The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 01-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #201
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM View Post
That's what I'm kinda hoping for. The watchmen feeling.

But a little different than Watchmen, a few things might have went on back in the 60's during Carter's time that are so strange they led to Pym and some of the early super heroes retiring, and much of Shield and the world forgot about heroes existing in the past, until the Avengers Initiative was launched

Shield forgot that there were once heroes in the world like Pym and Captain America. Shield tried to track Pym down in the early 90's, but Selvig misinterpreted what happened. Shield accidentally chased Pym away, because he was reluctant to be a hero again. Selvig didn't even know Pym had been a superhero, but I think their paths might have crossed like in the line that was cut out of Thor. Selvig had negative views about Shield he projected onto the situation, when Shield really wanted his help. But Pym didn't want back into that world yet...

Basically I'm hoping that the Agent Carter show sometimes features Young Pym, and there's a whole lost period of time after/during the war that Carter, the invaders, and Yellowjacket/Antman inhabit.. before he switched back to the Ant Man costume and kept it with him. He'd have some memories of the older superheroes, and there'd be pictures of him in his Yellowjacket costume. To represent all the different personas of Pym, all the different Ant Men, in one movie...

I think Lang is actually kind of the unwilling villain of the movie, in the beginning. An expert at getting in and out of places. Steals Pym's tech from his house, tech that he never uses anymore, and uses it to conduct a series of heists because the villain of the film has kidnapped Cassie...While in the house he sees pictures of stuff, sees the old Yellowjacket, Antman, and Giant man costumes. In the end Pym gets wrapped up in things and has to help Lang get Cassie back from the villains, while teaching Lang to be a hero.
i hadn't even thought about it. but that could be very cool. but on that track, i don't think Pym should have ever worked for SHIELD. it's alright if he worked for the military, FBI, or CIA though. i figure another law enforcement agency might have buried all knowledge of Pym's activities; explaining why SHIELD would be unfamiliar with him. maybe the bad experience was them somehow hearing a rumor about him once being an active superhero and following up on that tip. it might even be what gets Pym to start fiddling with the costume again.

on another note, i'm actually expecting Wright to do a pretty direct adaptation of the Earth's Mightiest cartoon episode. by that, i mean that Pym will be working at a college. Scott will be the janitor of the building where Pym's lab is located. i know that all of us have some pretty wild ideas and expectations. but Wright has mentioned being sort of confined by the PG13 rating. he's telling a simple introduction story that will fit into the MCU. i guess what i'm saying is that the Pym background might be very brief and uncomplicated; same with scott's acquisition of the costume.

Last edited by Ant-manic; 01-30-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Ant-manic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #202
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

I wonder if Maria Trovaya or Trish Starr will be in the Ant-Man movie in some way. Maria is very important to Hank Pym's character, almost as important as Ho Yinsen and Abraham Erskine to Iron Man and Captain America.

starwolf_oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #203
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_oakley View Post
I wonder if Maria Trovaya or Trish Starr will be in the Ant-Man movie in some way. Maria is very important to Hank Pym's character, almost as important as Ho Yinsen and Abraham Erskine to Iron Man and Captain America.
she was left out of Waid's reboot story completely. i'd like to see her. i seriously doubt that Trish would show up; especially without Egghead showing up, first.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #204
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Maria could be Janet's mother in this film.

Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #205
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockie View Post
Wright posted this on his blog:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
it just looks like a guy in a labcoat to me
Ahahaha you were wrong, you ****ing idiot! You're wrong! And you're fat and you're stupid and your mother dresses you funny!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #206
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

what's with the self abuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:21 AM   #207
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
what's with the self abuse?
Stupid attempt at humor? Also that guy sucks.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:05 AM   #208
HunBoy
Side-Kick

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2...francisco-too/

Quote:
Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas are set to star in the movie about a biochemist who uses a group of subatomic particles to create a size-altering formula. After his first self-test goes awry, he develops an instrument that helps him communicate with and control insects.

HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:40 AM   #209
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

That does look like Douglas. I would be happy if they show the original suit in the film.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #210
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Old 01-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #211
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

TeeKay, Where did you get that pic from?

Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #212
Sockie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
That's a generic description of the movie that's been around for ages--I'm not even sure if it's from any official source.

Sockie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #213
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

That Douglas fan art suit looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwolf_oakley View Post
I hope Maria is in the film as well

Old 01-31-2014, 02:00 PM   #214
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Maria could be Janet's mother in this film.
it wouldn't hurt anything. she's never even mentioned her mother in the comic books; just Vernon. I wish that Catherine Zeta-Jones would cameo as Maria. and I think she should be a defector/spy of some sort; to explain for her execution.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:39 PM   #215
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
Looks like DeviantArt with the watermark on there, I wonder who made it, I'd like to see some more of their art lol. I like it!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:15 PM   #216
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

the deviantart watermark makes it look like he's got a belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:03 PM   #217
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
CBM.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:21 PM   #218
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Michael Douglas kind of looks like he's lost his teeth in that pic.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:35 PM   #219
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

he looks like Robin Williams, to me. or this guy... http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...1/Untitled.png

Old 02-01-2014, 01:15 AM   #220
TRM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
i hadn't even thought about it. but that could be very cool. but on that track, i don't think Pym should have ever worked for SHIELD. it's alright if he worked for the military, FBI, or CIA though. i figure another law enforcement agency might have buried all knowledge of Pym's activities; explaining why SHIELD would be unfamiliar with him. maybe the bad experience was them somehow hearing a rumor about him once being an active superhero and following up on that tip. it might even be what gets Pym to start fiddling with the costume again.

