The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 05:10 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-31-2014, 05:10 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-31-2014, 05:10 AM   #3
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Bacon kills it in First Class. And I think Hoult and Jones (Banshee) are both great as well. In fact, I enjoy everyone in the film.
Hoult, Bacon and Banshee were good. Love Rose Byrne. Frost and Mystique could have been written better. Mystique serves a crucial role, I just didn't like the take on the character and some lines came off as too forced.

The direction and character development with the two leads in FC is what makes it stronger then any other film in the series imo. Actors overall showed more range of emotions then the other films. Also preferred the tone.

Last edited by def28; 01-31-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
hoy-small-fry
No strings on me...

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Worst line in First Class has to be

Banshee: Aww I wanted to be Mystique

Awful delivery, and it's not even funny...

Old 01-31-2014, 05:19 AM   #5
The Endless
WE are Groot

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Yea all the kids apart from Hoult were awful. Even Lawrence annoyed the **** outta me by the end of the film.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:23 AM   #6
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

The only kid that doesn't work for me is Angel. I really like the rest. Wish Darwin had stuck around longer, though he goes out in quite the way.

What really works is their interaction with McAvoy. For the first time in the series, it feels like he a teacher trying to guide these young people.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:29 AM   #7
The Endless
WE are Groot

I see what you are saying, particular with Hoult's McCoy. Really liked his interactions with McAvoy's Xavier. I also liked Fass and Lawrence's chemistry and scenes.

But eh, the others were either "eh" (Havok) or "please just... shut up" (the rest of them).

Speaking of McAvoy has anyone seen Filth? What an unbelievable performance. I think he should have received some kind of award recognition for it.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:29 AM   #8
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

The only weak casting in First Class to me was January Jones. There were a lot of thinner characters among the supporting roles, but it was only Emma Frost that I felt fell totally flat. No matter the script, you need someone who can give Emma a lot more presence. Don't know why the producers didn't go with any of the british actors they had lined up either.

I think Hoult was fine, but hideously miscast. Beast should have looked more like a Beast the whole time imo. It's always wierd watching him whine about being accepted when he looks perfectly normal. "Wahh! I need to wear slightly bigger shoes than I should need to!" lol

Old 01-31-2014, 05:29 AM   #9
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Did anyone like Azazal?

Old 01-31-2014, 05:31 AM   #10
The Endless
WE are Groot

I liked him actually. The scene where he's teleporting all the CIA agents up into the sky and dumping them was great. Wouldn't mind seeing him again.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:32 AM   #11
hoy-small-fry
No strings on me...

McAvoy and Fassbender were an absolute revelation in First Class for me. I never thought I'd be able to accept anyone else playing Xavier and Magneto, but they felt perfectly cast as young Stewart and McKellen

Old 01-31-2014, 05:33 AM   #12
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

January Jones was horrendous in FC, she in no way channeled Emma. I would have liked a british Emma or even see if Jamie Pressley could have done her justice, what about Michelle Pfeiffer, to old?

Storm #1-July 23 2014-Preorder your copy today
Old 01-31-2014, 05:33 AM   #13
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Did anyone like Azazal?

Yep. That is how you do a voiceless henchman.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:38 AM   #14
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Pike would have been perfect casting, AND she was in the running too. Mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
McAvoy and Fassbender were an absolute revelation in First Class for me. I never thought I'd be able to accept anyone else playing Xavier and Magneto, but they felt perfectly cast as young Stewart and McKellen
Absolutely. They were both incredible, held down the film for me (although Fassbender's wobbling accent was a bit distracting).

I loved Rose Byrne too. She's the one character from First Class I'm really sad to see not appearing in DOFP. There's a distinct lack of females in the past, and her role as a supportive human will be sorely lacking I feel.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:41 AM   #15
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

I love Rosamund Pike. One of my favorite actresses. They should have cast Alice Eve imo.

Agree on no Byrne. I hate it.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:44 AM   #16
StarLord
Tech Noir.

I've just noticed that Jones looks a bit like Christina Applegate in that picture.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:44 AM   #17
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post

Pike would have been perfect casting, AND she was in the running too. Mistake.

Absolutely. They were both incredible, held down the film for me (although Fassbender's wobbling accent was a bit distracting).

I loved Rose Byrne too. She's the one character from First Class I'm really sad to see not appearing in DOFP. There's a distinct lack of females in the past, and her role as a supportive human will be sorely lacking I feel.
Ive not seen any of her stuff I dont understand why they decided to go with January Jones though.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:45 AM   #18
The Endless
WE are Groot

Because she was ****ing Vaughn lol.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:47 AM   #19
Krak66
Side-Kick

I don't think we will see Emma Frost soon. So calm down people and forget about January Jones. She is TV-actress, talented TV actress . IMO.

Let's talk about Emma Frost in 5 years when she will appear in the movies.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:48 AM   #20
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Because she was ****ing Vaughn lol.
So sad they could have went with someone who could have actually delivered as Emma instead they went with the side squeeze. I want Emma back but absolutely not with January Jones.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:49 AM   #21
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
I don't think we will see Emma Frost soon. So calm down people and forget about January Jones. She is TV-actress, talented TV actress . IMO.

Let's talk about Emma Frost in 5 years maybe she will appears in the movies.
Sorry to disagree thats she is a talented tv actress, there are plenty of tv actress who are still good actresses though.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:52 AM   #22
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Sorry to disagree thats she is a talented tv actress, there are plenty of tv actress who are still good actresses though.
Please give me the names I can't remember anyone at the moment

Old 01-31-2014, 05:53 AM   #23
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
Please give me the names I can't remember anyone at the moment
You should watch more cable television. Great acting going on there.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:54 AM   #24
xrs13
Cold as ice

I think she is a good TV actress. My issue with FC wasnt so much her fault, moreso the fact that whilst they tried to be consistent with sexism at the time the film is set, there is no way Emma frost would be taken with it. She is lets face it hard as diamond, Whether they would have shown the sexism against her as character progression to get her to that point of being all sass is another matter for down the line.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

Old 01-31-2014, 05:54 AM   #25
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Fassbender, McAvoy and Bacon were the best of First Class.I liked Rose and January,but Jen Law was horrble in FC,and the others guys had no grace.

Closed Thread