

Not just from the fans, but from critics, who generally supported the show.

ABC’s initial tagline was, "Not all heroes are super."

"But there are still people online who go, ‘We don’t understand why Iron Man isn’t on the show!’ " said executive producer Jeph Loeb. "You know what? He’s not. I love Robert [Downey Jr.] — not coming by anytime soon."

The producers, writers and cast all insist that the slow build "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." went through in its first dozen episodes was necessary to build toward what Loeb described as "the incredible momentum and urgency of what’s going to happen."

Gregg compared it to eating "the healthy stuff first" and saving "the dessert" for later. "We’re deep in dessert right now."

Network TV is not the most patient of mediums. Series get yanked after two or three episodes. And yet the people behind "S.H.I.E.L.D." seem surprised that viewers haven’t been altogether patient with a show that took 12 episodes working toward the good stuff.

Ming-Na Wen, who stars as Agent Melinda May, admitted she’s frustrated with some of the fan reaction.

"I love our fans so much, but they want the end of it already," she said. "We have 22 episodes and, hopefully, years to come of stories and developing characters, and all we want is our fans to just be patient and not come down hard. Go with us. It’s a slower ride."

"Hopefully, a five-year-plus ride," interjected Brett Dalton, who stars as Agent Grant Ward. "And I think all of the stuff that they want, we have in store."

The normally super-secret Marvel — where you need a Level 7 clearance just to get onto the set — is opening up about some of what’s in store in the next few episodes:

• Mike Peterson (J. August Richards) will be revealed as the cyborg Deathlok in the Feb. 4 episode. The character has existed for 40 years in comic books; this is his first appearance on film.

• Also on Feb. 4, comics legend Stan Lee — co-creator of "S.H.I.E.L.D." in print — will make a cameo appearance.

• In an upcoming episode, Lady Sif (Jamie Alexander) will cross over from the Thor movies to "S.H.I.E.L.D." She’ll come to Earth in pursuit of Lorelei (Elena Satine), another Asgardian who is a minor villain in the Marvel comics.

• Also upcoming — Bill Paxton will appear in several episodes as Agent John Garrett, a tough S.H.I.E.L.D. operative introduced in the comic books in 1986.

"You start to have people like Deathlok showing up," Gregg said. "You start to understand that a bunch of these different episodes were connected. A lot of the geeks that I respect most … are very excited about where we’re going. So I’m going to choose to work for them."

All this will please some, but not all fans. Some will never be happy because they want the show they imagine in their heads, not the one they see on TV. Which, in the age of the Internet, is true of pretty much every show.
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/enterta...gregg.html.csp

Closed Thread