The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 05:36 AM   #126
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Hells yeah, using concept art as posters in the early IM3 ones was a good start - but why not bring back movie posters as like a legitimate art form? Might as well, they're like dead weight at this point - being used more to promote awareness of an upcoming trailer rather than the film.

Speaking of which, despite people's complaints about them, trailers have gotten awesome and cutting them has become a talent in its own right. I've rewatched trailers after the seeing the movie when they're good enough (The Wolf of Wall Street's first trailer is great); I just want some modern posters I can hang on my wall.
Using art for posters was great and it isn't like Marvel doesn't have a stable of talent they could use towards that end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
what was wrong with the DOFP pics? were they altered?
Apart from the fact that most look like it is for a student film I think there are more yawn worthy cries of sexism being elicited because lady parts are accentuated because you know, sex sells, deal with it.

Honestly I wish half of you just went to live in Sweden, they're big on the whole genderless society thing. Or maybe some hate a woman's body so they could go to the land of burkas.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:46 AM   #127
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

i didn't notice anything sexual about the DOFP pictures. mystique was just mystique. she's just standing there. her character has been quasi-naked since x-men came out 14 years ago. *shrugs*

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 01-31-2014, 06:35 AM   #128
wonderwoman5757
Side-Kick

when are they showing this sneak peek?

Old 01-31-2014, 06:38 AM   #129
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That interview was great. Chris has definitely become more comfortable with the press. He's also taken ownership of the character to an extent, in his desire to be a good role model and protect not only his image but Cap's image in the films. It's really refreshing when an actor becomes that invested in a superhero film, as opposed to maintaining that distance that so many seem to feel is necessary when acting in genre films.

Chris made some interesting comments about the evolution of Cap's fighting style, as well as his strength level in TWS and going forward. From what he said, Steve Rogers is going to be portrayed as somewhat stronger than he was before, more capable of doing damage to his opponents. Chris also said that he would like to see Cap get even stronger in AOU, just to be able to hang with the other heroes. All of that meshes with the implied strength level of Mike Peterson vis-a-vis Captain America. Chris mentioned the fights being more grisly because Cap is more dangerous now. I'll be happy see that, to be honest.

http://collider.com/chris-evans-capt...oQUO7txhumo.99
YESSSSSSS!

Chris has noticeably gotten better with interviews and promotion. He does sound genuinely thrilled to be a part of the production too. I love how he described his relationships with Widow, Falcoln, and especially Winter Soldier in that interview as well....

Gah! Really hope GMA will have a sneak preview of the spot today. The sneak preview of TASM was great; really brought my excitement levels up for the movie! But it also made me more desperate to see Cap's.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:48 AM   #130
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I just saw the GMA sneak peek (3 times!). It just gave quick glimpses of the characters, nothing groundbreaking -- except for Cap confronting Bucky at the very end. There was no dialogue. It was kind of exciting but we'll need to see the whole thing to get the real feel of it.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:49 AM   #131
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post
Using art for posters was great and it isn't like Marvel doesn't have a stable of talent they could use towards that end.

Apart from the fact that most look like it is for a student film I think there are more yawn worthy cries of sexism being elicited because lady parts are accentuated because you know, sex sells, deal with it.

Honestly I wish half of you just went to live in Sweden, they're big on the whole genderless society thing. Or maybe some hate a woman's body so they could go to the land of burkas.
I miss Drew Struzan mentioned it in a different topic, but watch the documentary "Drew" on netflix they mention in there why big studios went away from using illustrators to create promotional material, I miss that era.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:50 AM   #132
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So....we're getting a preview of the trailer today. Awesome!
I'm so excited.

Hey, remember when we used to complain about 6-second sneak peeks of 15-second previews of 30-second teasers of full-length trailers? But for some reason, I don't feel that way for this movie.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:59 AM   #133
Panther X
Side-Kick

The Superbowl Preview has arrived!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnGBF4CZwKc

Old 01-31-2014, 08:05 AM   #134
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Old 01-31-2014, 08:19 AM   #135
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Vartha, can you tell us about how long the film is?

Old 01-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #136
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
As long as it is its own film, I am fine about its place in the universe It needs to live and die on its own merits.

Those short snippets of the trailer show something truly special. The mixture of military and super soldiers has never really been pulled off on film imo. This looks like it has done the impossible in that regard.
I'm absolutely loving the military-industrial look of the movie. Marvel scored a major coup by getting the DP of Elysium/District 9. The aesthetic is the thing that gives the trailers major rewatch value for me…

Well that and all the pretty

Old 01-31-2014, 08:22 AM   #137
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Vartha, thanks! That gives me a good idea.

Can you say about where you'd rank this movie from the rest of the MCU? From other superhero movies?

You are awesome!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #138
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
Here's the one with the Mask on

Old 01-31-2014, 08:24 AM   #139
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
I'm absolutely loving the military-industrial look of the movie. Marvel scored a major coup by getting the DP of Elysium/District 9. The aesthetic is the thing that gives the trailers major rewatch value for me…

Well that and all the pretty
It really does look beautiful. Makes the Avengers look underwhelming.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:24 AM   #140
Huddsy
Side-Kick

Who cares if her neck is longer and her waist thinner. For god sake. If it looks cool, who gives a flying ****.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:29 AM   #141
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Kind of hoping they keep that run time looooooooong on this one. But I may be greedy about that.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:29 AM   #142
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I loved it, though until it's done I can't say lol
There needs to be a lot of CGI work in the last 3rd of the film but Content was AWESOME. What they covered is GREAT, lot's of little Easter eggs and even an appearance from a certain 1940's evil sidekick. (kind of funny where he's stuck) lol
OH GAWD!! Yeah, I need a time machine, stat!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #143
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Kind of hoping they keep that run time looooooooong on this one. But I may be greedy about that.
As long as it needs to be I always say.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:31 AM   #144
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Compared to Thor TDW and IM3? Was it as good or better? I was slightly dissapointed by TDW, I loved IM3 though
The preview of the second trailer is better then TDW and IM3.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:32 AM   #145
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

So Vartha, you'd say the Russos nailed it here? Because it sounds like they did!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:32 AM   #146
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Is there going to be a new full trailer premiering or just a 30 second superbowl trailer?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 AM   #147
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Is there going to be a new full trailer premiering or just a 30 second superbowl trailer?
The present on GMA said the full trailer. So my guess is a 30 second Superbowl ad that is a cutdown version of the full trailer which will be on the internet as soon as it airs.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:34 AM   #148
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The present on GMA said the full trailer. So my guess is a 30 second Superbowl ad that is a cutdown version of the full trailer which will be on the internet as soon as it airs.
Yeah, that's what I got from what she said too. Thanks.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:36 AM   #149
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

HD version of the tease.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-31-2014, 08:39 AM   #150
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddsy View Post
Who cares if her neck is longer and her waist thinner. For god sake. If it looks cool, who gives a flying ****.
As I've indicated before, I'm one of the ones fine with Widows look (and I think this will probably be my last post on the topic of her look, at least in this thread), but regarding what I bolded I just wanna say similar to what some others have said, I think some of those things are more 'optical illusions' playing tricks on our eyes rather than a whole bunch of photoshop (note, I'm not saying that I think there was 0 photoshop/airbrushing done on her, just that it may not be as much as it initially seems, or at least not in the way that we're thinking). The light hitting her one side makes her look skinnier at the waist (because your eye wants to treat the darker part of her uniform as the 'edge' of her body when it's really not), and with how her hair is covering the top part of her shoulders, combined with the unzipped neckline of her uniform, I think is giving the illusion of a longer neck

Back onto the general topic and off of Widow, I love the group poster... still waiting for that Winter Soldier character poster though!!!! And that sneak peek of the trailer.... WS & Cap facing each other down on what looks like a catwalk or something? CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

~Agents of SHIELD
Closed Thread