on another note, i'm actually expecting Wright to do a pretty direct adaptation of the Earth's Mightiest cartoon episode. by that, i mean that Pym will be working at a college. Scott will be the janitor of the building where Pym's lab is located. i know that all of us have some pretty wild ideas and expectations. but Wright has mentioned being sort of confined by the PG13 rating. he's telling a simple introduction story that will fit into the MCU. i guess what i'm saying is that the Pym background might be very brief and uncomplicated; same with scott's acquisition of the costume.
When news broke that Douglas was cast, Screenrant was speculating that we might still see a young Pym, and even went so far as to say age reversal technology might be used to make Douglas appear younger for certain parts of the story..
The filmmakers said that it's based on the "To Steal an Antman" storyline, but that there are also elements of "The Man in the Anthill". When talking about the man in the anthill stuff, someone said it would happen in a very different way.
I'm trying to think of how Marvel's gonna do this Carter show, constantly fighting Hydra or Zodiac in the past might get boring.
There could be some huge reasons the Agent Carter show was fast tracked.

I think the Zodiac key that Carter has might be important, already connected to Zodiac in CA2 and other dimensions somehow.
Pym shunts his mass into a semi-magical, semi-scientific dimension called Limbo...Lots of ideas about quantum mechanics, the uncertainty principle, and quantum realms might be brought up. In the comics Immortus (an altered version of Kang) tried to stop the Avengers from going into space, because 50% of the timelines and possible outcomes turn out bad after this. He's also messed with Pym and Ultron before. Immortus doesn't really operate like Kang, so there's no manipulation of time directly, but rather of probabilities and being able to view timelines.. Or what Pierce wants to do "predict threats before they happen". Heimdall can't see everything coming and going. Some things don't appear to him until the last second. When Jane lost 5 hours, heimdall couldn't see her.

Last edited by TRM; 02-01-2014 at 06:36 PM.
TRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #221
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM View Post
When news broke that Douglas was cast, Screenrant was speculating that we might still see a young Pym, and even went so far as to say age reversal technology might be used to make Douglas appear younger for certain parts of the story..
The filmmakers said that it's based on the "To Steal an Antman" storyline, but that there are also elements of "The Man in the Anthill". When talking about the man in the anthill stuff, someone said it would happen in a very different way.
I'm trying to think of how Marvel's gonna do this Carter show, constantly fighting Hydra or Zodiac in the past might get boring.
There could be some huge reasons the Agent Carter show was fast tracked.

I think the Zodiac key that Carter has might be important, already connected to Zodiac in CA2 and other dimensions somehow.
Pym shunts his mass into a semi-magical, semi-scientific dimension called Limbo...Lots of ideas about quantum mechanics, the uncertainty principle, and quantum realms might be brought up. In the comics Immortus (an altered version of Kang) tried to stop the Avengers from going into space, because 50% of the timelines and possible outcomes turn out bad after this. He's also messed with Pym and Ultron before. Immortus doesn't really operate like Kang, so there's no manipulation of time directly, but rather of probabilities and being able to view timelines.. Or what Pierce wants to do "predict threats before they happen". Heimdall can't see everything coming and going. Some things don't appear to him until the last second. When Jane lost 5 hours, heimdall couldn't see her.
that's a pretty out there theory. but it's not like stranger things haven't happened. i guess we'll see. if someone's going to de-age Pym, it likely won't be Edgar Wright. i think he's only thinking in the short-term right now. but it's something that would probably be saved for a sequel.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:22 AM   #222
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
that's a pretty out there theory. but it's not like stranger things haven't happened. i guess we'll see. if someone's going to de-age Pym, it likely won't be Edgar Wright. i think he's only thinking in the short-term right now. but it's something that would probably be saved for a sequel.
Highly doubt there'll be any de-aging. It quite simply does not look right. I'm pretty sure a young Pym will be cast. Might not be a high level announcement, since it probably won't amount to more than 10-15 minutes. Especially when you include the obligatory 60's action montage where he goes up against the Michael Pena character, during which his face might be obscured by the Ant-Man helmet. We might just be talking about 5-7 minutes of actual face time for young Pym.

However, if Marvel's planning is as advanced and as exhaustive as all that, I would love for (a) Agent Carter to be an expansive, decade (or so) per season, sweeping historical examination of SHIELD, and (b) Young Pym signed, sealed and showing up as a series regular when that show hits the 60's.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #223
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I wouldn't mind seeing Pym have a run in with SHIELD director Alexander Pierce back in the sixties or seventies.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #224
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Highly doubt there'll be any de-aging. It quite simply does not look right. I'm pretty sure a young Pym will be cast. Might not be a high level announcement, since it probably won't amount to more than 10-15 minutes. Especially when you include the obligatory 60's action montage where he goes up against the Michael Pena character, during which his face might be obscured by the Ant-Man helmet. We might just be talking about 5-7 minutes of actual face time for young Pym.

However, if Marvel's planning is as advanced and as exhaustive as all that, I would love for (a) Agent Carter to be an expansive, decade (or so) per season, sweeping historical examination of SHIELD, and (b) Young Pym signed, sealed and showing up as a series regular when that show hits the 60's.
that's why I hope that they put some serious thought into young Pym's casting. it's someone who could, potentially, appear elsewhere. or even in sequels.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:40 PM   #225
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
that's why I hope that they put some serious thought into young Pym's casting. it's someone who could, potentially, appear elsewhere. or even in sequels.
Yup. Doesn't necessarily even have to be a big name, but an up-and-coming actor who'd be open to signing a long term deal, including television appearances.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote