Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 01-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #751
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: DC Universe - Justice League: War

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
How do you mean?
He's just a generic government ops now that likes 'instant coffee' apparently. I mean what. People criticise the S/WW relationship for lack of chemistry, but I have yet to have been sold on any chemistry between her and Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I allways liked them together, it's like with characters like Superman, Spider-Man or Green lantern, except this time, the male in the couple is the one who will most likelly have to be rescued.
I thought the Steve Trevor voiced by Nathan Fillion in her solo animated flick was great. At least in that take he had a personality.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #752
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

I like Steve and WW together, I thought it was handled particularly well in the WW animated feature. I like that he's the first guy she meets and met him by accident and all that stuff.

And I do think the Superman/WW relationship definitely has chemistry, it just seems like a very physical, sexual one (as it should be, IMO, I'd be especially pretty opposed if it were anything else, really).

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #753
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

I watched it today. Loved the story, hated the voice actors.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #754
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Last year, I noticed a mother letting her son, who was 4-5 years old pick out a DVD to buy while she was browsing for a movie for herself. He picked out JL:Flashpoint and she was going to buy it for him. I pulled her aside and told her what happened to Zoom (her eyes widened with shock) and recommended that she get him the old JL series or Super Friends.
Nice.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #755
Binker
Side-Kick

Watching the movie again, I want Affleck's Batman to take some influence from the Batman from the Origin/War story, especially when it comes to the idea of him, a normal guy, fighting along side superpowered humans, which wasn't why or part of his plan when he became Batman to begin with.

Binker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #756
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Watching the movie again, I want Affleck's Batman to take some influence from the Batman from the Origin/War story, especially when it comes to the idea of him, a normal guy, fighting along side superpowered humans, which wasn't why or part of his plan when he became Batman to begin with.
Agreed. I think that Batman was the saving grace of this story on both the comic and movie side of things. I don't like the "Bat-god" worship in the story(ies), but Batman as a character is great in both. If this is how BvS Batman is, I don't think many people will object. Even the costume is pretty good (one of the few New 52 redesigns that I liked).

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:51 PM   #757
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Last year, I noticed a mother letting her son, who was 4-5 years old pick out a DVD to buy while she was browsing for a movie for herself. He picked out JL:Flashpoint and she was going to buy it for him. I pulled her aside and told her what happened to Zoom (her eyes widened with shock) and recommended that she get him the old JL series or Super Friends.
Way to go, narc.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #758
ssj wolverine
Plenty have tried pal!!

I enjoyed the film. 8 out of 10.

My favorite parts.
1)Darkseid was so badass
2) Seeing Superman giving Batman and Green Lantern an asswhipping with relative ease was pure joy especially against Bats Didn't even break a sweat.
3) Although GL was a tool, he was pretty funny.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #759
dnno1
Side-Kick

The film was very adult themed with the lot of dirty language and explicit violence. Buildings did fall down in this film, so suffice it to say that the DC Universe has cornered the market on reckless property damage. Get past that, and you can appreciate how close to the source material this movie actually was.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #760
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
The film was very adult themed with the lot of dirty language and explicit violence. Buildings did fall down in this film, so suffice it to say that the DC Universe has cornered the market on reckless property damage. Get past that, and you can appreciate how close to the source material this movie actually was.
if you go back and watch JL or JLU you'll notice how much property damage is a part of the property.

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:44 AM   #761
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
if you go back and watch JL or JLU you'll notice how much property damage is a part of the property.
That's why I say they've cornered the market on it. You can consistently see that in their films.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:28 AM   #762
Scar Predator
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Nice.
Thank you. I hope someone would do that for me if I was ready to make the same mistake with my kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Way to go, narc.
Ha ha. I know it makes me uncool, but I'm a big believer in the mind developing certain coping and processing skills before being subjected to certain themes and imagery. That kid was simply too young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj wolverine View Post
I enjoyed the film. 8 out of 10.

My favorite parts.
1)Darkseid was so badass
2) Seeing Superman giving Batman and Green Lantern an asswhipping with relative ease was pure joy especially against Bats Didn't even break a sweat.
3) Although GL was a tool, he was pretty funny.
It stands to logic that Supes would be able to do that upon meeting those two at first. In the comics, he bested them and Flash. That gave more weight to Batman later saying that they wouldn't beat Darkseid without their "big gun".

Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 AM   #763
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Thank you. I hope someone would do that for me if I was ready to make the same mistake with my kids.
It shows you what's expected of these characters from the general audience. Especially, when in animated form.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

Old 01-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #764
Scar Predator
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
It shows you what's expected of these characters from the general audience. Especially, when in animated form.
I don't think it's something that is specific to the JL per say. A large percentage of people in my age group who are mostly ambivalent to comic-related happenings still think of them as "funny books" and expect anything super hero related to be like the Batman '66 series. Anyone who has cared enough to at least see the Dark Knight Trilogy, Arrow, or the Marvel Cinematic Universe is a little more knowledgeable.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:25 PM   #765
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I don't think it's something that is specific to the JL per say. A large percentage of people in my age group who are mostly ambivalent to comic-related happenings still think of them as "funny books" and expect anything super hero related to be like the Batman '66 series. Anyone who has cared enough to at least see the Dark Knight Trilogy, Arrow, or the Marvel Cinematic Universe is a little more knowledgeable.
Oh, I'm just talking about superheroes in general. Your average adult who doesn't know much about the characters isn't make much of a leap in assuming these characters are appropriate for kids given their history as far as pop culture goes. So, that coupled with being an animated film (also mostly viewed for kids), it's understandable that a parent would think such a thing was ok for kids and just pick it up without thinking of checking out the rating.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #766
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I think it's funny that The Flash is more serious then Green Lantern....can't stand the new GL

Old 02-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #767
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I think it's funny that The Flash is more serious then Green Lantern....can't stand the new GL
Maybe because it's not Wally West and it's not John Stewart.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #768
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Maybe because it's not Wally West and it's not John Stewart.
Wally was never overtly comedic to me. Sure, he was more prone to sarcasm and poking fun, but he wasn't prattling off jokes nor did his dialogue feel like a stand-up script. I get the feeling that the jokester-Wally perception came from JL/JLU. He was more of a get-stuff-done type in all of the stories I've read from him.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #769
Rorschach2012
$

The JLU Flash had Barry's job, origins, and enemies, Wally's name and face, and Impulse's personality

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #770
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Just saw Justice League War and it's pretty good on action. The character relationships captured the comics version as the characters reflect the New 52, not the post-Crisis DCU. However, the film itself is similar to the JL/ JLU series pilot, Secret Origins.

I love the Superman/ Batman fight as it's the most realistic and a flip side to the one in Dark Knight Returns. I hope that the MOS sequel goes that route.

Wonder Woman shined in the fights and I hope this will be how she will fight in the movies.

Watch this with JL: Flashpoint Paradox and you would watch the end of one DCU continuity and the beginning of another. That's 2-plus hours of violent adult DCU action.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #771
The Showstopper
Empathic Mimic

I finally got to see this one, and I really didn't like it, which makes me sad because I really like the Origin story arc in the comic. I really didnt like the voice cast espically Batman and Cyborg, even though I like those actors. I'm particually upset by the cutting of Aquaman, even though we got the teaser for Thorne of Atlantis. This is probably the most disappointing animated release for me

The Showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #772
BETArayBill
Side-Kick

I just watched the movie i to be honest i was not a fan of it i thought the voice actors were pretty awful especially the guy who played green lantern i thought he was just plain awful ill never understand why dc feels the need to change up the voice actors for these films sometimes its not that bad but this time they where just all bad i also didn't like the characterization of darkseid at all with the three sentences he kept repeating i also was not a fan of the animation style in this one it felt way to anime to me i hate that i didnt like this movie i love all the other dc animated movie this one just felt so off from what they've be doing before i hope with fan enough fan complaints they abandon this whole new 52 voice cast a look continuity .

Old 02-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #773
BETArayBill
Side-Kick

Don't know if this has been said but theres something during the credits

Old 02-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #774
charl_huntress
The Offender

Just watched this. I was finally able to rent it today and boy am I glad I rented it. I would be highly pissed if I wasted my money. I'm watching it again right now, but I'll offer up some thoughts later.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #775
Capt. Marvelous
Banned User

This film was really weak and not worth buying. I really don't want to see them build a movie series on this foundation.

Capt. Marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote